It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds (UK) published on youtube on 5/13/2012

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bcccl

THOSE are some cool sounds from power lines!

I've heard something similar -- especially the "pew, pew" sound near the beginning from Bleachers. Long aluminum benches that fold out create these really strange sounds if you can tap on them provided nobody is standing on them.

You have to find bleachers that don't have stone or wood supports -- has to be aluminum. Then a little tap travels down the relatively narrow seat.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
no hoax.
no powerlines.
its happening all over the world.
its getting analyzed by professionals.

and this is the explanation..

"We have analyzed records of these sounds and found that most of their spectrum lies within the infrasound range, i.e. is not audible to humans. What people hear is only a small fraction of the actual power of these sounds. They are low-frequency acoustic emissions in the range between 20 and 100 Hz modulated by ultra-low infrasonic waves from 0.1 to 15 Hz. In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular. There can be quite a lot of causes why those waves are generated: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, storms, tsunamis, etc. However, the scale of the observed humming sound in terms of both the area covered and its power far exceeds those that can be generated by the above-mentioned phenomena."
edit on 14-5-2012 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I've been around power lines before.

In fact I think almost everyone has and yet, they never seem to mention they heard that sound.

And come to think of it, no one EVER mentioned anything at all like weird sounds coming from the sky until a couple years ago. SO it might be something new, or maybe it is something that rarely happens, like the end of the world.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by anti72
no hoax.
no powerlines.
its happening all over the world.
its getting analyzed by professionals.

and this is the explanation..

"We have analyzed records of these sounds and found that most of their spectrum lies within the infrasound range, i.e. is not audible to humans. What people hear is only a small fraction of the actual power of these sounds. They are low-frequency acoustic emissions in the range between 20 and 100 Hz modulated by ultra-low infrasonic waves from 0.1 to 15 Hz. In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular. There can be quite a lot of causes why those waves are generated: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, storms, tsunamis, etc. However, the scale of the observed humming sound in terms of both the area covered and its power far exceeds those that can be generated by the above-mentioned phenomena."
edit on 14-5-2012 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

Again, this is where a little understanding of audio technology comes into play; if you look at these recordings, on a frequency analyser, the results are going to be so unclear as to be virtually unscientific. (the recordings are full of hiss and wind/ambiance)
We're talking about sounds recorded using poor quality microphones in cameras - It's the same as using a cell phone to take a photo of something. Any data taken just isn't reliable and it could be said there's more of a conspiracy surrounding the quote.

No self respecting "professional" would analyse audio from YouTube in the hope of finding something reliable from it.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Funnily enough, I recently heard "sky sounds" for myself. I realise that most, if not all, of these youtube vids are hoaxed, many from the same sound track. However, the sounds I heard were real.

They were intriguing for about a minute until I realised that they were actually caused by the wind on the roof of the building I was in.

I was quite excited for that one minute, as I realised that something on ATS in all the years I've been reading it, just might, possibly, have some basis in reality. When I comprehended the mundane nature of what I was observing, I was suitably disappointed.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by anti72

The sound heard in the OP video is not infrasound. Infrasound is at the extreme lower frequencies, used wrongly in amplification is dangerous, akin to a blast wave. There are harmonics in the OP video, not particularly pleasant, but then some harmonics are not, kind of cats chorus. You could associate it with the HT wires AND the pylons, although it doesn't seem all that windy, but if it was windy would be an ideal explanation, and the video degraded soundwise or not would capture it well enough to know that this is not infrasound.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7
I've been around power lines before.

In fact I think almost everyone has and yet, they never seem to mention they heard that sound

I did a few pages back, and posted a youtube link to the sounds the power lines make...very similar to other sounds posted in other mysterious vids. Not saying this is what is going in in OP's post, but I have experienced this power line sound first-hand.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

You could be right.

But the dog is adorable and we all needed something cute to lighten up.

Hate hoaxers, they discredit and harm more then help.

I'm not a sound expert so I wouldn't know.

Good observation.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Asheliate

You are not wrong about anything yet, and you do not have to eat any words ,my opinion is that there is a fluctuation that is occurring that has to do with the earths poles it is not a end of the world conspiracy because the model for this scenario has not been proven scientifically.

Therefore there is little or no data to derive from however based on "what is happening"there can be no doubt from any lifeform with a sparkle of intellect that we are in unknown waters.What is the first thing people do when they get scared they lash out,"its a water piano"its a synthesizer"its dubbed audio tape from war of the worlds ",fear drives our species to come up with an explanation that is "user friendly"I get that, but this disturbance is not that.

But most of all people have to realise that there are other anomalies going on, that are starting to get the attention of the scientific community THAT there in lies the problem,this is a credible disturbance that cannot be identified understand the difference between a hypothesis and a illusion.This is not a illusion of conjecture, along with other strange phenomenon this MAY become a credible threat.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

1) A result of Fracking. This is relatively new. It's all over the planet. And it creates high pressure zones under the ground and plenty of empty chambers that might resonate -- ideal situations for SOME kind of sound to be created. Companies don't own up to it because; A) They aren't looking for things that they did wrong and B) they don't want the liability. Much better to act ignorant and cash the checks.

fracking has been linked to earthquakes officially in two recent reports, so this is as good a guess as any. that's the thing with this stuff, it's good to keep an open mind and take into account that we will only know the true reason if national security, politics and financial interests are not compromised.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AttackShips

No self respecting "professional" would analyse audio from YouTube in the hope of finding something reliable from it.

to be fair it's not clear what the source is, just that 'we have analysed records of these sounds' etc.
edit on 14-5-2012 by bcccl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
You know I didn't believe these strange sounds until talking with my mother over the weekend. She was saying that while doing yard work a couple weeks ago, that there was a loud noise in the sky. It had sounded like a huge rusty metal door shutting slowly and is something she never had herd. After watching a couple of these strange sound video's, I am intrigued as to what could potentially be making those noises. This was in SLC,UT..

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bcccl

Originally posted by AttackShips

to be fair it's not clear what the source is, just that 'we have analysed records of these sounds' etc.
edit on 14-5-2012 by bcccl because: (no reason given)

Oh, of course. The original source of the audio was never given, which immediately leads me to believe me the article it's taken from is questionable.... but to imply the quote was referencing these specific set of "horn"sounds is just going to confuse more people.

- - - - - - - - - -

What there needs to be is a distinction between the ultra-low frequency rumbles, and these "horn" sounds.

The horns? Well, they're fake (and frankly, a little boring, as the explanations people come up with are so outlandish in the face of enough evidence to suggest so - Case in point, each example IS the exact same sound, with no hint of variation)

The ultra-low frequency booms, rumbles, etc... are fascinating and much harder to explain - not least because my wildest guess is large-scale underground tunneling operations. (however, I lean more towards less covert reasons)

edit on 14-5-2012 by AttackShips because: clarification

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I think, most of these noises have really happened, the mainstream media have reported about those phenoma too.

There are more than one possibility to explain, from what they could be originated. The reason seems to be, that there are magnetical forces acting.

- the magnetical poleshift, that seems to have begun
- more and more ash from vulcanic eruptions, that maybe functions like an antenna for the magnetical waves
- the interstellar dust-cloud our solar system is flying through
- the magnetical ribbon that IBEX has discovered
- or perhaps something, we`ve no knowledge about until now or they haven`t told us

I`ve found something which I don`t know, what to think about.
Therefore I would need some astronomical information.
What does that mean, when astronomers write, that an object has stellar aspect?
Perhaps only, that it looks like the background-stars, when one watches it through a telescope? I don`t know.

Here`s the link, where it is written:

remanzacco.blogspot.de...

What do you think about that?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I know i dont believe this is real, i am glad you think quite rationally about this.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by aboriginee

oh i defiantly believe the sounds are real too, the water in the glass was the only way i could describe what i think is happening. like our planet is making the same noise.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Just had a thought, could be a brass/military band or fanfare team warming up or rehearsing outside somewhere nearby.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by loglady

i highly doubt thats what is being heard around the world

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by loglady
Just had a thought, could be a brass/military band or fanfare team warming up or rehearsing outside somewhere nearby.

I doubt that, unless they are a global brass/military band rehearsing, as these sounds are heard worlwide

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by QUEEQUEG
I am going on record to say these sounds are not fake ,they are not water pianos or golden harps or whatever other ridiculous idiotic explanation people say they are .

These sounds are caused by disruptions in the earths magnetic field I have heard them in Toronto, not as pronounced
but they are relevant ,all one has to do is look at all the marine life and birds that are dying to know that we have begun a magnetic field reversal ,these creatures rely on sonar and any shifts in the earths magnetic field would be catastrophic.

The time for calling this a fake has passed ,I truly hope I am wrong I am not a doomsdayer or a religious nut but there is a monumental earth change coming .

Exactly!

Anyone can look back at my post to know this.

I came on ATS March 16th and posted about my experience at 2:30AM March 13th...

A video was posted to youtube March 19th (I think) which I JUST found about a week ago. This Video confirms the exact timing that I heard the sounds was when something very strange happened to the Earth's magnetosphere. The sounds I even imagined to be something like this at the time I heard them.

It's all documented in my post on the internet here, in chronological order, and cannot be faked...

This is Magnetic reversal related...

It sounds almost like dimension shifting sounds. Or like trumpety metallic hollow boat sounds... Or magnetic metal trumpet squeals or something... There is a rumble to it as well.

Feels like BIG CHANGE...

~Dusty

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join