It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somebody with computer imaging analyzis skills please tell me what this is

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Dear God why? I have tried to email the videos several times through two different sources, yahoo mail and my school email. On the yahoo screen after clicking "attach file" I am taken to a loading screen where it just freezes. As for the school email, every attempt is coming back with this exact error, "No unhandled exception to display." No idea what that means. I tried attaching all of the videos at the same time, and several more attempts attaching them one per email. In the school email system, it stops loading every time right around the 5 minute and 18 mark regardless of the amount uploaded. The most I saw was 63%, and the least was 34%. I first moved the files over from the Ipod to the computer desktop(only took about four seconds). I also attempted to attach the files directly from the Ipod. No change in the result.

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ACCESS TO A SERVER TO UPLOAD THEM DIRECTLY.

Here is an explanation of the videos:
1-Time unknown but should be documented on my previous post; I stood in my usual spot without any support but attempted to keep it steady.

2-Time was 9:11 p.m. when going outside to film; this time I moved roughly 20 feet from my usual spot to my driveway to place my hands on the roof of the car for stability.

3-Time was 9:30 p.m. after coming inside from filming; I began filming from the car but shortly realized it was not visible on film due to the trees. I then move to my normal spot where the previous pictures have been taken from.

4-Time roughly 9:45ish; airplane in the video so this should somehow help gauge size and distance.

5-Time was 10:13 p.m. after filming; no visual on the object but I do believe I caught an airplane.

6-Time was 11:05 p.m. after filming; my wife just left to work(was called in) after coming home at about 10:30 p.m. Immediately after she left I was finishing a cigarette when I noticed an object off to the left. The video length is a little over 6 minutes long and caught a couple of airplanes(also useful for comparison) but ran out of space for more video. After this I took a couple of pictures that show airplanes flying around. HOWEVER, airplanes in my area do not typically show up this close to one another and flying in the direction of where the object is being filmed and heading off East of me. Maybe a coincidence that it disappeared close to when they showed up. I can not distinguish anything special about the airplanes, but thought for the sake of details it may be relevant. The object I noted that is off to the left is still there, however is too far to be seen on the video.

Sorry this is so long and honestly after seeing nothing but airplanes flying around I am starting to lose hope. If you feel the same way than I apologize for wasting your time.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Where do you live? I am in East Tennessee. I finally got a photo of this thing that sounds very similar to what you are describing. I've seen it on different nights, and before I could get my camera and get back outside it would be gone! But I got it tonight! The problem is when I download it to my computer it is in such a small frame that when I post it here you can barely see it.

I would like to compare pics, if someone can tell me how to get the pic to enlarge to post it here?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Now I see why everyone was complaining about my pictures being to small. This is pretty interesting to say the least that you have something similar in your area. Hopefully someone can help you get it re-sized as I have not yet figured that out either.

I live in St. Petersburg, Fl zip code 33710. There is a school at the end of my street but I do not know if I can post it due to ATS rules. However just in case it is allowed, the school name is Westgate Elementary School. Should be easy enough to find on Google Earth. Thank you for posting.

Also if you would like me to email you any pictures, just U2U me. I can not email the videos as the file sizes are too large(this is what I was told).

Once again, if anyone has a way for me to upload the videos directly to a website or server, please let me know so that everyone can give me their input as to what is going on.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

You are going to need to create a YouTube accounf to post videos. It's the simplest way. If you have a Gmail account, you can use it to upload to Youtube as well.

ATS has built in features for linking YouTube or Google videos.

Try thislittle utility for video conversion. It handles any format, Iphone, Mp4, and MOV formats. You can convert any video to any other format. It's free.

Don't try to use any file serving service, just use YouTube. It's free.

Keep posting your problems, and we'll do our best to help you out.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
edit:

without getting too specific, where about in st. petersburg are you located? I only ask because I am looking for airports near you.
edit on 5-17-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I live in "around there". TIA is in Tampa, not far from St Pete's, but there's also a St Pete/Clearwater IA as well. No clue how close they are to the OP though.

I do know when I lived in AZ, me and my entire family, including my Mom saw a strange "star" as well, always in the same place, non-moving, white light, but with VERY faint color flashes of blue green and red sort of along the edges. We saw it just about every night. Never did find out what it was.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackjack Baby

DANG IT! I have been hoping that someone in my area would be on here to help me out but I know from a girl I used to work with who lived over by the skyway that she could not see anything. So I am pretty sure it has to be low "enough" if she could not see it. There is the Saint Petersburg-Clearwater international airport that is just over six miles to the edge of its property(from what I can tell on Google Earth) North East of my location. However I have driven by there a few times and have never seen anything larger than a twin engine cessna parked on the tarmac. The airport is North East of me any craft approaching it to land or taking off would do so in a slightly angled North to South approach in relation to the runways. I do see airplanes coming in from the north frequently off to the right of my house that have to turn around. Naturally I assume this is for landing. I rarely ever see anything other than stars in the area containing the object in question. Thank you so much for joining. If in any way you can drive around when I can not and get better pictures to upload me know as this is on the top of my to do this for this thread.

Holy crap balls, do you know how to upload videos because I could just drive over to you.

edit on 18-5-2012 by Timical because: Incorrect grammar

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Look two thread up and two posts down from yours and you should have a really good idea of where I am.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Timical because: Damn grammar

edit on 18-5-2012 by Timical because: I quit, you can see why

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Timical

I have a canon camera i can use to take pictures, if I see it, because I work 8p-4a. I will have to talk to my husband about having a stranger over.

Forgot to say, I also have a flipcam for video, though I don't know if that would be enough quality to poke around in.

edit on 5/18/2012 by Blackjack Baby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timical
reply to post by sled735

Also if you would like me to email you any pictures, just U2U me. I can not email the videos as the file sizes are too large(this is what I was told).

I'm waiting on those pics you were going to email me. Then maybe I can send you a larger pic of the one I captured.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I just went outside with my Canon to get pictures of a white light that is changing colors, but my camera is too cheap, I guess. I tried messing with settings and stuff, and still only got pictures our the screens, no matter how far I zoomed in. Guess I'd need a $1000 camera to take decent pics.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Sorry, I know how it shows I am online but I am entirely preoccupied with another thread. Do not worry, they are not going anywhere, so when I have a chance probably later on in the morning or tomorrow I will go ahead and send them your way. Just keep in mind that these are the same pictures on link labeled cell phone pictures.

As for you Blackjack Betty, I do not know anything about the camera so hopefully it is a good enough quality to get something worth looking at. I understand the concerns with the husband, as my wife is EXTREMELY jealous. However we orchestrate this it is most likely going to be difficult for both of us. I already cleared it with my wife for me to drive around to get some pictures so maybe we can meet up somewhere over the next couple of days when the object returns and make some progress.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I do not know, but if my phone was capable of taking a picture to where I can roughly see the object, I am sure your camera should be able to catch something better. I am hoping to be able to compare our pictures afterwards so I can tell if it makes an improvement over my Ipod.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timical
reply to post by sled735

Sorry, I know how it shows I am online but I am entirely preoccupied with another thread.

I completely understand.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I was trying to say in my comment directed towards you is how my phone can not pick up any stars but it can capture the object. So I figure with you having an actual camera, there should be a noticeable improvement.

I just came inside from having a smoke after reading your last comment and I do see a white object flashing different colors in the North West direction. This is the only one I can see that fits your description. In my sixth video, which is not up yet, I shifted my Ipod toward that object but at the time it was just above the trees to left of all my shots. I do not believe I caught on film, but there may be a chance. From where it is now compared to earlier, if it is the same object than it has moved dramatically in elevation. I am not even going to bother trying to capture it this time because it appears too far and I had enough difficulty trying on the sixth video to capture it.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Timical

This is the final update as I have stayed up all night taking videos and pictures whenever I thought it was well enough in focus or worth it for comparing to the airplanes. I will add what I said previously about the pictures with some changes after viewing the videos on my computer using Windows Media Player. Just a note, I had no idea it was capturing sound as you will hear me talking to myself and using some obscenities. Sorry for the language. Also for some reason there a bunch of random white dots flickering in the videos, try not concentrate on them too much as I cannot help that.

Here is a more thorough explanation of the videos after several viewings:

1-Time unknown but should be documented on my earlier post; I stood in my usual spot without any support but attempted to keep it steady. The sky is turning to dusk but the object is easy to view.

2-Time was 9:11 p.m. when going outside to film; this time I moved roughly 20 feet from my usual spot to the right in my driveway to place my hands on the roof of the car for stability. The object is clearly visible and this is also the video that captures it.... "flickering".

3-Time was 9:30 p.m. after coming inside from filming; I began filming from the car but shortly realized it was not visible on film due to the trees. I then move to my normal spot where the previous pictures have been taken from. It may be possible to tell if the object is moving, however this is hard for me to determine as I was a bit shaky. The object is once again clearly visible.

4-Time roughly 9:45ish; there is a good capture of an airplane to the left at the beginning and is moving Easterly. This a perfect capture of an airplane for comparison with the object that also seen in place throughout the video. The plane can be heard around 1:08. Hard to see any movement as once again I was moving too much. I do not believe the object is in this video, but after closely watching it a few times I will note that there what appears to be two planes headed East and slightly North.

5-Time was 10:13 p.m. after filming; A shorter video compared to the others. A plane is heard from the beginning of the clip and I moved the ipod over to get a quick shot of it. This video is simply to show that the object is not there. Someone double check please as it may have moved behind the trees but I cannot tell and this is just a suggestion.

6-Time was 11:05 p.m. after filming; my wife just left to work(was called in) after coming home at about 10:30 p.m. after her clinicals. Immediately after she left I was finishing a cigarette when I noticed an object off to the left. The video length is a little over 6 minutes long and poorly captured I believe to be airplanes(also useful for comparison) but ran out of space for more video. After this I took a couple of pictures that show the airplanes passing by. HOWEVER, airplanes in my area do not typically show up this close after one another. The planes flew in the direction of where the object is being filmed and headed off East of me. (Murphy's law, I stated how there is usually never any air traffic moving in this direction, yet I caught it on video). Maybe it is a coincidence that the object in question disappeared in close timing to when they showed up. I can not distinguish anything special about the airplanes, but thought for the sake of details it may be relevant. The object I noted that is off to the left is still there, however is too far to be seen on the video. This object eventually moves right, into the area of where the original object is usually seen. I will post two pictures of the plane I took right after the video on Photobucket. As for the video, can someone try to work some magic and get a possible frame of the object on the left which can be located on the clip sometime shortly before 3:59 when I spit. AFTER THE 3:59 MARK THE OBJECT ON THE RIGHT FADES OUT SO SKIP TO 5:35 WHEN I BELIEVE THIS IS LAST PART WITH ANYTHING HAPPENING. DO NOT BOTHER WASTING YOUR TIME WATCHING THE WHOLE THING UNLESS YOU WANT TO, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Will continue in next post as I need to get my children ready for school. Sorry it has taken so long but I have been watching all of the videos several times and taking notes so as to give the best possible description. Next post should be up in about two hours. I apologize for the delay.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Timical

Post continued:

7-Time was 5:46 a.m. when coming back inside; After reading a post by Blackjack Baby who mentioned seeing a similar object in the sky, I went out for a smoke to see if I could identify it. I posted that I believe I found the object as there was one fitting her description which I believe also correlates with the main object I have been after. I do not know if this the same original object or one similar. While outside smoking I notice a separate object, with no sound, fly from the West over my position and heading East. This object moved cleared the sky in roughly 15 seconds. At first, examining the object mentioned by Blackjack Baby, I thought that it was far too faint to attempt to capture however after the fly by of the second object I immediately went inside to grab my ipod. Before I went inside the second object was already clear out of sight so I did not point the ipod in the direction it traveled. I instead attempted to capture Blackjack Baby's object in hopes that someone might be able to focus on it. It is extremely difficult to see the object with all of the "static". However, after watching the video SEVERAL times, I found a few spots where I believe it is visible for a short time on video. These moments are at 1:08, 1:16, and around 1:30 before a car starts heading in my direction. It is roughly above the trees just below the center of the video(I am sorry I can't link it or describe better). Once again I reviewed it several times, and these are the points at which I am able to see the object for a brief period due to the distance and "static". I am hoping once again someone can do something with this information even though it is a slim a chance.

Sorry for the length of the posts and time it took me to go over everything. I am going to try and get some sleep until I have to pick my kids up. Let me know what video you want specifically for me to post on youtube once I set up an account later in the day(I am tired, sorry). The only information I have is that at 6:23 I was outside, took a picture, after I witnessed it VERY FAINTLY elevate quickly, hover for roughly 4 minutes and shot off at an incredible speed South while heading up in elevation. This is the first time I have ever seen it leave so I am thankful for that. There is absolutely no way the object would have appeared on camera so I just waited until the show was over and snapped a picture to show how bright the environment had become due to the rising sun. I will post this later for reference, however there is not anything to see other than the lighting. This a picture I believe I had referenced a little earlier, unless I already took it out to fit the sequence of events.

On the lighter side of things, I think my neighbors now think I am crazy.

Goodnight/morning.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

Okay so I looked up the st petersburg/clearwater international airport and did a little research. I found this thing called "airport monitor 2.0" which lets you see in real time the airport's arrivals, departures, and in transit airliners. Just press "current" in the top left and wait a second and you'll see them popping up and moving. Next time you see the lights, go to the link and see if there are any airliners in that direction. Watch them long enough to see if they are moving. That way you can rule out if they are planes to/from that airport.

airport monitor 2.0

Oh and you can also zoom out and get a bigger view on the right hand side, in case the planes are far away. If they are planes, and appear to be stationary, they are most likely pretty far away in order to give you that illusion.
edit on 5-18-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Just a thought. Looking at the various webcams, St. Petersburg has a lot of tourist activity and resorts. Is it possible that this thing is some kind of promotional balloon or kite down by the beach? Also, maybe there's a webcam that can be remotely controlled and pointed at the thing to possibly take a closer image of it. I assume you're facing west when you took the photos.

Kite or balloon with tail?

St. Pete Beach Webcam

The Lowes Don Cesar Webcam (Facing West)

edit on 18-5-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Timical

I am in the process of uploading all 7 videos on youtube as requested. One is complete and when the others are posted I think they should somehow be linked if I am not mistaken. Here is what you can search for on youtube to find the first video:

Title: "Unknown Object 1st Video"
Tags: "object, Florida, Timical, strange light, 5-17-2012, What is this? "Video (File Format)"

Thank you Paradox for the link. I will try and download it this weekend or possibly even tonight.

Thank you also Blue Shift for the links you have provided. That is a really good idea for the webcams and may hopefully come in handy. I have thought before if it could be a balloon, but I could not really think of anything to back it up when I considered all of the facts(or at least based on my perception).

I just checked the status after finishing writing this and two are now complete with a third at about 90% uploaded.

While uploading youtube says that it detects bad lighting and offers to fix it. Yes or no?
edit on 18-5-2012 by Timical because: bad lighting question

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join