It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comprehending God Poe, the Bible and Candid style.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by artistpoet
reply to post by Greatest I am

Comprehending God Poe, the Bible and Candid style.

Perhaps it was me being off topic that caused the misunderstanding as the title of the thread does relate to religion
So I can understand my comments could easily be viewed in that context

Respect grows my friend.

I did not re-read but did you recognize that you were the best of what you could be when born and are still the best you can be at this point in time? In this best of all possible worlds.

Regards
DL

To be honest when I was a child I like many do had a mind expanding experience which is hard to describe in words
It was more a feeling of connectedness to everything the flowers the sky the sunshine the people all around like a warm glow of being. I thought everyone felt this way
When i feel this feeling I have no need for anything else and yes the world is the best of all possible worlds
Though when I try to intellectualize that feeling or find the right words it becomes lost and a pale version of the truth

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Yes. It is hard to express. One want to exclaim,----can't you see it !!??

Regards
DL

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin.
Evil is our responsibility.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.
As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.
This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.
This is how things are and should be.

I am not trying to change anything except the perception that evil is not useful to us while realizing we can reduce it's impact.
FYPOV, why else would God create it? So that man would not go extinct. Your perception is wrong if you see evil growing. It is shrinking.

I do not think we have no free will. We do have free will. I even have a test to prove it.

Eve was not deceived. You spout dogma and not fact and point to why the church will not give woman equality with men and says that man is to rule aver woman. Then again, most Christians do not admit to denigrating and discriminating against women without just cause.

"there actually ARE some people who DO NOT sin. "

That is not what your bible says. Then again, it lies quite often as you indicate if you do not believe we are all sinners.
You can never eliminate evil from your life. You can be aware of it though and reduce it's impact by more cooperation. You, as most of us, are just not aware that when you compete, you add to evil somewhere.
Regards

Lets look through the bible shall we?
Genesis 2:15-18
The Lord God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to tend and watch over it. But the Lord God warned him, “You may freely eat the fruit of every tree in the garden— except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If you eat its fruit, you are sure to die.”
Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.”

Did God command Eve not to eat? She was not even made yet.

Genesis 3:12-14
The man replied, “It was the woman you gave me who gave me the fruit, and I ate it.”
Then the Lord God asked the woman, “What have you done?”
“The serpent deceived me,” she replied. “That’s why I ate it.”
Then the Lord God said to the serpent,
“Because you have done this, you are cursed
more than all animals, domestic and wild.
You will crawl on your belly,
groveling in the dust as long as you live.

Did God tell Eve, "No, you were not decieved."?
To whom did God say, "Because you have done this,"?

Genesis 3:15-16
And I will cause hostility between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and her offspring.
He will strike your head,
and you will strike his heel.”
Then he said to the woman,
“I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy,
and in pain you will give birth.
And you will desire to control your husband,
but he will rule over you.”

When did God curse Eve with an insatiable desire to control Adam?
Was this rulership over Eve granted before eve was decieved? No.

As for the dogma that you are perpetuating, that "none righteous" baloney, we'll get to that at another time.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Alright, I'm back. Lets take a look at what Jesus said:
Matthew 7:18
"A good tree can't produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can't produce good fruit."

Matthew 12:33
“Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad, for the tree is known by its fruit."

Matthew 7:19
"Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire."

Matthew 9:13
"But you go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,' for I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Matthew 13:43
"Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear."

There are two kinds of people, the righteous and the sinners.
You can not be a righteous sinner, a bad tree can not produce good fruit.
John the Baptist said:
Luke 3:8
"Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God. Don't just say to each other, 'We're safe, for we are descendants of Abraham.' That means nothing, for I tell you, God can create children of Abraham from these very stones."

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You are all over the place.

The issue was free will and now you go to Genesis and Eden and you have completely forgotten Genesis 1 where Adam and Eve are created at the same time.

Let's at least get into the same bible and topic.
You flipped from The O T to the N T without us even finishing with Eden.

BTW, I ignore all preaching .
Discuss. Do not preach. If you convince me of the soundness of your views, then I will beg for preaching.

Regards
DL

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You are all over the place.

The issue was free will and now you go to Genesis and Eden and you have completely forgotten Genesis 1 where Adam and Eve are created at the same time.

Let's at least get into the same bible and topic.
You flipped from The O T to the N T without us even finishing with Eden.

BTW, I ignore all preaching .
Discuss. Do not preach. If you convince me of the soundness of your views, then I will beg for preaching.

Regards
DL

Read the bible, if your reading comprehension skills have any merit. Don't expect every person you bump into to care so much about you as to spell it out for you repeatedly.
Look at what you wrote, then read my responses to what you wrote. Maybe you'll be able to connect the dots on your own.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add. *big wet smootch on the butt* There now, feel better soon.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Good idea. Read your bible.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

It is a good idea. I do read my bible thank you. It is 100% better than lukewarm church water.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

It is a good idea. I do read my bible thank you. It is 100% better than lukewarm church water.

Fiction is always good. Even the immoral fiction of the bible.

Regards
DL

top topics

<< 1   >>

join