It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds (UK) published on youtube on 5/13/2012

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Same here. TVA's power lines run directly over and along my back pasture's fence line and I have never heard anything even remotely like this. Granted the lines are 120 yards from my back door, but I have checked and repaired these fence lines in all weather conditions, in a wind swept valley, for 20+ years, for what it's worth.

OP, your posted video as well as some others out there, remind me of the sounds made by a woodwinds and brass, band when it's members are warming up. I certainly haven't a clue as to the sound's origin, but kinda like the idea of a cosmic orchestra tuning up for a nice concerto! ~
Regards
edit on 14-5-2012 by RancheroCat because: For clarity.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81

Notice the video is nicely edited. If he can do that then he can fake it. Also if he was that freaked out why spend time and edit? Why not just put it up raw with a description? That's what I'd do?

I agree it's also missing the yellow text, it could have been the intro to starwars!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

These sounds could be highly localised events caused by a combination of geological/ atmospheric factors that we haven't previously been around to witness. Or it could be HAARP, focusing on small regions in a form of testing, explanations for which we can only guess at. Such as psychological warfare. Or giving the conspiracy theorists something to argue about while the other hand rolls out the groundwork for the totalitarian NWO.

To be honest - I don't know. But I don't doubt that at least some of these sound anomalies are entirely real.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
everything everyone posts must just be fake. since this is so easy to fake, and ufo's are so easy to fake, and just about everything is just so easy to fake, why do people even bother posting things. why do people bother coming to this site to read, everything is fake. I get so sick of trolls calling everything fake, or people who are just to skeptical for their own good, and cant bring their minds to that next level

my sister heard this exact same sound here in chile, she did not record it and she has no incentive to fake anything as she has work to do like most of us. the exact same sounds have been heard in russia, in the uk, all over the place, the likelihood of all this being a stunt is low due to the volume and consistency of reports. the people who say it's fake without any convincing argument i'm convinced are paid shills to keep the lid on whatever is happening, they are here to disrupt every thread where people are trying to make sense of things in a rational manner.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i reckon these sounds that people are hearing, if they are genuine, could be the manifestation of an increased torsion in the atmosphere, at a level of pressure we might not currently be able to detect, other than audibly when the torsion exceeds some threshold. i don't believe they are anything to fear.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm sorry to inform you, but this video is fake. The sound track is the same as the original video from Kiev, and it includes the same bird calls and anomalies that have been heard in numerous other hoax videos with that same sound track. I've listened to that original video many times, and its rather easy to recognize. I think if many of you would move past the initial freaking out about sounds in the sky, and take a few minutes to critically analyze and compare each video, you will understand what I am saying. Unfortunately, there are many people who find it humorous (or useful) to hoax such videos, and this string of hoaxes using this specific sound track strikes me as especially obvious and poorly done. I'm surprised so many people fall for it. There are genuine videos with strange sounds coming from the sky, but this is not one of those. Sorry, this belongs in the hoax bin with the others with that same sound track.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment

To be honest - I don't know. But I don't doubt that at least some of these sound anomalies are entirely real.

i think it's fair to say most if not all are real, the question is what they are.

for the sake of example, imagine you are in an uncontacted tribe and you see a plane. then you see another one with your mate, so he knows you both saw the same thing. the more reports there are, the more the evidence is there that these things are real. what you don't know is that these are machines made by people at boeing and airbus in a more advanced culture on the other side of the world.

in other words, these sounds are 100% real, but we don't know what is causing them. not knowing what they are doesn't make them less real.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrchusGhule
Unfortunately, there are many people who find it humorous (or useful) to hoax such videos

i fail to see what is useful or humorous about this, perhaps you can enlighten me.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bcccl

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment

i think it's fair to say most if not all are real, the question is what they are.

for the sake of example, imagine you are in an uncontacted tribe and you see a plane. then you see another one with your mate, so he knows you both saw the same thing. the more reports there are, the more the evidence is there that these things are real. what you don't know is that these are machines made by people at boeing and airbus in a more advanced culture on the other side of the world.

in other words, these sounds are 100% real, but we don't know what is causing them. not knowing what they are doesn't make them less real.

This is just plain silly (non)logic. Many of these videos have been proven beyond any doubt to be fake, with the sound track from the original video, filmed in Kiev, dubbed over them. Some of them are so poorly hoaxed, that you can hear the track being turned on in several of them. This specific video is no different. You mentioned paid shills as well; have you considered that these hoax videos are done by paid shills to deflect attention from the few videos with genuinely strange sound anomalies? Have you considered that those of us who are saying this video and several others are fake because we want to weed out the hoaxes and find the genuine recordings? Think about it.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Didn't England procure one of our "sonic guns" the other day for the olympics. I'm pretty sure that was a post I read here at ATS. Probably testing it to see where they have to aim it etc

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Unfortunately, there are many people who find it humorous (or useful) to hoax such videos

i fail to see what is useful or humorous about this, perhaps you can enlighten me.

It is useful for certain groups to create hoax videos so people will pay attention to those, instead of paying attention to the few, genuine recordings that exist. Its the same as UFO hoaxing. The US government is known to operate a continuous hoax campaign complete with false UFO reports, videos, etc. and they do it for the sole purpose of deflecting public attention away from the few genuine videos and reports that exist. Some people find it humorous to create such hoax material themselves, for whatever reason, but some people seem to enjoy it.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It is useful for certain groups to create hoax videos so people will pay attention to those, instead of paying attention to the few, genuine recordings that exist. Its the same as UFO hoaxing. The US government is known to operate a continuous hoax campaign complete with false UFO reports, videos, etc. and they do it for the sole purpose of deflecting public attention away from the few genuine videos and reports that exist. Some people find it humorous to create such hoax material themselves, for whatever reason, but some people seem to enjoy it.

perhaps. all i can say is that my sister recognised the sound she heard in one of these videos, she has no reason to make this up and it was the exact same sound. leaving aside the hoaxes, this is probably a natural phenomenon, there is a lot we don't know about our planet. the day after the 2010 earthquake here in chile i met a guy on a bus who said he saw colours in the sky along the horizon either before or during the earthquake, i found that interesting and i'm sure it has a rational explanation.
edit on 14-5-2012 by bcccl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Some pylons in Sweden heard whaling and making different sounds. While these are deliberately recorded using devices attached to the pylon it's self, it is entirely possible that the video in the original post used the same method to capture the audio. As others have also mentioned: The wind (and it looks like a windy day on the original video) could also create this type of noise against high tension cables.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miyuki

Some pylons in Sweden heard whaling and making different sounds. While these are deliberately recorded using devices attached to the pylon it's self, it is entirely possible that the video in the original post used the same method to capture the audio. As others have also mentioned: The wind (and it looks like a windy day on the original video) could also create this type of noise against high tension cables.

the are some ace recordings by alan lamb of abandoned telegraph poles in the australian outback using the same technique you described, it's an incredibly powerful sound:

edit on 14-5-2012 by bcccl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Obviously one of those threads where the OP starts a thread then disappears...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

Maybe he is living his life, but alas, is it the pylons that are making these sounds? Iv seen some videos where there are no power lines around and you can steal hear the sounds.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

Were you talking about me?

I've been around and read a lot of the responses.

Did you have a question or something?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bbearface

When I awoke the next day I thought about it properly and it was the archetypal 'ufo' sound you hear in alien doomsday films - not that I am saying that was the origin of the sound.

B.

It's funny that you should mention that. Honestly, when I hear the noise, it sounds like the Reapers from the video game Mass Effect. I find it rather odd, really.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
My Guesses for what causes these noises are based on 3 things;

1) Usually over a large area of many miles.
2) Doesn't usually correspond to tectonic events.
3) Is a relatively new phenomenon.

Now I'm sure that a lot of people have "faked it" as it is a new internet meme - -but I don't think this is like all the people who made Crop Circles a hobby -- and I think ALL CROP CIRCLES are bogus -- why in heck would an advanced civilization do something that cryptic in the first place?

But there are enough legitimate responses and solicitations of government agencies to make me think enough of them are legit.

What they likely are NOT;

NOT an Alien message.
WHY? Same reason Crop Circles are bogus; why bother "messaging people" in such a way that nobody is going to understand it, and it's easy for youthful primitive humans to fake? Either you project a huge 3D hologram and resonate a building to get out your message -- our you don't bother.

NOT something natural.
WHY? We would have heard instances of this before. Nothing happening today as far as the planet (except some pervasive drilling) is new.

NOT a new air craft.
WHY? The length of time it is heard and the area it is heard over. People have heard these things for 20 minutes and longer. If it's a "stealth blimp" -- why would any military want it to make that much noise in the first place?

What could it Be?

1) A result of Fracking. This is relatively new. It's all over the planet. And it creates high pressure zones under the ground and plenty of empty chambers that might resonate -- ideal situations for SOME kind of sound to be created. Companies don't own up to it because; A) They aren't looking for things that they did wrong and B) they don't want the liability. Much better to act ignorant and cash the checks.

2) A test of some advanced sound system. Ultrasonics have been used to "project sounds" to a single person over a long distance -- like a laser beam. The high frequencies themselves aren't heard by humans -- but they CARRY other sounds that are created when the ultrasound resonates the hard bones of the person's skull. Much like a product called a "bone phone." You can even BUY these devices -- so it's not a conspiracy theory. ... Now, for some military Psi-Op, it might be useful to create mass panic in a population with some "voice of god" --- and for that, maybe they need to experiment with some way to move masses of air to create sound -- call this the "dial tone of the VOG."

3) Underground construction / transport. Who knows? Before 9/11, I would have told you; "now way in Hell" could they keep something secret. Now -- I figure unless someone in a nice suit is beating the average American with some factoid over the head with information -- the public is clueless. There are plenty of things that are solid facts -- but the average person treats them as a conspiracy theory because it's not accepted by the status quo.

I know this extended member of our family in construction -- and he told me that in Florida, he built a giant underground building. They told him it was a type of reservoir - but it had no pipes going in or out. Either it's a secret "waste" of government resources -- or it's a structure to do something out of sight.

Kind of like an entire city being built in Arizona with no people -- as if they couldn't have just rented Detroit to do the same thing.

4) Perhaps these sounds occurred in the past but were much more RARE. We've only had a modern society with tape recorders for 100 years or so. There are all sorts of strange claims made 500 or more years ago -- so who knows for sure? What would be different here is "GLOBAL WARMING" -- that's right -- melting glaciers might be reducing downward pressure on tectonic plates -- their might be massive areas of land LIFTING UP - and sucking in air -- which I could imagine might make this "aircraft sound" over many hours. The reports of these sounds in Mexico City have me stumped however -- I'd figure if it's a "tectonic expansion" phenomena, you'd at least be around 500 miles from an area that was losing ice.

>> Anyway, that's my 2 cents. This is a curious thing, and while I eschew MOST conspiracies on this website -- it at least deserves further investigation.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Miyuki

The problem with that is that there have never been reports of such before. I mean, do those cables have some new device attached to them that was installed within the last year and a half or so to cause them to make such a noise? I have never, ever, ever heard power lines make that sort of noise. Never.
edit on 14-5-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join