It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Occupy LA Costs Taxpayers $4.7 Million; Entire Movement Close to $30 Million

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Idahomie
How's about we as taxpayers ask congress to send the bill for this to George Soros and his Pal Andy Stern. Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and good old' Barry Soreto also supported these useful idiots, they can pay the bill. They ALL are multi millionaires, they can afford it. But Soros and Stern bear the most responsibility for this farcical nonsense perpetrated on the American people.

And they are the same ones that supported the bank bailouts !

they are playing both ends between the middle

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
The OP hates the US constitution.

Psychologically, I would Really love to hear how that was arrived at !!

Details please !!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Details please !!

Oh my...............

Is that like Democrats hating to pass a balanced budget the last three years ?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
WALL ST

Costs taxpayers $10,000,000,000,000

Vs

$30,000,000

For stagnation and associated costs, maybe even more...
edit on 14-5-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Details please !!

Well, you and me both. I've been reading your OP's and posts for quite some time now and I certainly can imagine things people might call you or me, for that matter. Someone against the U.S. Constitution wouldn't be among them. That's an odd choice of things to say, isn't it? Hmmm...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes strange.

Maybe RealSpoke simply MisSpoke.

Or he was referring to the article.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Occupy has problems when the local group wants to take the money for new jobs (over 100) and just give it to the people without having to work. Great business plan

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
wow...bitching about ONE 'Patriot Missile's' worth of money...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'm fine with the cost of it. Information is priceless.

The more the American people know about the Fed, the less it will be able to steal from them.

Keep up the good work!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Compared to the $700,000,000,000 it costs to bail out the banks? And that's before you start adding in all those "little" extras that throw it into the ballpark of $2,000,000,000,000

Peanuts.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Yeah. Free Speech costs money. Imagine that. But leave it to a slavering TeaBag to complain that Free Speech isn't a profit making exercise.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Try to stop finding things to complain about with the occupy movement. That's all some of you do.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

This is clearly Shinfo.

basicly.. show the masses how much its costing to keep any more "occupy's from happening again". so what if it costs?. the banks CHARGE alot more in admin fees..... admin?!!?!? wtf. isnt it your job already to do "admin".

crooks and theft....

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Oh no, not 4.7 million dollars.

I'm sorry, but how much did the government give to Wall Street again?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Enemyc0mbatant

When Occupy returns the favor by not trying to tear down my nation, I'll happily ignore the fact they exist, Reform isn't the aim though. Taking the system down is. That is my nation we're talking about there. I'm in pretty solid company across the nation for the sheer vast % of Americans who feel as strongly or far stronger than I do. Peace or War? Occupy is making that choice and that declaration. No one else is. We're all just reacting to their set of priorities and the tactics they've come to use as SOP in getting there.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So...What you’re saying is, that Occupy has cost the government pennies compared to what they hand out in charities. By charities, I am referring to unemployment (people not even looking for work or refusing to accept a job at lesser pay than previously earned), disability (People who chose not to work because they cannot perform a certain duty. If you have back problems or cannot stand for a long period of time, get a desk job. If you can't perform a physical task, get a job that requires you to think. GO BACK TO SCHOOL IF YOU HAVE TO!), or how about food stamps/government housing to people on drugs. If you can afford drugs, alcohol, or cigs, than pay for your own meal and housing!

I say this just about in every post, we need to trim the fat and start making people fend for themselves or making their families take care of them. The responsibility of the lazy and pathetic should no long be society's burden to carry!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Occupy is an inside job. It is facilitated by shills whom are highly trained at soros NGO's.
Hands across the sand. Raincoast. Tides foundation. Sierra club. Green peace. No one is illegal. La Raza. greenpeace. Wildcoast. transition town. ETC literally 1000's of these fake charities in bed with each other designed to make you all into useful pawns for rolling out the revolution that this government and the globalists want. All are funded by soros through the tides foundation. All of these organizations get excellent tax breaks AND EVEN GOVERNMENT GRANTS. You are paying for your own destruction every time you pay tax to your corrupt thieving government.

They are here to usher in a globalist era. They will steal your country's resources and distribute what you have so far and wide the 3rd world experience will be the uniform norm of this new "sustainable development" monoculture. The elites will still live well (perhaps even better) all the while riding your debt ridden backs.

These groups want you on the smart meters, and want you either chipped or using an RFID id. You think the government would pay for the revolution against it (the shills that run it, the buses that are randomly paid for to transport people around for protests, etc) unless it were an inside job?

$40 million is a small price for your rotten government to pay for this level of social engineering, it is a shame that it didn't cost them more. They took a risk and are not ready for a systemic collapse they need a revolution like occupy to dupe people into being kept pre-occupied with a load of crap while this military industrial complex wishing globalism has the opportunity to finish and roll out the modern technologies they are developing just now.

They are afraid that a real revolution might take them out before that and have all sorts of games setup to try and take our eyes off the prize of hanging all these treasonous thieving scumbags in the village square.

The United Nations is the government now and your national governments are not going to tell you until they've rolled out a control grid that keeps you in line. This is why your government is so receptive to these orwellian technologies such as those new "talking street lights". UGH.

Stop these evil scumbags or you will all suffer the consequences and one major one is that most of you will have to die to make their "sustainable development" plan work.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
OWS accomplished nothing, as many thought it would. It did waste a lot of municipalities' money and time in clean up and policing. There was no clear message. The idiocy of such a movement was blatant in the interviews by all major news networks. One young man wished for communism and said Cuba "had it made". A young female wanted free college, not a job, just free tuition. Yet another idiot said that the government should somehow put into place a shield across the US to protect us from UV rays.
Unbelievable

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
$29,110,827 / 121,000,000 = $0.24058

So it cost each tapayer roughly 25 cents on a national average... Not significant...
edit on 14-5-2012 by AngryAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryAlien

Good point if Uncle Barack is paying the tab. Split among the residents of a half dozen or more cities for the primary hit on that money? It's a tad more than pennies on the dollar the locals will get tagged on. Especially when one considers there IS no tax money left for a margin to pay any of this with. Every government level (except Federal it seems) is strapped and tapped. So fees, fines and other forms of discretionary/punitive actions will likely be the preferred solution. What other option is there? Cities and states cannot print money. When it's gone, things just shut down and stop working until costs come below available funds.

Heck, even the tricks with bonds are pretty well shot in this economy. Yeah, the pain is far from equally spread and I feel for the people in the hardest fighting cities.

If Occupy took this to D.C. like they MEANT to change anything, then we could say Uncle Sammy is paying and all those comparisons to trillions and missile systems or war systems would be fair for how little this cost is. It's simply not happening that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join