It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Firefox/Chrome extension gives you visual representation of all sites that track you

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I ran across this awesome tool today and just thought I'd share it. This is a new extension for Firefox and Chrome that gives you a visual representation of all tracking sites that try to mine your information and the shows the connections between them. Anyone who has any concern for how their personal data is pillaged and shared across tracking sites and ad servers should get this app immediately, IMO. From the description: Visualize the invisible websites that track you. Thousands of companies and organizations secretly collect your personal data when you use the web, creating a shadow web of connections between sites you go to and trackers you probably never heard of. Collusion for Chrome graphs the spread of your data from sites to trackers, in real time, to expose these hidden connections. Instructions: Browse the web as usual. The toolbar icon will animate if the graph changes. Click the icon to see the graph. Or watch the embedded video. In addition to showing you all the connections between tracking sites, it allows you the option of blocking any of them you choose. I already have most ad servers blocked in my hosts file, but not all tracking sites are ad servers, so this goes a step further. Firefox version: www.mozilla.org... Chrome version: chrome.google.com...

I'd be suspicious of that.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Nightwalk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i opted for the DO NOT TRACK option ,ore than several days ago

google and facebook have lots of tracking bots that you probably were not aware of... thinking that 'i never use either website" guess again,

tracking data can come from 'friends' that use facebook and click 'like' or the same friends that also e-mail you
the tracking itself is in the cloud computing arena...therefore unavoidable

come on to the forum here and my eyeball icon at the top right of screen has the yellow boxed #2 in it (google #1 & google analytics)
go to other sites and the icon changes accordingly,
but i have not deliberately blocked any tracking bots yet although the ability exists, just by clicking the bar
edit on 13-5-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

good lord man i understand your concern but some of you ATS'ers are mad. how do you live with that level of paranoia?

what if my sandwhich has a secret transmitter in it collecting details about my inner working and health and sending them to TBTB???

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Funny when I visit ATS, Youtube is instantly notified. Must be because of the yt links.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Pretty cool if you ask me. Done. Thank you much OP !

SnF

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Finally, a chance to see which of the spooks in Langley are monitoring my data!

Yes, I feel so privileged!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Now I have to investigate each one. I need code cracking software and can anyone get me into NORAD ?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Originally posted by starchild10
I use Firefox and can recommend ghostery
www.ghostery.com...
Best thing I ever did when I installed this.
edit on 13-5-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

Yeah. Ghostery works great with Safari too!
edit on 13-5-2012 by ogbert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infernalis
reply to post by BigBruddah

Seriously, would you people STFU about the reposts and just stop clicking them. I hadn't heard about this, it being reposted was useful to me. Some of us, don't spend our entire lives on this website. Go outside or something.

Here here, it's like listening to people complain about crappy TV when they know where the off button is.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
using Collusion right now !

Ats with

Quantcast

www.quantcast.com

"Quantcast (www.quantcast.com) provides services to online marketers and media companies that helps them better understand general web audience characteristics and deliver advertising to groups of people based on broad demographic, geographic or interest-based insights. The company's innovative direct-measurement approach generates publically available traffic and audience profiles for millions of Web destinations. Quantcast also provides solutions that help manage the delivery of advertising in real-time so that advertisers can reach relevant audiences with a projected set of characteristics across the Web. Participants in the Quantcast measurement and/or ad delivery service are required to include appropriate notification in their privacy policies."

deliver advertising to groups of people based on broad demographic, geographic or interest-based insights.

at Ads to your liking !

of where you have been lately

Before Facebook ... ?

Just like Mark Zukerburg Little Program he made for Free for People's Liking in Music !!
Synapse Media Player

Synapse Media Player: Mark Zuckerberg's Music App

The application is called Synapse Media player and it is basically an app that uses artificial intelligence to learn the user’s listening habits and then recommends music based on the tastes of the listener. It works pretty much like last.fm does.

www.geeknaut.com...

well The FBI CIA NSA and Other Dark Branches Of Government
They have Monitored Me all the Time So what ...

we been living in a 1984 Orwellian World Since the 80s and most don't even known it ...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hi, thank you for this i'm glad I ran into this post. Too those people saying its been posted before,, is it that bad someone else posted it??? Like iv never ran into another post about this before and still would not have heard about it for who knows how long if the OP didn't post it. Sometimes things get lost or not viewed and if you have never heard of it how would you know to search for it? You wouldn't so for people who are not going threw every single post its good having new ones made that WILL be seen, of course if its a popular post then its on the front page and on other pages and then IS annoying to see doubles.

One question I have though is... Does this make it so the stupid video adds on ATS STOP working/playing/not be there, because those scare me when its quiet an ATS refreshes itself ALOT an those adds start playing without me pressing play... Probably the wrong app for this but doesn't hurt to ask...

For the site this is it sure is weird they have sooooooo many adds everywhere and trackers and i'm honestly starting to think ATS is slowing down my computer, anyone else have that trouble? Hope not as this is one of the only sites I really like..

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

. I need code cracking software and can anyone get me into NORAD ?

Yes but I would have to kill you

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Finally, a chance to see which of the spooks in Langley are monitoring my data!

Yes, I feel so privileged!

More importantly it allows you to not share your data with sites which may turn around and share it with Langley. It's a known fact that Google is totally in bed with the CIA and NSA so anything you share with Google you're pretty much indirectly sharing with the federal government.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
is this safe?

how do i know its not some kind of scam to virus up my computer?

what if the extension ITSELF, opens up the portal to being tracked better by these scumbags, because they specifically want to track those who don't want to be tracked?
edit on 12-5-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

I reccomend the add on "ghostery", it not only notifies you, but lets you disable them

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Works for me. They say curiosity kills the cat and I figure I gotta die of something ! Old age damn sure doesn't look like any fun so off to NORAD we shall go ! And have bloody adventures !

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Works for me. They say curiosity kills the cat and I figure I gotta die of something ! Old age damn sure doesn't look like any fun so off to NORAD we shall go ! And have bloody adventures !

Now you have put me on the spot
Errr Ummm - No my Mom says I have not to go to NORAD or I will be grounded
She says I am not to play with terrorists anymore after the last incident when I came home with scuffed knees and torn T shirt

edit on 13-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Ya, my wife also said no .. She never lets me do anything.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Just as well we can not go - look at what my Do not track add on is saying

Do Not Track PlusSpread the word
abovetopsecret.com
2 ad networks tracking you: 2 blocked
4 companies tracking you: 4 blocked
Excellent! Your all-time total is:
96,201 blocked
HOWEVER THE CIA and NORAD have accessed your computer and are sending round the boys

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Tell the boys I'll be ready.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join