It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devious monkey mentally evolving?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Zoo chimp makes elaborate plots to attack humans

cunning_chimp.JPG

Santino," a male chimpanzee at Furuvik Zoo in Sweden, is devising increasingly complex attacks against zoo visitors. Here, he postures, looking tough, in front of zoo visitors. (Mathias Osvath)

"Santino," a male chimpanzee at Furuvik Zoo in Sweden, is devising increasingly complex attacks against zoo visitors.

At first Santino was famous for throwing rocks and other projectiles at visitors who annoyed him. Now he has improved his technique, which requires spontaneous innovation for future deception. Researcher Mathias Osvath, lead author of a paper about Santino in PLoS ONE, explained what the clever chimp did:

SUMMARY

A male chimp in a zoo in Sweden devises complex ways to attack human visitors.

"Santino" hides rocks under piles of hay before people show up to prepare.

At first, the chimp "plays it cool," then launches his surprise attack.

"After a visitor group had left the compound area, Santino went inside the enclosure and brought a good-sized heap of hay that he placed near the visitor's section, and immediately after that he put stones under it," Osvath said.

PHOTOS: How Santino Attacks Visitors

"He also appeared to have placed projectiles behind, just before he went in after the hay. After this, he sat down beside the hay and waited. When the visitors came back, he waited until they were close by and, without any preceding display, he threw stones at the crowd."

Osvath, who is the scientific director of the Lund University Primate Research Station Furuvik, and colleague Elin Karvonen noticed the behavior while studying the elderly chimp, who is the dominant male in his exhibit at the Swedish zoo.

The calculated surprise attacks on visitors demonstrate very advanced thinking usually only associated with humans.

Osvath said, "What is interesting is that he made these preparations when the visitors were out of sight, and also that he incorporated innovations into the behavior."

www.foxnews.com...

This is pretty interesting. Looks like chimps may be evolving. Crazy old chimp planning out attacks on visitors is a bit off the wall. Maybe we will soon have monkeys learning to speak and think like we do

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
OR maybe we haven't studied chimps close enough & long enough to realize that this is normal behavior?
2nd

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
That's why Religion was brought in for us humans many many years ago. We evolved from Aps, or Chimps or whatever. Religion actually made us smarter, intelligent, and being able to distingiush the difference between right and wrong. Sure, they had to use FEAR to make people believe that they would go to hell if they don't abide the rules but eventully over the course of thousands of years we started developed it as "Common Knowledge" passed down to us through our genes.

Eventully us Humans won't need religion anymoe. Something made made to make humans more advance, smarter, and closer to the enlighten positivity energy. I believe Aliens came down from above an altered the apes, chimps DNA to make us what we are today because they WANT to co-exist with us and are waiting for the right time to reveal themselves. I guess they wanted us to co-exist together.

I remember reading that through Evolutiont here is no way us humans, the way we are today should be here. I heard it was suppose to take millions of years to be able to evolve into what we are today. I read that somewhere but can't rememeber where.

I do have a lot more to say on this topics but I'm just going to cut it here.

Keep in mind, I believe Religion was meant to start out this way but over the coarse of the years it's being taken advantage of.
edit on 12-5-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

You know what they say monkey see monkey do nice find by the way, but if that that chimp touched me i would say take you stinking paws off me you damn dirty chimp

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Santino is using the pile of hay to hide souvenirs he toss later to the visitors, people doesn't understant Santino's act of kindness.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
That's why Religion was brought in for us humans many many years ago. We evolved from Aps, or Chimps or whatever.

Religion actually made us smarter

Obviously it didn't.

We did NOT evolve from Apes. We evolved from an ancestor common to both our species. The poor primates we keep in zoo's today went their separate ways, just as did homo sapiens, about 250,000 years ago.

Man went on to create religion to keep uneducated groups of people under control (Big scary GOD will smite you if you don't follow my orders!) and ensure that some sort of malleable moral code could be enforced, usually tailored to appease the religious leaders in power. How it still permeates the minds of modern man today, is a sign that if a large subset of humanity cannot explain something, they embrace the unexplainable, rather than seek answers. Or to confuse things, now they can do both.

Right and wrong ? We do not know the meaning. We only know the path of least resistance while in the pursuit of monetary gain. Trinkets and whores...

The signs of anxiety and frustration this poor chimp shows is all we need to know that our idea of right and wrong only applies to ourselves as individuals.

If there are Aliens that may come down one day and see us, and should they judge us on how we treat every other living creature on this planet, then we should expect that they cage us and poke us and force us to endure their snotty nosed kids pulling faces at us, and we too may one day stop expecting that they will help us, and start gathering our own stones.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Devious monkey mentally evolving?

When I first read this title -
I thought it was anthropological and detailing our own evolution into human beings.

It could apply.

Interesting story non the less.
Primate studies fascinate me since there, presumptively but for the grace of God, go I.

top topics

join