It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Plasma Battery Technology Probably Powering Stealth Sattelites

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Mk 48 torpedoes do not use a "thorium plasma battery" (whatever that is) - they use a swash plate piston internal combustion engine running on Otto fuel II monopropellant

the Mk 48 torpedo is also, of course NOT a "new long range torpedo", having started service in 1972, with the ADCAP version starting in 1988, and 7 upgrades since then culminating in Mod 7 adopted in 2006.

So the claim of it being in Mk 48's used in the introduction seems to be some sort of appeal to establish credibility - which falls apart with the slightest of investigation, which clearly someone has not done!!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The amount of anger generated towards the US military in this thread from an OP "suggesting" that they are possibly using some advanced technologies is staggering.

I'm sorting out another thread on misdirected nonsensical anger, I need some time to finish it up as it's kind of a long post, but the amount of misdirected nonsensical anger in the general population has been steadily rising at an alarming rate in the last few years.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas although I've been around here more than a year already. About what's inside the newest version of the Mrk 48, we, and even Janes wouldn't know if it was a torpedo with such incredible game-changing consequences. If you really think about it, a nuclear plasma battery would give a range to a torpedo that could cross the Pacific Ocean IF it knew where and how to go and avoid obstacles. The problem would be a navigational and target acquisition issue, not fuel/power. This would not be something easily leaked BUT just read what this Navy vet who retired from 23 years on a sub has to say at

www.patriotscorner.com...

This guy almost confirms what the rest of us suspect. Now think bigger and look at the photo in his post. Imagine killer drones with electric engines and these super batteries. If they flew above the weather they could stay aloft -on continuous patrol forever. This is some serious sh*t the military may never disclose until one of the suckers fails and falls in the wrong part of the world and somebody else discloses it. Just look how long it took us to learn about the SR71 Blackbird! And having undetectable stealth satellites is just a super big bonus since most of the military apps would be back on Earth - like high-speed electric stealth battle tanks that need no refueling, or portable UHF/VHF field radios, or even something simple like portable power generators in a briefcase that could power an entire command center without the give-away noise of a diesel generator. I think that overall, this is the mother of all disruptive technologies on par with the atomic bomb.

But just think IF we could put electric motors and one of these cool batteries in every vehicle we use - cars, trucks, buses, farm tractors, trains, etc. Or make really big ones to plug into the grid and shut down the coal plants. We'd have a much cleaner and quieter world. Sorry, just dreaming I suppose. I agree that if it can't be metered the elite profiteers would not let us have it.
edit on 13-5-2012 by AnotherEnergyVictim because: typo

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

They didn't integrate Tesla's work into the military, they (The Rockefellers) just shut him down when they realized that his idea for free energy couldn't be metered, and thus, would be impossible to charge for, thus hurting their profits.

It wasn't Rockefeller that shut down Tesla. It was JP Morgan.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Here lies the problem, last night I watched Captain America and its all laid out in that movie. High Tech is owned by the Military Industrial Complex so it can keep an Edge on its imaginary enemies, when WW2 ended Literally Millions of Americans would of been out of a job if there was no new enemy..so they just kept on creating them - Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, North Korea again and now Iran.

Most sane people would just go and get another job, but not the war loving Americans. Literally after the war and all the decommissioning of the unwanted "Assets" they had to keep the jobs going so the literal death of 100's of millions was the cost to the Non-USA parts of the world.

Rome rotted and was in decay for quite some time before it fell, is this financial decay of the USA the beginnings of a similar path ?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

I see what your saying but I disagree. And will always. We have been lead stray by our current occult "Top Dogs" Humanity doesn't have to be as retarded as it is. We may start out unintelligent and hostile but we quickly move to a more intelligent peaceful way of life.

Something keeps restricting the human race or leading us astray. "Illuminati scum" cough cough.....

The world wont be in this quagmire of lies and restriction for much longer
Ya know we couldn't have picked a better time to walk this earth. All the interesting stuff goes down now.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Navy yes lol that's correct sorry. Seems like the same thing though forgive my error. Aircraft carriers and whatnot. A lot of crossover in those fields.

But yeah it is the U.S Navy that has/had the Anti-gravity fleets. Allegedly many of them were recently destroyed/stolen.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

HAARP = wardenclyffe 2.0 so they did use Teslas technology.

Its a bit more complicated than that but essentially.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
[more
But yeah it is the U.S Navy that has/had the Anti-gravity fleets. Allegedly many of them were recently destroyed/stolen.

Earth actually, they're not actually US Nave vessels.

Earth currently has 8 large spacecraft, and may have low "warp" caability.

Of these:
4 - US Flag; 2- Navy, 2- Air Force
1 - Great Britian
2 - Russian
1 - China

All are assigned to U.S. Space Command.
Personell ae fr all countries except for N Kores, Iran, and a couple of others.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda

Earth currently has 8 large spacecraft, and may have low "warp" caability.

Absolutely - the ISS does Warp 2.7 x 10^-5...roughly....

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I was actually just kidding, I don't believe in that, but I know it is the Space Navy apparently people do believe in.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Here lies the problem, last night I watched Captain America and its all laid out in that movie. High Tech is owned by the Military Industrial Complex so it can keep an Edge on its imaginary enemies

I just have to make sure I understand. The movie Captain America has shown you the truth about the military-industrial complex?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

Why wouldn't the Chinese allow their strong ally the N.Koreans aboard their ship?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Pretty much exactly what I was getting at. Cutting edge technology is usually far too expensive to be practical. The range of what is "practical" for military purposes is far extended beyond what is practical for commercial/civilian use. The military invests huge sums of money into these technologies, in the process refining the production process and making them more affordable, until eventually they become practical for non military uses. Without the military investing so heavily some of these techs would never be realized for decades.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Maybe, but my point is that they didn't give him any credit for it.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

My bad. The effect is the same though.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
This is the exact same technology used in the Nazi Bell too.. but I don't think people understand the implications of this technology... and the true implications are why it is being kept secret.

This tech is for more than just powering torpedoes etc..

Read this and imagine how powerful this tech can be is used to it's max potential. You could literally turn nuclear material directly into usable power at 100% efficiency an d at will. Imagine if you did this with an even heavier element such as element 115.

Billion-Fold Acceleration of Radioactivity Demonstrated in Laboratory

www.answersingenesis.org...

Just remember that at the time of WWII Germany was going through similar things we are now.. they had very little natural resources - oil. That's why they developed this tech for the Bell and why it was so imperative - more important than the nuclear bomb to them. And it ended up becoming so important I really think the war became irrelevant. Why fight for scraps of land on Earth when the whole universe becomes your oyster...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
this will be a short reply.

where can i get some real information (or at least a wiki page) on these thorium plasma batteries you speak of.

It being a hoax, a CT meme, as real as red mercury or Harvey the Rabbit, it's going to be sparse.

Just remember though, if you look it up too many times on the net, when you get home, there will be a hook stuck in one of your car doors...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Looking at the bullpuckey sites given as proof of this thing's existence, a pattern is emerging that *might* explain some of the buzzwords you see associated with this.

First off, "plasma" is probably something that got stuck on for the neat factor. Making something into a plasma or not doesn't affect the radioactivity - in addition, to make thorium INTO a plasma you're going to have to heat it to about 4800C to get the gaseous form first. That's not so productive.

Discarding the "plasma" bit as bogus, does the term "thorium battery" make any sense? Maybe yes, maybe no. If you had yourself some Th228, you could make an alphavoltaic cell with it. The alpha particles coming off of the Th228 decay can be converted to electrical current with a semiconductor junction - sort of like a solar cell for alpha particles. It doesn't make a lot of power - low mW, but it lasts for a few years. It can't be recharged, thus maybe the source for the "no charging" phrase you see.

It's not the sort of thing you'd be powering "long range torpedoes" with. You might be able to run some really basic electronics with it. Betavoltaics and alphavoltaics are used for long-term low power applications, like for a pacemaker or data collection systems.

It's not uncommon for alpha and betavoltaic hoaxes/misreads to make the rounds in CT/"free energy" circles. Generally they start with a real story and then amp up the numbers five or six orders of magnitude. Thus do you get the "new AF battery will power laptops for 30 years" crap from PES wherein they take a betavoltaic that's putting out microwatts and suddenly have it producing 50 watts for 30 years in a matchbox.

edit on 3-7-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherEnergyVictim
Just look how long it took us to learn about the SR71 Blackbird!

Uhm.... The first A-12, which was operated by the CIA, and was for all intents and purposes a single seat SR-71 first flew in on 26 April 1962. President Johnson announced the YF-12A, which was cover for the A-12, in July of 1964, and the first actual SR-71 flew in December of the same year. So we actually knew about the SR-71 BEFORE they ever flew.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join