It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somebody with computer imaging analyzis skills please tell me what this is

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timical
reply to post by Timical

I am in the process of uploading all 7 videos on youtube as requested. One is complete and when the others are posted I think they should somehow be linked if I am not mistaken. Here is what you can search for on youtube to find the first video:

Title: "Unknown Object 1st Video"
Tags: "object, Florida, Timical, strange light, 5-17-2012, What is this? "Video (File Format)"

Thank you Paradox for the link. I will try and download it this weekend or possibly even tonight.

Thank you also Blue Shift for the links you have provided. That is a really good idea for the webcams and may hopefully come in handy. I have thought before if it could be a balloon, but I could not really think of anything to back it up when I considered all of the facts(or at least based on my perception).

I just checked the status after finishing writing this and two are now complete with a third at about 90% uploaded.

While uploading youtube says that it detects bad lighting and offers to fix it. Yes or no?
edit on 18-5-2012 by Timical because: bad lighting question

I would say "yes", but then I'm no photography expert.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

While uploading youtube says that it detects bad lighting and offers to fix it. Yes or no?
If you keep the originals I guess there's no problem in letting YouTube "correct" the lighting.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

All right I will go ahead and let youtube adjust it as I do have the originals on the computer and your idea makes a good point. I just do not want to have to redo anything because I do not know if it can be changed back without having to re-upload the videos.

Update: These are the videos that have had the lighting fixed by youtube:

Videos 2,3,5,and 6 have been fixed.

VIDEO 2 LOOKS LIKE GARBAGE ON YOUTUBE.

Videos 1 and 4 I believe are of the best quality in the bunch and I believe these are the two I am most concerned with being analyzed. After viewing video 4 I stopped checking the quality of the later videos so I do not know if they are the same as when I view them on my computer. Video 4 also has a messed up description in my notes compared to what wrote. I DO believe the object in video 4 is the original object I am after.

IF YOU HAVE THE KNOW HOW, THEN NOW IS THE TIME TO ANALYZE THE VIDEOS. I HAD TO TURN OFF MY LIGHTS AND TILT THE MONITOR TO VIEW THE SCENERY CORRECTLY(PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS).
edit on 18-5-2012 by Timical because: Finally done posting everything, I await for the results.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I just watched the first 3 videos. It is doing the same thing the object I saw was doing.... going away... coming back, repeat. There may be UFOs all over the place getting ready for the big "HELLO!"

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

No worries. My husband isn't jealous at all, we just have kids. Not that I'm saying you're a creeper, we are just extra careful.

I'm off to work, as my screen name says, but I will keep my eyes peeled.

Please, Apple, make the iPad 4 with a bomb-ass camera! My current iPad camera sucks balls at night shots.

edit on 5/18/2012 by Blackjack Baby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Sled, what videos? Where are the videos you guys are discussing????

Can you post them here?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

This is a video I was very excited about. After reviewing them up to video 4, I could not tell which one exactly showed this. I am pretty sure I wrote this down somewhere but cannot locate the information. Please inform me which video it was so I can.... again edit my post to convey all the information clearly. Thank you in advance and for pointing this out. Maybe someone else can verify this as well.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

www.youtube.com... I hope I did that right.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

edit on 5/18/2012 by itsallmaya because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

I'm pretty sure it's the planet Mars. Here's your first four vids:

Video 1:

Video 2:

Video 3:

Video 4:

(Off topic: To embed youtube video in a post, click the VID: YOUTUBE button at the top of a new post box, and it will want a youtube video number. To find that number, look at the URL on youtube, and it's always that part after watch?v=XXXXXXXXXXX. I underlined and bolded the YT vid number for video number four in this example: http :// www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1oUEGVynok&feature=channel&list=UL. You should also click the QUOTE button on this post to see how it's formatted on ATS. Also, to post pics, click the IMAGE button, enter the URL, but change the [ img] [ /img] tags around the url to [ ats] [ /ats]. The img tags gives a link, whereas the ats tags actually display the picture in your post. Hope that helps.)

So I took screenshots of your vids. There are two landmarks I drew vertical lines through, so this is the frame of reference. BTW, I must congratulate you on providing so much footage.

Screenshot 1:

The object is high in the sky, and very close to landmark one.

Screenshot 2:

Roughly an hour later, the object is further right, and lower in the sky.

Screenshot 3:

15 minutes (approx) later, object has barely moved.

Screenshot 4:

Another 15 minutes, (a half hour after Screenshot 2) the object appears lower and further to the right. It's definitely not moving very fast.

So I punched in some rough coordinates for your location into Stellarium, (it's free) and the only object visible looking west with that magnitude happens to be Mars, and it follows the same arc across the sky as your object does.

Stellarium is a 52mb download, so I challenge you to download it, and punch in your exact coordinates. It will show you what is in the sky per your location, and I'm sure you'll have to agree that it is indeed Mars.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Oh, and I forgot to add, the reason the object twinkles like that is because of atmospheric lensing. There is hot and cold air in the atmosphere, as well as clouds, and the interaction causes turbulence in the upper atmosphere. This effect is very apparent in video number one, and the object disappears from view as a cloud passes between our eyesight line of view and the object itself. Ever hear the rhyme, "Twinkle, twinkle, little star?" Stars twinkle because of atmospheric lensing, and so do planets.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

reply to post by sled735

This is a video I was very excited about. After reviewing them up to video 4, I could not tell which one exactly showed this. I am pretty sure I wrote this down somewhere but cannot locate the information. Please inform me which video it was so I can.... again edit my post to convey all the information clearly. Thank you in advance and for pointing this out. Maybe someone else can verify this as well.

It's #2, but I suppose you have seen it by now. Great job!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I love what you have done, however I do have one more video I just took and some concerns I have about the object. I am downloading stellarium right now so I can look up what is happening right now.

pull up stellarium right now and look at where mars is, i will explain in moment
edit on 19-5-2012 by Timical because: Time is of the essence, storm coming in.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I know it is an expensive camera,(price is slowly dropping),but the canon powershot sx40 hs, has an amazing zoom, if you could get hold of one of these, would be a bonus.

The video on this camera also has full zoom, you can get real close too the moons craters, check out this youtube clip

www.youtube.com...

Cannot wait till we get cloudless night skies here in uk so I can try it out, been cloudy everynight since I bought it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

First and foremost, you have exceeded my expectations.
I love how you drew the bars to show the movement of the object. The way you have clearly displayed the information in regards to uploading videos to the site is excellent, as in even I understand it and will be using it momentarily.

Now here are my concerns with what you posted:

I typed in my exact coordinates that I got off of a Google search and put those into stellarium. (So cool,
)
Given how the current time matches up approximately with the previous videos, I assume that what I see right now is the same relative position for the astral bodies right now. After looking at stellarium for a few minutes I took note of where Mars(very high) is and note that I believe that Capella is the best match... BUT THE MOTION DISPLAYED ON STELLARIUM DOES NOT MATCH THAT OF THE OBJECT CURRENTLY. I am not saying it is not Capella(could be retrograde motion, although this is not what stellarium is showing).

The first video, after checking through the thread, I would place the hour of the dusk picture closer to 8:45 p.m. Can you tell me if this changes anything regarding the movement between videos 1 and 2 given the gap in time. Is it possible for you check this and if true, then could you please edit your post to indicate this?

Between the ending of the video recordings and the beginning of the next you have described the movement for everyone. My only concern here is how come between the second and third pictures you posted the object has barely moved(could this be retrograde motion in action) in comparison to all of the others where movement is clear?

I take it that capturing the airplanes on video was not much help in analyzing, sorry.

I fully accept the explanation for atmospheric lensing explaining the twinkle of the stars but not this one. It is very easy to pick out in the night sky in comparison to the twinkling of every other object. This one is far brighter which is why I could capture it on my cell phone, yet could not capture a single star. If you would like, I can take a picture of a star with the ipod and one with the phone for comparison. The mention of video one as an explanation for this I think only applies to this video as the cloud can be seen BUT I believe if a cloud passed between you and plane it would have the same effect. Just saying I do not think that was a good example. Could you look at video 2(much obliged Sled735) where it also "twinkles" and tell if you can pick up a cloud passing in this video for a more valid claim of which you speak? (I am not doubting you, I just want to rule out any possibilities)

(I think I am getting better at all this and am very happy with everything so far)

Colz2000, thank you as this relates to what I am about to explain.

I went to Best Buy today to see the prices of a quality camera where an employee told me the following. For what I am attempting to do, a cheap camera ranges from 700 dollars and up
and mentioned telescopes that can plug into said camera for even better video. I have expected the pricing for such a quality camera to be a few hundred dollars less so that I could possible look into getting the telescope also. Everything added up and I am afraid I cannot afford either item at the moment.
With this being said let me look into what you posted so I can let you know. If the price is too high than I do not think I will be able to convince my wife into letting me get it(shared account).

I will end here but video 8 is up but I do not have time to add anything right now. There is a very good story of what happened last night as I drove around town and took note of the constellations. No video, but I will be honest as I have been doing along. Time to spend with the family and watch a movie, I will hopefully be back afterwards if it is not too late to finish up. Thank you everyone again.

edit on 19-5-2012 by Timical because: Grammar corrections and tried to finish everything.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

The coordinates I used for your location was also based off of a google search, however, they are not the most accurate. If you can get the compass app for your ipod, it will list the EXACT coordinates for your location. I do not recommend sharing them with ATS. Keep them for your own personal use with Stellarium, and be sure to remove identifying information before posting. You have kids, so think about their safety first.

That said, I was looking at the planetary aspect. I didn't highlight stars in Stellarium, but Capella does seem a good fit.

Capella (α Aurigae, α Aur, Alpha Aurigae, Alpha Aur) is the brightest star in the constellation Auriga, the sixth brightest star in the night sky and the third brightest star in the northern celestial hemisphere, after Arcturus and Vega. Although it appears to be a single star to the naked eye, it is actually a star system of four stars in two binary pairs. The first pair consists of two bright, large type-G giant stars, both with a radius around 10 times the Sun's, in close orbit around each other. These two stars are thought to be cooling and expanding on their way to becoming red giants. The second pair, around 10,000 astronomical units from the first, consists of two faint, small and relatively cool red dwarfs.[11][12] The Capella system is relatively close, at only 42.2 light-years (12.9 pc) from Earth.

It's up to you now to use the resources you have to identify it. Stars will also follow an arc across the sky. Got any updates?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Family fell asleep pretty quick so I am back.

Last night, Friday the 18th of May, the object was once again out in plain view. After reading everything that Druid42 posted I was let down(had hoped to hear something else
) and also very happy for the hard work. Following this I went outside to smoke and consider everything that was posted to see if I could better be of any help. While out smoking I was looking at the object and thinking of how I said I would drive around to get a better picture, but thinking about what Druid42 posted I figured it would not be worth my time. Luckily for me the ever so bright object dimmed its lights! (For this instance only I firmly believe this is not atmospheric lensing, nothing to base it on, I just have a gut feeling) At this point I immediately grabbed my keys, looked at the clock(10:03 p.m.), and went in the car for a drive.

My first stop was at a Sam's Club parking lot located on the intersection of Belcher Road and Park Blvd. The object was as directly West from this location that I could tell without using a compass. While parked in the parking lot attempting to get a shot, the lights in the area prevented the object from appearing on camera. After roughly 10 minutes of considering options I jumped in my car and head West on Park Blvd. so as to not pass up this opportunity.

My Second stop was at The Tides Golf Club on 66th avenue north and Evergreen Avenue north in the western end of the parking lot. I figured, using my gps in my car, that this was my best spot for any video hoping that there would not be too much lighting to effect the shots. Sadly, the building has a very bright light on the corner of the building along with the lights in the area in the surrounding area. Due to this, taking any video or pictures was worthless. Now, from this location this is what I witnessed. Nothing to crazy, before you get your hopes, up but certainly worth mentioning.

After looking stellarium sometime ago, I am concluding that I saw Ursa minor as my point of reference for what is to follow. (This was the only constellation that I KNEW at the moment so that I can use it as a reference point.) I saw THREE OBJECTS scattered in different directions from this location where "the twinkling" did not match any other object in the sky AND appeared from my point of view to be closer than other objects in the sky.

Object 1: West. This object moved from left to right and back again several times in the 15 minutes(rough estimate) that concentrated on it. While concentrating on it I saw red and white flashes off to my left(South from my perspective) but every time I looked over to see if I could tell if it was a plane or not, there was nothing there. NOTHING. No planes, no stars, nothing high enough off the ground to be mistaken for, and was in the direction over the course so that no lights in that direction were affecting my visibility in that exact area of the sky.

Object 2: After a final flash, I figure to concentrate my attention on it as I could not capture any video anyways to verify the movement of object 1. Then I saw it. Twice it gave the same appearance as if you were to strap a red flash light on a ball and spin it on a vertical axis. I thought to myself, "well that was strange". A moments pass, less than a minute and nothing seems to be happening. All of the sudden a very fast White orb travels up into the sky where I lose sight of it IN A STRAIGHT LINE. When it first saw it, it was just above the tree line of the golf course and flew at roughly the same speed as the object I witnessed at 6:20 a.m. the previous morning. Unless someone shot a model rocket or something I cannot explain this. I emphasize the speed of the object.

Object 3: After viewing what just happened with object 2 my first thought was, "oh hell no, I need someone out here that can verify what I am seeing because no one is going to believe this crap." BlackJack Baby...
. If you can, let me know PLEASE, sooner the better and I am hoping for next weekend sometime if you can possibly make it. To continue, I begin to think of anything this could have been but couldn't thing of anything at the time. In this direction, on the course itself, there is an orange light(obviously a fixed lamp on the course somewhere, maybe next to an utility shed or something.)

Sorry, I have to continue on next post, storm is picking up again and I do not want to run out of characters or have a power failure because I am not typing all this up again.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

Object 3 Continued: After taking a mental note of the lamp I looked for constellations that I know. I looked for Orion's Belt but could not locate it and then saw Ursa Minor north of me. I looked at it when I first got out of the car looking for the object, but was only looking for the object so the constellation did not register to me at the time. Needless to say, I was filled with disappointment while looking at Ursa Minor, but then I saw the 3rd object. It was below and off to the right of Ursa Minor and displaying all of the blinking colors that I have described(still dim but also brighter than the stars) before that originally attracted me to the object/objects. I tried to focus on it with the ipod but the light from the building was too bright for me to capture it. I also couldn't think of anywhere else to move to without going on a two hour drive somewhere(just a guess on length of travel). After feeling disappointed but hopeful due to what I saw, I drove home. When I turned on the car it was exactly 11:04 p.m.(there may be a discrepancy with times as I have been using more than one clock for referencing my times).

Once I got home I had told my wife everything(she does not care at all) and then went outside for a smoke. Best part right here. The object was in the same area as always and still dim, which matched what I saw when at the golf course. This time the object was below and TO THE LEFT of Ursa Minor. WTF. Did I just get a possible spot to triangulate its position in the sky? Now my mind is boggled and need help with figuring out where I can go for a better spot that may be beyond the object so that it is south of me.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

I am not saying that it WAS the object I saw at both locations. It matched the description, still in the area, and was less than 30 minutes before I saw it from my house. I am simply suggesting that I believe it is very reasonable to think that it is the same object witnessed at both locations. Input please.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Timical

Input please.

It's a UFO!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join