It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who killed the prophet Muhammad? A 1400 year old murder mystery.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
It is highly debatable that Yehoshua fulfills the prophecies for the Immanu'el.

Historically speaking, it is much more likely that he represents another god entirely.
Not the clan god Yahweh.

Messianic Judaism is just more extreme syncretization.

I am curious for you to elaborate on what you are speaking of.. If you would not mind taking the time to share some of your knowledge with me. I hold respect for you and would be honored for you to share.

also, have written anything on this topic? I would be interested in reading anything you may have. You could U2U me if so.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god

Okay let me enlighten you. After many many years of studying and investing time in this religion (which is not mine by the way, I am not "religious" in any sense, I am a Muslim by choice) I have come to the conclusion you have 3 distinct groups in Islam:

1. The largest Majority Sunni's, are passive by their nature (however this does not exclude those elements that are bent on twisting the Sufi order to their liking).

2. There is a distinct and growing threat to both the western world and Islam as a whole and that is the Wahabi ideology (indirectly supported by Salafi's) - what you describe and see as fundamentalist Islam is almost always attributed to these groups i.e. any/all perpetrators tend to be heavily influenced by these groups and their ideologies (who seem to be firmly rooted in places like London and Universities up and down the country).

3. Shia's - This last group is well known and considered far outside of the folds of Islam.

I have said this in the past and I will say it again, the majority of Muslims who are Sunni's practice a type of Sufi tradition and this with it's teachings by its nature, is "passive" and as such does not allow for the literalistic interpretations that exist amongst the Wahabi's and Salafi's (as well as the illiterate Sunni's).

Anyway good subject matter for a debate and I have enjoyed it so far, thank you everyone but it's time for me to sleep, Adios!

Just a correction here on one point. I am Shi'a and yes the wahabis do consider us "outside the fold of Islam" but average sunnis do not. We intermarry among the sunnis and have no problems with them, generally speaking...we even attend the same masajid in many cases.

we have a serious problems with those of the wahabi ideologies, and even though some sunnis do not have knowledge of our beliefs or understanding thereof.. and as such tend to repeat ignorance they have heard from the wahabis...

but the ones who live with us, in our communities, if they are not wahabis do not consider us outside the fold of Islam...they intermarry with us, we attend often the same masajid, and have no problems with them

the only problems really are the extremists, those who adhere to the wahabi/salafi ideologies....no one else unless they are simply ignorant of us because they do not live among us have any fault with the way we practice Islam (with the exception they do not really understand mourning for the Imam (as) )

For a while in many communities the sunni/shia divide was little, but then with this rise in the wahabi ideology, came the rise in sectarianism... and what the religious speakers speak is not what is always followed among the people.People calling for sectarianism may always exist, and it goes through its ebbs and flows, but it is also not what you just said either...Most people know we all follow the same Prophet (saw) and the same Quran and that we share more than not...We are, after all, just people.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well now, I have found out that it could have been any one of Mohamed’s wives that killed him. If I am to believe this Islamic scholar, Mohamed was not a very nice person towards women. These women probably had a huge amount of repressed anger and would be prone to snap at any time.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I knew she was spunky for some reason

edit on 14-5-2012 by redneck13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Warning
Mental damage may occur

According to the opinion of a clinical psychiatrist if you read the biography of Mohammed and believe in it, you will not be a psychologically and mentally healthy person

edit on 15-5-2012 by redneck13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I disagree with you simply because I have the ability to judge for myself, what truth is when I hear it.

When I hear that the Power behind everything in the universe is a man for example, I think to myself: the power that has created all of THIS is some dude? why can't it be a woman? so the logical thing is that its neither a man nor a woman but a force unique to its own. I mean if you think all religious people believe stuff without thinking about it you're pretty naive.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

I'm not the one who's making FACTUAL assertions about someones religion WITHOUT actually using proper references from the Book said person believes in. Find me a single verse from the Quran referencing God's characteristics to that of some moon god. Find me one single verse, and then claim your sentences are FACTS.

The facts are clear. They're in the book people believe in.

And if you had any true faith in God Almighty you would have recognized that the characteristics I posted belong to Him and none other.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by wjones837
Reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Technically God is responsible for all deaths, since He gave them all life.

But how exactly do we expect to discover what happened 1400 years ago when there are murders that happened in the last decade and we can't figure out?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Well if we had a corpse we could exhume and do testing on, the poison could possibly still be in his carcass. Unfortunately his tomb was bulldozed because some muslim were making pilgrimages to it and praying at it.

Actually, I think that is the subject on another conspiracy thread on ATS
They told everybody it was a bulldozer, but there was a big cover-up, it was actually a tomahawk cruise missile

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Muhammad was killed by a billy goat, and not murdered at the hands of another human as is commonly believed! He didn't realize he had been caressing a male goat, but thinking it was a nanny he was trying to place the goat's hind legs into his rubber boots, when the billy, sensing what he was up to, suddenly turned around and gored him to death!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

we didn't steal this it was passed onto us freely from the messianic jews who were closest to Yeshua.

My point was that Christianity is isolated from the earlier scriptures of the OT. It needs the OT to have those prophecies in place. Also, it was not "passed on" to you "freely". You are essentially taking a scripture, twisting it to frame doctrines such as "trinity", "original sin" and "sin sacrifice".

The Koran however, is a revelation by itself....and bears witness of the truth of the bible. It does not challenge the biblical prophets or Jesus.....but instead repeats the stories of the bible.

Do you really buy that? A angel afraid of a dog?

The angels don't step foot into the house because they are "unclean" animals.
Theres nothing mentioned about angels being afraid of dogs.

Demons...the spirits of the nephilim are afraid of dogs .

Thats a new one. Where exactly in the bible does it say this? Or did you hear it from some youtube preacher??

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DumbTopSecretWriters
reply to post by old_god

seerat ul mustakin? lol....Still waiting for proof.

Not "The Straight Path" but this:

en.wikipedia.org...

My apologies, I had written the word Seerah in it's pronounced spelling.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

Hi, sorry I should have been more clearer, I was trying to be factual without insinuating anything. I actually pray in a Salafi Masjid that on a Friday, consists of Shia's, Sunni's, Salafi's and Wahabi's but I wanted to point out how the modern Wahabi personality views any other flavour of Islam.

Praying in a mixed environment like that really opened my eyes and me realise we are all the same at a base level, just some are considered more outside of the folds of Islam than others.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
The Koran however, is a revelation by itself....

The truth is that it takes bits and pieces of other religions; throws in a bunch of misogyny and some wonky self serving politicalisms; and then sprinkles a bunch of scientific and historic error on top. I wouldn't classify that as 'revelation'. It's more like a political/religiouis cult guide.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
reply to post by Jameela

Hi, sorry I should have been more clearer, I was trying to be factual without insinuating anything. I actually pray in a Salafi Masjid that on a Friday, consists of Shia's, Sunni's, Salafi's and Wahabi's but I wanted to point out how the modern Wahabi personality views any other flavour of Islam.

Praying in a mixed environment like that really opened my eyes and me realise we are all the same at a base level, just some are considered more outside of the folds of Islam than others.

Wahabi/Salafi peoples hate everyone who does not do as they believe, any flavor which is not their own.

Also, wahabi is the name we call for those who call themselves Salafi, or Ahl al sunnah, or any other names they have for this literal and selective interpretation of everything.The name Wahabi comes from Ibn al Wahab ...Wahabi means follower of this persons ideology. They do not call themselves this name, they call themselves Salafi or Ahl al Sunnah.

en.wikipedia.org...

As with the early Salafi's, Ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhab was criticised for disregarding Islamic history, monuments, traditions and the sanctity of Muslim life.[20] His own brother, Sulayman, was particularly critical, claiming he was ill-educated and intolerant, classing Ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhab's views as fringe and fanatical.[20] Sulayman ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhab also suggested his brother was selective with the juristic predecessors, to the point of being ignorantly dismissive towards some and treating others as divinely infallible. Both Sulayman and Ibn Humaydi (the Hanbali mufti in Mecca) suggested Ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhab was even selective with the works of Ibn Taymiyyah, whose views otherwise closely influenced the Salafi

If you would like some books on this topic and this ideology I can find some for you.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by arpgme

Yes, the WORD Allah did come from the ancient moon god, but did you know that Yahweh (God of The Bible) was an ancient Canaanite WAR god?

Any evidence for this?
Going by the Koran, Allah is defined as the God who

- created Adam and Eve
- Guided Noah, Abraham, Moses
- Gave the psalms to David
- Sent Jesus

etc.

I read the same things in the bible. Does it mean that the christians worship the moon god as well?

Evidence, there is proof. There are graven images of Yahweh The Canaanite War God and the god El.

If you read The Bible in Hebrew, it speaks of "Yahweh", "Elyon", "El Shaddai" , "Elohim" these are Old Canaanite Gods! Although most try to act like it is all one God of the Bible! In English they all translate this as "God" or "The Lord" to try to make it seem like one being when these are names of old Pagan Gods.

In the Old Testament it mentions Yahweh a lot, but he is an ancient Canaanite war god. Here is a picture of him [1]. And here is El. [2].

You can find much about these Canaanite Gods if you just do research, there are many, many sources and pictures on Google. Here is a good article to read [3]:

Here is a good place to start, as for how the bible went from Polytheism to Monotheism:

edit on 15-5-2012 by arpgme because: added more information

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I don’t know why this thread is constantly being derailed with religious gibberish, by trying to describe a religion that has more flavors then Baskin Robins. It doesn’t matter how much sand you try to cover it up with in the theological litter box, if you follow the psychopath Mohamed it still stinks.
The topic of the thread is
Who killed the prophet Muhammad? A 1400-year-old murder mystery

I have done quite a bit of research on what may have been the cause of the death of Mohammed. In the correct writings of the times, it’s an obvious unanimous consensus that he was killed by a little Jewish girl who wanted some payback. I wanted to get a feel for the victim’s frame of mind and the social atmosphere at the time of the death. When you really consider the oppression of women in that society any member of the female gender could have enough cause to psychologically snap and take matters into their own hands. I also have considered the cryptic nature of all scriptures and the shortcoming of translations as well as to come to terms with writing actual events as they transpired.
Therefore, one possibility would be that one of Mohammed’s wives killed him. Being they victims of pedophilia and then spending years coping with pent up rage while being physically and emotional battered at the hands of a child molester would drive any woman over the edge. We also see this in our own society, a wife natural instinct can over ride her common sense and the natural instinct of self-preservation takes over.
As we read the passage” I feel the hour has come of the cutting of my jugular vein”. It is common knowledge that the cutting of one’s jugular vein will result in death in as little as 15 seconds, not quite enough time to cite your holy word to your scribe dictationist. Therefore and most agree, it was not to be taken literally. What my psychological profile suggests is that it was not the jugular vein of Mohamed that was severed but his penis. Of course they would not write in the holy book that the penis of the so-called “prophet” was cut off so the author had to insert a substitution for the actual events that could be considered suitable for future readers. It makes sense that they would not want the embarrassment of Mohammed to go to the after life and greet seventy virgins without a penis which makes perfect sense given Mohamed’s bloodthirsty retribution methods of amputation’s, and decapitation’s that a abused woman would cut off his offending penis.
It is a natural instinct when the “flight or fight” reflex takes over to defend your self against what ever is attacking you. Just as the case of John and Lorena Bobbitt is being and will be repeated all throughout the Islamic world until all Muslim woman are liberated

en.wikipedia.org...

John Wayne Bobbitt (born March 23, 1967 in Buffalo, New York) and Lorena Bobbitt (née Gallo) (born October 31, 1970 in Bucay, Ecuador) were an American couple, married on June 18, 1989, whose difficult relationship gained worldwide notoriety for an incident in 1993 when Lorena severed John's penis with a knife. The penis was subsequently surgically re-attached

edit on 15-5-2012 by redneck13 because: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
gatesofvienna.blogspot.mx...

Text
The Filipina Lorena Bobbit
A FILIPINA maid is under arrest in Saudi Arabia for chopping off the penis of her abusive employer, reports said yesterday.

According to a report in the Okaz daily, the 38-year-old employer allegedly snuck into the maid’s quarters after his wife had gone to sleep and tried to rape her. The Filipina managed to escape his advances, rushed into the kitchen and got a knife.

“Despite her weapon, the man attempted to assault the maid, who, in return, pulled a ‘Lorena Bobbit’ defense and cut off the man’s penis,” added Arab News, an English-language daily, referring to the New Jersey woman who cut off her husband’s sex organ with an eight-inch carving knife in a high-profile 1993 case. [New Jersey, Virginia, what’s the difference? — ed.]

More than one million Filipinos work in Saudi Arabia, most of them in the construction and housekeeping sectors. The kingdom remains a top destination for job-seeking Filipinos.

Foreign workers in Saudi Arabia, many of them maids, are systematically abused and exploited, the New York-based advocacy group Human Rights Watch said in a July 2004 report.

The Saudi authorities strongly deny the charge.

The Saudis "strongly deny" reality, so what?

Meanwhile, Mr. Rapist — make that “alleged attempted rapist” -- is recovering from the surgery to re-attach his brain penis. As the doctor said:

“This is a sophisticated operation. You are dealing with an organ in a difficult area and you want to try to return to its efficiency,” said a spokesman at Riyadh’s Takhassusi Hospital.

“It’s one of the rare cases ... but they did it (the operation) last week and it went smoothly,” the spokesman said. “The hospital has done this kind of operation before, but only after people had car accidents.”

That organ is never going to be “efficient” again. The maid may die from the lashings, but she has saved the next maid who unwittingly enters servitude in that household.

Let’s see...how many clitoridectomies do we have to make up for? Well, that’s one less, anyway.

NOTE: Sorry, there weren’t any photos.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com... sbands-penis-throws-garbage-disposal/story?id=14055080

Text
Wife Chops Off Husband's Penis, Throws in Garbage Disposal
Wife Accused of Cutting Off Husband's Penis
Catherine Kieu Becker, 48, is under arrest for chopping off her husband's penis and tossing it in the garbage disposal.

After she laced her husband's food with an unknown drug or poison, he lay down, believing something was wrong with the food, according to police reports. Her husband then woke up tied to the bed as Becker cut off his penis with a knife. She then threw the genitalia in the garbage disposal and turned the disposal on, Lt. Jeff Nightengale of Garden Grove, Calif. police, said.

Nightengale said the couple is going through a divorce, but could not confirm why Becker wanted to cut off her husband's manhood.

Becker eventually called 911, asking for medical assistance. When firefighters and police arrived on scene, Becker told officials that her husband "deserved it," said Nightengale. Police found the man, who remains unidentified, tied to the bed and "bleeding profusely." Becker was arrested on several charges, including aggravated mayhem, false imprisonment and assault with a deadly weapon.

Her husband was rushed to University of California at Irvine Medical Center for treatment.

"He is in stable condition, but we have no details about the surgery," said Nightengale.
"Police were able to recover portions of the penis from the garbage disposal," Nightengale noted, but it is unclear how much or whether doctors will be able to reattach them.

"The immediate issue here is to control the bleeding," said Dr. Alasdair Conn, chief of emergency services at Massachusetts General Hospital, who said that the injury is quite unusual, even in the emergency room.

Upon his arrival, doctors need to tie off arteries and veins to stop the bleeding. Surgeons will attempt to maintain the remaining tissue and cover the wound so it does not get infected, Conn said.

If the penis is available to reattach, Dr. Ryan Terlecki, assistant professor surgical sciences-urology at Wake Forest University, said it should be wrapped in saline-soaked gauze, placed in a plastic bag, and the bag then should be placed in an ice bath to keep cold.

"Time is of the essence for a re-implant," said Terlecki, who has performed a handful of such procedures. "It's best to reattach it within 24 hours, preferably less than eight hours."

Doctors then reconstruct the nerve arteries and veins, while also putting the erectile tissue back together.

Urine control will not likely be affected because the muscle that causes the sensation to go to the bathroom is outside of the bladder. That muscle probably went untouched during the assault, Conn said, but a Foley catheter will likely be inserted into the bladder to drain urine, which is also "a relatively straightforward procedure."

If doctors cannot reattach the original penis, Conn said, "over the next few days, surgeons have to decide what to do to reconstruct the penis. Plastic surgeons who specialize in transgender operations may be able to construct a new penis."

Terlecki said that the penis is recreated by grafting tissue from another part of the body and then augmented with a penile prosthetic.

With the prosthetic, a man can still "urinate and have sexual relations and ejaculate.There's usually not the same force of ejaculation, but plumbing for that purpose is still intact."

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join