It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Nature Is Scary: Huge Storm Cloud Coming Into This City Of IA! HD

page: 1
10

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   


"This formed in Orange City, IA on the Northwestern College campus. A gustnado is similar to a tornado in the fact that it rotates, but it's direction is horizontal rather than a vertical like an actual tornado."




That is wild, even the town horns were going off this is stuff I only seen on TV, but does anyone think this real is there any news coverage out there?

It sorta reminds me of that M. Night Shamalam movie 'The Mist'
edit on 12-5-2012 by NewerBeing because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
well...being from iowa, this is pretty cool. its not that common.

none the less, its neat to see a vid. Storm season is the best season



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
what the.... ???
i have never seen anything like that and if i'd been there i'd have been crying LOL!!!! i thought we had crazy weather here in texas but we don't get whatever that is.



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Ok this is weird i had a dream about a horizontal tornado back when i was about 23-24yrs old(31 now). I never new they really existed. It looks exactly like in my dream. thanks for the vid op.

S&F

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Scared of a dust cloud.


Looked pretty cool, would have been nice to see.



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1
 


i don't see why it's funny to be afraid of something like that. if something that unusal starts coming toward people and they have never seen anything like it ..... it's only logical to be afraid. the only reason to laugh at someones fear is to make yourself feel like you're better than them.



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
There's one part that looks like a tornado.



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearMitochondria
 


Yeah, close to the end of the video you can see the one side of it as it goes bye and then the wind seems to hit from the opposite direction.

Could just be the back part of the wall cloud,but it did look like a tornado.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
what the.... ???
i have never seen anything like that and if i'd been there i'd have been crying LOL!!!! i thought we had crazy weather here in texas but we don't get whatever that is.


I thought they came from Texas or Arizona... I'm surprised to see it all the way in IA...Holy heck that is just insane. We have storm coming on Monday and Tuesday. Hope it doesn't look like that.



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yea, this is a pretty crazy storm, I wonder what was the after math



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
reply to post by Turq1
 


i don't see why it's funny to be afraid of something like that. if something that unusal starts coming toward people and they have never seen anything like it ..... it's only logical to be afraid. the only reason to laugh at someones fear is to make yourself feel like you're better than them.


Fear and fun is but a very small distinction, for better or worse.

No one was saying anyone is better than anyone else, but you pointing out something like that only serves to make you feel better than others, which you more than likely aren't. Maybe you are though.
Seems hypocritical in any case.

I'd say the problem is you expect others to respect every fear you have. Not everyone is going to agree with what you find important and worthy of being threatening and/or fun.

I've seen high school jocks literally get on top of their desk when a mouse was running through a classroom, this reminds me of that. Fear or fun?

What would you do if you saw defensive linemen jumping on their desk from a mouse? Hmm?



That storm would have been awesome but they missed out on most of it looks like.

Have fun with the site.

edit on 5/13/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae
 


I've been through a couple of storms that brought me to my knees and made me start praying. You find out really fast where your loyalty lies when you think you are going to die.

If you get caught out in the middle of a bad storm with tornadoes and no where to run or hide, it can be one of the scariest things ever!



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by pasiphae
 


I've been through a couple of storms that brought me to my knees and made me start praying. You find out really fast where your loyalty lies when you think you are going to die.

If you get caught out in the middle of a bad storm with tornadoes and no where to run or hide, it can be one of the scariest things ever!


Agreed. Depends a lot probably on your meteorology experience.

Was driving back to the burbs from the cities early in the morning and had a heck of a storm pass through, and at that hour no less. Started hailing and the highways were soon flooded from the sheets of rain, cars staying under overpasses. Slight inclination of what armageddon would look like but it was interesting.

edit on 5/13/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
10

log in

join