It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An amazingingly insightful video that everyone should see - Culture of today...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightbringer38

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears
Terence Mckenna can articulate himself extremely well, you should here him talk about dmt...he is the only person I have ever heard come close to describing it. And the use of it is the reason he views the world the way he does.

Yeah I have listened to just about all Terence Mckennas speeches.. Yeah I want to do '___' some day.. haha

Don't want to sound like a know-it-all, but if you decide to try a substance containing '___' or one of it's chemical relatives then do some research first, like consulting Erowid, or talking with people who have tried it. It is probably one of the most potent psychoactive substances known to humans. The good thing is that it occurs naturally in our bodies anyway, so the uptake is fast. Using a moderate dose, trips shouldn't last longer than 5-15 minutes, as long as you're not combining other drugs with it.

A good book to read too is the 'The Spirit Molecule' (Strausman), but this was all lab tests. Don't these guys get set and setting !!

Peace Out

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightbringer38

This is a very poorly made video, the music is there ONLY to invoke an emotional response which most people will give in to.
Whilst images of war and famine are being used whilst the narrator speaks of "cultural negativity", so the images are used completely out of context, and along with the music are only there to invoke an emotional sense in us.

Then the narrator quite stupidly makes the error of calling "culture" a bad influence on us. I think he has got his words mixed up, I think he is referring to "consumerism". Culture is an absolute necessity for a community to be able to work together and achieve.

Lastly, people watching this who agree with the narrator, open your eyes. The whole world doesn't have the same values of America in that we should all love one another. Go to the Middle East for example I'm pretty sure most do not love the Americans in fact its the opposite.

CrimsonKapital.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
That voice makes me cringe. I openly support gay rights but when I have to listen to a voice like that it makes me cringe. And if I cant get away from it easily it makes my blood boil. Obviously there's a part of me that's is NOT GAY TOLERANT. It makes feel an inner rage.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightbringer38

It's sad because it's so true...

We are wasting our potential and too many of us lack ambition, not by any fault of our own but because many of us have been taught to live that way without even knowing it...

It almost makes me angry that we have so much potential (all of us) but it is wasted and we are mislead by idiots that we call leaders... sad

I blame TV and media for alot of wasted potential and productivity, just imagine what we could do with our time if weren't zombied out in front of the TV for hours on end each week.

Internet is a little different, it gives you a choice in some ways but TV is useless! Where are all the documentaries and education that is really interesting!?

Instead the youth of today can't wait to get home and watch one tree hill or gossip girl... WTF!

edit on 13-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned

Originally posted by Lightbringer38

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears
Terence Mckenna can articulate himself extremely well, you should here him talk about dmt...he is the only person I have ever heard come close to describing it. And the use of it is the reason he views the world the way he does.

Yeah I have listened to just about all Terence Mckennas speeches.. Yeah I want to do '___' some day.. haha

Don't want to sound like a know-it-all, but if you decide to try a substance containing '___' or one of it's chemical relatives then do some research first, like consulting Erowid, or talking with people who have tried it. It is probably one of the most potent psychoactive substances known to humans. The good thing is that it occurs naturally in our bodies anyway, so the uptake is fast. Using a moderate dose, trips shouldn't last longer than 5-15 minutes, as long as you're not combining other drugs with it.

A good book to read too is the 'The Spirit Molecule' (Strausman), but this was all lab tests. Don't these guys get set and setting !!

Peace Out

Thanks I have never read the book but I have seen the amazing documentary on "The Spirit Molecule" it changed my life, I really enjoyed it. Thanks again. It is almost impossible for someone to get there hands on '___' I am thinking on going to the amazon rainforest one day and using ayawaska it contains '___' and it last about 6 hours and it is under the control of the people who run it so it is safe. I am thinking on saving some money up and doing it one day. I have watched interviews of people who have been to this place and they said their lives have been changed ever since.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

you should get your hearing checked....and I don't mean that as an insult. I'm just being honest. I had no issue understanding him over the music at all.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Ah a very positive message from the heart. I would add that culture and tradition go hand in hand. To repeat the same action again and again because its traditional.

Culture and tradition are the things they teach us very early by enmeshing our minds in activity like Christmas, Thanksgiving and Memorial day, among others. They teach us to saluter the flag. Who invented the idea of a flag anyway? It is how they hoodwinked us all from the very beginning, molding our brains to fit the "norm" so that as adults they can call upon these pavlovian responses to do their dirty work for them. Grrrr...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by reitze
That voice makes me cringe. I openly support gay rights but when I have to listen to a voice like that it makes me cringe. And if I cant get away from it easily it makes my blood boil. Obviously there's a part of me that's is NOT GAY TOLERANT. It makes feel an inner rage.

wow..

You sound angry. I guess you watched a different video, or maybe you're just that naive, but there isn't anyone who is gay in the video posted in the OP.

Ive always enjoyed this one:

edit on 5/13/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Cultures are a shame to humanity. They divide people and have no real substance.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Cultures are a shame to humanity. They divide people and have no real substance.

Exactly what Mckenna is getting at!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by reitze

wow..
You sound angry. I guess you watched a different video, or maybe you're just that naive, but there isn't anyone who is gay in the video posted in the OP.

Ive always enjoyed this one:

No I watched the video in the OP. It is the voice that seems to get under my skin. As its been a while now since seeing that video and creating a poop-storm on that video's comments... The best self-analysis I can come up with is that a girlfriend in the early 1990s had a gay best friend who was overly flamboyant. He went out of his way to annoy others with that same lisp-styled voice with physical gestures that made his sexuality part of the environment just being in the same room. Some of my respect of gays increased being around him and his boyfriend. But OMG there were some annoying aspects to it too. Hearing the voice of that video brought back part of that emotion. And no I don't stay mad... that rage/aggrivation sense quickly turns to a sense of puke barf ralf yuck.

In the context of this thread? Well McKenna did some great work studdying the mayan culture and as in that video reflecting how out of touch we've become with the earth in this culture - I agree with him and appreciate his work on that level... but that video just isn't something I would pass along. If I had never had that experience getting to know that girlfriends friends nor the spiritual awakening I went through back then, then I can say that video would be even more repulsive to me than it is in its current form. So in short...

The voice in that video severely adversely impacts its effectiveness with the intended audience (mainstream straight-christian USA-earth-abusing culture which is in my perception openly homophobic).
edit on 5/16/2012 by reitze because: -

edit on 5/16/2012 by reitze because: -

top topics

<< 1   >>

join