It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters brace for confrontation with police at upcoming NATO summit in Chicago- Sounds like its a

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Protesters brace for confrontation with police at upcoming NATO summit in Chicago

The battle drums can already be heard in Chicago, as police and protestors plan for the NATO summit later this month.

"War is going to break out on the streets," one demonstrator excitedly told Fox News. “Big plans are being made.”

It's anyone's guess whether such bluster is mere pre-protest posturing or the prelude to a serious confrontation. But Chicago is shaping up this month as the latest focal point in the debate over economic policy and the movement known as Occupy.

Chicago initially was to host the G-8 meeting, as well, but it was moved for security reasons to the presidential retreat at Camp David, which poses fewer logistical hurdles than a city of three million people.

As for the NATO summit, it's only scheduled for two days, May 20 and 21, but dignitaries will begin arriving in Chicago days earlier, as the city prepares by closing roads and some buildings.

Big-name protestors, like the Rev. Jesse Jackson and 1960s radical Bill Ayers, are expected to be among the demonstrators.

In order to prepare for police confrontation, training sessions are being held for protestors around the city, which include educating dissenters on “non-violent direct action,” said Zoe Sigman, of Occupy Chicago.

At a press conference Thursday, held in a grungy building in Chicago's Chinatown neighborhood, a group of mostly white 20-somethings lined up to take their turns speaking to the media about their various causes for protest, which include war, poverty, health care and jobs.

“Welcome to the Chicago spring!” said a smiling Sigman, apparently making reference to the Arab Spring uprisings in the Middle East.

Occupy Chicago is not obtaining the permits that the city required to protest because “its our right to walk down any street," member Rachael Perrotta said. “We’re bringing in people from all over the country, so expect huge crowds and huge crowds will happen.”

www.foxnews.com...

So this sounds vaguely frightening and either A) the media is spinning this to sound as though the protestors want blood and are immoral and dont deserve to be able to protest, B) tptb are setting things up to destroy all protests and label it as a terrorist act, C) People are actually ready to stand up to the powers. Any way you look at it the results of this summit are not looking good. I am expecting major changes to occur this day and I dont think the world will look the same afterward

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It's all going to kick off again - I just heard on SKY News UK that there's huge protests right now outside the BANK OF ENGLAND trying to find out more!

Apparently - 300 protesters and four arrest so far!
edit on 12-5-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
It's all going to kick off again - I just heard on SKY News UK that there's huge protests right now outside the BANK OF ENGLAND trying to find out more!

Apparently - 300 protesters and four arrest so far!
edit on 12-5-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)
Occupy started up again today. That'll be that then

I'd be warey of what you believe from the news. This protestor saying this could have been a plant of some kind. Or they just found some hyped up anarkid and got him on camera being a tool. But it does give the police a nice oppertunity to go and kick the flying bleep out of everyone. And if, per chance, it was a real threat, then *massive face palm* cos he just gave them a warning

edit, here's a link to a live stream of occupy london. They're still on the march, and have been breaching the kettles. looks like some tactics have been employed by both sides.
bambuser.com...
edit on 12/5/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
As a Vancouver Occupier, watch for plants. The police have them, use them and they DO work sometimes. When the UN summit has so much military protection, it will only take one idiot with a handgun, rifle or shotgun to # it up. It could essentially turn into a very violent situation very quickly.

As for the bildebergs, I would like to think protesting that meeting would be more important than the UN summit but I guess the people have spoken.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yeah what bothers me is that the media is hyping up violence between police and protestors. It feels a bit like it will be advocated and that the media is really pushing for it. Feels like the protestors will be shown in a light that makes people smile while abolishing rights to peaceful protests.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Thats the plan all aong...the protests have time and again been infiltrated by agents provocateur....the police have been cought out and photographed at it...these are the violent protestors...police in undercover roles....
The more trouble they can stir up, the sooner the goverment will be able to declare martial law pr other emergency powers..this is what they do.....
Funny i remember another Chicago and a guy named Gerry Reubin and six others...big stink back then...riots too.....some fmented by police brutality others well....

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
ive been brace for a while

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

What do you expect ?

No Conceal and Carry? Check.
Home of Obama? Check.
Rahm Emanuel? Check.
Chicago Politics? Check.

Good times in the Windy City.............

top topics

join