It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters brace for confrontation with police at upcoming NATO summit in Chicago:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I must admit...I'm excited...

Various blowhards from across the World will descend upon my home court to let us know what's up...

...I really want to see how serious they are about what they believe in.

This whole thing is almost like the hype that precedes a Heavy Weight Boxing Match...who's gonna get knocked out?

www.foxnews.com...

The battle drums can already be heard in Chicago, as police and protestors plan for the NATO summit later this month.
"War is going to break out on the streets," one demonstrator excitedly told Fox News. “Big plans are being made.”
It's anyone's guess whether such bluster is mere pre-protest posturing or the prelude to a serious confrontation. But Chicago is shaping up this month as the latest focal point in the debate over economic policy and the movement known as Occupy.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's almost as if us young folks get to experience first hand what our Grandparents dealt with...whether for or against...

...i didn't much pay attention to the anti-war protests that came through during the build up of the Iraq War...but, I just may make a trip downtown to see if you guys can pump up the volume like you do on this site.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This could be the testing ground for Martial Law and to see how the people react to it, how long will they protest, etc.

If they do launch Martial Law and the people accept it in the long run or just give up the fight, the rest is history and there will be no turning back.

I can honestly say that I expect blood shed on both sides. The only problem is that the blood on the side of the protestors will be seen by many as deserving because it will be spun through the MSM as such. But once a cop gets a scratch it will be used as justification to start laying boots to helpless people.

Unless the protestors have something up their sleeves that we are not aware of...
Man, I hope so.

SnF my friend.

Peace

edit on 12-5-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Martial Law???

I'm expecting it to be very uneventful...I may joke about cops beating hippies in the street, but they won't have to.

I think the protesters are all talk. sure, there may be a handful of rowdy nitwits in the crowd, but Chicago isn't really the place for European style mobs.

Watch your step on the Bridges.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I thought the moved the summit to be held at Camp David like days ago? At least it was reported.

source
edit on 13-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I will say this.. I think the police will crack down hard. I don't think that the summit was moved so the world leaders won't see the protestors.. I think it was moved so they don't see how hard the riot police come down on them.

Here is a little foreshadowing for you guys.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

G8 is at Camp David.

Nato is still coming to Chicago next weekend.

If you find the time away from your protests and are on your way here, visit Millennium Park and take a stroll along the Lake front. Be sure to pick up after yourself.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Chicago's Loop is a concrete and steel box, the protesters will be herded like cattle. The city could raise the Bridges to inhibit mobility and shut down rail so no one could get in or out.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I hate what they've done already... removing mailboxes, etc. Effectively turning the city into a prison.
All this time though, I can't help but wonder if the mayor Rahm Emanuel is encouraging all the hype about the danger and violence, encouraging the local news to keep increasing the hype, and then when nothing really happens and the City isnt completely destroyed as he's been encouraging the press to lead everyone to believe, he'll just claim it was because of of his superb leadership and preparedness. And of course, all the lemmings will believe him. He's one very shrewd and slippery character.
edit on 13-5-2012 by jupiter869 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2012 by jupiter869 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I really hope nothing happens. Chitcago already takes the vast majority of money from this State. I don't want my tax dollars rebuilding the city!

I wish we could break off into two State's, but that's for another thread.

I pray that everyone in the Chicago area stays safe, but if shtf, don't come south, go north! Please...Thanks in advance!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Ah that isn't me.
I have been to Chi town before though. Once to visit a former girlfriend from Peru Illinois and another time to go to lollapalooza. I forget what park that was at though.

But yeah.. I was thinking it was the same summit looks like you are right though. So they were holding them both in Chicago this year?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I think it may very well get bad in Chicago. It's hard to predict, but the way the cops in that video are talking and threatening we may see some protestor deaths. You can hear the hate in their voices they sound thirsty and talk about bashing peoples heads in. They want this they want to dress up in that riot gear and beat these people badly.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I think they only moved the g8 two months ago...don't really know why.

Chicago cops couldn't be more pleasant and helpful to out of towners...the people in your video must of been really obnoxious for them to raise their voices.

and the city swarms with law enforcement, even when nothing special is happening. they may outnumber the protesters to be honest.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I already posted this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I wonder how many cameras will get "confiscated" ?

Or how many lenses will get "shattered"

Federal appeals court: Illinois cannot enforce ban on recording police officers

Just in time

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

I think they only moved the g8 two months ago...don't really know why.

Chicago cops couldn't be more pleasant and helpful to out of towners...the people in your video must of been really obnoxious for them to raise their voices.

and the city swarms with law enforcement, even when nothing special is happening. they may outnumber the protesters to be honest.

Tne NATO summit was moved to Chicago, Obama's idea, in order to coincide with the G8. However, the G8 got moved to Camp David because of security fears, leaving NATO in Chicago and separate from the G8. Also, Obama thought that having the G8 at Camp David would assuage concerns by the Russian government about the missile defense shield.

In the end, the Russian president pulled out of NATO & the G8 anyway, and the violence predicted for the G8 has been pushed over to the NATO summit, which never got moved. So, seems like a mess to me.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Obama, Chicago, NATO summit, insane levels of totalitarian control...

Sounds like a recipe for a false flag to me...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
Obama, Chicago, NATO summit, insane levels of totalitarian control...

Sounds like a recipe for a false flag to me...

With you on this one. There is too much happening that is odd. I could start a whole thread on it, but what good would it do? If anything happens, it happens, just need to know what side to be on if anything does.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

So what's the problem with NATO?
Libya wasn't pretty sure... But that's history not going to change it... Protest the missile defense around Russia?
Maybe all the money used to make up the _stans? and harvesting the females, providing routes to market them?
I don't see an issue? Who knows what there is to protest about?

The G8, bunch of old lunatics playing monopoly, with peoples lives, who's got any money left to give them?
edit on 13-5-2012 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join