It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California deficit has soared to $16 billion, Gov. Jerry Brown says

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
what we are hearing are just the cries of the tortured and damned... pay no mind nor be deceived into thinking they can be helped/saved.

Wow...

You are so sure that everyone here in California deserves "what is coming". Maybe that is one of the reasons I don't really want to move away?

yes California is pretty much all that is wrong with this country today... not counting the extra voices the state gets in Congress.

who would've known "Head West Young Man" was a preconceived conspiracy so they could get all the freaks and hippies in the same place?

if Bin Laden knew anything about what's wrong with this country let alone the infectious disease it was spreading globally, he surely would have set his sights on thew fault line... which I hope HAARP is doing at this very moment!

common Uncle Sam... what's the problem here?!?!

I'm a taxpaying American damit and I want this California issue taken care of with HAARP!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

what we are hearing are just the cries of the tortured and damned... pay no mind nor be deceived into thinking they can be helped/saved.

Wow...

You are so sure that everyone here in California deserves "what is coming". Maybe that is one of the reasons I don't really want to move away?

yes California is pretty much all that is wrong with this country today... not counting the extra voices the state gets in Congress.

who would've known "Head West Young Man" was a preconceived conspiracy so they could get all the freaks and hippies in the same place?

if Bin Laden knew anything about what's wrong with this country let alone the infectious disease it was spreading globally, he surely would have set his sights on thew fault line... which I hope HAARP is doing at this very moment!

common Uncle Sam... what's the problem here?!?!

I'm a taxpaying American damit and I want this California issue taken care of with HAARP!

Am I getting this right? Your solution is for the major faults in Ca. to open up and swallow everyone, good and bad.

Wow....where do you think all our tax dollars would go if that happened....rebuilding Ca., that's where....

To wish total destruction on a vast number of human beings because some of them are self centered greedy jerks, is not the answer. All that would do is place an even larger burden on the rest of the Nation to help reestablish Ca as a viable state again.

Des

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Destinyone

no the mighty Obama will save you... He will rebuild California for his people the Occupiers.

I believe the good to have second sight enough to see when it's time to get the heck out... it is quite possibly already what's happened that's why they're in this situation?

California is more than likely the most self-centered state in the union... they 'the people' wouldn't know how to fix it themselves, they need someone to do it for them.

please move to Canada if you want to survive on the government breast milk

edit on 14-5-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

How you come up with me as a supporter of Obama, is beyond me. I despise Obama, am a conservative Republican...you are so quick to paste labels on anyone who doesn't agree with you, aren't you.

I am a human being who lived through the Loma Prieta EQ in San Fran. I saw first hand what a major EQ does to people, and wouldn't wish it on anyone. BTW, I moved away from Ca. 15 years ago, as I already posted in this thread, if you had bothered to read it.

Why don't you grow some compassion, and stop wishing wide spread destruction on millions of people.....and stop jumping to conclusions that make you look very ignorant.

Des

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Mary has compassion... it's not a manly trait.

all honey has been milked from California, I am for invading such a rogue state, yes that's right... American troops on American soil!

California has given us the best it has had to offer and we thank them for the classics we really do. Sadly the coc aine parties are coming to a close as do all things.

Life is like a circle. Cali's time has passed... it is kind of sad to see them treading I'll admit.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I think Mahatma Gandhi would disagree with you. I've met many a man with compassion. Stop labeling people to fit your personal narrow point of view.

Des

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The biggest problem with Calif is that people are leaving and taking there businesses with them because of the high cost of doing business in Calif.
As soon as i get two homes sold i am leaving for Texas.

Calif is a case study for how bad the democrats can screw up a state.

I have ran two small businesses in Calif and the state put me out of business both times. i could not compeat with businesses in states like Nevada or Texas.

I am now disabled and because of all the cost of the taxes and the cost of calif regulations i can not run a part time small business(2 to 4 hours a day) but my health will not allow me to run a business full time (8+ hours a day)
So the tax payers pay me not to work.(disablity check.)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
The biggest problem with Calif is that people are leaving and taking there businesses with them because of the high cost of doing business in Calif.
As soon as i get two homes sold i am leaving for Texas.

good idea! let them nick the "new Americans" for all they got in their wallet...

oh that's right, Illegal pre-American citizens get tax free businesses for 7 years.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Well, other than howl, what do you do change things?

(I have asked that four? times now...)

Sure is easy to spout ignorant viewpoints, but that technically isn't "taking care of issues".

Or are you like a Californian, and want your issues handled for you?
edit on 5/14/2012 by adigregorio because: what your TO want your (What an odd mess up...)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Well, other than howl, what do you do change things?

(I have asked that four? times now...)

first off... I am a Commonwealth citizen, which gives me the right to have a superior sarcastic attitude and a patriotic demeanor.

California still thinks it is the voice of the nation... heck for the world for that matter.

what do I do? well son I'll tell you what I do... I voice my opinion and stand to fight communism at home and abroad, I believe in Liberty and Equality. (and that goes for the House speakers too, each state should have the same number of representatives)

if California were a country it would be the 8th largest economy in the world, but the rest of this nation or the world for that matter is supposed to mourn with the limited few who are actually an embarrassment on the world stage?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

A collective is nothing more than an idea, which isn't even relevant to this discussion. I have nothing to do with the govenrment allowing bankers to make bad bets with taxpayer money long before I was even alive. I have nothing to do with it and it is not my fault, stop trying to blame me or the "collective". Blame the people that were directly responsible for the specific actions.

It's like blaming a women for getting raped because she didn't carry a bottle of pepper spray with her.

edit on 14-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Sure is easy to spout ignorant viewpoints, but that technically isn't "taking care of issues".
the police should be able to generate enough revenue... isn't that what California does (its place in our nation) come up with new laws all day to bleed the populous dry and then in turn have the rest of the nation look to them from enacting such laws with their sway of the majority in Congress.

Or are you like a Californian, and want your issues handled for you?
I am a American Virginian, traveling this great nation I have come to realize even the nations police forces have a different respect for Va license plates

I'd rather have Uncle Sam take care of this one issue for me... in one swift decisive move, less casualties that way.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

first off... I am a Commonwealth citizen, which gives me the right to have a superior sarcastic attitude and a patriotic demeanor.

Oh, I didn't know there were defined rights for being a jerk! Could you link me to them please?

Not that you are a jerk, just that jerks tend to be sarcastic, and arrogant--er patriotic!

(Guess those rights, well they protect me to! All the more reason to source them!)

California still thinks it is the voice of the nation... heck for the world for that matter.

What's wrong with that, you seem to think you are the voice of that same nation. And you are alot less than a whole state of folks!

what do I do? well son I'll tell you what I do... I voice my opinion and stand to fight communism at home and abroad, I believe in Liberty and Equality. (and that goes for the House speakers too, each state should have the same number of representatives)

Well I said other than howl. Just "voicing an opinion" (Thanks for admitting this is far from fact!) is in essense "howling". What actual change have you contributed to, like the "touchy feely" stuff I have listed. You have any comparable acts that show you indeed want change. I mean you admitted to wanting uncle Sam to handle it for you, I assume that means the change. You realize this kind of change isn't a diaper, right?

if California were a country it would be the 8th largest economy in the world, but the rest of this nation or the world for that matter is supposed to mourn with the limited few who are actually an embarrassment on the world stage?

Where did I say, or anyone else say, that you must mourn. Also, mourning is another form of "howling", it is just a lot of noise, an little action.

But, that is what everyone complains Californians do. Perhaps a mirror should be used?

Lastly, California won't fall into the ocean due to an earthquake. So the posters hoping for that kind of a tragedy shall be dissapointed:

Source for my claims!

Q: Will California eventually fall off into the ocean?

A: No. The San Andreas Fault System, which crosses California from the Salton Sea in the south to Cape Mendocino in the north, is the boundary between the Pacific Plate and North American Plate. The Pacific Plate is moving northwest with respect to the North American Plate at approximately 46 millimeters per year (the rate your fingernails grow). The strike-slip earthquakes on the San Andreas Fault are a result of this plate motion. The plates are moving horizontally past one another, so California is not going to fall into the ocean. However, Los Angeles and San Francisco will one day be adjacent to one another!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Oh, I didn't know there were defined rights for being a jerk! Could you link me to them please?

Not that you are a jerk, just that jerks tend to be sarcastic, and arrogant--er patriotic!

sorry it's a divine right... you wouldn't understand, as my constitution has granted me the right to voice my opinion against you, your beliefs and your ungodly state!

least now some know we have 2 so far who are a bit uptight or embarrassed about their status of being Californians... makes me wonder why?

calling me a jerk and actually breaking out the stones first by calling names is by all means a whiny Californians right... shame on you still!

they are very good at this whining business too... maybe Mary will listen?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You seemed to have missed the rest of my other post, must be all that divine light in your eyes....OH you said divine 'r'ight!!

Riiiiggghhhht

Anyway, you seem to be implying that I said you could not voice your opinion (again, thank you for admitting this is far from fact!). You have your right (for now, though California isn't taking those rights away) to do these things.

Anyway! What was the topic again! Oh yeah the horrible habbits of the people in charge of California! Too bad the residents have to suffer on two fronts, one from the fat cats...the other from their countrymen.

Divide TO (not and) conqure, this "us versus them" mental programming is out of hand, for sure.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You seemed to have missed the rest of my other post, must be all that divine light in your eyes....OH you said divine 'r'ight!!

Riiiiggghhhht

yes you are almost there... meaning a self appointed right, granted by freedom of speech.

ever heard of it? I bet not being from California and all ya know...

freedom of speech is how we all keep eachother in check btw, try it sometime instead of the turds that are coming out of your mouth, you sound like a million other occupiers

did you know that it is actually scientific fact that the majority of human beings are 'followers' ? meaning they really do not have any freewill or free thought of their own. Most do not even realize they are riding others coat tails repeating whats been said before generation to generation.

I blame drugs for California, such as Canada... and I apologize here on the world stage to any of the residents of planet earth who may be reading this... !!! I AM SORRY FOR CALIFORNIA !!!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

PS; when I don't read the whole of your posts let alone back-posts, it has something to do with initial posturings and opening wordings.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

yes you are almost there... meaning a self appointed right, granted by freedom of speech.

ever heard of it? I bet not being from California and all ya know...

Well, since you admitted to not reading my posts:

I spent most of my life in Indiana
True, I was born here. But you are not suggesting that where I came out of a vagina has anything to do with my personality, are you?

PS: If you read, you learn. Therefore reading all of something, well then you learn all of something.

freedom of speech is how we all keep eachother in check btw, try it sometime instead of the turds that are coming out of your mouth, you sound like a million other occupiers

Wait, so when I exersize my freedom of speech it is "turds"? Methinks you should check that mirror again, though it was at the bottom of one of my posts, which you admitted to not reading...

Anyway, you seem to think I agree with the Occupy movement...Again, something remedied by reading things fully. Try turning off that divine light!

did you know that it is actually scientific fact that the majority of human beings are 'followers' ? meaning they really do not have any freewill or free thought of their own. Most do not even realize they are riding others coat tails repeating whats been said before generation to generation.

Aye, and you seem to be a shining example of this...

I blame drugs for California, such as Canada... and I apologize here on the world stage to any of the residents of planet earth who may be reading this... !!! I AM SORRY FOR CALIFORNIA !!!

Drugs? You really think the problem is so simple?

Wow...

(Are we talking prescription drugs? (I bet not
))

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Is this news really surprising given the fact that he said this?

The conventional viewpoint says we need a jobs program and we need to cut welfare. Just the opposite! We need more welfare and fewer jobs. Jobs for every American is doomed to failure because of modern automation and production. We ought to recognize it and create an income-maintenance system so every single American has the dignity and the wherewithal for shelter, basic food, and medical care. I’m talking about welfare for all.

He also lets illegals take up college slots that California citizens should have.
edit on 5/15/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Do you have anything useful to add to this discussion?

I see a lot of people bagging on California.

Have any of you EVER been to California? Or are you going by everything that your favorite right-wing blowhards write about?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join