It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet crash victims back home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

IRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WTVR) – The dozens of people displaced after their Virginia Beach apartment complex was hit by a Navy jet in April are finally back home. The Virginia Department of Environmental Quality issued a letter to the Navy on Thursday saying that no further corrective action is needed. [MORE: Twitter, other social sites capture horror of Navy jet crash ] The Navy demolished 27 units at the Mayfair Mews Apartments, removed contaminated soil and cleaned 37 units that were not damaged. The apartment complex was struck by an F/A-18D Hornet on April 6 shortly after it took off from nearby Naval Station Oceana. Navy officials are investigating the cause of the crash.

SOURCE

I am so happy everything is returning back to normal. The lack of actual human damage is a happy thing and they can now finally relax back in their own homes.

Still though, no official cause has been mentioned yet. Rumors around here hint at pilot error or electrical malfunctions but no actual official story seems to be set up for being released soon.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Nice.. Im also glad no one as hurt and I am a bit more than impressed about how the NAvy / government / locals worked together to resolve and make things right (as best as they can under law anyways).

All the info I have seen refers to some type of catastrophic failure. Until the Navy is done with its JAG / mishap investigation and releases the basics we will have to wait and see.

new topics

join