Media bias on Mitt Romney - test data

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
So, after so much talk, I just wanted to check the facts, and run a simple query on each of the following sites, for "Ron Paul" and then for "Mitt Romney" - and just plain recorded the number of hits those searches received.

This is how it looks:
Media outlet_________period_________RP hits___MR hits_____ __Favor for MR___
The Washington Post past 7 days RP 54 MR 391 724 %
The New York times past 7 days RP 46,000 MR 85,900 187 %
LA Times past 7 days RP 26 MR 97 373 %
CNBC past 7 days RP 9 MR 132 1467 %
CNN all in all RP 2,881 MR 7,111 247 %
WallStreet Journal all in all RP 321 MR 1,429 445 %
The Miami Herald all in all RP 214 MR 968 452 %


My personal view was that MSM was in favor for Mitt Romney, but seeing the actual numbers - looks way worse than I could expect... Considering these are very crude searches, the actual political content might look far worse than this.

Liberty, freedom, democracy?




posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This actually proves that Ron Paul is overreported on compared to the amount of votes he gets in comparison to Romney.

Would you kindly run the same query on Obama vs. Romney? That would be interesting as well.



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
You thought the media would be in favor of Romney? REALLY? The media is going to be out to destroy Romney and defend Obama. Show me a single hit piece on Obama from the MSM (minus Fox). Show me where the media is attacking Obama over things that allegedly happened when he was a kid. You won;t be able to. The MSM is an extension of the Obama white house and the Democrat party.



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
You thought the media would be in favor of Romney? REALLY? The media is going to be out to destroy Romney and defend Obama. Show me a single hit piece on Obama from the MSM (minus Fox). Show me where the media is attacking Obama over things that allegedly happened when he was a kid. You won;t be able to. The MSM is an extension of the Obama white house and the Democrat party.


And during W's terms? Was the MSM an extension of the Republican Party?

PROTIP: If you want to be taken seriously, never ever use the acronyms MSM, TPTB, or the word Illuminati.



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
And during W's terms? Was the MSM an extension of the Republican Party?


No, the media was pretty obviously out to destroy W. Whatever happened to all that media outrage over gitmo? How about wiretaps and high gas prices?







PROTIP: If you want to be taken seriously, never ever use the acronyms MSM, TPTB, or the word Illuminati.


It stands for main stream media. Are you denying there is a main stream media?



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof
 


If candidates do not stand even - before votes are counted - then naturally this is a bias based on political favorism - and thus - undemocratic. Point end. Simple as that.

When the numbers fling for past 7 days so much for Romney, despite Paul taking home large chunks from votes past counted in favor of Romney - then it is sheer travesty what the media is showing here. They are playing style which best was fit for Soviets and Commies - and perhaps this is also their political base.

What comes to Romney vs Obama - the choice is really difficult. To me, they are just a black or white face of the same ideology. There are no differences between the two.

The real difference is Ron Paul.



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by deckdel
reply to post by DaTroof
 


If candidates do not stand even - before votes are counted - then naturally this is a bias based on political favorism - and thus - undemocratic. Point end. Simple as that.

When the numbers fling for past 7 days so much for Romney, despite Paul taking home large chunks from votes past counted in favor of Romney - then it is sheer travesty what the media is showing here. They are playing style which best was fit for Soviets and Commies - and perhaps this is also their political base.

What comes to Romney vs Obama - the choice is really difficult. To me, they are just a black or white face of the same ideology. There are no differences between the two.

The real difference is Ron Paul.


Says who? Are you trying to talk about the Equal Time rule? That only applies to candidates nominated for election, not every person who declares a campaign for President.


EDIT: If you think Obama and Romney are the same,then you're more ill-informed than you may care to admit.
edit on 13-5-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
what do you expect when you create a thread like this... your gonna get nothin but trolls and shills.... All RP fans know that he doesn't get MSM coverage.



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
This actually proves that Ron Paul is overreported on compared to the amount of votes he gets in comparison to Romney.


Compare the attention Santorum, Bachmann, Cain,Perry and Gingrich got for basicaly the same amount of delegates that paul actually has. That's a more fair and enlightening perspective.





new topics
top topics
 
0

log in

join