It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters brace for confrontation with police at upcoming NATO summit in Chicago:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I think they only moved the g8 two months ago...don't really know why.

Chicago cops couldn't be more pleasant and helpful to out of towners...the people in your video must of been really obnoxious for them to raise their voices.

and the city swarms with law enforcement, even when nothing special is happening. they may outnumber the protesters to be honest.

Chicago cops pleasant? Ever? Not my experience.

The city DOESN'T swarm with cops. I've been downtown during the run of the mill large events and they have a hard time even handling that.

They'll put about 25 cops on horses - it will look pretty impressive in pictures but horses aren't going to stop a large crowd.

I will say one thing it might end up being nothing. The occupy camp was pretty wimpy.

Everyone is so focused on the protesters, they have forgotten about terrorism.

Never mind the 18 year old tossing a paint ball - we are all forgetting this is NATO.

You know the group that decides who should be bombed?

So I say don't worry too much about protests - think about other things. With the major train network and the city being almost landlocked by the lake and rivers, it would be very easy to create a major disruption.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

Watching protests are fun...gives the little ones a chance to burn off some steam.

I don't pay attention to NATO or think that NATO has done something...organizations are inanimate objects and incapable of committing crimes and if even they could commit a crime they couldn't enjoy any benefit from having committed it.

people's focus lacks precision...that's why protests are often just interactive entertainment for the participants and observers.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

except for the one time when I found myself lying face down with an undercover detective's gun trained on me...my experience with Chicago cops has been pretty good. even with that one experience...after they realized they'd made a mistake, they apologized and off I went.

and downtown Chicago is swarming with cops...not just city, but county, state and federal...probably intelligence agents, moles, snitches and informers.

ultimately protesters will realize Chicago is not the place to take their beliefs to seriously.

the weather's going to be fantastic and local businesses await the protesters money.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by donlashway

Watching protests are fun...gives the little ones a chance to burn off some steam.

I don't pay attention to NATO or think that NATO has done something...organizations are inanimate objects and incapable of committing crimes and if even they could commit a crime they couldn't enjoy any benefit from having committed it.

people's focus lacks precision...that's why protests are often just interactive entertainment for the participants and observers.

It's not the protesters I worry about, it's the government.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111

Adam Smith proposed that people make the decision which is in their own best interest. While there are exceptions to this notion, this site having many examples of that exception, Chicago has seen many protests and at this time in this city's history...it's leader's obviously have no intention of ruining its brand or allowing its brand to be ruined as an international city by beating up obnoxious kids.

Its Mayor, is the former White House Chief of Staff of the current President.

both the protesters and the government it confronts this week will be watched closely by the whole world.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

If this were a protest to counter either/and/or both political parties... I could support it. But NATO?

Just another step in destabilizing the west for the one world government. NATO must fall just as the US constitution must before we can be under a single boot heel.

Idiots on parade.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Apparently, Mumia Abu Jamal, spoke, by telephone, to what's called a People's Summit at a protester compound in the city...he couldn't attend personally, of course, because he's serving a life sentence for murdering a cop.

...well, this is certainly off to a good start.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

I don't understand the point of a protest to begin with. Protesting what? Except to give the Martial Law radicals more reason to implement what they are preparing to implement. If people actually care about what is happening in this country and around the world.Their time and energy would be better spent protesting the Bilderburg meeting in Virginia. Let Soros pay for his goons to show up in Chicago get their heads bashed. They won't continue for long its not worth any amount of money. Let Rahm look like the fool he is and show up in Virgina where it might actually mean something.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I've been warning about this for quite some time considering that most people do not realize who is in control during The Summit. DHS has placed complete control into the hands of the Secret Service and the FBI. There will be zero tolerance. Pure and Simple. Private entities have also hired private security firms to protect their physical assets as well (offices, apts, condos etc). Don't cross the threshold. ..

The Black Bloc crowd is hell bent on raising the necessary ruckus. Everyone else will simply get caught up in the melee.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Yeah.. I was going to comment to OP about his response to the vid I posted but I will reply to yours and save time.

The cops in the video weren't just "raising their voices" they were talking about past abuses, talking about bashing heads with billy clubs, and threatening the kids saying they will be looking for them at the protest.

OP I think you should watch it again I really don't see how all you got out of it was cops raising their voices. DId you watch it? They actually didn't raise their voices at all, but came off very hostile and threatening in a soft spoken way that made it all the more creepy. They were very threatening talking about what happened in chicago in 68, talked about bashing heads in, and said they would be looking for them (the people they had pulled over) at the protests (essentially threatening them).
edit on 14-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
So wait......let me get this STRAIGHT....the G8 is at Camp David and NATO is in Chicago? Doesn't it seem like that should be the opposite way around? Shouldn't NATO be at Camp David and the G8 in Chicago? Why are they protecting the G8 while NATO goes unprotected...so to speak?

I'm guessing, if SHTF with protestors...NATO forces would be on the READY. No? Basically, all the action will be taking place in Chicago....when the REAL action should be taken place at Camp David! And, for those of you that think: "martial law could never happen on U.S. soil", let me remind you of NAZI GERMANY!

P.S.: Don't bring a knife to a gun battle! No, better yet....."FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE!"

Ah, who are we kidding.....ain't gon' be no riots. People have lost their testicular fortitude. Besides....the NBA playoffs are here.

Brainfart: Interesting how the #1 seeded CHICAGO BULLS lost, in the 1st round of the playoffs....to the #8 seeded Philadelphia 76er's. Coincidence?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

i was just thinking that its a cultural difference...the cops sound completely normal to me and the exchange is consistent with what anyone who visits this city should expect when you have a possible conflict; especially with a cop. that's how its done in Chicago...

in Chicago, Cops get shot at and from time to time find themselves in gun battles with heavily armed gangbangers and i'm not talking rap/hip hop style gangbangers but GANGBANGERS.

being that the protesters, at least some of them, have decided that Abu Mumia Jamal, a cop killer serving life in prison, is their Idol and inspiration for living...i'm not really certain how cordially they should reasonably expect to be treated.

anyway...have fun.

edit on 14-5-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join