Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

943 Yard Mountain Goat shot!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I hope that goat didn't belong to an Afghan herder. Otherwise they just gave them another reason to hate us. If it was for sure a wild goat and as long as they trekked over there and brought it back to share with their mates (depending on the area of Afghanistan this is somewhere between unlikely and impossible due to hostile presence) then I am fine with this. It was certainly a display of skill hitting such a small target at 943 yards though.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You say there is no reason to hunt. How bout all those corn on the cob u love so much. Tomatos, blueberries carrots potatoes. If it was not for people killing and hunting deer, squirrel, any type of game, the dent wildlife puts in devastation of crops now, would be outrageous. So at least I do it to eat the deer that I kill. If I did not kill animals for food their population would be astronomical. The devastation upon crops would be horrendous and non profitable.

Over population like that goat heard play havic on the places they inhabit. They contaminate water supplies, spread disease, they devastate once abundant food supplies critical for the survival of these hypothetical cultures.

So I say grab you .243 and dwindle the herd of goats just for fun. There is always going to be controversy no matter how we do things. So before you put your two cents in I suggest you look at the big picture before you open your bigger mouth. We got over populated with deer here recently that they were doing just what I depicted that the wild pres society suggested that they suggested the amount of deer you could tag was 17 instead of the usual 3-5. Why. WPS SAID THE DEER WERE CONTAMINATING THE WATER SUPPLY AND DEVASTATING THE CROPS TO THE POINT FARMERS WERE LOSING MONEY. And if people we not out there killing like they do you would not have had as much lettuce in your salad or it would have been twice as expensive to have your vegetarian salad.

You live your way, let us live ours. Drop the controversy and work on yourself not others.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ringlejames
reply to post by jiggerj

All I know is I am a whole hell of a lot healthier than you I dare say. And my dna and medical records prove it. You gonna die at 50 maybe 60, and if you are really lucky you might get dementia and old timers disease inside a very roomy old folks home. \

While I live to the ripe old age of 90 or 100 all while eating my imported plums that are probably going to be illegal while I sip on my homemade green apple hooch to keep my system clean.

Do you NOT know that the average adult life expectancy (while eating natural foods) in the 1850's was 30?

And that without the field of medicine a whopping 48% died at the age of TEN!

Women were so healthy from those good eats that 38.3 percent of babies died at birth.

So, if you live long enough it will only be due to your metabolism and dumb luck, with emphasis on dumb.

www.infoplease.com...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Where i live GOAT OVERPOPULATION is such a problem that the military/state uses helicopters to go kill them by the thousands.
Where i live HOGS are killed by state paid hunters too!!

You've obviously never farmed if you think its a problem to kill these kinds of animals to protect your crops.. not saying that for sure this is what happened but you never know.

It's cheaper to do it yourself than to pay the state to do it that's for sure

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephlim
Where i live GOAT OVERPOPULATION is such a problem that the military/state uses helicopters to go kill them by the thousands.

You've obviously never farmed if you think its a problem to kill these kinds of animals to protect your crops.. not saying that for sure this is what happened but you never know.

I just find it terribly ironic that because of human overpopulation we always justify making adjustments elsewhere. Okay to kill animals because there's not enough space, so they overpopulate their area, an area that WOULDN'T be overpopulated if man wasn't hogging most of it. Okay to dig up forests and fossil fuels to cope with 7 billion humans. Okay to create radioactive waste to provide energy for 7 billion people.

THE PROBLEM IS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooner or later we are going to have to face it and deal with it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Do you NOT know that cancer has taken that life expectancy down 15 years over the past decade.

Why do people still not believe that depopulation is real. The chance of getting cancer has jumped up 49% here recently. We are over populated by 5 billion people and that number grows every day. Do you think people who have the worlds interest as a whole are just going to sit there and watch our natural resources get depleted bfore they can replinish themselves. And I am the deluded one when I see all my friends getting cancer and this and that when I hardly ever heard of anyone dying growing up. Even up till ten years ago. Now when one dies of cancer half your graduating class dies of cancer. And those cows and fish and your lettuce and mators with there gmo grown dna are all helping you die and you dont even know it. The only thing I by at the store is soda because it is just so damned good. Me I am a puzzle solver and you are one of the sheep in the puzzle. You will never see the big picture.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
edit on 13-5-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Do you NOT know that cancer has taken that life expectancy down 15 years over the past decade.
We are over populated by 5 billion people and that number grows every day.

How do you reconcile your two statements? The population is still growing. Even though every one of my 9 uncles and brother died of cancer. Even though my sister died two years after being diagnosed with breast cancer. Still 7 billion and still growing.

Even up till ten years ago. Now when one dies of cancer half your graduating class dies of cancer. And those cows and fish and your lettuce and mators with there gmo grown dna are all helping you die and you dont even know it. The only thing I by at the store is soda because it is just so damned good. Me I am a puzzle solver and you are one of the sheep in the puzzle. You will never see the big picture.

And the answer to your puzzle is for everyone to go back to when the life expectancy was 30 years by eating natural foods? Well, actually, that would solve the population problem.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

You say there is no reason to hunt. How bout all those corn on the cob u love so much. Tomatos, blueberries carrots potatoes. If it was not for people killing and hunting deer, squirrel, any type of game, the dent wildlife puts in devastation of crops now, would be outrageous. So at least I do it to eat the deer that I kill. If I did not kill animals for food their population would be astronomical. The devastation upon crops would be horrendous and non profitable.

Over population like that goat heard play havic on the places they inhabit. They contaminate water supplies, spread disease, they devastate once abundant food supplies critical for the survival of these hypothetical cultures.

So I say grab you .243 and dwindle the herd of goats just for fun. There is always going to be controversy no matter how we do things. So before you put your two cents in I suggest you look at the big picture before you open your bigger mouth. We got over populated with deer here recently that they were doing just what I depicted that the wild pres society suggested that they suggested the amount of deer you could tag was 17 instead of the usual 3-5. Why. WPS SAID THE DEER WERE CONTAMINATING THE WATER SUPPLY AND DEVASTATING THE CROPS TO THE POINT FARMERS WERE LOSING MONEY. And if people we not out there killing like they do you would not have had as much lettuce in your salad or it would have been twice as expensive to have your vegetarian salad.

You live your way, let us live ours. Drop the controversy and work on yourself not others.

You ARE the controvercy. You ARE the threat. You say for me to grab a .243 and start shootin' n' killin'. Hey, let's ALL do it! What would happen? Serioulsy, what would happen????

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

There's no such thing as goat or hog overpopulation, or deer, or bear, or moose... It's human overpopulation taking up too much land. During the time of the great herds of buffalo there was no problem. And before man came along nature seemed to work things out quite efficiently. The mere fact that we have to cull the herds should be a big warning sign that WE are doing something very wrong.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

We should start by executing all felines. They kill for sport and the domesticated varieties show pride in their kills(according to cat owners) by putting their kills where their owners can find them.

That is not showing pride in their kills, and any cat owner who has said that has no real knowledge of cats. When cats kill they bring it their owners so that they can have their share first, just like female lions will bring down prey then let the male lion eat first. It is not an act of pride it is an act of taking care of their owner.

Granted most owners are not gonna grab that bird or mouse and take a bite out of it, but once the owner acknowledges the gift and that they are not hungry for it right now the cat will then fell comfortable eating it themselves.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
The way they bragged about taking another life is enough for me.

Were these guys starving or something? I have no respect for people that kill for sport

People who hunt either are very unconscious, psychopaths, or just act on basic childhood patterns and never thought enough about what they are doing to change, imnho. To put a piece of metal into or shoot an arrow at another being, just to see it die, has a tinge of mental illness about it.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
You are quite welcome to come here and shoot every last Feral goat, horse, pig, camel and cat there is.
These animals destroy our natural flora & fauna so PLEASE come and with the change in gun laws and dropping numbers of recreational hunters the problem is only increasing especially since the end of our 100 year drought when natures boom cycle kicked in.
The guy who said why kill cats must live in a very different world to me any domestic cat I find out between dusk & dawn is dead by whatever means necessary, ferral cat is fair game anytime day or night.
With regards to the shot whether you like hunting or not give credit where credit is due weather a goat or a tin can that's mad skill.
edit on 13-5-2012 by WorkingClassMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

I was going to post that video also

Bullet drops roughly 42' at 1000 yds - awesome shot.

Back on topic...I see no problem if they were hunting & ate the goat, but we'll never know.
edit on 5/13/2012 by Sostratus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
And the answer to your puzzle is for everyone to go back to when the life expectancy was 30 years by eating natural foods? Well, actually, that would solve the population problem.

Seems pretty illogical to say the shorter life-expectancy was due to natural diet. More than likely due to worse living conditions, poor availability of proper sterilization of wounds, lack of antibiotics, etc. If human over-population is the problem, then what's the problem for survivalists looking forward to a shtf event? Wouldn't such an event lower average life expectancy anyways, and in turn solve the problem you have with our numbers?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

There's no such thing as goat or hog overpopulation, or deer, or bear, or moose... It's human overpopulation taking up too much land. During the time of the great herds of buffalo there was no problem. And before man came along nature seemed to work things out quite efficiently. The mere fact that we have to cull the herds should be a big warning sign that WE are doing something very wrong.

you can speak for where you live but WHERE I LIVE in HAWAII, we have an OVERPOPULATION problem! We've never had natural predators here so it's always been man keeping the hogs in check. When they brought goats over it was even worse. Alot of the baby trees coming up are killed by goats, so there's been a huge problem with getting native plants going again. They just strip out entire areas and turn them into barren areas.

Have you ever heard of what rabbits did to australia??

We don't actually have a man overpopulation where i mostly live, which is on the BIG ISLAND of HAWAII.

It's been like this forever, hawaiians brought pigs over but never brought predators besides themselves.
There's nothing wrong with population control when you are the only predator.

edit on 13-5-2012 by Nephlim because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
16 and 3/4 MOA drop WOW! Beautiful shot, even if the wind was low that was a display of real skill and commitment to the craft of marksmanship.

To all the people having a hissy fit over this man's perfect shot; take a deep breath and realize that we don't care what you think about us. I love being one of the few who praise hunting videos/pictures on ATS.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Let me explain a simple concept about mass animal die offs due to lack of resources using Angel Island as a case history.

This island is about 1 square mile. It has always had deer and the local indians would hunt them and keep the population in check. The island is not big enough to support a lion. When Indians and people stopped hunting them what would happen is the population would explode, quickly stripping the whole island of natural plant resources, leading to mass die offs on the order of 90%+ of indigenous animals. Its a very cruel, slow death, starviing to death.

Relocation was tried, and was a massive failure. Island was too small to introduce predators, so what park rangers did is just start killing a couple every year. It's the humane thing to do, not just for the deer but for the enviroment. People complained that it was inhumane, but so is a slow death of starvation is the counter argument.

Problem solved. Man has always been a predator, and if you let animal populations get out of control

www.tws-west.org...

link for rabbits in australia, look at paragraph efect on ecology

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
i must admit, seeing that trajectory was awesome...
id like to know the optics this guy was training with...

a great shot and impressive footage...

but i really dont see why people are soo upset with the goat dying from this gun shot???

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nvprose1
i must admit, seeing that trajectory was awesome...
id like to know the optics this guy was training with...

a great shot and impressive footage...

but i really dont see why people are soo upset with the goat dying from this gun shot???

Ahhh, this is one that really isn't all that bad.

PETA wants to outlaw rat and mouse traps. They expect us to coexist with the vermin and the parisites/diseases that they carry.

As far as the goats go, I am pretty sure that they die even if we don't kill them and they are capable of sexual reproduction.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join