It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploding head dream memory related.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm confused because Smarties™ were never red, but pastel. Pastel blue, green, pink, yellow... They were pure sugar, no chocolate, and they were not ball shaped. Standard distribution methods were to package about 18 of these individual candies in the twisted cellophane, forming an exact cylinder. Individual doses were about 3/8" in diameter, maybe .125" thick, quite uniform, with concave faces....are you sure these were 'Smarties™' you were handling?

I do recall seeing Smarties™ as recently as a few years ago. They seemed identical to the 60's-70's version we were familiar with.
edit on 15-5-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Incorrect, here in the UK smarties contain chocolate...they're made by nestle, they contain nestle chocolate and come in a variety of colours...here's me thinking you're disputing what is actually a rather outlandish claim, i.e the memory of me burning my fingers picking up a red one...but no, you're disputing the existence of smarties as I describe them. I can assure you, ok there's one glaring error, they ain't exactly cilrular or spherical...does it matter? They're small, sugar coated lumps of nestle chocolate...there were always red smarties...they did away with the blue ones for some reason then re-introduced them about 15 years ago...

Here's a link to a wiki page about smarties:

en.wikipedia.org...

I know a lot of people don't trust wikipedia but they're right on this one as I've actually eaten them...throughout my life...since I were a small boy - so there's no longer any need for you to be confused, perhaps you're confusing smarties with skittles?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

OK that explains that. I am interested in your memory...I simply wanted to be clear about the exact candy archtype you were handling. For example, there are things called Red Hots™ which are cinnamon and spicy, red, and disc/circular. They burn, sort of, in the mouth. I figured you had mixed up the name of the candy, is all.

Your memory is strange, yet familiar. It's funny how memories do unwind.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Yeah, I know the kinda sweets you mean, sorry if I was rude.

There's a few things about it that I've thought of over the last few days that seem weird...not paranormal or mysterious weird just don't add up, for one I can only assume I was at my grandparents because my parents were away somewhere...yet I don't remember my brother being there.

Ok, so perhaps my brother was with them, he is 2 years older than me, I don't know, could have been taking him somewhere I guess, school, dentist, who knows, I know it was during daytime, most likely a weekend as my grandmother always worked but I can't say for sure, if it were a weekend i suppose that'd rule out a few things...but it's all speculation, really - they could have been anywhere..

I find it strange I was alone in my grandparents room, it's not like they imposed any sort of boundaries. We were free to roam and explore as we wished, but it still seems like a strange place for a kid to sit alone eating sweets, but then I reason kids are like that, they explore and are curious and whatnot.

I remember their room in some detail, they'd a long but short (about my height at that age) brown dressing table with drawers, I specifically remember the legs, they were thin, slightly tapered with little brass balls on the ends, but quite long...the dresser was a few inches off the floor and somethimes there'd be shoes under there. Out of interest I was standing with my back aganst their bed and remember dropping the sweet between my feet and it rolled out in front of me, landing just in front of this dresser but not under it.

The decor was typical mid-to-late 70's, when I see old shows on television from that era I get a sense of being back in that house when I was young, even thoughh it was the early to mid 80's.

Anyway, that aside...I don't remember ever telling my parents what happened to my fingers, nor do I remember them asking or being at all concerned by it, this is weird as my mother in particular would have wanted to know how and why I'd two burns, I also find it strange that my grandmother didn't investigate the cause of the burns unless she actually did believe me, I don't think she did.

There was nothing that I remember in that room that could have caused it, like, say they'd a fire or heater in there...and told me not to touch it or I'd get burned, being curious I do touch it and get burned...and lie so as to hide the fact that I disobeyed them....there was nothing in there that could have did that, and no reason for me to lie about what actually did burn me.

I wish it was a constant stream...where I could remember it all from beginning to end but it's really just patches I've the memory of picking up the sweet, looking right at it then clambering towards it and picking it up, dropping it and running to my gran, crying, her washing them under the tap and telling me I'd get blisters...and wondering what exactly a blister was...I soon found out.

The real detail is the effects of the burn...I can remember my thumb and forefinger touching and feeling a strange sensation - this was when the blister on my index finger actually burst. I remember feeling it leak then I could literally feel the little fingerprint ridges of the skin that was hanging off ripple over the new ridges on the raw, pink flesh underneath...but don't remember who was there or where I was when that happened, but I can remember the sensation of that, the ridges of the skin sloping over each other and it's really distinct, hard to explain aswell hope you know what I mean.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

Hmmm That is indeed odd then. Could have been house fay they like to play games and love sweets (hence the reason it vanished) But that was awfully mean to do to a child. I truly believe in fairies, though I know many will scoff but I will tell you they love shiny things, too and after a while of my car keys "Vanishing" from where I put them down one day I finally screamed "Give me my darn keys back, you nasty little house fay!" and I HEARD them drop on the kitchen floor behind me. Now I leave them sweets and some shiny things I don't need and they leave my good shiny things alone!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I wonder if your grandparents smoked? Because if they did maybe you thought you were picking up the candy but you picked up a dropped head of a lit cigarette or a cigrarette that was the but and still hot? Did you have your eye on the candy the entire time? Just a thought. I don't know how else to explain it scientifically. Other then if it was by a heat source like an old time radiator or an electric heater or landed on top a very hot vent? I think maybe those wouldn't even make it that hot. But the cigarette head or a burning butt sounds about right. Just a thought.

omg ldy that's exactly what i first thought of too.

and i was thinking the exploding head sound could be a blood vessel or opening of the head chakra maybe.

I don't know about the chakra thing that could be...I was thinking a more down to earth thing like he said he didn't like the person that he was talking to, and you know how some annoying people can make you feel like your head will explode? We have this saying about it in America so I figured it was just a manifestation in the dream of that old saying. Like good lord this person is talking to me ughh My heads going to explode but it did happen in the dream so a literal translation, so to speak...still can't make the connection to the memory though?

The chakra thing would explain the memory though, because when you open up that chakra then you have better clarity, so good explanation!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by samerulesapply

Incorrect, here in the UK smarties contain chocolate...they're made by nestle, they contain nestle chocolate and come in a variety of colours...here's me thinking you're disputing what is actually a rather outlandish claim, i.e the memory of me burning my fingers picking up a red one...but no, you're disputing the existence of smarties as I describe them. I can assure you, ok there's one glaring error, they ain't exactly cilrular or spherical...does it matter? They're small, sugar coated lumps of nestle chocolate...there were always red smarties...they did away with the blue ones for some reason then re-introduced them about 15 years ago...

Here's a link to a wiki page about smarties:

en.wikipedia.org...

Those we also have here in the USA if anybody was to a diner they'd know this "Smarties" of that type were in those candy machines in every diner in the 70's and 80's and you can still find them in Roswell at the diners (So I've heard) I mean they aren't easy to find anymore around the US but some really old timey diners still do carry them oh and Westfield Mall does too. (Because they have like every kind of old fashioned and new vending machine goodies there).

edit on 16-5-2012 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Look, I can only speak of my experiences personally, and off the information that I've read from others describing this, but I don't think that's what's going on.

The OP seems to be mixing up more than one thing.

I've had this happen about a half dozen times. It first happened a few weeks after my little brother passed. It happened about once a season for a year or so after that. Each time I was emotionally and physically exhausted, and had basically been running on a poor diet, poor quality of sleep, and reserves only for a while...

I don't think this has anything to do with getting annoyed with people, or what have you. It's an actual medical condition where you seem to have a schizophrenic experience for a moment. It truly seems as if your mind is cracking up, and sounds about 140+ decibels, but directly inside your brain.

The closest explanation I can give is just a rough draft...that your body is so worn out, and your mind needs a major correction, so decides to do something drastic while you're still, yet awake.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

You're right about that, it's a mix of different things which are most likely unrelated. If I'd experienced the dream on it's own and the exploding head I'd have never started this thread, or had I recovered that memory minus the dream/exploding head thing then I probably wouldn't have started a thread...they probably are unconnected and it's just an odd coincidence, the reason I started the thread was simply to enquire if the exploding head thing had a connection with memory as it's something I'd never heard of...but then I know very little about it.

I've never really had that happen before, suddenly remember something that I'd forgotten about years ago, at least not without something jogging that memory in some way...what seems to have jogged this memory, the root of it, seems to stem from my thumb and forefinger making contact as I tried to get back to sleep. For a split second I wondered where those hard, callouses had gone, as if I woke from a sleep all those years ago expecting them to be there, then coming to my senses and realising there were no callouses before I went to sleep...then wondering why I thought I had them in the first place.., the more I try to explain it in detail the more strange it seems to me so I'm gonna stop digging as I'll never know for sure.

About the dream, perhaps saying I dislike the person is a bit much, I've known the guy for years and am quite familiar with him, but we've nothing much in common. He's one of these guys who tries too hard to be manly...too obsessed with beer and sport and stuff and seems to me to be a kinda one dimensional sort of stereotype. I haven't seen him in such a long time...to be honest I don't think my head exploded in the dream because he was irritating me or anything - the only thing I can say with a degree of certainty about that dream is I wasn't annoyed or irritated by him, I can't remember much about it or what he said, but i remember feeling like I agreed with what he said or liked what he said...wish I could remember more but as the days go on my memory of it is becoming more hazy, the dream lasted (from what I remember of it) literally seconds...we were sitting, he turned and spoke, I felt a sense of peace and kind of happy thinking I'd actually made a connection with this person for the first time, then I bracked myself in anticipation of my head going boom.

Still, I was exhausted, I've worked a lot recently, not had much time off at all over the last month or two plus I've been busy with other things. My diet is a shambles, in fact my health is a shambles in general, so if anything I should take it as a warning, thanks for the input though, I appreciate all of your comments.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join