It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trayvon Martin’ Gun Range Targets Sold Out In Two Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

A person selling gun range targets modeled after slain Florida teen Trayvon Martin says that their “main motivation was to make money off the controversy.”

WKMG’s Mike DeForest reported on Friday that the unidentified seller told him that the targets “sold out in 2 days.”

“The response is overwhelming,” the seller said.

While the item appears to have been removed from GunBroker.com, a cached version of the page was still available at the time of publication.

Photos of the item, which was titled “10 Pack Trayvon Martin Targets,” showed crosshairs over a hoodie similar to the one Trayvon Martin was wearing when he was shot by neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman in February. The figure has a bag of Skittle in his pocket and is holding what appears to be a can of iced tea, similar to what Martin had purchased before being gunned down. The pack of 10 targets was being sold for $8.

www.rawstory.com...
Complete with a bag of Skittles hanging out of the pocket. Geez, I'm all for freedom and such, but this still makes me cringe a bit. I am disappointed at both the creator and consumer. Although one of these targets could make a nice collectors item, anything else is kind of hateful imo.
Sold out in 2 days eh? Imagine that! What's next, a Zimmerman target?

What do you guys think of this? Should it be allowed? Is it just fun and games, or is this hate crime behavior?
I personally find it sad and makes me wonder about devolving as a species.

spec

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
We know

www.abovetopsecret.com...

should i copy and paste all the responses?
good source though i like
the article i will add it.
edit on 12-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

No I think it is worthy of it's own thread as opposed to becoming part of the mix in that 300+ response thread, but thanks.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I would have mentioned about the targets sooner but when I heard about it I got very upset.

The entire Trayvon Martin case is bogus and all this nonsense should stop. Leave Zimmerman alone and go turn your attention and resources to more important cases.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by popsmayhem

No I think it is worthy of it's own thread as opposed to becoming part of the mix in that 300+ response thread, but thanks.

I thought so too, but I would of felt
silly if I started another thread on it..

I agree it is a bit distasteful
i would not feel right shooting
at it knowing what it really
represents, the things people
go through to make dough

They are getting those banned,
why do you think treyvons parents
are having his name copy righted..

So they can make the green off it..

Other then that, it is just a hoodied
piece of paper to shoot out...

They had bin laden ones i shot at
all the time loved them

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ive been wondering when this thread would pop up. It really is quite sickening. At the end of the day a young man is dead and I cant imagine the horror the parents feel knowing a bunch of jackasses are shooting at an effigy of their child.

Iam not impressed with the Martin parents, but nobody deserves this. A rare day when I dont find morbid humor amusing but this is just hateful.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Just a continuation, fanning the flames of hate,while MAKING money off the situation.

Sad.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ha wow how bad taste can you get...
People really will try to make money from ANYTHING.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Pretty brilliant money making scheme. Too bad the mother had trayvon's name copyrighted? Wonder if the maker can be sued on those grounds.

Sure it's a little distasteful, but at least they are honest about their intentions. Bet most people are just mad they didn't think of it first.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Nope just mad some people think a kids death should be used for monetary gain. Actually more disgusted and sad than anything.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
and we are supposedly evolving and taking a massive leap forward in consciousness this year???

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Bet most people are just mad they didn't think of it first.

Maybe a lot, but I think most would find it offensive and destructive. Just wait till Sharpton and them get a hold of this. I'm afraid this business/individual may be attacked, physically. As Sonny said, it only fans the flames of hatred, and honestly, I could see how this could be considered a hate crime move, but that's just me maybe.

peace

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is GENIUS!

In bad situations, you will always revert back to your training. And when you are training to DEFEND yourself from your typical THUG as this target reflects, you have a better chance of survival.

Awesome targets here!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I hate hate crime laws. I dont think this would be considered a hate crime though. I believe it would be protected as freedom of speach, no matter how disgusting it is.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
This is GENIUS!

In bad situations, you will always revert back to your training. And when you are training to DEFEND yourself from your typical THUG as this target reflects, you have a better chance of survival.

Awesome targets here!

Kind of like the trend for the longest time of having target look middle-eastern. Wonder how many people had that instinct kick in when they had to kill a middle-easterner....

This is a form of propaganda, and only serves to reinforce stereotypes. Honestly, something like this may just get somebody killed.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is absolutely disgusting.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
the unarmed thugs with skittles in their pockets.

man, the worlds a scary place.

a little compassion to trayvons parents. i'm sure they've heard of this, now they can imagine hundreds of their fellow americans shooting targets of their son.

america is a pile of dung.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

top topics

join