Cuba: Judge Rejects Efforts to Open CIA Volume on Bay of Pigs

page: 1

join

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

A federal judge has ruled that a final volume of the CIA's three-decade-old history on the failed Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba can remain shrouded in secrecy because it is a draft, not a finished product.

What better way to maintain an embarrassing secret in U.S. foreign imperialistic war-mongering than to just bury it in secret classification? This invasion started with Eisenhower and then fell to Kennedy. Perhaps the insidious infiltration of Cuba would have been better than the failed invasion? Or, perhaps Kennedy just should have given CIA all the resources and assets that they originally requested?

U.S. District Judge Gladys Kessler accepted the CIA's arguments that the fifth volume entitled the "CIA's Internal Investigations of the Bay of Pigs Operations" did not even pass through the first stage of a multilayer review process.

I would sure like to look through those documents on the invasion. It would be an interesting look into Cold War politics and diplomatic points of view. Too bad it will remain classified. So much for government transparency, huh?

CIA & Cuba
edit on 12-5-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Government transparency? What's that??

The US has never had a "transparent" government. Not that I know of at least...

I firmly believe we should have a government like that though I don't see it happening in my lifetime.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArrowsNV
Government transparency? What's that??

The US has never had a "transparent" government. Not that I know of at least...

I firmly believe we should have a government like that though I don't see it happening in my lifetime.

Right! We know what "they" want us to know. Anything that is of interest involves a private defense contractor, and defense contractors are exempt from FOIA requests. The rest, well, if they're not "losing" it in the National Archives, they are burying it with classifications.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

A federal judge has ruled that a final volume of the CIA's three-decade-old history on the failed Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba can remain shrouded in secrecy because it is a draft, not a finished product.

What better way to maintain an embarrassing secret in U.S. foreign imperialistic war-mongering than to just bury it in secret classification? This invasion started with Eisenhower and then fell to Kennedy. Perhaps the insidious infiltration of Cuba would have been better than the failed invasion? Or, perhaps Kennedy just should have given CIA all the resources and assets that they originally requested?

U.S. District Judge Gladys Kessler accepted the CIA's arguments that the fifth volume entitled the "CIA's Internal Investigations of the Bay of Pigs Operations" did not even pass through the first stage of a multilayer review process.

I would sure like to look through those documents on the invasion. It would be an interesting look into Cold War politics and diplomatic points of view. Too bad it will remain classified. So much for government transparency, huh?

CIA & Cuba
edit on 12-5-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

Bay of the pigs/guantanamo bay isnt going anywhere infact there is military housing being built on that island for the military men who are the security of that island as we speak, how do I know this you ask, december 2010 when my husband got a job offer to go to guantanamo bay as project manager of the buidling of 170structures to include a few homes,barracks, plus chow hall, small commisary, and a few other structures. He refused this job for a few reasons but the main reason as he could only leave the island every december for 1 month do to cubas laws about leaving and entering this island. he also didnt take it because it is a high risk job,( god pay though) he said the materials can take upwards to 6 months to get somethign on the island, so if someones order was wrong like the roofers materials if he short ordered or ordered some wrong materials it delays the job for upwards to 6 months, my husband knows the project manager he e-mailed him a few weeks ago asked how its going out there, project manager wrote back and said it was the worse job he ever had and it could ruin him to working any other jobs, in military construction work if a job goes real real bad the project manager will probably never work on another military project, anyhow it isnt going to close cause no country wants the terrorist in their country, and here in america we surely dont want them. Think about this, if we try and convict them here they o prison time here they have american rights, if and when got out they would be released into americna soil do we really want them here?

new topics

join