It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So.Cal camping?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hello, I am wondering if anyone happens to know a good place to do some camping in southern California.
By camping i mean mostly survival stuff, bare minimum equipment, building my own shelter, having a fire,and not at a camp site but off a trail type thing, stuff like this.
Does anyone know a good area?
I'm in the riverside county area and can travel a bit.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by blackgoldwolf

Well the FBI agent who ran off with his gun that every body is looking for is in the Verdugo mountains.

Stephen R Ivens

edit on 12-5-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Wait, what? You gotta link for that story with the FBI agent?

As far as camping...I haven't been in Socal in about 5 years now, but I spent 6 years out there in San Diego and traveling all over. If you head towards El Cajon and head east of there a ways, then just find an exit you like and head into the mountains..you should be able to get yourself out where you want to be.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Has anyone here camped or been up to Iydllwild? It seems like a decent place for what i want.

"Primitive Camping

Thomas Mountain; Number of Sites: 6; Elevation: 6,800; Vegetation: Pines; Toilet: None; Water: None; Fee: $0; [Good mountain back road exploration & pretty secluded spots] Hwy.74 east, pass Lake Hemet, right turn onto Forest Service Rd.#6S13 for 4 miles & left on Forest Service Rd.#5S13 & go 3 miles to the camping area.

Boulder Basin; Number of Sites: Few; Elevation: 6,500; Vegetation: Pines; Toilet: None; Water: None; Fee: $0; [Good mountain. Back road exploration & pretty secluded spots] Idyllwild 9 miles north on Hwy.243, right turn onto Forest Service Rd.#4S01."

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
wow, never mind i just read the rest of your post
edit on 5/12/12 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackgoldwolf
Hello, I am wondering if anyone happens to know a good place to do some camping in southern California.
By camping i mean mostly survival stuff, bare minimum equipment, building my own shelter, having a fire,and not at a camp site but off a trail type thing, stuff like this.
Does anyone know a good area?
I'm in the riverside county area and can travel a bit.

no can do Meho,,,fires in designated areas only...if you really want to test your sprite hit the Pacific Coast Trail

My self, best I can do to connect with earth is Hemet Lake, funny thing there I can watch people catch fish there all day and never get a bite

doing an overnighter next week

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blackgoldwolf

There is alot of desert in SoCal where you can practice surviving.
Enjoy!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
ill check out the pacific coast trail. As for the SoCal desert....hate it, i love the woods

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackgoldwolf
ill check out the pacific coast trail. As for the SoCal desert....hate it, i love the woods

But...but...but....what if after a SHTF situation there are no woods left, or near you......you need to learn what you don't like too.

jmoho....Des

edit on 14-5-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join