It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Eats Breakfast with Ben Bernanke:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
How could Paul supporters have missed this story. I think it's sad that I am the one to report this to you all. I bet it wasn't even mentioned over at the DailyPaul either. So why is Ron Paul eating Breakfast at the Federal Reserve?? With his main enemy no doubt.

They might even be friends, despite what the Ron Paul cult would have you believe. Ron Paul is a government insider. Otherwise wouldn't he refuse Bernanke's request to dine with him, at the FED? Two things Ron Paul is supposed to hate.

Meeting realistically went like this:

Dr. Paul, "You know Ben, I recently introduced another bill to bring down the Fed Yesterday."
Bernanke, "Yeah. And it's never going to pass congress. Can you pass the sugar?"

Then they both laugh!

blogs.wsj.com...
edit on 13-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I see nothing wrong with this story, it's obvious they're on two sides of the fence with things.

Pretty boss stuff actually, the conversation was "off the record''.

I'm sure if anything Bernanke was like

"Hey Polly enough with all this awaking up the people and exposing us evil devils, if you were to support Mitt Romney and drop out you and your family could be very rich....."

evil hyena laugh.

But dang guy you sure do got alot of Ron Paul in your mouth for someone who doesn't seem to care so much about the fellow.

Funny sig quote you got btw. True to an extent

edit on 13-5-2012 by Mythology because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

+1 more 
posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
People with ideological differences get together to talk through those differences all the time. It's called being civilized. It's one of the things that contrasts our society with those of the dark ages.

+2 more 
posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Keep your enemies closer than you keep your friends.

IF you are older than 15 it's about time to learn how to deal with all issues with maturity. You think Ghandi would have declined a breakfast with Hitler? I doubt it. Bold people aren't afraid or 'too angry' to sit down with those they are 'against.' I think it's smart of them to have breakfast together.

I mean...give me a break.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Interesting find, thanks for the link.

Although there isn't much wrong with having breakfast with your political rivals, I do find the comment of "It was off the record" as unacceptable.

It's totally not off the record if it actually happened in real life.
Now they should tell us what it was about please?

I do concede that it is unlikely they would discuss much policy wise over 30-45min, but there could be far more correspondence between the two than we realize.

So yes I would like to know what went on.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

The Fed chief and lawmaker had “sort of an open discussion,” Mr. Paul said, while declining to provide any details of the conversation. “It was off the record,” he said. The Fed declined to comment on the meeting.

From your OP article.

Can we verify that these are authentic quotations?

"What" was off the record exactly? Bernanke's comments or the entire conversation? It's all too vague and I personally would like clarification.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Didn't Obama hang out with a known terrorist (Bill Ayers)? Didn't Obama have a preacher that hates America (Jeremiah Wright). So are you saying Ron Paul is actually some kind of Yuri candidate that is hanging with the Fed Chairman, and is therefore a Fed sympathizer? If so, what say you about Obama and his "pals"?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
If anything, I see this as a sign that Bernanke and pals have come to realize they have to start compromising in some way with Paul because they know how much support he is steadily gaining and how much influence he will have. They're preparing for an inevitable future in which they know RP will run as independent and take a large portion of the conservative base with him, and they know his supporters have already taken over numerous party offices in the primaries. His legacy is not going anywhere anytime soon and is only going to grow and if the bankers are smart they will start preparing for that now.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Just to play devils advocate a bit:

I don't necessarily think it's wrong of them to keep it 'off record.'
They are still people and should be given the ability to have a private breakfast and conversation if they would like. Sure, I would I love to know what they talked about. I'm really curious. But can I demand that you tell me about every conversation that you have. Granted, your not a public official. But still, like I said, they are still people too.

Are we going to start demanding that records are kept of every meeting between all political figureheads? Every brief gesture? Every five minute side conversation at a luncheon?

Again, I'm just bringing up another way to look at it. And I do really wish I knew what was said!

I hope it went something like this:

>>FADE IN>INTERIOR FED CAFETERIA - MORNING >insert 7 - 9 ninjas from the ceiling. They surround Paul>insert Chuck Norris busting through the walls. Round house kicks every ninja at once.>Bernanke morphs into the rat he really is in order to escape.>Chuck sits down at Bernankes place.>Beat. They both laugh.>FADE TO BLACK

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I'd love to have breakfast with Bernake. Who wouldn't want to get into the mind of a banking psychopath?

edit on 13-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Didn't Obama hang out with a known terrorist (Bill Ayers)? Didn't Obama have a preacher that hates America (Jeremiah Wright). So are you saying Ron Paul is actually some kind of Yuri candidate that is hanging with the Fed Chairman, and is therefore a Fed sympathizer? If so, what say you about Obama and his "pals"?

You are the one making those connections/accusations. I didn't say anything about Obama in the post. But make of it what you will.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Interesting find, thanks for the link.

Although there isn't much wrong with having breakfast with your political rivals, I do find the comment of "It was off the record" as unacceptable.

It's totally not off the record if it actually happened in real life.
Now they should tell us what it was about please?

I do concede that it is unlikely they would discuss much policy wise over 30-45min, but there could be far more correspondence between the two than we realize.

So yes I would like to know what went on.

No Problem, and I also wondered why the meeting was kept secret, and what Ron Paul really meant with his joke at the end... Why would he joke about something like that.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Why does everyone assume if you dislike Ron Paul then you are some sort of Obama lover on this site?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

You are the one making those connections/accusations. I didn't say anything about Obama in the post. But make of it what you will.

I'm gonna settle this now: Neither of you like Obama. Okay?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

It doesn't surprise me at all, Dr. Paul is a very reasonable man

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
They're on the same board right?

/nobigsecret

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

No Problem, and I also wondered why the meeting was kept secret, and what Ron Paul really meant with his joke at the end... Why would he joke about something like that.

I probably shouldn't give you more ammo, but since it's still in the realm of speculation I will share with you.

Let's play "What If" for a moment, and question some possibilities that may or may not exist.

=====
What if RP was actually a ploy to fool the nation into actually cutting our expenses and altering our policies as a stealth Austerity measure?

What if the move for a gold standard was legit, and it actually protects the rich more than it harms them because #1 it saves them from their own disaster (fiat currency), and #2 they already own a vast amount of the gold so they will stay just as rich.

What if this was all planned ahead of time and the goal was to actually come from the grassroots and push for extreme austerity measures?

What if the goal was to blacklist RP as a form of "Underdog promotion strategy" which is working quite well and they planned to eliminate Romney and leave Paul as the last standing man?
=====

Look this is all way out there speculation but I admit the thoughts cross my mind time to time. Like I say I don't really trust anyone, hell I don't even trust myself half the time, I end up finding out I was wrong about things and learn more accurate ideas all the time.

RP could be genuine it's impossible to tell really since I don't know him personally. His track record is quite impressive and his public comments are typically high quality. So it makes it difficult to divine any sort of solid knowledge and instead I am left with speculation and playing the odds.

I concede that the odds of him being a 'bad guy' are somewhat low, but it is something interesting to consider and ponder.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Loved the Chuck Norris - RP joke.

That would have been a really cool moment.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join