It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Have So Many New Age Religions Been Created by Freemasons?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

reply to post by emsed1

You guys are liars! You don't know anything! Or you're hiding it all from us victims! WAH! We must kill all masons!

But seriously, I was kidding around. Wanted to try on OPs crazy to see how it feels.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I would be proud to be the first to cross that line in defense of the good, decent, hard-working people and their families from those working under the corrupt influence of the hidden hand.

Don't underestimate how much I know about the history and inner workings of Freemasonry and the occult.

edit on 12-5-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

TextJehovah's Witnesses: Charles Taze Russell 33rd Degree Freemason (1879)

Interesting to note, each one of these "religions" denies the divinity of Christ.

We don't believe in a Trinity.

I believe that Jesus is the Son of Almighty God

He had a pre human existence, and was sent by God, to the earth, as a replacement for Adam.

Jesus died for the sins of mankind.

Jesus is now the King of God's Kingdom, and will bring this Kingdom to the earth.

I don't really get involved in politics, but if you put a gun to my head and made me vote,

I would cast my ballot for Jesus Christ.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by W3RLIED2

reply to post by emsed1

You guys are liars! You don't know anything! Or you're hiding it all from us victims! WAH! We must kill all masons!

But seriously, I was kidding around. Wanted to try on OPs crazy to see how it feels.

Lol. I can never tell in this forum.

But now I get it.

Cheers.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne
reply to post by emsed1

I would be proud to be the first to cross that line in defense of the good, decent, hard-working people and their families from those working under the corrupt influence of the hidden hand.

Don't underestimate how much I know about the history and inner workings of Freemasonry and the occult.

edit on 12-5-2012 by 1nOne because: (no reason given)

I invite you to share any and all knowledge you have.

I invite you to spill all the secrets of masons and Freemasonry and bring the Truth to light.

Respectfully, I haven't underestimated your knowledge of Freemasonry. I've calculated precisely how much you know and the result is precisely nothing. Don't take it as an insult, it's not intended that way.

Truth can't be told. It can't be written or acted out; It can't be spoken. Truth is an experience. Until and unless you have the experience yourself you can't fully appreciate it.

If someone feels that they labor under a repressive and invisible force that compels them to misery and vengeance then that person (in my opinion) has naively given himself over to the fallacy of the material world.

We can continue to volley over whose reality is truth and whose truth is reality. But in honesty I tell you not one single person that ever reads this thread will believe either of us by our words or our actions alone.

I would suggest that if you are truly repressed by an organization that purports to be masonic you should fully expose them as soon as possible so they can be declared irregular and unmasonic by true Freemasons.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Greetings,

Isn't this post just a repeat and rehash of earlier posts. Seems like you get done with one and it's clone pops up.

Just daja vu all over again.

Some people just have too much time on their hands.

On second thought this guy needs to join the masons and donate his time, like thousands of masons do, visiting the sick and bed ridden in the masonic homes etc. and then come back and tell us how bad the masons are.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Dude, you should be on TV. You are funnier than Chappel. A regular riot!

I will make a guess that you know almost zero about freemasonry. You only know what other over zealous fanatic cult leaders have told you. You lack testicular fortitude and know deep down in your black heart that you could never be a mason, so you chose to hate them.

And your little dog Toto.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It's a good question. I couldn't imagine myself following the likes of Smith (I don't think he was ever a Mason).

All it takes is a few bad apples to spoil the bunch,though.

I am not going to defend the actions of a few wayward individuals. I am not sure that three or four is that many either.

It's not that I am surprised that individuals start religious movements, I am surprised at the number of followers that they manage to get.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
well Joseph smith tried the Grand Hailing Sign of Distress: "Oh Lord, my God, is there no help for the widow's son?" but only got out "oh my lord" before being shot. He is known to have incorporated Masonic traditions into Mormonism.
edit on 12-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
www.angelfire.com...

A faithful Mormon must hold the priesthood (if a male), be morally clean, not smoke or drink, be "active" in the Church (attend all meetings), pay a full Tithing (10% of one's income before taxes plus other offerings in time and money), and obey Church leaders both general and local.

He is also expected to be "sealed" in the Temple to his loved ones (so they can be together for all eternity), and be "Endowed"; which means he/she must go through the Endowment Ceremony, a Masonic-like ritual which Mormons must go through in order to learn the "signs and tokens" to give to seninel-angels. Mormons must show these sentinel angels these "signs and tokens" in order to reach the presence of God the Father after death to receive their "crowns of Exalation" (i.e. in order to become Gods and Goddesses).

This is what I was talking about.

On June 22nd, 1844, a mob painted in black face gathers outside of the jail, then storms it. They kill Hyrum Smith, and wound John Taylor, a Mormon apostle. Joseph Smith fires at the mob with his gun, wounding two. When he is out of bullets, he gives the Masonic sign of distress (raising both arms into squares and saying, "O Lord My God! Is there no help for the widow's son?" Masons promise to come to the aid of other Masons whenever they hear this).

Joseph Smith gets out "O Lord My God..." but is shot before he can finish saying the rest. Even though there are Masons in the mob, none come to his aid. He tries to escape out a window, but is shot from the ground. He falls out the window to the ground, and is shot again repeatedly until he is dead.

Here is some interesting banking history

Oliver Cowdery: the Counterfeiter
Oliver Cowdery was from Vermont. He was a cousin of Joseph Smith Jr. In the mid 1820s he went to Batavia, New York, and worked as a scribe on a book, with William Morgan, called Freemasonry Illustrated; the first anti-Masonic book in the United States. Morgan disappeared, presummably killed by angry Freemasons. Another anti-Mason called Timothy Monroe, was found drowned in Lake Erie. William MORgan and Timothy MONroe became the two "martyrs" of the growing Anti-Masonic Party, which was a new and growing political party in the country. The Anti-Masonic Party referred to Freemasonry as "secret combinations" that would try to overthrow Christianity and the new Republic. Oliver Cowdery was an early Anti-Mason.

After Morgan disappeared, possibly fearing his own safety, Cowdery fled New York State and hid with relatives in Ohio; some of whom lived in the same area as Sidney Rigdon, then a Cambellite preacher in Mentor, Ohio. At the time (1825-27) Rigdon was telling some of his closest friends that a new book of scripture would soon come forth that would unite Christian America, covert the native Indians to Christ, and explain what happened to the mound-builders who had created the thousands of mounds around the eastern part of the country.

After his Ohio stay, Oliver Cowdery went to visit his cousins, the Smith family, living outside of Palmyra, New York. According to Mormon history, this is when Oliver first heard about the visions of Joseph Smith Jr. and that Joseph had "gold plates" containing the Book of Mormon. Cowdery became a scribe to Joseph Smith, and eventually Cowdery became the only other witness along with Joseph Smith, in seeing angels (John the Baptist and Peter, James, and John) restoring the Aaronic and Melchizedek priesthoods to the earth.

Cowdery claimed he wrote The Book of Mormon, except for a few pages only, as the words of the book fell from the lips of Joseph Smith Jr.

Oliver Cowdery became the "Second Elder" of the new "Church of Christ" established in 1830, a year after the Book of Mormon was published. He was the Number 2 Man in the entire Church.

Joseph Smith, Sidney Rigdon, and Oliver Cowdery formed the "Kirkland Safety Society Anti-Banking Company". Mormons believed that this new "joint-stock association" was formed by the LORD Himself. They all invested heavily in it. But, only after four months, the KSSABC failed; along with 40% of all financial institutions did, in the "Crash of 1836".

Cowdery was NOT happy! He lost all his money in the KSSABC. He then came out and started telling others that he "found" Joseph Smith having sex with Fanny Algar (his nanny) in a barn. Cowdery referred to it as "a dirty little affair".

Oliver Cowdery, the man who assisted Joseph Smith in translating the Book of Mormon, was excommunicated from the Church in 1836, for claiming that Joseph Smith had committed adultery with Fanny Alger; a young 16 year old girl who worked in the Smith home as a nanny.

Cowdery then moved to Monroe, Michican, and was was soon involved in a counterfeiting venture called "The Bank of Monroe".

So not what you thought huh. Masons didnt make anythhing. People did.

edit on 12-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1
reply to post by 1nOne

Interesting to note, each one of these "religions" denies the divinity of Christ.

He had a pre human existence, and was sent by God, to the earth, as a replacement for Adam.

Jesus is now the King of God's Kingdom, and will bring this Kingdom to the earth.

I don't really get involved in politics, but if you put a gun to my head and made me vote,

I've always been curious about the LDS take on Christ's divinity. You state in a belief that he was the Son of God, but do you believe he WAS/IS God?

And as far as Smith being a mason there certainly seem to be a good number of masonic references in LDS ritual/ceremony. I recall watching Big Love with my wife one night (yes, I know, perhaps not completely accurate in every respect of the church) and they showed one of the characters going through some temple initiation or ritual. At the time I was a mason and I was literally astounded at all the references in mormon ritual lifted directly from masonry. I remember reading how the LDS church was upset with HBO and Big Love for portraying the particular ritual. Interesting stuff, though.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HardToStarboard

I actually have had quite an interest in Mormonism (I am a Methodist) since I found out how much there is in common with Freemasonry.

I think every Mormon I've met is a nice person with a pleasant disposition.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Actually Joseph Smith was not a 33rd degree Mason having been raised on March 16th, 1842 (which also discredits your 1830 mark).

Helena Petrovna Blavatsky herself even said she never joined any recognized or regular Masonic organization.

I don't know about the others, but I've heard that Charles Russell was not a Mason. I'd have to look further into it, but from what you normally post I highly doubt any of it is accurate.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Actually those degrees consist of only the Scottish Rite. It is does not exercise control or authority over anything other than the Scottish Rite. It has no authority over those who are not Scottish Rite Masons or other Masonic bodies, most importantly it exercises no control over the numerous recognized and regular Grand Lodges around the world. There are plenty of other Masonic concordant/appendant bodies, but for the recent anti-Masons the Scottish Rite is the "soup du jour". As a member of both Rites, I'm much more partial to the York Rite and its various bodies stemming from it.

reply to post by emsed1

I pulled from the Grand Lodge of British Columbia-Yukon who sited some dates, but the OP completely got them wrong.

Putting up with your disinformation campaigns is exhausting.

Right back at you.

Who's to say we are incapable of fighting back?

I'm not sure what you're fighting against us for. It seems for just sheer existence. Now, you're fight isn't really based on logic, reason, or rationale.

A revolution is coming.
Bring out the guillotines.

Here's an emblem you could use:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Actually those degrees consist of only the Scottish Rite. It is does not exercise control or authority over anything other than the Scottish Rite. It has no authority over those who are not Scottish Rite Masons or other Masonic bodies, most importantly it exercises no control over the numerous recognized and regular Grand Lodges around the world. There are plenty of other Masonic concordant/appendant bodies, but for the recent anti-Masons the Scottish Rite is the "soup du jour". As a member of both Rites, I'm much more partial to the York Rite and its various bodies stemming from it.

In English Freemasonry, one must be a member of the Holy Royal Arch (York Rite in the USA) to be allowed to join any of the other orders.

Membership of, and rank in, the Rose Croix (Scottish Rite) is irrelevant.

edit on 13/5/2012 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1
reply to post by 1nOne

I agree 100% with your statement. The OP does not have a clue as to what Jehovahs Witnesses believe. He has not done his research well. Perhaps he should visit the JW website and do some reading.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
double post
edit on 13-5-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Why Have So Many New Age Religions Been Created by Freemasons?

Back in the good old days becoming a Freemason indicated that you often had intense spiritual interests. Many of those guys looked into all kinds of movements and ideas...Freemasonry, Christianity, Buddhism...you name it, they`ll have looked into it.

I too have had an interest in all of these traditions. Implying that I have nefarious intentions for being a curious human being would be paranoid beyond repair.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Jehovah's Witnesses: Charles Taze Russell 33rd Degree Freemason (1879)

Joseph Rutherford founded the Jehovah's Witnesses after C.T. Russell died. Russell founded the Bible Student's not the JW's. Neither was a Freemason, maybe friendly to them, but not Freemasons themselves.
edit on 13-5-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

In the kindest and politest way possible: You Need to get your head sorted.

There is lot of stuff online about the Masons that like to discredit the fraternity in it's entirety, But believe me when i say it's practically all absolute nonsense.
In reality people have no idea what goes on inside the internal workings of the masons apart from a Mason himself, the public like to theorize and even slander in order to strike out against the knowledge they don't possess.

Masons are devoted to charity and hard work within the community, most are normal folk who do normal Jobs and strive to better themselves.

I don't know where you get your information but it's absurd and unfounded, Part of been a member of ATS is knowing when to believe information and when to not.

If you can't tell the difference between theoretical lies and the UN-Tarnished truth then i suggest you head on over to GodLikeProductions, They welcome fools there

A revolution is coming. Bring out the guillotines.

P.s: Who in the Hell uses Guillotines anymore?!
edit on 13/5/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join