It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000,000 -- ONE MILLION -- 1m -- 1,000k (watch this space)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
More detailed summary coming soon, watch this space... [size=10]1 MILLION UNIQUE USER SESSIONS September of 2004 has been the most active month in ATS history. We have passed 1 million unique user sessions so far (with 1 day to go) and 500 gigabytes of total bandwidth. For some background on how this compares to previous big months: May 2004: 460,000 sessions: www.atsnn.com... July 2004: 756,000 sessions: www.abovetopsecret.com... August 2004: 873,000 sessions: www.abovetopsecret.com... This is just amazing.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Congratulations, ATS is really growing steadily.

I see on the front page that you've added almost 600 members just in the last 7 days. At that rate, there should be more than 25,000 members in the next couple of months.

With all of that traffic from new users, will you have to start implementing policies to lower the amount of bandwidth utilization, such as reducing avatar sizes for regular members?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Since 85% of all traffic (and bandwidth) comes from guests and non-member visitors, and these people don't see avatars when they browse the forums, it's not that much of a big deal... yet. Once daily member traffic get's close to 3,000 on average, then we may need to consider new restrictions for avatar size.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

This is just amazing.

Thats all I can say.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Humm, I see the need to down sizes the avatars. It makes sense, I am glad to still be part of ATS, perhaps one of the reasons of the growing members is the now very hot political debates.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Humm, I see the need to down sizes the avatars. It makes sense, I am glad to still be part of ATS, perhaps one of the reasons of the growing members is the now very hot political debates.

You'rs is pretty small, less than 7kb.
Sceptic's current one is around 15Kb which is also reasonable.
Some here have pretty large ones though.
The limit is 75kb which is very large.

It might not be as bad as I thought though, since Sceptic has said most traffic comes from non-members.

I was just trying to think of things that may reduce bandwidth on the site so the operators of this site aren't stuck with a huge hosting bill.

[edit on 30-9-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Good News.

If i could just ask... can you define a unique user session? I've always been confused by that.

Is that a user who is previously unrecorded?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling If i could just ask... can you define a unique user session?
That's a session unique to the time frame... in this case, users... 1 million unique users with at least one session during the month. Also, our Urchin traffic analysis software is configured to discount non-human sessions such as search engine spiders in the tally of "unique user sessions" for a given time frame. So these are indeed more than one million unique people who have visited the AboveTopSecret.com domain in the month of September. That's an amazing milestone for any website, much less a conspiracy-theory focused discussion board.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
like i always say when we get some big numbers...

congratz to the mods, members, non-members and simongray!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
WAY TO GO ATS!!!

CONGRADULATIONS TO ALL!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
WE RULE!!!

1 Million!!! Yahooooooo!!!!

new topics

top topics

join