It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

943 Yard Mountain Goat shot!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Not sure what weapon is used, but this shot is 1/2 mile +.

This skill is beyond valuable when food is scarce. A great deterrent against invaders as well.

I would not even waste the cartridge myself. Better trying to get close with an atlatl or bow.

A hook would do by water as well.

Anyone good enough to match this shot?

source

I pass.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The way they bragged about taking another life is enough for me.

Were these guys starving or something? I have no respect for people that kill for sport

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Pretty wicked shot...poor thing did not even know about the munchables...sounded like a 303

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I have faith in humanity again. I'm glad to see most of the people are showing compassion for the goat within the comments.

I highly doubt the guy ate it....sooo I'm going to say
Killing things for sport is repulsive.

Bragging about killing anything (even if you do eat it), as if it is something to be proud of, is even more repulsive.

edit on 13-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I like how all the goats run just far enough to look like they had nothing to do with the fatality of that goat.... Nice shot tho

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I have faith in humanity again. I'm glad to see most of the people are showing compassion for the goat within the comments.

I highly doubt the guy ate it....sooo I'm going to say
Killing things for sport is repulsive.

Bragging about killing anything (even if you do eat it), as if it is something to be proud of, is even more repulsive.

Agreed!
We should start by executing all felines. They kill for sport and the domesticated varieties show pride in their kills(according to cat owners) by putting their kills where their owners can find them.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Not saying this is so, but a tribe of goats could devastate agriculture and property in a community.

Would let them graze you out of house and home? Could be a survival tactic.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Definitely a good shot and certainly something I'd never even attempt or recommend, either. As for his motivations, I don't know if he planned to go retrieve that goat or not, or whether its a game species or a pest species, so I'm not going to be critical on that count.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Apart from me not approving of killing animals for the hell of it. He may waste more energy going up and down hills to get it than energy he would get out of eating it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Of course they are going to use most of the animal. Eat it, hell. Men like that and men like me are gonna have that goat mounted and the meat processed. So we can say that goat yous eating, killed it yesterday up in hills. Thing was a monster just askin for that bullet.

I really would love for the worlds # to hit the fan and you be stuck trying to grow your own garden and find a way to preserve and grow enough to make it thru a winter. I dont think you can do it. You gonna be over at cowboy Bobs eating deer stakes and squirrel burgers. Finishing seconds and asking for more with a smile on your face. I guarantee it. Me and a vegan friend of mine spent about three months in jail and after the third day of not eating his veges cuz they tasted horrible he broke his 3 years stretch of not eating meat.

Get a life and stop being so spoiled. Grow up and get a pair you wimp. Stop bitching about # like this. Damn cant stand people who are against killing animals for food. You would not believe how many of your vegan dishes have meat in them. haha. You eat it almost everday. Every week is a guarantee and you dont even know it. So stop bitching and just eat the steak instead of just the toenails

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I don't see that this thread has much relevancy on the survivial forum.
And I'm saying that as a life-long shooter and believer in survival skills.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

We are not cats. We have to ablity to feel complex empathy for other species.

We should start by executing all felines.

Why would I want that? I just said I was against killing things for no real purpose. But I guess you fixate on killing things.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
that was awsome u see that bullet look like it curved
right over the hill.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
Not saying this is so, but a tribe of goats could devastate agriculture and property in a community.

Would let them graze you out of house and home? Could be a survival tactic.

Not saying this is so, but a tribe of humans could devastate agriculture and property in a community.
TAKE THE SHOT!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

We are not cats. We have to ablity to feel complex empathy for other species.

We should start by executing all felines.

Why would I want that? I just said I was against killing things for no real purpose. But I guess you fixate on killing things.

Let the killing begin. Seven billion people all in the woods on the same day. Drive every animal into extinction. We're going to do it anyway, so we might as well just get it over with.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Make the kill with open sights and I'll be impressed. Practice makes perfect, push your limits while you have a full belly so when you're hungry you can feed yourself.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ringlejames
reply to post by muse7

I really would love for the worlds sthtf and you be stuck trying to grow your own garden and find a way to preserve and grow enough to make it thru a winter. Get a life and stop being so spoiled. Grow up and get a pair you wimp. Damn cant stand people who are against killing animals for food.

If the shtf it's because of people, but your answer is killing helpess animals. If you really HAD a pair you'd KNOW what the solution is, but as it stands right now you're just a coward with a gun killing innocent creatures. We have taken animals out of the wild to raise them for food. There is NO REASON to hunt. Leave mother nature alone!

Questions with only one answer:

1. What animal has overpopulated its environment and needs to be culled RIGHT NOW?
2. What animal threatens the entire planet RIGHT NOW?
3. When the global economy collapses and leaves every store shelf empty, what 7 billion of this species WILL run into the woods to kill and eat everything that crawls, walks, or flies?

You selfish survivalists are always waiting for the sthtf so you can scurry off and take care of yourselves. Instead, how about being a solution to the problem? And YOU KNOW what that problem is and how to fix it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Why don't you explain to me your reasons for wanting to
kill cats?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yeah we have taken animals out the wild and raised for food correct. But we not only took them out of the wild we process the meat add to it then eat the gmo foods that increase risk of cancer by 49x's.

I have traveled the world and noticed one thing. Even modern country's that kill and grow their own food or just their towns food are soooooo much healthier. You see the close to the same amount of epople in their 70's 80's and 90's as kids in their teens. The meat you pick up at your store poisoned. The Food you buy poisoned. But wait u say, I dont die when I eat some good ribs. Of course you dont but everything you eat is ruining your immune system. The gmo foods you eat are not only modified foods after you eat it it trucks up your genetic code.

Me I am happy growing my own food from seeds bought from seed storage facilities stored years before this GMO bull#. I can most of my survival foods myself. Dehydrate, pickle all that good homemade goodness you can only get with home made food. Something that I am guessing a yankee like your self would know nothing about. Yeah I am almost sure your a yankee.

All I know is I am a whole hell of a lot healthier than you I dare say. And my dna and medical records prove it. You gonna die at 50 maybe 60, and if you are really lucky you might get dementia and old timers disease inside a very roomy old folks home. \

While I live to the ripe old age of 90 or 100 all while eating my imported plums that are probably going to be illegal while I sip on my homemade green apple hooch to keep my system clean.

I hate to say it but while your children bury you I am most likely going to be burying my children. In the past six years I have taken my biological age from 454 at 19 to 24 at 25. Because I am not stupid.

You are just like the rest of the people on ATS, not denying ignorance. The government dont want you to go hunt and grow your own food. The American agricultural industrial COMPLEX would go bankrupt. 80% of the stores in the country would go bankrupt. The medical field would lose billions if not trillions in the long run because people are no long getting sick from gmo contaminated foods. The cancer portion of the medical field would suffer because not as many people would be getting cancer. The controlled depopulation of the world would reverse and it would be like it was in the sixties and seventies. Everybody would be popping babies out.

So like I said get off your high horse and stop thinking you know everything and grow a pair instead of being one of those mindless zombie goats that dont know and dont understand what is really happening in the world.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Why don't you explain to me your reasons for wanting to
kill cats?
You can save your vinegar, mamabeth. I don't want to kill cats.

I was just making the point that humans are not the only species that kill for enjoyment.
Other posters feel that it is okay for cats to kill other creatures for fun because they are 'stupid' animals. You should scrap with them for calling cats stupid.

Facts are that many game species exist in large numbers today because of the efforts and $$$$$$ from not only hunters and hunting groups, but shooters that do not even hunt(taxes on ammo goes to wildlife preservation).See it here at a govt site
edit on 13-5-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join