It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I-Team: Strange Circumstances Surround Park Disappearances (vid on link)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Apollo7

Apparently there are "hot spots" all around the U.S.

This is from the video:

I'm surprised that Big Bend in west Texas is not marked.
If I were going to abduct someone, that park would be my first choice.

am curious as to whY:
Want to elaborate on that?

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Also, I wanted to add that I saw a show on "Fact or Faked" where a woman thought she was being abducted by aliens, and brought back. So her husband put up a camera in their bedroom, and you can plainly see where she is lying there one minute, and then the covers just go flat! She disappeared right there in front of the camera!
The t.v. crew did find a way to debunk it, but they said they didn't think this woman was lying because of how distraught she was, and to set up what was needed to do a hoax was pretty elaborate. This could actually be happening!

Hi sled735...care to find the video for us or at least tell us what episode of "Fact or Faked" it was at?
Here, to make it easy for ya to sort it through: FACT OR FAKED YOUTUBE LINKS

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ringht_n_wrong

Originally posted by sled735

Also, I wanted to add that I saw a show on "Fact or Faked" where a woman thought she was being abducted by aliens, and brought back. So her husband put up a camera in their bedroom, and you can plainly see where she is lying there one minute, and then the covers just go flat! She disappeared right there in front of the camera!
The t.v. crew did find a way to debunk it, but they said they didn't think this woman was lying because of how distraught she was, and to set up what was needed to do a hoax was pretty elaborate. This could actually be happening!

Hi sled735...care to find the video for us or at least tell us what episode of "Fact or Faked" it was at?
Here, to make it easy for ya to sort it through: FACT OR FAKED YOUTUBE LINKS

I don't know for sure which video it is. I watched it on t.v. I did go through a few of the videos on YT looking for it before I posted, but ran out of time. It was the last case on the video ( they always do 2 cases on each show), and I don't remember what case they worked on first to recognize it. I feel bad that I don't have time to look for it.
I tried..... but failed.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Well, it's 800,000 acres of completely desolate surroundings.
Every time I've been there, I have never run into another human being.
Perfect place to abduct!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

reply to post by SeekerLou

Well, it's 800,000 acres of completely desolate surroundings.
Every time I've been there, I have never run into another human being.
Perfect place to abduct!

Thanks for putting this out there for all the pedophiles and serial killers looking for a "perfect" place to attack!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
We discussed this on the bigfoot boards, because many of these cases just "fit" personal experiences that people have told or written down, and submitted to a database. Sasquatch have been known to care for stray children, often returning them to their parents if they know where they are, and with the animal's observational skills, they usually do.

Bigfoot is not of the same breed as aliens or vampires. It actually is a living, breathing animal. Granted, this explanation cannot account for every single case presented in the book, but definitely some of them. I have had a few paranormal experiences in my lifetime, and it has been my experience that the paranormal is pretty mundane. I mean on average, you don't have physical interaction. Especially deep in the woods, where no one has ever gone, at least not recently, and the chances of them having passed away there are even slimmer.

This is why I do not think ghosts can explain cases that seem to defy the person's ability to reach a spot, or just simply survive for a period of time. I have listened to highly emotional encounter reports from people who remember being rescued by bigfoot when they were younger. There are way more than your average person would think. So I just wanted to offer up that explanation, although not many people will buy it. But that's okay, because vindication for myself and many others is not too far away.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I would hope that parents would not allow their children to visit Big Bend on their own?
Or have we gotten that stupid, uncaring and neglectful?
As for serial killers, well, they need no help from me.

edit on 21-5-2012 by CodyOutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hey, they just replayed that episode of Fact or Faked.... I watched more closely this time...and in the original vid , it did appear to have a cut out ... Watch more closely next time, it seems to go below flush level of bed. But that is just my opinion. Yeah, the lady seemed sincere but then again, there are good actors out there who can play many. But still I am unsure about this and could be wrong.

Back on topic: Paulides mentioned a few other facts and theories on the ATS vid. Shrug to think of feral people living in the woods. In the past, I have watched a few movies similar to what he discussed .( crazy people living in the woods )... I just thought it was all made up ... now I have learned that this isnt' necessarily so - for there have been real cases of such-- w/abduction /murder, etc. Anyway, thought that part was interesting.

Hmm... Govt experiment gone wild?

Appreciate your replies!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

reply to post by sled735

I would hope that parents would not allow their children to visit Big Bend on their own?
Or have we gotten that stupid, uncaring and neglectful?
As for serial killers, well, they need no help from me.

edit on 21-5-2012 by CodyOutlaw because: (no reason given)

Aha.... I see. I was actually expecting your post to be bait for a joke or something.haha.. jokes on me. I was thinking maybe you knew of someone in the Big Bend area , that you wanted abducted or something lIKE lol

Gotcha now.... and you are VERY correct in that they need NO help from you....

Ya know, this thread reminds me .... I had co-worker -friend ,who's son & gf were murdered on the Appalachian Trail. They arrested /imprissoned the serial killer (not paranormal of course).... But this still affects me to this day. We were at work when he received the news by phone... Anyway, it still breaks my heart ....to know , think and feel for ALL of the folk who have lost their children ... it's allll so sad /tragic.

Question: on the ats vids, is there any way to skip ? Is there another player to utilize , that has this capability? 3hrs! ... it would be nice to pause, skip or whatever . I'd post the time stamp for when Paulides' interview started if I were able.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
We discussed this on the bigfoot boards, because many of these cases just "fit" personal experiences that people have told or written down, and submitted to a database. Sasquatch have been known to care for stray children, often returning them to their parents if they know where they are, and with the animal's observational skills, they usually do.

Bigfoot is not of the same breed as aliens or vampires. It actually is a living, breathing animal. Granted, this explanation cannot account for every single case presented in the book, but definitely some of them. I have had a few paranormal experiences in my lifetime, and it has been my experience that the paranormal is pretty mundane. I mean on average, you don't have physical interaction. Especially deep in the woods, where no one has ever gone, at least not recently, and the chances of them having passed away there are even slimmer.

This is why I do not think ghosts can explain cases that seem to defy the person's ability to reach a spot, or just simply survive for a period of time. I have listened to highly emotional encounter reports from people who remember being rescued by bigfoot when they were younger. There are way more than your average person would think. So I just wanted to offer up that explanation, although not many people will buy it. But that's okay, because vindication for myself and many others is not too far away.

Gr8 post. Sorry for delay/missing response...Appreciate your share and would love to hear of your experiences. If you don't want to make a new thread...you can always post to sled's thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com... You sound like you have a lot to offer.

I have listened to highly emotional encounter reports from people who remember being rescued by bigfoot when they were younger.

Mind elaborating? Very interesting. I would love to hear more . Are you an investigator also?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I used to dig Smokey Quartz Crystals and Topaz Crystals at a place called Devil's Head. I would expect lots of missing people around there.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Sounds like interesting fun!! I'd love doing that! Gem lover here. Love smokey quartz too..

I see where you are coming from.. With name and all... Sounds like the ripe type place too...

Anyway, glad you are still with us! We can only speculate that they just didn't want YOU!! ? You must be bad ...jk in jest!!..
Here's hoping you have a sense of humor!

Seriously, do you no longer think it safe? Would you go back now?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
S&F for your thread.

Quite disturbing and scary when I think on this.
Most cases have a rational explanation but there is always that 1-2% which defy logic.
This also does not just happen in the parks.

There was a thread some time back about people who just vanish/dissapear.
And some dont just wander off,,some are rate next to you, and you turn your head from them for 30 seconds and there gone.
Heard a few stories also where they find boats and everything is intact,there belongings,,etc,good weather to and the ship is found drifting with the crew missing.

Another reply here was "blame the ET's".
Not much more to go on.?
There could be another group,if abducted bt them,you don't come back.

Going to look into this more and thanks for sharing.

M

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyMN

Hi Molly and thanks for your response.
Yeah, I've heard and been interested about all the other disappearances as well. Weird stuff: Agreed! Am sure then that you have heard of The Bermuda, Chinese , and Devil's Triangles.. I was only aware of the Burmuda one until a few years ago but wow , yeah, so many places of mystery! Honestly, I would never attempt going into any of the areas. I prefer being miles away lol I prefer being around here -as I'm sure you do - as safe as possible!

Thanks again for your contribution and glad you enjoy!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
My book came today!!!!!! Missing 411 East Coast.... I had a really hard time finding a copy. I'll be back after some quality reading time..,.....

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

u did abook?? with pages,,?? that is so Guiller! lol

edit on 1-6-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

It's such an obscure book it's not available except in print.

Now I feel ancient.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

It's such an obscure book it's not available except in print.

Now I feel ancient.

obscure book,,no such thing,,,well maybe Checkov,,about the russian winter,,,My Cousin,,something,,
or was it Dr. Shevago?

obscure book,,ya right, lol

so u think.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

. I have listened to highly emotional encounter reports from people who remember being rescued by bigfoot when they were younger.

Somehow I had overlooked post I believe....am sorry to have not responded but I truly appreciate your input here to thread, jiggy... I'm truly interested in yours and others' thoughts/opinions. I think you have made some really good points btw.

This *quote* especially captured my interest. Where did you hear these emotional encounters ? Are you personally involved with these investigations? You mentioned the boards. Hear encounters from there via links to these recordings? I would love to listen too if at all possible. Very muchos interested!

Originally posted by smyleegrl
My book came today!!!!!! Missing 411 East Coast.... I had a really hard time finding a copy. I'll be back after some quality reading time..,.....

Cool! Smyleegrl ( *glad you didn't leave* saw that!) You received your book, so now I'm anxiously awaiting to hear what you learn from it. Can I borrow it? Fellow TN'n just may be my next door neighbor ! WTH knows.. but hey it's a smaller world everytime I look lol. It wouldn't shock me in the least .
I didn't realize the book was that difficult to get but glad it finally arrived. Please do keep us posted.

Not sure if I am misunderstanding or if you are...but Smylee ordered David Paulides "Missing 411 East Coast" book. I hope it has pages lol
: She will not be able to share aNYthing if it doesn't.
edit on 2-6-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Wow their are some really weird and cool stories in this book from what I have heard on coast to coast am, was I the only one who's first thought was the story of those nine dead skiers in ... was it Russia? Anyway thank you for introducing me to this amazing topic, I am of the opinion alot of them have to do with DUMBS and such , but alot of them are just plain freaky. Is there anywhere online I could find some of the more interesting cases from the books? Personally I just don't go for the bigfoot angle seems kinda dumb to me, especially since the BF stories are always so fickle in regards to them being nice in this story and brutal murderers in others. Another thought that just struck me is having people take off their boots , and them never being located is a very intelligent decision as I am guessing it would leave alot less evidence to be found by people searching for missing individuals, though admittedly i could be wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join