It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California deficit has soared to $16 billion, Gov. Jerry Brown says

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Have any of you EVER been to California? Or are you going by everything that your favorite right-wing blowhards write about?

I live in California, and it's almost impossible for anyone to get a job over here if they're not lucky enough to already have one. Clearly you have not been here.
edit on 5/15/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Do you have anything useful to add to this discussion?

I see a lot of people bagging on California.

Have any of you EVER been to California? Or are you going by everything that your favorite right-wing blowhards write about?

you are quite right... I too will urinate on California.

I do not really want to go to Cali and if I happen to get anywhere near the place it will only be for our National Parks which I do love without discrimination or bias.

if you can not see where I have added my usefulness and solution to this topic so be it... the solution is simple... eradication of the zombie hordes!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

But that is true in most, if not all the states, so why focus on this particular one. It is the state with the largest population so it is only logical that it have the largest spending budget.

It has already been pointed out that Texas has a budget gap that is in similar shape and it is a red state so claiming that California's is a result of liberal policies is nothing more than political rhetoric.

edit on 15-5-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

OH, is it your fault for being rude towards me? Well maybe not you, but the posters I was refering to when I said "care to insult me directly".

Oh no, don't be mistaken. I own up for my issues.
If I am rude, it is of my own choice.
You, however mistake a forward/blunt reply for rudeness because it does not agree to your senstive nature.

Who's fault is their misplaced anger? Who's fault is YOUR misplaced anger?

Not mine...

And what a fabulous edition of armchair counseling that was.
It is not misplaced, it is directed at the intended target.

So you know (for a fact) that the hundreds of thousands of folks in need, well they "refuse to do anything"?

I stated 3 things.
Stop whining about it.

Where do you get this magical information from? You know the amazing Randy will give ya a million dollars if you can show him how you know the minds/lives of that many people...

What info are you referring to?

OR are you lumping everyone into a pot, for your personal ease of hatred?

Nope, don't need to.
CA does it all on its own.

Furthermore, again with the "run away"

I didn't realize there were so many cowards in the US...

Let me guess, you majored in English and with a Minor is Psychology.
There really is no further fight to be had in CA. Plus, it is not a State I would ever reside in.
So, by all means, stay there. Continue to have the State Govt suck your tax dollars and waste them away on crap.
I had a thought last night. If Kommiefornia wants a bailout, I think a State or two could offer this. But, then those States take control of the monies and budget for 20 years.

Strawmen burn so well, because they are made of straw.

Yep, English major, but also studied OWS maybe???

What was I saying about the "I don't care" comments, heck you quoted it yourself.

EDIT (Oh yeah!)
I forgot to ask:

Like I inquired earlier, other than howl, what do YOU do to change the situation? (I listed what I do...)
edit on 5/14/2012 by adigregorio because: And we established "whining" doesn't count. (I call it howling)

What do I propose?
Nothing. I don't reside there. I am not a resident of CA.
It is your problem. Go solve it.
Stop looking for others to fix your problems.
Your State budget, your problem.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

And how I love the haters.

Ok then. I guess.

No the truth doesn't sting, assholy delievery of the truth stings. Big difference. For instance, I can say illegal immigrants are causing a myirad of problems. OR I could say, it's the Kommiefornians fault.

I think I shall go sob in the corner now. Oh boo hoo.
CA's problems are just that, the fault of the people in CA.
You as a whole keep electing people that drive that State into the ground.
The view from the swirling toilet drain is going to get darker and darker. You might get sick from the spinning.

See the difference? While both "true" one is too general, and shows ignorance. Wonder which

Of course, because it seems the only thing you can do to illicit change is write. Much to difficult to lift a finger, well other than to write or type...

Oh, Hope and Change mantras now???
Again, CA is not my problem.

Hmm, maybe you should follow your own advice and leave then? Leave the UNITED States, you are so fond of running away from problems this should be second nature, no?

Ah, but we are not talking about the failing budget of the Federal Govt, now are we?
We are on a topic of the failed budget of CA.
But, let's not mince words I guess.

Gotta love deflection when you know you have struck a nerve, HAHAHA

Though you are correct, we are talking about state debt. Though you seem to be "hating on" residence, which is neither state, nor debt...

Your logic and retorts are very jumbled.
CA's residence are the cause of the CA failings.

[q

What you mean like Texas, Arizona, Florida? Oh wait, those aren't the topic

What are you babbling about?
Texas has a booming economy, AZ and FL are trying to rebound.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

So you know (for a fact) that the hundreds of thousands of folks in need, well they "refuse to do anything"?

I stated 3 things.
Stop whining about it.

Stating three things isn't answering a question. How do you know that hundreds of thousands of folks "refuse to do anything"?

It's a super simple question!

Where do you get this magical information from? You know the amazing Randy will give ya a million dollars if you can show him how you know the minds/lives of that many people...

What info are you referring to?

Check right above this quote. How do you know the minds and intentions of hundreds of thousands of people, if you want I can put the full original context quote in too

OR are you lumping everyone into a pot, for your personal ease of hatred?

Nope, don't need to.
CA does it all on its own.

So California lumps everyone into a pot for your personal hatred, got it!

Why not hate the people lumping, and not those lumped. (That is why your anger is misplaced by the way
)

Furthermore, again with the "run away"

I didn't realize there were so many cowards in the US...

Let me guess, you majored in English and with a Minor is Psychology.
There really is no further fight to be had in CA. Plus, it is not a State I would ever reside in.
So, by all means, stay there. Continue to have the State Govt suck your tax dollars and waste them away on crap.
I had a thought last night. If Kommiefornia wants a bailout, I think a State or two could offer this. But, then those States take control of the monies and budget for 20 years.

THANK YOU!

You have done the thing I wanted, think of alternatives to the anger. Which, is the step before action I suppose. Either way, yes! THAT is a great plan, considering we both agree the folks in charge are not too adept at sowing wheat.

Furthermore this plan, well it targets the "bad guys". All of them, the ones that abuse the system and the ones that set up a system easily abused. All while allowing the folks that aren't abusers to be individuals, and not "lumped" with the others.

Lastly, I majored in neither of those things. Actually, up until recently I was a blue-collar. Due to the people in charge, I was layed off. Luckilly I have a little bit of smarts, and know how to handle myself without the aforementioned assistance. But, I have many friends also layed off that are not. And it saddens me to see them "hated on", and all for things way beyond their control.

What do I propose?
Nothing. I don't reside there. I am not a resident of CA.
It is your problem. Go solve it.
Stop looking for others to fix your problems.
Your State budget, your problem.

And that is all it is, right?

My problem, or our (Californians) problem.

Again, I agree 100%. Unless we start jumping ship, then it becomes everyones problem. Remember I, for one, do try my best for change. And many others do as well, but like I said the change that is needed will not come without a "push coming to a shove". And, as I also stated, people don't want to get hurt. So they don't act.

Hence why it's a supposed scientic fact that humans are followers.
(Only "supposed" because a source was never referenced...)

EDIT (To clarify, again
)
I do NOT endorse OWS

I do NOT support facisim

I do NOT support Communism

I do NOT support Democracy (OR Democratic Republics)

What I do support is a perfect world fallacy, so I pick the third in the above list as an alternative. (Also, I am neither liberal nor conservative...)
edit on 5/15/2012 by adigregorio because: Obvious edit is obvious

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

What you mean like Texas, Arizona, Florida? Oh wait, those aren't the topic

What are you babbling about?
Texas has a booming economy, AZ and FL are trying to rebound.

Texas does, care to source that claim?

There's One Huge State Budget Crisis That Everyone Is Refusing To Talk About

After a crisis-free 2010, investors are expected to punish these hotbeds of bad governance in a muni bond market rout, at least if pundits like Meredith Whitney are correct.

But there's one state, which is fairly high up on the list of troubled states that nobody is talking about, and there's a reason for it.

The state is Texas.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

the problem in California is the limited few have all the dollar bills...

how did it get this way you ask? one only needs to ask the residents of this godless state... they choose to have idols and actually politicians who are actors, it is one state in the union where they actually know it an prefer it.

is the rest of the nation crying or in anguish about California's situation? I say no... and know why not.

because the rest of the nation thinks Lady Gaga is the governor of the state and its spokesperson.... this is going to be a big problem when trying to garner sympathy from the other states in the union specially in the lines of an economic disaster, in all actuality we will just sit back and laugh and surely gain gratification when lady gaga and 95% of the other idols are on VH1's "Where are they Now" show.

Didn't the residents of the state of California realize this is the time of the "occupy" movement? it is time to rise up and burn your idols... take back the lands and possessions which were stolen from you and remake the state of California in the occupiers own image!

the godless state of California will live by Gods laws or it will die by Gods laws! which I suspect may be happening at this time...

one day and hopefully very soon we can all wake up without the state of embarrassment that the state of California has brought on all us decent residents of the United States.

-Godspeed

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
the problem in California is the limited few have all the dollar bills...

EXACTLY, so why not be mad at them? (Like I am!)

Since they are the ones instigating the problems, it would seem to me to be much easier to remove a couple hundred folks (maybe a couple thousand) versus, hundreds of thousands. A large part of which would be "not at fault".

how did it get this way you ask? one only needs to ask the residents of this godless state... they choose to have idols and actually politicians who are actors, it is one state in the union where they actually know it an prefer it.

Actors as politicians? You mean like Regan?

As for Sonny, and Arnold, and Franken (Oh wait, he is Minnesota!) Well, I wasn't residing in California for there fun times, so I can't really contribute with any accuracy. Arnold was on the way out when I moved back to being godless.

is the rest of the nation crying or in anguish about California's situation? I say no... and know why not.

because the rest of the nation thinks Lady Gaga is the governor of the state and its spokesperson.... this is going to be a big problem when trying to garner sympathy from the other states in the union specially in the lines of an economic disaster, in all actuality we will just sit back and laugh and surely gain gratification when lady gaga and 95% of the other idols are on VH1's "Where are they Now" show.

Wait, so now it is the entertainment industries fault?

I don't really keep up with movies/tv anymore due to it all being "rehashes".

But if the rest of the country is that ignorant to our situation, again I reference that mirror. Furthermore, laughing at others misfortune is an interesting way to live I must admit!

Didn't the residents of the state of California realize this is the time of the "occupy" movement? it is time to rise up and burn your idols... take back the lands and possessions which were stolen from you and remake the state of California in the occupiers own image!

Where is your pitchfork, to roust out Obama? Not so easy to tout a weapon, when it is your turn to do the touting...is it?

Again I reference the problem of the people not wanting to be hurt. No one seems to realize we are already injured...

the godless state of California will live by Gods laws or it will die by Gods laws! which I suspect may be happening at this time...

Well this explains much to me. I mean no defense against a "god", I am a mere mortal! Isn't there a fallacy for this?

one day and hopefully very soon we can all wake up without the state of embarrassment that the state of California has brought on all us decent residents of the United States.

Yeah, and if it is because it sank. Guess what, your state is next! Virginia is high up on those debt charts too, #14 I think...

Think I will move there after California dies, so everyone can laugh as I take down another state! MWAH!

-Godspeed

We can only hope!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Oh good hell.
This is very plain and very simple.

The budget of CA is the problem and creation of CA and the people residing there.
I never said that there was no one there not trying to do anything.

I stated to stop whining about it.
Either fix YOUR states problem, Leave the State or Deal with it.

Stop whining, and stop looking to other people and other States to deal with YOUR problem.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

So, you've stooped to bible thumping to get your agenda out...it makes sense now. You'd prefer violence to negotiation in anything concerning a state you've written off as ungodly.....:Your words ring false like a tin bell. You have a dark heart, if you have one at all....

Des

edit on 15-5-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I stated to stop whining about it.
Either fix YOUR states problem, Leave the State or Deal with it.

Stop whining, and stop looking to other people and other States to deal with YOUR problem.

And I have already listed several things I do to "deal with it"

When I asked what you do, other than howl. You admitted "nothing"

So again, look in that mirror when it comes to whining. At least actions follow or precede my words.

(What about Texas?)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

A report from 2010, in today's economic world, is ancient.

Texas as a whole is seeing a huge migration or Corps into it.
The unemployment there is low, and the State as a whole is booming.

Running a State Budget defect just by itself is not an issue.
A State running a defect, while hemorrhaging money and the large tax paying base (Corps) leaving is the issue.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Well we already know you can raise the bar (aka move the goalpost)

So why not provide a source to your claim, as I did.

Let's not bicker about dates, let your source talk for you!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Oh goody, someone knows a little about semantics.

So start electing people that can run a State Govt.

My choice for CA?

Kick all the Illegals out.
Reform all social programs.
Restructure State Govt and streamline it.
Get rid of the In State tuition for Illegals.
Get rid of the ridiculous Gun Laws.
Reform the State Tax Code.

For a start at least.

But again, CA is free to do what it sees fit. I am for States Rights.
But.................when the state fails, the state fails.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

Well we already know you can raise the bar (aka move the goalpost)

So why not provide a source to your claim, as I did.

Let's not bicker about dates, let your source talk for you!

I am not going to do your homework.

Go pick any economic base media service and do a review of Texas.

It is very easy to see that Texas is doing good.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Again I am asking for you to provide a source that Texas has a "booming ecomomy" (I think that is what you called it)

I showed that it did not, while my data is old it is at least data and not "opinion".

So do you have a source? Or did you just pull that fact out of the same box you use to make mass generalizations about people?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I am not going to do your homework.

Actually you made the claim, so it would have been your homework. But here!

The Texas economy added 237,100 nonagricultural jobs from March 2011 to March 2012, an annual growth rate of 2.3 percent compared with 1.5 percent for the United States. The state's nongovernment sector added 291,900 jobs, an annual growth rate of 3.4 percent compared with 2 percent for the nation's private sector.

2.3 growth for Texas

1.5 for United States Average

291,900 jobs

3.4 growth (vs 2)
recenter.tamu.edu...

Overall, the report forecasts that California will see economic growth of 1.5 percent this year, and will add 200,000 jobs, with the unemployment rate averaging 11.1 percent.

www.reuters.com...

1.5 growth for California (vs 1.5 average (OMG!!!1!!1one!))
200,000 jobs

Unfortunatly, due to everyones hate for California I could not find more detailed without a longer hunt. And since this is your homework, I don't care if it gets an A.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Here you go Junior.
www.google.com...=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=economic+report+of+Texas&oq=economic+report+of+Texas&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=hp.3...1525.8885.0.9457.23.15. 0.7.7.0.199.2482.0j15.15.0...0.0.udyUm1VqsUk&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=61fe8c406b329c8c&biw=1280&bih=892

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Beat ya to it pap!

Appealing to ridicule now, that's kinda low...

As you can see, your claim of Texas doing better than California is true. However, I must also point out how we seem to be following the national average.

Again, let's remove the people that set up the faulty system. Not the people that follow said system, I mean if we are going for them. You better be ready for your cell, cause Obama is doing this crap on a national level and I don't see him being "ousted"

And the way that I am treated, everyone assumes that "ousting is easy". So, get to it! You work on Obama and crew, since that does involve you directly. I will handle California, since as you admit, it is a huge mess itself!

OR you can just sit there and accept your national reaming, while condemning my state poke.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join