It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Firefox/Chrome extension gives you visual representation of all sites that track you

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Holy crap ATS likes to pass our info on lol.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Something interesting happened.

Downloaded the extension. Went to Daily Paul which I visit regularly.

I opened then I typed in Israel in my browser.

Checked the graph to see if anything was tracking me.

israelmb.org is. The Israeli embassy in Washington. It has a line to a Facebook icon (I don't have a Facebook account) then THAT line goes straight to the Daily Paul icon/circle.

So the Israeli Embassy, Daily Paul, and Facebook icons are linked.

Odd

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

It's amazing how much all these different sites are linked!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I use Firefox and can recommend ghostery
www.ghostery.com...
Best thing I ever did when I installed this.
edit on 13-5-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Indeed, and AWESOME addon.

There are many geniuses in the field... It's my opinion that about 20 years ago MANY programmers
were snatched up and out of general private employment, self employment or just programming cool
FREE apps and were seduced by the Dark Side's big money and poor unfortunate brilliant geeks
sold out so that they could be on the bleeding edge of tech, developing, making fistfuls of loot, and gaining
irrelevant prestige working in compartmentalized cubicles for the überLeetz that have too much money
to spend.

A rare find in this day and age...

I'll pose this question... Who do think developed this web in the first place? Not WWW web
the "underweb" if you will... Where did all the masterful programmers from the silicon valley colleges
and universities go when they graduated (over the last 20+ years)?

I would certainly like to trust this addon... Makes me wonder though... What's in it for them?
Whistleblowers? Crushing the advertising sector? Who would be pissed off by this addon?

[color=gold]***** AdBlock+, NoScript, and a huge HOSTS file are a great defense.
***** AV (I prefer McAfee Enterprise) Every tech company that I've worked uses
McAfee Enterprise.
(No AVG, Symantec, Panda etc... Wouldn't surprise me if Symantec uses McAfee as well.=)

Thanks for the heads up... S&F as always!!!
edit on 5·13·12 by DrMattMaddix because: ... Colorizing

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

Terms and Conditions of Use
edit on Sun May 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
I use Firefox and can recommend ghostery
www.ghostery.com...
Best thing I ever did when I installed this.
edit on 13-5-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

I heard that, use it myself. I agree Internet tracking is getting bad, no only when logged into ATS, but everywhere you go. I go to a great deal of trouble to hide myself on the Internet, and think every user should teach themselves how to accomplish this. They cannot track, or Spam you if they can only see your Provider Server. To get you, they need a physical IP address, and a MAC address, and in some cases, not they can GEO Locate you via satellite. Once that is done, they, the NSA, can engage the infrared filter and see right into your house, the heat signatures of your human bodies, your dope, your gunpowder......watch a film called "Enemy of the State" with Will Smith. Take all the Tech you see in that movie and multiply that by a factor of 1000. Now you have an idea of their capability?
If things go on as they are now, soon hiding will be impossible. There is already a plan to make us provide a fingerprint to log onto the Internet.
When I installed Fedora, there is was, Fingerprint Reader.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Darn it!! I knew writing a thread about colition would have bumped my flags lol

After 3 days of using it, I could literally see hundreds of tracking sites!!

It must be thousands by now

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I've been using a tracking system for a while now. The FIRST thing I did was block google anything but particularly analytics. BTW, its interesting to see how much tracking is done on the ATS site!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Darn it!! I knew writing a thread about colition would have bumped my flags lol

After 3 days of using it, I could literally see hundreds of tracking sites!!

It must be thousands by now

Flags and stars are only used to feed the egos of members anyway

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

To sum up your post.

"wah wah wah
I'm going to cry about posts on an internet forum because I have no life and nobody loves me
booo hoooo "

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Youtube seems to be a lot worse then ATS. ATS is only tracking google but youtube is tracking every site I visit. lol

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infernalis
reply to post by BigBruddah

Seriously, would you people STFU about the reposts and just stop clicking them. I hadn't heard about this, it being reposted was useful to me. Some of us, don't spend our entire lives on this website. Go outside or something.

...ok, i just shot coffee out my nose from laughing....yeah, sometimes it gets a little anal here on
ATS

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
First I've heard about it, I'll check it out. Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Youtube seems to be a lot worse then ATS. ATS is only tracking google but youtube is tracking every site I visit. lol

YouTube is part of Google.. Google is a huge tracker.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I added the first one that was suggested for google chrome and had 1 site tracking me, added ghostery and am connected to the world , woo hoo..

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this! I have heard, but was not aware that it was operational.

It's a good tool that helps empower an individual user. I like it. Anything to help, at this point. Corporations have way too much influence over perceptions these days.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

So you can STOP these websites from tracking you? If so, I'm going on safari, and not the browser.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Collusion is legit, and very helpful.

There are several add-ons I'd recommend that you use with collusion for maximum tracking safety.

I'd name what they are, but I'm sure exposing ad-companies that support ATS would be a violation of TOS

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

Originally posted by ProRipp
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Its safe ! Go to add ons in firefox and search !
Its kosher !

Peace

sure THEY would say its safe, but is it Really Really safe, because "they" would obviously want to trick the people.

Enjoy something for once without thinking it's an evil corporate/government tool.

Life is too short to be paranoid.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It's what the newest version of Visual Studio?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join