It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

radiation from fukushima

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
i was visiting clif high's website halfpasthuman.com... and he spoke about increased levels of radiation there. he has a Geiger counter and keeps track of it. i read someplace on line about alaskan airline personnel being sick and losing their hair in the last year. also there has been mention of wildlife die offs in alaska due to radiation poisoning. if anyone on ats lives in the northwest especially alaska could you please confirm or debunk these points? thanks....

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
To debunk the airliner one, if you check the topic out... there are many reasons it's probably not fukushima. The rest I don't know

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zyrktec

A problem could be particle radiation, not so much background radiation.

Even particle radiation can be ingested can be sometimes safely
eliminated since it commonly passes through the digestive tract, like DU particles.

If you happen to inhale it then that would be a different story. It could attach to the lungs, and that close to tissue would cause concern.

Dutchsince has gotten some high readings in St. Louis of 365CPM no doubt due to particle radiation. Background radiation in the 55CPM area.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm not real convinced about this -- any radiation that has come from that many miles away would not cause death in this short time period -- the way I understand it exposure to high doses of radioactivity will cause these symptoms. But this exposure is probably close enough to see the source. This close proximity to a radiation source causes immediate changes to the body. Lesser exposure I would be a cause for cellular damage the causes cancer and birth defects.

To have enough radiation to cause animal die offs would be easily detectable because of high levels and concentrated source.

Off to Wiki

en.wikipedia.org...

I believe there may be problems from this and if that pool that is 100 ft AGL falls that might be a game changer.

Obviously I am not a nuclear engineer or a radiologist -- but I got Google

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by zyrktec
i was visiting clif high's website halfpasthuman.com... and he spoke about increased levels of radiation there. he has a Geiger counter and keeps track of it. i read someplace on line about alaskan airline personnel being sick and losing their hair in the last year. also there has been mention of wildlife die offs in alaska due to radiation poisoning. if anyone on ats lives in the northwest especially alaska could you please confirm or debunk these points? thanks....

Clif High wouldnt be my go to for info conformation,

you know, as on and poppin as we are here at ATS nobody has a geiger counter?

edit on 13-5-2012 by rebellender because: couldnt endorse that one bias

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Build you own radiation detector

glx.net...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Barium 140 detected in the States.

new topics

top topics

join