It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Twitter Censors Worldwide Trending in Minutes

page: 2
17
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

edit on 14-5-2012 by Havick007 because: Removed post




posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines
 


oh and just a heads up... have some courtesy in your threads... if people are gonna spend time adding to ur thread then you might want to thank them with a star....

It's just courtesy, I do the same for peeps that contribute to me in my threads....





edit on 14-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I've often thought that not only does Twitter edit the trending topics but I think they choose them too (I don't just mean the sponsored ones). What trends is what they want to trend. There is no way that many people #justinbeiber !!!



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by robhines
 


oh and just a heads up... have some courtesy in your threads... if people are gonna spend time adding to ur thread then you might want to thank them with a star....

It's just courtesy, I do the same for peeps that contribute to me in my threads....


Hi there, not trying to be disrespectful but I don't usually star posts if I'm not sure I agree with them. I do often star several posts in the threads I make though.

Do you star every reply in your threads? (just wondering, not trying to be sarcastic or anything.) Even if you think someone's trolling or totally wrong? Didn't realise people did that, that's all.


Edit : just went back and starred some I missed though, thanks.

edit on 14-5-2012 by robhines because: added



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by steelwidow
 


It's true, I see the trend every Monday night AEST ( hastag - QandA ) this hashtag relates to an Australian political talk show that has political guests and an audience with so-called"questions" etc... they spin their usual crap and people listen to it and it shapes their belief systems...

In regard to Twitter traffic, it isn't that high and i'm sure many other TV programs(fictional) or idiotic twitter trends rate much higher than it but yet QandA seems to hit top of the list every Monday night (AEST) why??

Because it is political propaganda and they think we are dumb enough to believe it... it's an absolute joke that they think we are that stupid and it actually insults me....



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines
 


ok sorry I left that out.. If you don't agree with what I said then that is fair enough
I should not expect a star.

Although I would like to ask your beliefs in this case if that is ok??

Edit;

No probz
If I said something that you agree then that is great and I am happy we share a similar belief whether it be the same or just similiar in some ways....

Although I am serious about the DDos attack... It was amazing how quick it happened after that post
and although I expect it can happen easily, I just realised how quickly they follow keywords or sites.....

I am not lieing either... less than 2 minutes after that first Anon post, my net slowed to snail pace and then my modem went red for almost 5 minutes... Even after hard reset it still blocked me...

Just goes to show yeah...

Tor

edit on 14-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
Because it is political propaganda and they think we are dumb enough to believe it... it's an absolute joke that they think we are that stupid and it actually insults me....


I couldn't agree more! It IS an insult because they act like we won't notice and further like we can't take screenshots. Oh but wait we're supposed to be dumb and asleep.



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattC
reply to post by Infi8nity
 


Unfortunately almost all social media sites these days are guilty of censoring or doing unscrupulous things with your personal data. Even Google have their dark side, despite their "Don't be evil" stance. If we were to boycott any site that acted in such a way then we may as well just give up our internet access altogether.


Did you just say "even google"? Google is clearly %100 dark side
"just give up our internet access altogether"
So untrue their are billions of sites on the net, you just need to surf it to find the good ones instead of only going to the most main stream sites because its easy to find. If you keep helping these sites grow then our internet freedom will die. Havent you noticed? These large main stream sites are taking our freedom
edit on 14-5-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
Although I am serious about the DDos attack... It was amazing how quick it happened after that post
and although I expect it can happen easily, I just realised how quickly they follow keywords or sites.....

I am not lieing either... less than 2 minutes after that first Anon post, my net slowed to snail pace and then my modem went red for almost 5 minutes... Even after hard reset it still blocked me...


Sounds weird! Not sure who or what could've caused that, but yeah, strange timing for it to happen!



new topics

top topics



 
17
<< 1   >>

log in

join