It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

App used to make ghostly apparitions in photo [HOAX]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I am usually the type to figure someone Photoshops pictures like these, but this comes from the relative of someone I know well who is just an iPhone user. I realize none of this matters to any of you, and it comes down to whether you trust me or don't. I hope it's not some kind of app that makes it a trick or something, but as someone stated below, there are apps to create ghosts in pictures, so I will be downloading and trying various apps to see if the one in this picture is one offered in an app.

Anyway, here is the picture. There is a very clear apparition in this picture over the guy's face and the air conditioner. I have never come across something like this before. Very creepy to me, and it introduces some new questions for me because I am the type to only believe something like this when I see it for myself or get it from someone I trust. I may have been taken for a fool.

If anyone can analyze it and make comments or judgements, I'm all ears.
edit on 12-5-2012 by daynight42 because: adding comments, adjusting title

edit on 12-5-2012 by daynight42 because: adjusted title to reflect the known hoax

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Oh wow, I didn't see it right away. Does the guy on the couch know the ghostly guy?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

It looks like a little boy to me, but anyway, I doubt it. They probably would have said that if they recognized it. She just posted it to facebook, pretty shocked like it's the first time it ever happened. She just didn't know what to think, but it's very clear to me that something that looks like a little boy is in that picture.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So did you attempt the photoshop yourself or was this someone else trying to pull your leg?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This just screams ghost app/photoshop

Come on, this is not even close to being real.

This is not going to fool many people....

Really not a good idea to try and pull one over on ATS. We know all the tricks.

Not to say you are...It could be some one trying to mess with you....But either way, we always get to the bottom of things.

Also, forgive me if I come off as grumpy. Pinched nerve is getting to me today.
edit on 12-5-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
If he took the picture using an iPhone, there is an app for superimposing ghostly images onto a picture.

itunes.apple.com...

Case closed.

-TS

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Almost looks like a dead Harry Potter.

I am going to say fake on this.
It just seems to much like an actual person imposed on the person sleeping.
I think there is even a ghost photo app that does these kinds of picture?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It's kind of crazy I thought too, I didn't think ghosts displayed themselves in HD..... I think the guy on the couch is scarier than the ghost in this one lol....
edit on 12-5-2012 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
If he took the picture using an iPhone, there is an app for superimposing ghostly images onto a picture.

itunes.apple.com...

Case closed.

-TS

Yea, going to agree with you on this. I can't say for sure that it came from that app or another one, but it could easily be a prank.

I hate to go throwing out stuff like this, but I wasn't sure, so I posted it here. I'm more likely to believe it's fake since there is an app for it.

If I could delete this entire thread, I would.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

It's someone else. Being it wasn't April Fools day, I figured it was real. They aren't exactly pranksters, but, it seems they are now.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

No, don't do that.
It is important to see the fakes so that when something real does come up, the differences can be compared.
At least that is how I see it.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

No worries man. I have quite a few years of experience in paranormal investigations under my belt. I've had three or four people call me before about a "friend" showing up with pictures that look just like this, just to get a rise out of the client. Many more people have been duped by this app than you'd think. You just gotta know what to look for.

Nice avatar btw. Arthas is the poo.

-TS

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The white shirt, the should part in particular, is not transparent.

The shoulder of the person on the couch - looks distorted. As if the person had moved.

Not knowing the process this picture was taken, I would either go towards reflection on some glass or other media between the camera and target, or double exposure. On the other hand, if the picture was just taken with one click, and this was the outcome - then wow, gets interesting.
edit on 12-5-2012 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by deckdel

I was kind of wondering about that myself, thought maybe it was taken through a window with an iphone with the ghost photo app.

But looking again at the picture, that would be a weird angle for a window picture....
TV or something maybe
It does look like the guy on the couch is somehow distorted and the "ghost" is not...maybe a sheet of glass or a computer monitor reflection...

But it IS off, that is for sure. Definite digital "distortions" of some kind.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

No worries man. I have quite a few years of experience in paranormal investigations under my belt. I've had three or four people call me before about a "friend" showing up with pictures that look just like this, just to get a rise out of the client. Many more people have been duped by this app than you'd think. You just gotta know what to look for.

Nice avatar btw. Arthas is the poo.

-TS

Thanks. If I don't get confirmation from them that it was made with the app, then I'm going to download it myself for a dollar and look at all the various options. If I don't see the one shown here, then I'll look for other apps. If this is the only one, then I won't know what to think, but I figure it is an app.

For those who think I did this or am knowingly posting junk, just look at the other threads I made. I would be the last person to be posting junk. I will add "Fake" and add a "?" to the title to be fair until I feel I've come to a conclusion.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Hhmmm....

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Thanks. If I don't get confirmation from them that it was made with the app, then I'm going to download it myself for a dollar and look at all the various options.

I have it myself somewhere here. Once I find it I'm going to look through it and if I can find the ghost on there, I'm going to post a picture of it in this thread.

Edit: Ahh, I missed the above post.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I don't think you are. It is interesting to see. The photo is a fake, but that doesn't mean you did it, or know about it. I personally love to see photos like this because I need to know fake from real. With all of the new technology coming out and all the cell phones etc that have special software to do these kinds of things, it needs to be examined so that later on you can just glance at another one and go..Oh yeah, thats a ghost pic app.... with certainty and move on to real pics when they come your way. You don't see many of those though. Always important to look, or you will never find.
IMO.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Funny it says Adobe Photoshop 7, because I just received a message from the person who posted it that it was made with an app. Not saying it couldn't have been resaved, but she said this:

Hey that picture was an app I just found out my sister was trying to fool me cause I believe in crap like that!! Sorry but it is still freaky looking

Will adjust title to reflect this.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

Sorry OP - will be moving this to the Hoax Forum.

Please know thats in no way a statement upon you...not at all...I don't believe for a second anything was intentional on your part.

Hoax Forum is just where things like this go for our Members to reference to in future.

Sorry again.

Cheers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join