It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Around world, Obama's presidency a disappointment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Around world, Obama's presidency a disappointment

In Europe, where more than 200,000 people thronged a Berlin rally in 2008 to hear Barack Obama speak, there's disappointment that he hasn't kept his promise to close the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, and perceptions that he's shunting blame for the financial crisis across the Atlantic.

In Mogadishu, a former teacher wishes he had sent more economic assistance and fewer armed drones to fix Somalia's problems. And many in the Middle East wonder what became of Obama's vow, in a landmark 2009 speech at the University of Cairo, to forge a closer relationship with the Muslim world.

In a world weary of war and economic crises, and concerned about global climate change, the consensus is that Obama has not lived up to the lofty expectations that surrounded his 2008 election and Nobel Peace Prize a year later. Many in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America were also taken aback by his support for gay marriage, a taboo subject among religious conservatives.

hosted.ap.org...

The world "seems" disappointed with the Great Savior of the Republic after recent events in the EU doesn't take a professor to see why they are.

Basically they like Obama because he's not Bush and yet there has been no difference between the two and take that to the bank.

It really is disturbing how many people in this country and in the world cut so much slack to Obama something that they never did for Bush and apparently aren't going to do with Romney.

Seems Obama has been exceptional at rubbing a lot of people the wrong way.

So what was that now? How the US's image has improved in the world?

Right the current POTUS has been an abissmal failure in a lot of Americans eyes and other parts of the world even tho they "sugar coat" their rhetoric.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Disapointment is an understatement.

That lair has done nothing. I was really happy when he was voted in. He is the biggest fraud of a politician I have ever seen.

All he is is a b-grade comedian and a smug jerk.

Im from the left and I would prefer to see Romney president over that liar.

Im from Australia. The American leadership affects us and the rest of the world.

Obama has failed us all.

Fool me once.

S/F
edit on 12-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A bunch of hillbillies cut Bush slack.

There will always be sheeple that follow public figures, especially within their target audience.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So when Obama's reelected and the economy becomes healthy again
what are you going to do after all these years of exaggeration and lies???

That will mean the LEFT has fixed a problem created by the RIGHT - Obama will
be vindicated in a big way -

Kind of like the great depression

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

Wasnt that his plan for 2008? Im pretty confused on why you think this man will do any of what you just stated.

His track record should speak for itself, fun and cool guy, bad leader. Remember though, its not just him pulling the strings.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
OK name me one presidency that everyone was so happy with they didn't want it to end?

The problem is peoples expectations are too high.

Politics is just a game, you are playing a game, nothing will change from lame observations of popularity.

The governments main job, is to be the fall guy. If all the blame for the countries woes hang on the president, it allows the real cause of the problems to continue unabated. When the people get 'disappointed', they will be easily appeased by a new president promising them the world.

I don't know how people can't see this. You shouldn't be disappointed you should be extremely angry, at the whole system. The root of the problem is the economic system, government is a result of that.

edit on 5/12/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Headlines in 2008
Obama walks on water!"

Headlines in 2012
"Obama is in hot water!"

Spot on! Neo. Spot on!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

The problem is peoples expectations are too high.

The problem is the promises made,and people actually believe in them.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Of course he’s a failure! Did anyone really expect great things from a guy with a Marxist and black liberation theology background whose never run anything in his life??

I can’t wait until November when he gets the shellacking he deserves. If there are enough morons in America to give him 4 more years then we deserve whatever happens…

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

OK name me one presidency that everyone was so happy with they didn't want it to end?

That’s an easy one!

Franklin Delano Roosevelt!! 12 years 1 month and 8 days in office.

He would have served longer but he died.

edit on 12-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Obama is perhaps the worst president in history
Is that crazy?

No not really, what's crazy is that there's still so many people wanting to reelect him
That's even crazier

This guy is a violent corporatist, he doesn't care about the people he only cares about money and power

We the people is turning into My The Pocket!

Obama =

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Or Ronald Reagan
*sigh*

Good times, gooood times.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
And the reason we have presidential term limits.

12 years the longest running fascist dictatorship this country has ever seen.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
oh ya

Star & Flag!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by neo96

Of course he’s a failure! Did anyone really expect great things from a guy with a Marxist and black liberation theology background whose never run anything in his life??

I can’t wait until November when he gets the shellacking he deserves. If there are enough morons in America to give him 4 more years then we deserve whatever happens…

of course mitt romney will lose, does anyone really expect great things from a guy with a facist, corportist theology background who never gave a damn about anyone but the top 1%.

i can't wait until november when he gets the shellacking he deserves. if there are enough morons in america who will give him 4 years, then we deserve whatever happens...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by neo96

of course mitt romney will lose, does anyone really expect great things from a guy with a facist, corportist theology background who never gave a damn about anyone but the top 1%.

i can't wait until november when he gets the shellacking he deserves. if there are enough morons in america who will give him 4 years, then we deserve whatever happens...

Poor, you can do better than that!

It's like you are saying
"Hey, I don't like your guy, but don't bash my guy because I see him as bad as yours, so I win!"

Twillight Zone!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
there are no real differences between Obamas & Bush policies so basically it's been same BS as always.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I bet more people "around the world" HATE your Republican clan of degenerates (IE: Bush Jr and his Daddy for example).

Team Republican is DESPISED around the world more than Obama or any Democrat will EVER be hated.

The threads from the Right-wingers lately are PURE COMEDY. Desperation from the Right?? YEP!!

The Right and the Left are both PUPPETS so why even WASTE YOUR TIME with such a nonsense thread??? Wake up already.
edit on 12-5-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And the reason we have presidential term limits.

12 years the longest running fascist dictatorship this country has ever seen.

I agree with you…I was merely answering a question and pointing out that there actually have been presidents who the people supported for long periods of time. People aren’t turning on Obama because “that’s just how people are.” People are turning on Obama because he hasn’t lived up to his promises and he’s made the country significantly worse.

The old question, “Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?”

top topics

<<   2 >>

join