It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desire feeds Suffering and Suffering feeds Desire (an exercise in logical deduction)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
hey, but speaking of this female issue.

you know that guy running around here trying to say woman victimize themselves? You know, always making themselves out to be victims so he doesn't have to face any of the crap he did because clearly he was pressured into all this as a man who is expected to control things... such as victimizing women.

this couldn't have anything to do with THAT, could it?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

never, it is metaphysical origin of evil seen through conditions reversing truth existence which exist

right people miss, are not women nor man but how can u know that?? right people in being constant act according to their perspective of true humans reality but individually, they dont invent what they see of their kind nor ask about the bonus they inherit of their gender condition like urself

unfortunately for u, right people are atheists all over the world, they never heard about male or female expectations

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hey op
Madly brilliant post. So simple, so obvious. So true.

I dumbfounded by the responses to this post. The beating around the bush, the self trickery, the self justification to convince oneself that this isnt true.

The masses never fail to surprise me anymore. Its sort of like living in a desert of ignorance, yet its only temporary so lets laugh at the cosmic joke of this all.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Hey op

I dumbfounded by the responses to this post. The beating around the bush, the self trickery, the self justification to convince oneself that this isnt true.

The masses never fail to surprise me anymore. Its sort of like living in a desert of ignorance, yet its only temporary so lets laugh at the cosmic joke of this all.

Wanting causes suffering? Only if you allow it.

Example: I WANT to buy a nice house by the beach. Am i suffering? No, i am happy with the life i live but i still want an house by the beach.
Imagine that i fail to buy it. Do I have to suffer? No, i continue happy about my existence with or without the house. But it was fun to try to buy it, i visited a lot of houses, i negotiated with the owners, the thrill to conquer a goal was fun, as always. I didnt get what i wanted? No big deal, its the thrill and joy of doing stuff, challenging myself that makes me tick.
Wanting = suffering?

No, only if you are ATTACHED which is very different.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

According to the logic and reasoning to which I have inquired internally, I do not believe that one can be a living, viable human without having want or desire.

Without want or desire we would have no purpose, goals, or planning. We would have no inventions or innovations. We would not build or do anything at all, simply sit idly in one place.

Eating and drinking.... coming and going... making any part of your body move... these simple things are rooted in want and desire. Even the creation of this thread stems from desire.

I want to see my mom... I want to get breakfast before I go to work... I want to look at the clock to see what time it is... I want to take my dogs to the park...

How is life as a human even possible without want or desire?

I think suffering results from the attachment to desire, the attachment to want... and not from want or desire itself.

We can want and desire without becoming dissatisfied. We can want a thing, get a thing, and be happy and at peace through it all.

But we can also have suffering from wanting too strongly.. and become unhappy even when we have what we want, only to be plagued by a new want.

edit on 5/15/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
suffering is due to the sense of loosing absolutely freedom, everyone seem to take truth for granted, that peaceful essential sense of everyone is due to freedom that truth gives

when any loose that basic free sense of being or awareness freedom, he is suffering

suffering is from the same family of suffocation, but suffering is the constant end of suffocation

that is how even what u just said confirm that truth

if one is principally of what it gets then he is like never free, but u seem to fancy on suffer images which explain how u cant but mean suffer positively, as if those addictions to pleasures or wills gives u the perspective of suffering people

desire is totally different truth

desire basically is due to the lack of free sense constancy, so it is like the urge sense to compensate what u miss of bases to mean existing or aware objectively

if evil life wasnt any and all objective realities, u would recognize it more

how free sense constancy is the reason of most superior well being that no other state could ever compete with

few i guess are like me that keep conceiving their freedom in an absolute way to remain constant of at least relatively knowing the superior value of it to any other existence sense

but since existence is really absolutely objective free, then relative desire is always right of any individual existing conscious that would necessary mean to point objective superior objective value that it doesnt know so new
but it would b always as u also meant it, relatively never altering the bases of self existence right constancy in being always objectively positive alone

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Hey op

Yeah, I feel you. This thread was a major disappointment, it seems most people did not read it and just responded to the title or they couldn't follow through it completely. I'm with you on laughing at the cosmic joke of this all, its a crazy game full of crazy people. People would rather create their own deluded form of reality than accept reality as it is. I say let them, I'm done spending energy trying to point out their inconsistency and delusion. When they are ready they will find out things on their own.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

According to the logic and reasoning to which I have inquired internally, I do not believe that one can be a living, viable human without having want or desire.

Without want or desire we would have no purpose, goals, or planning. We would have no inventions or innovations. We would not build or do anything at all, simply sit idly in one place.

Eating and drinking.... coming and going... making any part of your body move... these simple things are rooted in want and desire. Even the creation of this thread stems from desire.

I want to see my mom... I want to get breakfast before I go to work... I want to look at the clock to see what time it is... I want to take my dogs to the park...

How is life as a human even possible without want or desire?

I think suffering results from the attachment to desire, the attachment to want... and not from want or desire itself.

We can want and desire without becoming dissatisfied. We can want a thing, get a thing, and be happy and at peace through it all.

But we can also have suffering from wanting too strongly.. and become unhappy even when we have what we want, only to be plagued by a new want.

edit on 5/15/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

Yeah, but I deliberately made it clear that I was not making that argument, either way. I stated the premise was simply to show how suffering and desire are linked to each other and feed each other. I also showed how desire is linked to attachment through conditioning. And lastly, I stated that there are ways to uncondition the mind (as the Buddha and Krishnamurti spoke of), but that this thread was not meant to delve into that topic. The Buddha said, "All conditioned life is suffering", and he said suffering is caused by craving, which is like an attachment to desire, and I merely pointed out that desire conditions the mind, thus desire and suffering are one circular movement. There is a reason the Buddha's noble eightfold path is designed to not encourage desires beyond the desire for enlightenment. The noble eightfold path is designed to prepare the mind and body for the "great awakening", which is really just seeing that in an absolute sense there is no doer, no "I", no controller. When this is realized the flames of karma, desire, and defilement are extinguished. The body and mind still go on living until their natural death though. But again, this was not the point of this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join