It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My wife has dark blue hands . I need advice.....Please.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
First of all , MOD'S if this is in the wrong forum , will you please leave it here for a while because I need the best exposure possible . Thank you .

Three days ago my wife and I took the kids along to an amusement park here in the UK .
After enjoying the first couple of rides I noticed my wife's hands had turned so dark blue , they were almost black . At first I thought it could be circulatory related , but I checked her capillary refill by pinching the ends of her fingers . and blood flow seemed fine . She didn't display any other circulatory problems , her lips were their natural colour , she didn't complain of any tingling or discomfort in hands or fingers and she has no prior history of this happening before.
Her symptoms are not those associated with Reynauds Disease and I can find no other explanation for what occured.

Over the last couple of days my wife says she " doesn't feel right " . She is very tired and the day after the amusement park incident , she got breathless while walking to work . She walks to work every day and has never experienced any difficulties before . She is sleeping a hell of a lot too .

When I told her of my concerns and that I thought she should visit a doctor to get checked out , she replied that she was ok and that I am worrying unnecessarily .
I have a feeling that something is wrong .

Does anybody have any ideas what could be wrong or what I can do ?

I am indeed very worried and any advice will be greatly appreciated .

Thank you in advance.

DP
edit on 13-5-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

Can you provide pictures by any chance?

link   
Go to the doctor .. an emergency care unit is open 24 hours a day.
Could be anything from a heart issue to a food allergy.
(my neighbors hands turn blue anytime she eats chocolate).

Dont' get medical advice here ... take her to the ER or an emergency medical unit.

link   

WHat you're describing is no game. People have died from medical conditions triggered secondarily by the physical stresses of amusement park rides. It's rare, but it happens. Beyond that....I am no medic. Contact a doctor and get a professional opinion. At least a phone opinion. Something....but get that checked. A pinch test, as you describe, certainly wouldn't have ruled anything out when the hands are blue/black? Yikes.... don't wait is my advice.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Amusement Park = dark blue silt from paint that will eventually disappear after afew days or a week. The paint may have been lead content.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I wonder what's wrong with the people today.
Instead of going to a doctor or ER, they log onto the Internet, write a long text about the problem and ask for advice in a Message Board.
When did people become so goddman stupid?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I need to add that the symptons disappeared a couple of hours after we got home from the amusement park and have not returned apart from her being so tired .

Thanks to all for your replies.

Maybe I can call the NHS helpline ?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
Instead of going to a doctor or ER, they log onto the Internet, write a long text about the problem and ask for advice in a Message Board.

Sometimes it's just that they think other posters are stupid
But even if true the wife is (presumably) an adult and responsible for her own health. And agreed, it's pretty moronic to ask for medical advice on a general internet forum.
Oh this is interesting - it now seems the hands were only blue for a couple of hours. As NOT indicated by the title.
edit on 13-5-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Hey buddy , I am far from stupid . My wife begged me not to take her to the hospital . You know nothing of my situation , so keep the insults for your mother.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I would strongly suggest that you call NHS direct as a matter of urgency on 0845 4647.

That way you will get accurate professional advice on this condition. It would be better to go straight to A&E but if she doesn't want to then one phone call would be the best choice as this could have the potential to be a life threatening condition.

I won't go into all the details of what this could be as I'm not qualified and an internet diagnosis is not the best course of action for her.

Ring up now! They will go through a symptom checker with you and advise you on the appropriate steps to take.

Good luck to you both.
edit on 13-5-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Take her to a doctor immediately. She is probably worried herself but wants to put on the act that she isn't concerned.

Good luck with everything and hope everything is ok with your wife.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by studio500

Thank you for your advice and understanding . I will do that right now .

DP

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The post (today) heading was 'My wife has dark blue hands'
Note the present tense peeps.

The original post said this resulted from a visit to an amusement park 3 days ago.
A subsequent post said the blue disappeared after 2 hours.
WTF...

edit on 13-5-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince
reply to post by studio500

Thank you for your advice and understanding . I will do that right now .

DP

You're more than welcome
If she is anything like my wife, she doesn't want to make a fuss about anything but if it was the other way round, she would have me in A&E like a shot.
I really do hope it all works out well and this could well be a symptom of an underlying condition.
It is far far better to err on the side of caution.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Roller Coaster Rot. Pretty common. Her hands will fall off and grow back soon.

[don't ask medical advice on ATS--this is what you get]

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Well, potentially life threatening situation aside,

not only do you not go to a doctor, and not only do you instead go onto the internet,

but you come to a CONSPIRACY website.?????

if you really wanted advice, I would have thought a medical website would have been better, not somewhere you're like to get something like chemtrail dust, secret project blue-mitts, hybrid purple alien/human awakening after the ride stimulated her kundalini etc etc.

Not sure what you expected to get here...

Go to a doctor? maybe?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

exactly my sentiments as posted

crazyness I say!!!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I'd start by going to the emergency room. Sounds like her heart is going bad in an awful way and feeling nauseated is one of those symptoms along with having bluish/black pigmentation.. She may have some form of heartfailure, my wife is a nurse but she's not hear at the moment so i'm winging it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Wow, I know you don't want to go to a doctor, but I would take her right away.
As far as I know, hands turn blue from lack of blood/circulatory problems. To me that would suggest a possible heart problem,maybe a valve or smaller artery , and that's nothing to screw with.
If she doesn't feel right, (that is very important, more so than just the hands turning blue)
get to a doctor.
IMO

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join