It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds (UK) published on youtube on 5/13/2012

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I posted this link to another member ,the relevance of this article is that the scientific community has recognised that their are unexplainable sounds in the sky all over the world however these sounds are being explained as natural radio emissions , that's bull, the interesting thing about this is that Nasa has finally made a statement about this phenomenon ,so one thing for sure is its not a synthesizer or wind in power lines .

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
reply to post by cavalryscout

Interesting but these videos are so easy to fake its hard to seperate the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

Notice the video is nicely edited. If he can do that then he can fake it. Also if he was that freaked out why spend time and edit? Why not just put it up raw with a description? That's what I'd do?

It's not really edited at all. All he did was write his thoughts before and after the video.

He said it sounded like it was above him. I'm sticking with the ET theory til further notice.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by QUEEQUEG

Well, it looks like I have to eat everything I said. Sorry, everyone. I was wrong. I just hope we can get through 2012 without the world ending.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by QUEEQUEG

At least for the moment, what about the vid posted in the OP? Does it not sound exactly like this one that might be the one that started it all?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious
This crap's been debunked a billion times already.

Why people keep on about this infantile crap is beyond the pale of human intelligence...

No, it has not been debunked. And for those of us who have heard the various sounds, we KNOW it's real.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I am Russian, so I will provide you all with a complete translation of the video as soon as I finish transcribing it.

Edit: In the meantime, let me just tell you that the video definitely seems authentic because the girl is asking her mom about the noise coming from the sky.
edit on 5/13/2012 by Asheliate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Listened to this a pair of headphones designed with professional use in mind.

- 0.36 seconds, there is a dull "click" sound made up of two transients (in fact, it sounds almost exactly like what my laptop's microphone pics up if I recorded myself pressing the space bar, as it depresses (1st transient) and pops back up again (second transient). If you have a a program named "Audacity", try it yourself)

- 1.01 mins, another identical click sound

It's a looped audio file; so not an actual field recording and in all likelihood, the noise/sound was originally sourced from..... *drum roll*... a piece of audio playing on a computer.

Anyone with experience in sound design/electronic music can probably see exactly what I mean, so feel free to offer your opinion because (and I mean this with no disrespect) it's kind of a moot point when people who have no experience with this kind of thing offer up wild theories to something that is pretty easy to debunk

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Yes,

It is.

Exactly.

Which sucks because I believe something is up.

But this is not it. You won't often find me so direct, but this is a hoax, and the audio is taken straight from Kiev as was that other Bad one from Canada early on in this hoaxing game. I seriously don't appreciate this ass going out of his way to make this video.

Here is the hoax from Canada, remember?

X.

P.S. Just to be clear: there you have Kiev, which came first, Alberta, which is the same audio taken from Kiev thus a hoax, and the video in the OP. All you have to do is listen. The crux of the matter is not what was used to make the sound, but that the same sound from Kiev has been used over and over. It was also obvious in the Texas D.J./radio station hoax, I will post it if I can find it.

Is there something to the strange noises? I think so. But we should not tolerate the obvious hoaxes, which is not to say the OP is wrong for bringing it here. It should be brought here to die a proper death.

P.S.S. Oh Whoops! I found it.

edit on 13-5-2012 by Xoanon because: .

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

It might sound like a far fetched theory, but I wonder if government shills are responsible for the hoaxes on YouTube. Maybe trying to discredit the real sounds so people will just dismiss ALL of them as hoaxes? It's probably a stupid theory, but something to think about anyways.

Also, your username looks so similar to mine that when I first saw it I thought to myself "I didn't post that!" lol

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Which sucks because I believe something is up.

That is one reason I believe it's important to debunk everything that can be debunked. I don't see the value in believing something that isn't true. It distracts from putting effort towards real problems.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

That makes us "Dos Equis"

It might sound like a far fetched theory, but I wonder if government shills are responsible for the hoaxes on YouTube. Maybe trying to discredit the real sounds so people will just dismiss ALL of them as hoaxes? It's probably a stupid theory, but something to think about anyways.

Bet on it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
it kind if looks like a circular shape in the clouds at the 1:00 - 1:01 mark, there are dark clouds and at the right side of the screen the clouds look lighter and the light part appears to be circular and a smaller dark cloud inside the lighter one. Could be nothing but just thought i would put it out there....oh and after watching and pausing many times its more noticeable watching then pausing..let me know what yall think

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Ok here goes,..
FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE, is what I think all these videos are (were).
However, I live in Dorset and heard the sound last week. It only lasted about 15 seconds mind you, but it made my heart sink for a second and I had to quickly mute the tv just to check my ears weren't playing tricks on me.

No I didn't record it, nor bother posting or telling anyone about it as I thought I'll just be called a fake.

Well I DID hear it! It was very weird, and a little bit disturbing at the same time (hence the butterflies in my stomach)

So there you have it, I'm not lying OR exaggerating. I'm 37 years old and have never heard anything like it in my entire life! I know what I heard, and I'm telling the truth!

edit on 13-5-2012 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I heard a noise like this a few weeks ago, but unfortunately it was after 3 days of no sleep and a heroic substance-abuse binge and so I can't say for sure that I wasn't just hallucinating or hearing a street cleaner in the distance. But it was loud enough and I was paranoid enough about it to not leave the imagined safety of my room and venture outside into the freezing dead of night to record the very unsettling peculiar sound. I hope I hear it again when I'm in a more stable frame of mind because I'd like to know for sure that this phenomenon exists before I begin to worry about it. I've got enough sh*t to worry about as it is without the sounds of some technology or monster I can only pretend to comprehend.

I believe that some of the recordings are probably real, but you can't trust anyone in this age of youtube-obsessed popularity and "trolling". Some of these idiots will sink to almost any level just so they can get 3 minutes of make-believe "fame" (their words, not mine. I'd personally call that approach to "view-farming" some form of kindergarten-level attention-seeking from kids with deep underlying mummy/daddy issues, not fame as such).

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asheliate

I am Russian, so I will provide you all with a complete translation of the video as soon as I finish transcribing it.

Edit: In the meantime, let me just tell you that the video definitely seems authentic because the girl is asking her mom about the noise coming from the sky.
edit on 5/13/2012 by Asheliate because: (no reason given)

I call hoax on that video. Compare it to this:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
That is one reason I believe it's important to debunk everything that can be debunked. I don't see the value in believing something that isn't true. It distracts from putting effort towards real problems.

That's what made me think that government shills might be creating the hoaxes, to distract people from the legitimate sounds, which in turn would make people dismiss even the legitimate sounds as hoaxes.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

It doesnt really sound that stupid when you consider the fact that I have heard these noises while with someone I would trust, as have many others.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
From 36 to 40 seconds into the video you will see the most likely source of the sound. It's the microwave or cellphone tower in the distance. When I heard the sound I went looking for it. There it was. When the wind is of the right speed and from the right direction these towers sing. They resonate at an audio frequency, the power fed by the wind. They can be VERY LOUD and sound just like this video. There is one in the city park where I take my dogs that does exactly this. It's annoying, and until you figure out what it is, it's disconcerting. But it's nothing supernatural. Just wind going through a resonant structure.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I have transcribed the video from Russian into English. I'm not sure if the Mom has one daughter or two considering the amount of playful mumbling that takes place towards the end of the video.

(3:59) Daughter: Mom?
(4:05) Mom: What, [name of daughter incoherent]?
(4:06) Daughter: Mom, those sounds… they're [incoherent] from the sky… they're scaring us.
(4:12) Mom: Scaring you? So what do you think those sounds are?
(4:16) Daughter: I know! They're [incoherent] on the sky. They're far away. They're scary.
(4:28) Daughter: I want to see them under a microscope.
(4:32) Mom: Sounds under a microscope you cannot see.
(4:35) Daughter: What about microbials? Are there microbials?

(5:40) Mom: [name of daughter incoherent], come away from there… come away from there, move.
(5:52) Daughter: [incoherent]… sounds… [mumbling]
(6:17) Daughter: [mumbling]
(6:42) Daughter: [mumbling]
(7:06) Mom: [incoherent]

(10:39) Daughter: [incoherent]
(11:00) Daughter: [mumbling]
(11:13) Daughter: Mom, [incoherent]
(11:16) Mom: Congratulations [incoherent].
(11:17) Daughter: [mumbling]
edit on 5/13/2012 by Asheliate because: typo

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Detergent

They can be VERY LOUD and sound just like this video. There is one in the city park where I take my dogs that does exactly this. It's annoying, and until you figure out what it is, it's disconcerting. But it's nothing supernatural. Just wind going through a resonant structure.

Step 1) Record

Step 2) Post

I want to believe you. Help me do that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join