It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adobe CS 6

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
If this is the wrong forum, please move as needed. It seemed the best.

Well CS 6 is out and available! I'm downloading it as I type this and I can't wait to dig in. Is anyone else already using the 6 Suites? I imagine the forum here is largely, if not almost entirely made up of work generated from Photoshop, Illustrator or other areas of the Adobe s/w so this seemed the appropriate place to see who had something to share this.

The most exciting feature I am looking at is the new Content Aware tools of Photoshop 6. By what I am seeing, the content-aware has gone from simply removing objects by a couple clicks to allowing those objects to be quickly isolated and then MOVED within the image while the background is filled and adjusted.

I just got to playing with the content-aware fill in CS 5.5 and was impressed by how it could make a pole or something else vanish clean with the background simply filling as if it had always been that way. I'd seen very mixed results as the backgrounds had more complex elements to them though. I wonder how that will work?

edit on 13-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

and one more very exciting looking tool capability using the same content fill feature....

The upside looks like we won't have to work forever to correct those annoying little aspects of an otherwise great photo!
edit on 13-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

need a piece of celery?
...fuel my mind please!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Wooooooo

Now I can hoax moonbase pix easier

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You know, I've asked the faculty members in the GDT program at school just how, if at all, this can be detected. Any of it... (Naive question perhaps) and I've yet to get an answer that doesn't take expertise beyond the average. If someone leaves it layered, of course any idiot can see it...but if it's been flattened, how?

Yeah, the potential for making hoax photos that much easier wasn't lost on me. Almost scary how easy it's become for that side of things, isn't it?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Great software for making a ufo hoax.

Just Joking there are ufo or photos that are impossible to fake them. They look too real.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
i remember a time where using photoshop was a skill, now its like electronic music. takes no skill at all.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

You would be able to tell unless the person who did it was extremely careful and a photoshop master. But even then, photoshop just uses an algorithm to gather data from the surrounding pixels. If you had a high enough resolution of the image you'd more than likely be able to find one off looking edge, color or pixel.

Purposely bad usage of content aware scaling but it gets the point across I guess
It was easier to see in the larger image in PS.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Not true. Even if you know how to use the program in and out it takes skill and talent to create a good piece of art.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Tell that to someone just learning to use it.

This stuff is easy to do, once learned. I've seen that much so far in classes. Just starting though, the options are endless and it's a forest of choices to find the right ones that work. Art is still accurate. Perhaps just not as sharp a learning curve?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Well I mean if you're just talking about color correcting photos and such, that isn't hard to do. But some REALLY skilled talented paintings and manipulations are created in PS.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well everyone, I just got up after falling asleep on my keyboard, playing with CS 6 and the new features. I am impressed! The interface alone is more intuitive and user friendly than what came before and I don't have my little windows seemingly meant to float all over the place and never where I thought I left it when I need one. lol... They put a lot of thought into things there.

The Content-Aware features in PS 6 Extended are almost magic in their function to someone like me. A last minute make-up I've been struggling with for tomorrow before I sit for Finals in that class has bugged me for weeks. It took about 30 minutes to get done with the new tools last night as if it were a side thing.

Likewise, Illustrator has a few new things and a whole new layout to match. It's also intuitive to a higher degree than before. I don't quite wish I'd waited to start my core classes for CS 6 to come, but that feeling is close.... I'm certainly realizing that the difference of versions and a few months time made for a whole lot more work this Semester than the guys in the same class are likely to have next Fall.

Anyway, there are my first impressions and remember! Anyone can play with it on the 30 day trial! Don't let the ....HUGE...price tag run anyone off from at least tinkering. It's worth it just for the fun these new features supply in pure sandbox approach.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I think features like content aware are cool, but they could have made it an additional app or a plugin, and detract from the essence of photoshop at times. But I am a sw/hw tester from way back so I'm opinionated.

The last release I loved using was 5.5. They didn't crud up the UI with all these absolutely silly buttons, just a menu option and a macro, and if it didn't exist you could simply record an action! I used it for a living making tiling textures for PC games and 5.5 you could hit your action key for "make texture", then another for "fill with texture" and made my job easy, quick and intuitive. Then they got some Mac web designer in there to redesign the UI, now I have to do a 7 click process, name my texture and add it to a library, when before it was 2 clicks!!!! Idiots! They should have just made a Photoshop release just for control freak, graphic designer, web designer types. For anyone who was fluid with previous releases, PS6 to CS were a huge annoyance.

I still like their products and the ability to work in layers, adjusting selections, unlimited plugins. And like someone said I'll bet this content aware feature (kinda like the magic selection tool they came out in PS6) will make faking UFOs and bigfoots much easier.

I still prefer oil paints to an art program anyday.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I LOVE the recovery system in CS6

top topics

join