It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-Year Old Girl Shot by Israeli Army

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
A young girl sits in an elementary school classroom engaged in the study of the English language. Suddenly, out of nowhere, she is hit with a bullet. As she slumps down her seat with blood streaming across her cheeks, the teacher runs to carry her to the hospital. This is the fourth such incident in 18 months.

Israeli forces have continued their practice of firing indiscriminately in highly populated areas for the past 4 years.

I believe a perfect quote for this situation came from another victim of the random shooting:

One victim, 13-year-old Huda Darwish, remembers being told to shelter from the gunfire, but there being no time before she was struck in the head by a bullet.

"The teacher took me to the hospital and they said that this is a very serious case... that I might die," she says.

"After 12 days I got up and I felt lots of pain in my head. I asked about the light, I said 'Where's the light?'

"I told my mum I couldn't see. She said that the lights had gone out... That they had gone out in the whole world - that it wasn't just me in the dark.

news.bbc.co.uk...

In a similar story, 2 Palestinian children are executed in a classroom as incredible as it sounds.

As hard as it is to believe - IDF soldiers supposedly entered a classroom in the Rafah refugee camp and called out the names of Mahmoud Hammad and Madje Harare. The IDF told them they were under arrest for throwing stones during the recent Gaza offensive.

The account follows that children were given blindfolds and told to stand in the middle of the classroom. The soldiers told the 40 other students " This is what you will get if you throw stones "

It is futher said the IDF shot them in cold blood

I am not sure about the credibility of this second story.

home.att.net...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
A Palestinian child gets hit by indiscriminate gunfire, Israeli children get blown up in bombings...it's just madness. Don't get me wrong, I do feel sympathy for the children. But in response to the situation as a whole, I can't say either side really has anything to complain about.

[edit on 9-29-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Definitely, it's a sad situation on both sides. I think that first quote definitely sums up the entire situation though.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Definitely, it's a sad situation on both sides. I think that first quote definitely sums up the entire situation though.

As far as those children are concerned, the 'lights' pretty much have gone out in their world. At least the Russkies weren't next door to us when they were Satan's spawn.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
If this story really happened it is tragic and the Israeli soldiers are definitely in the wrong if they are firing for no good reason. I was thinking maybe they were firing into buildings to see if anyone returned fire so as to save themselves from getting shot to death. If a stray bullet hit a school kid that is tragic. If a bullet intentionally hit an innocent kid, then that is murder. If the soldier didn't need to shoot, he will have to answer for that one day.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
If this story really happened it is tragic and the Israeli soldiers are definitely in the wrong if they are firing for no good reason. I was thinking maybe they were firing into buildings to see if anyone returned fire so as to save themselves from getting shot to death. If a stray bullet hit a school kid that is tragic. If a bullet intentionally hit an innocent kid, then that is murder. If the soldier didn't need to shoot, he will have to answer for that one day.

This really is the price you pay when a 'civilian' war gets too far. You can't even be sure if a freakin' schoolhouse is harboring snipers or whatnot.

I rememebr seeing soem documentary about middlle eastern violence. I don't knwo whcih country it was in, but it's the same scenario. Militants were using a twelve year old boy as a scout, because nobody would suspect him. Well, eventually, people are going to start suspecting every twelve year old boy that comes walking up to them.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
This is no justice for those hurt or killed by palestinian suicide attacks and will only add fuel to the flames as another distraught family member decides to to become a suicide bomber . It's a circle that will not end until something is done. Every six months or so US and UK governments mention prgress then just forget about it. It is the center of the problems in the middle eats and needs to be solved. It was the west that started this problem and we should solve it.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
She must have been in the way of Iraeli LEBENSRAUM!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Wow, those "brave young" 2nd generation Israeli "soldiers" sure learned alot from their parents who sitting around in those "concentration camps" back in the '40s.

"It's not by chance these people call themselves AshkeNAZIs ...!!" --
Dennis Bernstein (KPFA Berkeley CA)

Here's an interesting true-to-life QUOTE:

"The Israelis don't fear the GUN, they fear the VIDEO CAMERA!" --Kofi Anan

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Love the kofi Anan quote Amadeus!

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
A young girl sits in an elementary school classroom engaged in the study of the English language. Suddenly, out of nowhere, she is hit with a bullet. As she slumps down her seat with blood streaming across her cheeks, the teacher runs to carry her to the hospital. This is the fourth such incident in 18 months.

This is one of Israel's many crimes. They should be punished by the Hague. The Hague is the institution to punish it after all.
Palestine should send an accusation against Israel to the Hague.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by AtheiX]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
And Palestine should be comdened as well. Killing children is wrong. Now I am going to support Isreali over Palestine any day, because the Jews are not delibertly killing children and innocents. Its sad when children die. Be a helluva alot easier if Palestine left the Jews alone and vice versa.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The UN says that the soldiers shot indiscriminately into the crowded refugee camp for more than half an hour.

The Israeli army says that it never directed fire at the school.

A spokesman said that it was impossible to say whether the stray bullet came from the army or from fire by the militants.

A stray Israeli bullet is a lot different then a homicide bomber in a disco. Of course if your willing to kill kids at college or at a disco by blowing yourself up then what's to stop you from killing a little girl and blaming the Israeli army who is trying to stop the militants from firing missiles at Israeli's.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If these militants were suicide bombers, they'd probably be dead now, don't you think?

top topics

join