It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I-Team: Strange Circumstances Surround Park Disappearances (vid on link)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by SeekerLou

"Weird things happen to their clothing. The missing often shed their clothes right away, even in bad weather. Clothes are found, but not the people."

I dont Understand why people think this strange.......when hypothermia sets in the bodies reaction make people feel hot, and they will often shed their clothes down to nothing ........

This is very common, it also doesnt have to be freezing outside or snowing or anythin glike that to succumb to it.....

Seems to me these people got lost and some chain of events started happening.......

These are national forests were talking about here, not just parks..........

You can take isolated statements and make them out to be a big mystery, but when you put them together it makes sense.....

They might not find anyting but the clothes, especially if the person succumbs to hypothermia and wanders off.......

All manner of scavengers will feed on a carcass whether its human or not, not to mention these areas are so thick, you might not ever find a body......

Im not saying there is NEVER mystery involved im just saying lets not make leaps here......

This is all coming from someone very very experienced in the mountains and survival.........
edit on 13-5-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

well, if it is hypothermia then why is it so concentrated in this area, or better yet, why don't we find stories like this in every cold, more or less uninhabited place? plus it doesn't explain the people vanishing or the dogs losing the scent.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
FYI if you can't get Channel 8's videos to play - the accompanying articles are almost exact transcripts.

Here's the missing person's cluster map from the video.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Come and listen to a story about a man named Jed, a poor mountainer barely kept his family fed. Then one day he was shootin' at some food, and he disappeared.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Havent read the book but it seems like the clusters dont span more than 1 lifetime and stop?

Cereal killers?

creepy stuff. More so when they just cover it up like it never happened.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Thanks for the link a very creepy read especially the stonehenge case..not heard of that one before i have just revived an old post about it
edit on 14-5-2012 by dashdespatch because: added info

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Wow. Thanks you guys. Great job! Not going to attempt to address ea of you individually but I truly appreciate all of the contributions to the thread. Thank you so much for the vids and additional links - very interesting!

Truly , I find the Stacey girls' case strange in that Yosemite is UNwillingly to divulge the info on the girl but they have released other data on cases. IMO this makes the guy suspicious ..almost like the guy had something to do with her disappearance because he insisted that Paulides couldn't and wouldn't get it...or either he knew something and did not want him to close in on the truth.
Also , strange - In some cases the missing were found miles away with no human way possible of getting there - and barefoot at that . The clothes left neatly in a pile ''as if a person melted"..makes me think of old movies of martians zapping/dematerializing someone ... Remember The Invaders series? Wild thought lol
Anyway... I can see why Paulides is so interested ... Another thing he pointed out was there was no mention of condition of the feet. Hope he mines the truth out here.. and everywhere...

The idea of hypnosis of those who have been found (that can't remember/had "forgotten") is a wise thing to do ... I'd love to see how the results compare, etc....There was just a mention of this but I wonder if folk would be willing to do this?

While Paulides was reticent to offer a specific theory as to what is behind this rash of disappearances, he did observe that the DNA of children is more pure than adults, which may suggest some kind of alien abduction scenario. He also cited a common theme of these cases where it will snow or rain following the disappearance, but the victim will later be found wearing dry, clean clothes and "there's no way they had been outdoors." Beyond that, children who have gone missing, and then returned alive, recall encounters with wolf-like creatures or a bear that "cuddled with them all night." Compounding the mystery, Paulides said that, in several instances, people have disappeared at locations with "devil" in the name, which may indicate that these places have a long history of sinister events attached to them.

Paulides is really on to something imo: I am very happy to see that he is into /on this investigation. Maybe , somewhere along the way, we can find / gather the answers to our many questions.

Appreciate ea and every one of you. And omg ,lol, to the guy who posted the Beverly Hillbilly song lyrics...and then Jed disappeared ... I cannot leave post without a thank you for cracking me up. I literally LOL'd . That was great ... Hmmm ...thanks for that... so it must be all about the oil then. Thanks for solving the cases.

Again, thank you for your interest/replies....All contributions are very much appreciated.
I've got some vids to catch up on now!!

Appreciate your help here in the thread ..Am learning more and more and am even more baffled now!.
Stars for everyone!

edit on 14-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

Places all over the world have this issue..........pick any forest and find out how many deaths occur there......

pick any forest and see how many are hypothermia related.........you can get hypothermia just from being out in rainy weather.........

Its just that you guys are looking at this PARTICULAR area..........its the same in any national forrest as far as missing people and people succumbing to the elements

The map above me proves this.........these are all heavily forested areas..........
edit on 14-5-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dcboltar
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Or at least not until it happens to you. I guess then we'll just have to apply your own explaination to your own ( Non Mysterious ) disapearence.

i can tell you right now if i end up wondered off and never found in a forest........its 99 percent that I wasnt abducted by some creature............

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Missing persons cases fascinate me,and scare me at the same time.Imagine how the person in the situation must feel,a lot of disappearances happen because of drowning,falling in to hard to reach caves and crevices and skeletons are found decades later.Personally I would never go alone in an isolated hard to reach place far away from human settlements because it takes very little for things to go wrong.
In my country a few years ago a little girl went missing,her name was Angela and she was six at the time.Angela lived in a village with population of about 70 in a very scarcely populated area known as Mariovo,have in mind that less than 1000 people live in a few villages in area of approximately 870 square miles of wild nature.Anyway the little girl vanished just a few houses away from her own,with people around.There was a huge investigation,the area was combed over,wells were dried but she wasn't found.This happened in the summer of July ,2009,in February 2010 the bones of a small child were found in a place known as Samovilec(in translation fairy place,or fairy grounds) 4.5 miles from the village.Although there are a lot of caves in the area the body was left in plain sight,but except few shepherds seasonally not a living soul passes there. A place difficult for an adult to reach not a six year old in slippers.The cause of death according to the experts was impossible to tell from the weathered bones.
edit on 15-5-2012 by adnachiel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by adnachiel21

Does everybody in moldova speak such good english?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Ahahaha,I'm not from Moldova.So people from certain countries shouldn't be able to have decent knowledge of foreign languages?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by adnachiel21

Not at all just impressed. i can just about order a beer and a pizza in some european languages we brits are pretty lazy when it comes to languages

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Sent a message to a close ATS friend who also grew up in the mountains. Hopefully she can add more info, she knows a lot more than me.

Here I am!

I grew up at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. When I was 10 or 11 I used to take walks through the woods across the road from our house. That side was nothing but woods... no houses for miles and miles.
One day when I ventured into the woods I heard something moving through the brush, could hear twigs snapping on the trees, etc. What I saw was a very tall creature of some kind that was invisible.
You heard me... INVISIBLE! I could see the outline, sorta, but its body had a shimmering vapor-like quality that I could see through! It stood there peeping through the trees at me, and I took off! If I had stuck around no telling what would have happened! Scared the beegeebees out of me!

I have read somewhere that Big Foot can make itself invisible... that's why no one is able to see one when hunting them. Although there was one evening around dusk when a very tall creature, possibly 8' or 9' tall walked past our bathroom window and my older sister saw it. She freaked out! It had to be at least that tall to reach the area of the window where she saw it. Our window was very high off the ground.

There was something that screamed every night in the woods making a sound that would make your blood curdle! One of our neighbors had a pig ripped open with only the liver missing. He found long white hairs on the barbed wire fence. All the old-timers said they had NEVER heard anything like it!

If these creatures are still around that can make themselves invisible it would be very easy to sneak up on a child and grab them. They must be from a different dimension, and taking the children back with them for research, or something, then bringing them back. I know that sounds "out there", but it would be one explanation.

BTW.... I didn't see any link on the first post for the video. Do you have one? I'd really like to see it.
edit on 5/15/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

Also, I wanted to add that I saw a show on "Fact or Faked" where a woman thought she was being abducted by aliens, and brought back. So her husband put up a camera in their bedroom, and you can plainly see where she is lying there one minute, and then the covers just go flat! She disappeared right there in front of the camera!
The t.v. crew did find a way to debunk it, but they said they didn't think this woman was lying because of how distraught she was, and to set up what was needed to do a hoax was pretty elaborate. This could actually be happening!

edit on 5/15/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/15/2012 by sled735 because: Correct spelling

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

The video link is embedded on the source page. Just click on the OP's link and it's there.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hi there! Welcome, and thanks for the interesting share. Wow ! It really sounds way out there BUT I believe your experience. It reminded me of a story I heard last year from a CNA ,or tech, as they now call them. She had a VERY similar story (-) minus the invisibility. Same type description: Tall looking through the window, etc. Gals' husband shot at the creature assuming it was wounded because of the blood but it eluded his capture. Tracked to barn, bloody hair caught on barbed-wire, etc! The tall creature was described as thin, hairy, same height with an added " weird colored glowing eyes"( was seen at night). (She said an odd color I remember , but wasn't red... I think, either blue and green? glowing but I can't remember. Husband was a bounty hunter and wanted this thing badly. It was also witnessed by neighbors, etc. The last time I saw her, she had moved because of their home burning down... no further events..

This creature was seen in near area behind a truck stop in Monteagle, TN. . So heads-up everyone, if you visit .Anyway, she seemed scared/concerned about this and I totally believed her .... AND to also say, that I entrusted her with my mother's care - she was a fantastic caring assistant. She confided in me as soon as she saw she had the open door of opportunity .... *had been on internet showing Betty Hill vid to mom* .. She was like , ''what's that? And told her about Betty Hill. So she felt comfortable with telling me or us about it.

Anyway ... Wild theory you have there. Reminds me somewhat of the movie "Predator" I'd definitely be freaked too if it had been me seeing this... Have seen some weird things though.....lol no doubt.
Not really into the bigfoot ... but NOW am beginning to wonder and learn a few things /see a few connections. As a matter of fact, I recently learned , if true, that two Russian truck drivers saw a landed craft. I lol'd at the part about bigfoot... but then again ...I go hmmm?
www.abovetopsecret.com... Not really discussed in thread but there is definitely mention of bigfoot relation.

Yeah, I saw that F or Faked episode ! Eerie huh? I honestly do not know what to think about it ... like you , she seemed convincing enough.. Sometimes I do have to leave things hanging in limbo lol.. But yeah that was weird. I do not know but maybe the '' Beam me up Scotty" technology IS after all.."? Hmmm..? Wild thought but then again I'm sure people thought the idea of electricity /& now cloaking was ridiculous...... Nothing surprises me these days!

Glad you are safe!!! Yeah, if these creatures are capable of ''cloaking' like you think--now that's a pretty scary thought. I'd love to hear more from you: Thanks for coming to share.

Honestly, I don't think it's all about bigfoot..maybe that's just a tip of the iceburg...because there is so much other weirdness going on as well. A lot of speculation is going on about it ....but I do hope you and others stay on your toes - and keep safe!
edit on 16-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
reply to post by sled735

Hi there! Welcome, and thanks for the interesting share.

Not really into the bigfoot ... but NOW am beginning to wonder and learn a few things /see a few connections. As a matter of fact, I recently learned , if true, that two Russian truck drivers saw a landed craft. I lol'd at the part about bigfoot... but then again ...I go hmmm?
www.abovetopsecret.com... Not really discussed in thread but there is definitely mention of bigfoot relation.

Thanks, SeekerLou.
Yes, I have heard theories that Big Foot comes from UFOs. Hadn't really thought about it until I joined ATS...

But after reading all the stories, and thinking back to when I had my "experience", I remember there was a lot of UFO activity in the skies at the same time. This would have been in 1967 and later. Actually, lots of UFOs until 1977. Things that make you go "hummmmmmmmm?"

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
John Keel, who wrote the Mothman Prophecies (an interesting read if you get the chance), stated unequivocally that UFO sightings and Bigfoot sightings often go hand in hand...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Sled and Smylee
You've got me off on another road now lol. I'd never really looked into bigfoot that much - just no interest until now . I see there are many books out there. The UFOlogists don't like to connect and the Bigfoot hunters don't like the sound of UFOs... but ..Hmmm..Maybe a connection afterall.

From what I've read...it does seem these creatures could be or are protecting (some of) these abducted kids afterall. The kids have claims of being cuddled by something!!... Some have claimed to visit with bf and say they mean no harm?? But that's just hearsay.... so I do not really know.

I do have to give the guy Paulides credit though. He wouldn't be wasting his time -hrs upon hrs of research -without a good reason to do so. Some of these cases are just too baffling/out of the norm and defy logic!
Scooby Doo where are you? lol

edit on 17-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
In case you guys missed the ATS live radio program interview with Paulides.

ATS Live: 110: David Paulides Interview, 9/11 Big mouth, Drones, Earth Woes, ET Politics, Turbo's..,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have been here for a couple of years now but I have to admit that this was my first time listening ! Now am learning about the radio archives . Boy, have I missed out on a lot of gr8 shows ,as I'm sure they are all just as interesting as this one...... I definitely plan to catch up on the listening .

I have to say, the ATS guys do make it interesting and seem to have such a wonderful sense of humor (which I appreciate)... I was laughing the first 5 min and then it got on with the show.....Very interesting and great job , guys!

The ATS Live: 110: ....is in the archive. I tried to directly link but I do not think it works unless it's me... but you will find it easily within the archive. Again great show... One must make the time for listening though...3 hrs worth ! Hope you guys enjoy... I sure did. You don't want to miss what Paulides had to say. He does mention a few other things that are not discussed here...He can explain it a whole lot better than I ... So be sure to listen.
www.illustrial.net...

edit on 20-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Apollo7

Apparently there are "hot spots" all around the U.S.

This is from the video:

I'm surprised that Big Bend in west Texas is not marked.
If I were going to abduct someone, that park would be my first choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join