It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Rumbling in the Sky: Pulsejet Technology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I have listened to many recordings of 'strange rumblings' in the sky and believe I have stumbled across a very viable explanation.

Turbojet and turbofan propulsion have been mainstays of aviation since the fifties and have reached the limits of their efficiency. In the search for a better form of propulsion, some believe that the old technology of pulsejet engines can be made new again.

Pulsejet engines have had military applications since at least WW2 when the Germans used them in 'buzzbomb' attacks against England.

Here is a very 'typical' sounding pulsejet engine:
www.google.com... sg=AFQjCNEwwnLZMnF89a_VgXLtdzkBjfPNFQ

If anyone can embed the video, I think many will find the sound of a simple pulsejet engine to be uncannily similar to the sounds recorded relating to rumbling in the sky.

Say hello to the future of military aviation?
edit on 13-5-2012 by NightShift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NightShift

Interesting. You may be right.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I've now watched four other videos with the same type of pulse engine, and none sound like the one you posted.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NightShift

If the sounds people heard accross the planet were caused by Jets; they would not have had time to record them , unless those jets were flying around in circles. seems very unlikley to me.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
There are multiple factors affecting the sound, and the one I referenced had a fast cycle as opposed to slower cycles you may see in less ambitious 'homebrews' people have built on a smaller scale.

Any military application would likely tend towards a greater pulse frequency, but regardless, the staccato, concussive, and obtrusively loud vibrational tone of a pulsejet engine is universal.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by the6elf

Think altitude. High atmospheric flight would present much longer 'exposure' to any given point on the ground.

Also, V1 buzzbombs were heard in the UK long before they impacted. The greatest military weakness of the pulsejet is the incredible volume it produces.

I cannot explain lack of Doppler effect in recordings of rumblings, however.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
If they are using pulse jets one would assume that these jets travel at great speed. Then please explain to me why these sounds lasts for such a long time?

Hovercraft?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join