It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploding head dream memory related.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Strange title for a thread, yeah, this is more than just a dream about hy head blowing up.

First, I'd never experienced this exploding head thing until last night, I'd read about it and found it quite uninteresting...to me it sounded like a kind of variation of that dream where you're falling and wake up right before impact, not something I've invested much time in pondering or investigating, or even heard or read about in a few years.

Last night I was really tired when I got home from work and lay down, dozed off. My dream was unremarkable, I was sat with my brother and a friend of his who I do't like that much, not that I don't like her, exactly...just never had much in common or much of a connection with him.

We were sat watching something on television and this friend of my brothers turned and said something to me, I can't remember what he said but I remember feeling like it was the first time he's ever said anything that I was interested in or agreed with, I don't think it's that important, probably meaningless.

After he spoke I remember thinking to myself, "my head's going to explode", and it did...it was damn loud and I woke up, for some reason I wasn't all that startled or shocked, I opened my eyes and kind of thought to myself...ok, so it is actually real, exploding head syndrome exists...cool.

The next thought that popped into my head was something that happened to me when I was veeeeery young, perhaps about 4 or 5...something I'd forgotten about long ago. The incident I remember is in itself quite strange, perhaps worthy of a thread in its own right..

I was sitting in my grandparents house in a bedroom, I was eating a tube of smarties (for anyone who doesn't know, smarties are little balls of chocolate with a coloured, sugar coated shell) I dropped one, I distincly remember it was a red one...being a kid (a greedy little boy) I went to pick it up off the floor and it burned me, it was read hot...I dropped it and cried out in pain. It burned my thumb and forefinger, I remember crying and had blisters, over time they became little callouses that were there for ages.

I'd forgotton about it years ago, I remember telling my grandparents and they didn't seem all that concerned, running my fingers unter the cold tap and comforting me, they probably thought I was lying, I even remember going back into the room later and looking for that red smartie and not being able to find it. I find it bizarre that this memory came back to me after some 25 years...and that I'd actually forgotten the incident, it having been so unusual...I dunno what to make of it.

It's as though the exploding head thing awakened that long forgotten memory. I'm interested in others experiences with this strange exploding head syndrome, is it just coincidence that this memory was fresh in my mind after this experience? I also find it odd that I anticipated the explosion of said head in the dream before it happened, perhaps it happened simply because I thought of it, but like I said it's not something I've thought about or dwelled on much...odd to say the least, any thoughts or experiences to share?

Thanks.

Additional - just to ask mode to please not move this thread to the dreams forum as it's about more than just a dream, I'd appreciate it, thanks.
edit on 12-5-2012 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

That was a really explosive story

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

That is strange that the Smartie burned your fingers... it shouldn't do that if it was simply spicy, right? So many odd things can happen when we are kids. I remember one time a doll wearing a spiked space uniform appeared in my closet. I tried to get my mom to come check it out, but she wouldn't... having heard tales of leprechauns that would disappear if you took your eyes off them, I didn't want to leave the room... but I eventually did, and when I brought my mom back, it was gone.

My sister also had imaginary friends that she could see and communicate with. This kind of stuff is really strange.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I kinda tried to keep it short, the thing that I can't get over is the level of detail in the memory...I don't really remember that much from that early in my childhood, mostly flashbacks...more still images than anything probably because of looking at old photos and stuff over the years.

Only detailed childhood memories are of incidents that were quite remarkable, sort of stuff you don't forget like relatives dying and such, this was something I'd not thought of in such a long time, only people I ever told were probably my grandparents.

But I can remember the pain, the instant kind of shock when i touched it, I remember my finger tip and the tip of my thumb each having a blister, I remember it hurting when I tried to pick things up, I remember touching my thumb and finger tip together and it hurt. I remember the pain of it, I don't remember much else from that time or there abouts but I remember the discomfort and then the tips of my fingers going hard, calloused, for what seemed like ages...it was all frsh in mymind and still is.

I've been looking up stuff about this exploding head thing since last night, there's loads of stories but none mention any memory related incidents nor have I found any where someone anticipated the exploding head thing in the dream right before it happened. It didn't feel painful, just a really loud noise but I literally felt as though my head had disintegrated, sending particles hurtling outwards in all different directions, it lasted a fraction of a second and I felt like I was fully aware of my head having just blown up, just really peculiar I don't know how else to explain it.

It might just be just coincidence...had a bizarre dream, which I often do if I'm honest...followed by spontaneous memory regression...who knows, just thought I'd share. anyone know of any memory related connections concerning the exploding head thing?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Can you describe the explosion of your head in more detail? (wow, first time I've ever said that to someone!) I mean, was there blood, flashes, smoke? Was there smells or tastes in the dream?

Also, the connection to that memory is interesting. What's your view on the whole smartie episode?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaZep

I didn't really see anything at all, I was sat with my bro and his pal, then I knew it was going to happen, I think I closed my eyes becausse it was just a huge bang and blackness, i sort of just accepted that it was going to happen and sat back and experienced it, that's what it was like, I wasn't scared or worried but it was startlingly loud.

About the smartie thing...I dunno, it feels as thought it lasted for ages...maybe because I was a kid and time seems to pass slower, think the callouses on my finger and thumb were there for a long time...I used to bite the hard skin off and it'd just come back.
edit on 12-5-2012 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I'm convinced they're connected, I'm just not sure how. I mean, whatever route you go, things don't just happen.. there's a reason this memory was evoked. Scientifically, a neurological path connected the two pretty well by the sounds of it, your memory seems to have been very vivid. You could also read into the whole 'psykik connectionz' scene, I tend not to, for lack of documentation of information as much as anything else.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The memory is quite vivid, iI find it odd that I even forgot the thing with the smartie...I knew even then at that young age that what happened wasn't right...the smartie didn't burn the carpet when it fell to the floor but burned me when I picked it up, I dropped it and ran out of the room crying. My memory of the blisters and especially the callouses are bizarrely detailed for some reason, seemed like they were there for such a long time.

Seems like the sort of thing you'd tell people and not forget in a hurry. Now, this is probably one of my earliest childhood memories, I saw a thread a while back asking people what was their first childhood memory and remember thinking to myself - I've no idea...I've early memories of my childhood but couldn't put them into any kind of chronological order. they're mostly of birthday parties, times and incidents that were significant, not even then did this occur to me, but it has to be one of my earliest memories.

The exploding head thing wasn't necessarily unpleasant but I hope it doesn't happen again or I'll start to worry, I've read that it could be stress related, which isn't a good thing, all work and no play...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I wonder if your grandparents smoked? Because if they did maybe you thought you were picking up the candy but you picked up a dropped head of a lit cigarette or a cigrarette that was the but and still hot? Did you have your eye on the candy the entire time? Just a thought. I don't know how else to explain it scientifically. Other then if it was by a heat source like an old time radiator or an electric heater or landed on top a very hot vent? I think maybe those wouldn't even make it that hot. But the cigarette head or a burning butt sounds about right. Just a thought.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I was in the room alone, I don't know what I was doing in there to be honest, probably bored and exploring the house. I think my grandmother was in the kitchen cooking and my grandfather sitting watching television in the sitting room, he was a smoker. I ran to my grandmother, crying and showed her and she ran my fingers under the cold tap in the kitchen, I told her how it happened and she laughed and asked me if that was what really happaned, I said yes. I remember her telling me they're starting to blister, and not really knowing what a blister was..

After I'd stopped crying I wanted to see if the sweet was still there, there wasn't anything there, not even a burn on the carpet, I dunno what happened there and will probably never know the truth about it, all I have is this memory of it, but something definitely burned me, the memory of the burns on my finger and thumb are too detailed and clear.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
maybe you got shocked by the smartie? I don't know. sounds paranormal lol.

the exploding head dream reminds me of a dream I had where a huge battle started out of nowhere and I eventually I got shot in the stomach in a smoke filled hallway. The feeling of the hit and losing blood felt so REAL.
I was literally choking on my own blood and curled up into a ball feeling my insides pour out before I woke up in my bed..

nothing compares to that dream, it was so vivid. and I was only like 16 years old when I had it.
the whole sequence leading up to it was the biggest adrenalin rush i've ever felt and probably ever will.
I was minding my own business riding my bike when all of a sudden a jet streaks over so low and fast, bomb hits and I ride as fast as I can to the street where a tank just turned and fires.
I begin running up the street to the highschool with bullets flying everywhere hitting around me.
when I get to the school my friends are waiting for me and give me a sniper rifle, they chain up the doors and we go upstairs to my math class where we can see troops in green crossing the field from the forest.
right then a smoke grenade explodes in the hallway and a lot of screaming and gunfire starts.
I shoot a couple out the window and move into the hallway where I get shot.
it felt like it lasted maybe 10-15 minutes and completely horribly real.

I will never understand what that dream means or why I felt it and remember it so vividly

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Sounds quite exciting, that's kinda how I look at my dreams now, I get to experience things I wouldn't normally experience, you get front row seats to your own little action adventure.

I've always had really odd dreams to be honest, I remember really bizarre dreams even from early childhood, one I used to have a lot I can only explain as expanding and contracting, I created a thread about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a dream I often had in my early childhood, as I got older my dreams became more surreal, often disturbing. I went through a whole kind of transition when I reached my late teens, early 20's...about 10 years ago I'd some really strange dreams concerning sensations in my head, would feel like I were spinning and buzzing, I would hear strange crunching and rattling sounds that buzzed through me and felt amazing but scary., like I was charging with some kind of energy which would get more and more intense and scare me, waking me up.

As I became used to it over time I stopped fighting it so hard as it became less scary...I'd kind of go deeper into it each time and it'd get really messed up, I'd see and hear and feel things, feel like I was awake, in bed and could see things around me and stuff...then it sort of peaked then started to decline...it hasn't happened in a year or so...I could write a book on them to be perfectly honest but don't want to go into all that as this thing with the exploding head is different, the events leading up to the exploding head are mundane, this friend of my brothers I haven't seen in years.

I don't even see my brother that often any more...but the exploding head thing, I was instantly aware of this and seemed to simply feel it or experience it, like total acceptance that it was imminent so just enjoy the ride, like I knew i'd somehow be ok and it wouldn't hurt.

I've had a few dreams where I've been shot, I've also had horrible dreams where I've killed someone and am terrified and stressed, hiding or on the run...how horrible to even think of such a thing but they felt so real. I did once have a dream where I was shot and remember bracing myself for the pain but when the bullets hit me they sort of ping'd off me like pellets or bb's, feeling sharp stings but no wounds.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
***SNIP***

charming.
edit on 5/14/2012 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I wonder if your grandparents smoked? Because if they did maybe you thought you were picking up the candy but you picked up a dropped head of a lit cigarette or a cigrarette that was the but and still hot? Did you have your eye on the candy the entire time? Just a thought. I don't know how else to explain it scientifically. Other then if it was by a heat source like an old time radiator or an electric heater or landed on top a very hot vent? I think maybe those wouldn't even make it that hot. But the cigarette head or a burning butt sounds about right. Just a thought.

omg ldy that's exactly what i first thought of too.

and i was thinking the exploding head sound could be a blood vessel or opening of the head chakra maybe.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I once dreamt that I was shot point-blank in the face, and the exit wound took the entire back of my skull off. Weirdest part was, I could actually put my hand to the back of my (former) skull, feel the brains and blood and get a sense of the amount of missing material.. Was quite a shock, but not frightening really, oddly enough. Just a sort of:

'Huh - will you look at that; my head just got blown off.. What a nuisance.'

I believe that should any of us actually die in this way, our instinct would be to raise our astral / spirit 'hands' to the site of the wound to check the damage. Then we'd realise we're dead, and 'move on' to wherever we're destined to be. Kind of like how people can remain conscious for a few seconds after having their head chopped off - maybe our spirits remain briefly with our body at the point of death, until we realise we're dead or are drawn away to 'elsewhere'.

Having had plenty of OOBEs, I can assure you that we are able to exist beyond our physical bodies. The experiences set me on a path to discover God.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This thread doesn't make much sense to me. I've experienced the exploding head thing a half dozen times or so. Still not entirely sure about it, but I know a couple of things.

1. It doesn't happen in a dream.
2. It seems to be related to poor general health. Prolonged poor diet plus sleep deprivation for each time.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hi OP
Interesting thread! Have experienced the exploding head but I had just lain down ...maybe I was beginning to go into the dream state though I do not know but I definitely wasn't dreaming during my episode..

Strange that the sound was incorporated into your dream... weird! Memory enhancement hmmm...Something to ponder here because I'm not so sure if my memory has been helped or not . lol I'm always forgetting or recalling things... but I'll reevaluate this . Right now, I really haven't noticed anything significant. Interesting that you have had a brain surge of memory flow - I 'd like a program please

Had never heard of exploding head syndrome before until I had my episode and learned about it. He is my thread on experience if interested. Wild experience for sure! Phew have only had once though - thankfully!

An experience (explosion in head) -Exploding Head Syndrome? Your thoughts?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Well I wass dreaming when it happened, what else can I say? Either that or hallucinating which is highly unlikely, althought I didn't sleep long.

From looking into things after the experience I found some information about it, the causes and symptoms, and from what I gather it can happen while awake or alseep and can take on more severe forms, it's not always a loud bang or explosion.

One the other hand I must admit, I do have a bad diet, don't sleep well, not sure about why I remembered that stuff from when I was a boy but thought it was an interesting coincidence..

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

I read thought that thread, interesting, seems it's quite common.

I don't knowi if my anticipation of the explosion in the dream perhaps made it happen, like i thought it and so it happened,. but it was really quite powerful, I wasn't even all that concerned when it woke me.

I accepted it and rolled over to try and get back to sleep and started thinking about that stuff when I was a kid, it was the blisters and callouses I thought of, sort of like it happened recently almost as if I expected them to be there still, for some reason the feeling of having them and how uncomfortable they were was really clear in my mind.

But I don't remember anything else and don't seem to have forgotten anything, I'm putting it down to a coincidence, the dream I had was really vague, I recognise the faces but not what was said...the only clear part was the bang itself and I feel I'd absolute clarity of thought before and during for a small frcation of a second, but strangely not that unpleasant althought I can see how it could become a serious problem so hope it doesn't persist.

I've thought about it over the last couple of days, the thing with the smartie I'll never know what happened there, yeah I was like 4 and there's probably a rational explanation but how I related it is how I remember it, I remember being confused and curious by it enough to return later looking for the sweet.
edit on 14-5-2012 by samerulesapply because: Additional

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Hey, who knows, you could have had a brain surge that triggered the neural pathways to the stored memory.
Kinda wild but then we are now learning all sorts of tricks with/ about our brains.
The smarties thing is a different story lol.... Pretty wild stuff there - I can only imagine. Sorry I have nothing to offer there on that one. ... just one of those paranormal things ...

edit on 15-5-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join