It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wireless Video Game Controllers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hello Everyone,

I know many people play video games here on ats and me being a gamer myself I have always wondered this. Most people hold game controllers like this

I play Playstation3 (prisoner60863 for those who play fight night champion, c.o.d, or gotham city imposters:roll
. The wireless controller connects via bluetooth to the playstation. Could the radiation emitting from these devices cause damage to future generations? Maybe deform sperm in males?

Elementary school-aged kids love their electronic games. Favorites include Nintendo DS, Playstation, PSP, XBox, Wii etc. But parents should be aware that when children use wireless electronic controllers, their bodies absorb radiofrequency radiation. These devices were not tested for health and safety reasons prior to their release into the marketplace. Although there is no research in this area, the American Academy of Pediatrics stated in 2005 that children are especially sensitive to all electromagnetic fields because their developing nervous systems are fragile, their brain tissues more conductive, and their smaller skeletons more easily penetrated by the waves. Parents should error on the side of caution. We don’t know the long-term health consequences of increasing our children’s exposure to the information carrying radio waves that these products use. We can't control the amount of radiation we are exposed too when we are in our communities, but we can control it in our homes.

Centerforsaferwireless.org

What do you guys think? Could we be affecting future generations?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Any increase in radiation from our usual background radiation (space, sun, energy production, microwaves, cell phones, tv's, computers.) is bad. Infact, most the things I listed are bad. They increase the probability of mutations occuring however, does not gurantee mutation to happen. But look at most seniors these days, its very rare to see anybody die from total natural causes.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I got a PS3 too and a giant T.V. the way I figure it is that these wireless controllers are the least of peoples problems.... You got all kinds of wireless signals floating around you all the time anymore, there really isn't a time when you're not exposed to it, wi fi, cell phones, etc...... I guess you could bunker down and wrap your walls in tinfoil you might be alright

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
To answer your question bluntly, No I dont think there will be long or short term damage.

Bluetooth and 2.4ghz wireless has been around a lot longer than xbox and playstation controlers, if something was going to happen we would already be seeing the first effects, think about all the people wearing bluetooth headsets geez i remember using bluetooth in my first mobile phone and that was over 12 years ago.

I've also slept next to my 2.4ghz wireless router for over 6years and so far so good, no abnormal tumors growing on the side of my head.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Ovadose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Blutooth and WiFi under 10mW are completely harmless to organic tissue. When you start venturing into the 40mW area, it can be dangerous when you're close, for instance, your head right next to a wireless AP with 50mW, yeah, that's going to disrupt some stuff. However, anything under 50mW is probably negligible. Real damage occurs at around 100mW and above, and you won't see that kind of power in a wireless technology unless you're near some kind of mainframe.

So, in short OP, no. I'd say the problems you're talking of are virtually non-existent from that technology.

There has been reported organic disturbances from laptops being on a lap because of thermal radiation, not the actual wireless signals.

It's been widely speculated that brain cancers and so forth are caused by wireless communications, but it's starting to look as though that's not the case.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ovadose
To answer your question bluntly, No I dont think there will be long or short term damage.

Bluetooth and 2.4ghz wireless has been around a lot longer than xbox and playstation controlers, if something was going to happen we would already be seeing the first effects, think about all the people wearing bluetooth headsets geez i remember using bluetooth in my first mobile phone and that was over 12 years ago.

I've also slept next to my 2.4ghz wireless router for over 6years and so far so good, no abnormal tumors growing on the side of my head.

You cant say that... This technology has not been around that long. We are in the trial and error stages of discovering new technology. As time goes on it becomes more and more popular, thus exposing you to it for long periods of time. We might not even see the effects until a generation or 2 latter. They implement population control in just about every thing. Your gadgets, your food, your cars ect...
I am not saying that I think this will kill us but I do think we need to be cautious. I know wireless effects my ability to stay focused. When I play guitar with it on I just drift off but when its off I am focused. I can fell it as well. Go put your head next to your wifi. Turn it off and on while your head is by it, just so you can get sense of what it does. It maybe mild and long ranges but its constant 24/7 if you leave it on.

edit on 12-5-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Bluetooth was invented in 1994 thats 16 years ago, like I said in my above post if there we're real long term effects we would be seeing them right now.

Go put your head next to your wifi. Turn it off and on while your head is by it, just so you can get sense of what it does. It maybe mild and long ranges but its constant 24/7 if you leave it on.

I've had my computer and wireless router in my room for over 6yrs and I haven't noticed anything like what you mentioned, perhaps my head is made of lead???

They implement population control in just about every thing. Your gadgets, your food, your cars ect...

Sorry but I refuse to live my life in fear, if I die because of some non-sense than so be it, I BELIEVE we are eternal beings so worrying is just not for me.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
My mother used to have a cordless (landline) phone in her bedroom. The base was about 3 feet away from where she slept. One day she was telling me about how she wakes up every morning with headaches. A few weeks later I was walking down the hallway and noticed that she had this thing in her room and told her to put it somewhere else for a while. She did. No more headaches in the morning

I'm not saying that I know for a fact that these devices can cause terminal illnesses, but who knows what they are capable of doing if they can cause headaches

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ovadose

18 years actually, lol (sorry). It's strange that though, I remember first reading about it in an Atari ST magazine (ST Format or user, I forget), and I'm sure it was earlier than that! I remember how it claimed within a few short years everything would be controlled by bluetooth, right down to the fridge.

But yeah, as someone stated, there is very little danger from such low powered devices.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

LOL thanks for fixing my mistake

new topics

top topics

join