It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Lebron deserve to win MVP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Pretty self explanitory by the title.

So what do you guys think?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Yes.
He is the best all around player in the NBA and therefor the most valuable.
Is he the most valuable player to his team?
Probably not.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Not only is he NOT the MVP for his team, he's no MVP for the league. The dude is wayyy overated.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
Not only is he NOT the MVP for his team, he's no MVP for the league. The dude is wayyy overated.

seriously, the MVP award should be given out at the end of the season, if not the end of the east/west championships. what has lebron done besides prove he is only good when it doesn't matter. i think this season taught us Derick Rose was MVP. he goes out, and his team collapses without him. JeBron Lames goes out, and they still would have beat the knicks.

also, there is kevin durrant, kobe bryant, and chris paul out there. all 3 better than jebron lames and far more valuable to their team.

i asked jebron if he had change for a dollar but he said he only had 3 quarters on him. he may be the best regular season 3 qtr player EVER. put him on a team where he doesn't have 2 super stars to pick up his slack and see how well he does. oh that's right, we saw it in cleveland!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

Yeah man totally agree. I think he deserved the previous mvp's because he was obviously the cavs most valuable player but now he just gets put up there because of the hype behind his name.

Personally I think Durant should have won it, look what he's done for the thunder who are one of the youngest teams in the league which makes them one of the least experienced.

The mvp award is kind of just a popularity award anyway so hopefully Durant gets the one that counts, the finals mvp and the ring

Oh and by the way, This is an unbiased judgement I go for Chicago

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I'm from Cleveland, so I'm gonna have to say no.

There was a guy that drove around with a lebron james jersey on the back of his truck, letting it drag until it disintegrated.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

There was a guy that drove around with a lebron james jersey on the back of his truck, letting it drag until it disintegrated.

Haha dam now that's hate

He should have just stayed in cleveland. I think all the big super trades failed really except clippers. But yeah Lebron should have stayed in the cavs and melo should have stayed with denver.

The real trade should have been Wade to Chicago!
(I wish haha)
edit on 13-5-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
i'm tired of hearing about lebron. all the telecasters always talking about how they would want him on their team, yet he chokes when it matters most and then you have kobe bryant out there who is the greatest closer in b-ball history, and is, if not the greatest player, the 2nd greatest. i don't see how james can be the mvp of the league when his team consists of d-wade, bosh, battier, and chalmers. all-star team

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

you clevelanders are better off man, the guy quit on you guys when he couldn't handle the pressure. now he can do it and still have wade to back him up.

cleveland is a sports town i would hate to be a fan of. browns move to baltimore, then they win a superbowl. lebron james, the cleveland indians choking against the braves and the marlins. ugh, my heart goes out to you guys

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Exactly! That's what I mean he got his MVP solely based on hype, it sucks.
And I don't get why the heat keep giving the ball to lebron in those last seconds when he's pretty much guaranteed to choke, saying it'll help him get better? I don't think so!
I mean the man can put up big points the first 3 quarters just leave it at that he just simply isn't a finisher never has and probably never will be which Is why I still think the heat won't win a title with him on the team.

I actually used to quite like the heat before Lebron went there

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i'd imagine it's simply a money thing and it's to drum up commercial success within his fanbase

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
man did any of you guys watch that heat pacers game today? tell me the refs didn't help the heat at every indiana lead change. lesson learned, don't breathe on lebron or d-wade when they have the ball

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah
man did any of you guys watch that heat pacers game today? tell me the refs didn't help the heat at every indiana lead change. lesson learned, don't breathe on lebron or d-wade when they have the ball

Haha yeah I reckon a!

Oh well if you saw todays game then that's karma

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by doodles40

Originally posted by Hardstepah

Haha yeah I reckon a!

Oh well if you saw todays game then that's karma

it was so beautiful! and then wade crying about excessive celebrations. this is the same whiner that got up on stage dancing and celebrating not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, but 7, 7titles

the same guy who mocked dirk nowitski for having the flu and then lighting their asses up in the finals

such a lack of class and maturity, how do people like these guys? the only one who has class is bosh and even he is a whiny crybaby

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

And did you see Wades flagrant foul he did? It was just as bad as the one that dude did on Griffin a while back and was suspended. But I guess because it's Dwyane Wade it's ok
Some of those refs are corrupt man

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yes!

Lebron is by far the most skilled player in the league.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have NO idea.

However, if we were voting on personality it would be a big yes. He really is a neat kid... and he WAS a kid when he started. I havent seen him a long time and the husband was watching TV.. one of the 200 sports channels he has.. and I saw this HUGE scary looking basketball player. I said, Who the hell is THAT?! Hubby says.. thats your boy, Lebron.
Geez... what a few yrs did. Looks like a monster, but if he keeps that neat personality that would be great!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Oh true? Did you know him personally or something? Or do you jut mean you've been following him since he was young?

new topics

top topics

join