It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

moma2s NewAge Hockey System

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ok lets go easy here.

Build off of the last game.

Everyone is working hard and dialed in however some men are opening it up to get the pressure off of their chests internally.

Some men handle pressure differently than others,and keep themselves motivated in different ways.

The men who need to work their internal pressure off so they feel like they are worth their salt,which seems like most of the roster NEED HELP to cleanse their souls this way.

So basiclly lets see the same effort from the last three games carry over tonight.

When Taylor or anyone else backchecks their velvet Crown Royal Bag off and pressures the puck all the way back,WORK OFF OF THAT.Use that momentum because this is one of the key areas the team needs to work in .

Understand the value and importance of this extended puck pursuit and backcheck,this action allows you to regain control of a bit of momentum you lose when you lose the puck,the simple action of a hard and dedicated backcheck FORCES the speed of the playaction back into your own end.

LETS EMPHASIZE THIS AGAIN OK? One of the core value drivers of any system is to dictate the pace momentum and speed in ANY area of the game consistantly enough to build tactics off of this control.

There are many ways to accomplish this in a 60 minute game and the hardest one to execute because of conditioning requirements and which produces the most impact offensively is the extended prolonged aggressive backcheck.

For a team that focused so much on conditioning this group sure took a long time to clue in to this simple application of one of their strengths.

When the defense can ESTIMATE or READ the incoming speed of the puck and the playaction their job becomes EASIER and MORE MISTKE FREE.

This well executed backcheck isnt being done so the man doing the checking can bump up his cardio workout,it is just the beginning of a forced play he is starting 150 feet away from his net.

Why would you waste this advantage EVER?

This is where communication becomes key,when the backchecker is yelling that he is on him and the defense can throw a body fake or make a pressure move to stop the playaction or force the incoming puck carrier to pause just FOR A BLONDE ONE,this should in many cases be just enough for the backchecker to get that 1/2 step he needed to strip the puck and turn the play around.

This dynamic is where the men need to apply the superior communication and get verbal.High speed high pressure coming back beind the puck with high pressure loud verbal exchanges coming from behind do kind of "hurry up" the playactions.

Once the coaches SEE this and ACT on this then they can FORM SOME OFFENSIVE TACTICS off of the dynamic.

Keep it simple,you know like a key word for the backchecker to yell then HE KNOWS he will catch the puck carrier by a specific point on the ice,pick a spot and make it the call-point to reduce errors. Decide where the envelope is and make sure your d-men never get caught stepping up at the wrong times ,because this is exactly what they will need to do,become STAND-UP DEFENCEMEN,this is the best way to utilise a ferocious and aggressive backcheck,you just time it right and step up on the puck carrier forcing him to pass or pause,pausing means losing the puck to the backcheck who is also pressuring one side harder than the other reducing pass options.

When executed properly this extended high pressure backcheck supported by a well timed step-up by the defense can easily and consistantly turn the playaction around and into an odd man rush going the other way.

When possesion transitions happen because of extra-hard effort at these speeds and in these dynamic situations the turnaround is equally impressive and your options are platinum if you execute and recover the puck in the right spots.,going back against the grain.

I am not teling anyone what to do,just saying.

It isnt only Taylor working hard on the back check others are stepping it up as well, Sam Gagner has always been extra hard on the backpressure when the puck is turned over,maybe the lessons are rubbing off now,the cause is not important but supporting the excellent work is very important.

Ebbs needs to start drinking coffee before games,he needs to have just one etra large double double before game time,his adrenaline can jump into high gear on a dime,so why not kickstart the process to begin games and not have to wait for the warmup routine,Jordan is one of the rare NHL players whose game continues to go up up up as games play out,his game gets steadily better over 60 minutes it does not flag or slow down.Why not try a simple harmless Jump-start to the game,i doubt the trainers would have an issue unless players start showing up with those big Coffee Buckets I see out there somewhere.I doubt there would be much impact for most guys anyways this is an Ebbs tip not a team tip.

Lets not forget to try to use our assets optimally,J Schultz can now be asked to kick it up a notch,whatever system is being used will NEED to pick up the pace,we have assets that we cannot afford to let stagnate at the NHL level and J Schultz is the prime example behind Nail,we NEED or the TEAM needs these men to be optimised every night.

The COACHES need to make these things happen from within their systems performance envelopes the responsibility is not upon the players it is upon the coaches.

Just for the record, this backchecking pressure and the attatched tactical dynamics it allows you to create ought to be ver very familiar to Messier,those dynamics were a key component of developing the Dynastys style there was an early evolutionary phase where that team also figured out the true value of this extra-hard work and the opportunity they could take advantage of to run the pace of the game at their comfort zone speed,full bore,heads up arse down firewagon hockey BOTH DIRECTIONS.

Firewagon hockey MUST be played in both directions,this is a classic misnomer coaches make,thinking offense is stick and run,forget about it man,offense begins all over the ice.If you are even going to consider an highly offensive style you need the overall roster conditioning to be off the charts because you need to work harder in BOTH directions.Rushing the puck one direction at high speed is just step one ,that speed and momentum need to be managed and applied in a seamless manner to support re-gaining momentum of the game when possesion is not converted into a shot and a goal but is instead lost.

Offense is not a one-way street.It is double the workload when executed properly.

I doubt the opponent has changed much since the last meeting,so one would expect the game to start off with a bang,we should be hitting them the exact same ways we did last time and immediatly within two or three possesions making a tactical evaluation and if needed adjustments,small ones,SMALL ones.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Strangest thing,I missed the entire 1st period,there was a Flames game on my channel I needed and then when I tuned back in the 1st of the Oilers game was ending.It is what it is.Cant say much if I havent seen anything happening out there.

Oh well,I will need 3 or 4 minutes to dial in in the 2nd.After the PK is over I guess.

There isnt much to change right now,other than to not let their kid play around behind the net so much.

The excellent puck pursuit is continuing tonight and it is having a real tangible impact on how the team looks out there.Nuge nearly turned one around there.

Smytty needs to get in front of that glove hand of their tender,their d-men are giving him the other side easily for a reason.Force the screen over to the glove side.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This goalie is a shrimp,on the wraparounds just hold on for a split second longer and you will get around him.His body is short.Take him there.

Very nice extended puck pursuit by Hall and Nuge has been doing the same thing all game long.EXCELLENT.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Maybe lets skate the puck laterally across the blueline a bit more and keep possesion on the PP high like that.

Overall they are willing to back off to our speed and give us their zone so the through the legs relay back looked good already next time make sure the relay is picked up and steamed at the net coming from behind with greater speed,dont look shot after the relay blast past everyone and go for it at the net.

When you gain the offensive zone go immdiatly to the halfwall and stop to force the d-man to pop over,in fact go a few feet past the half-wall to activate the d-man in front to drag him out so he doesnt stay put counting on the backcheck to catch up which is what they are doing, al you want to do is pull the d-man from out front over,so once you gain the o-zone remember they are counting on a hard backcheck so dont try to pull up immediatly,just take it in deeper so you can make the d-man in front have to make a decision,if he thinks you are to fast for his backcheck to handle he will pop out to deal with you,so you are gaining the o-zone KNOWING the backcheck will pursue you deep, so go deep enough fast enough to force the d-man to react and if you get past the halfwall and the backcheck catches up ,just tap it back to your d-man who will be waiting on the boards high on the blueline then go for the deflection of his shot,but use the easy zone entry to force their d-man out to you.

The reason they are giving the zone easily is so they can rely on a backcheck pressure and keep their d-men planted where they want them in front not having to move very much,we want those d-men to move more and we want to find a way to use the backcheck against them.If you go deeper and the d-man doesnt come out to meet you then you know the backchecker is right on you because the d-man hasnt come out,be aware of the coming contact and be ready to tap it back to the d-man who needs to be ready to get a shot on net, CLEAR ONE,if it isnt clear dont shoot it just bang it back into the corner and let the winger bring it out and to the net shooting for his knee caps or the tops of his pads from those bad angles on the corner possesions, handcuff him with that shot if you can from the corner sides make him fumble the puck in front as much as you can.We have been shooting like robots from the high blueline and also passing that way and it is hurting us,if you shoot to low he will kick the pucks out so hit him in spots he has less control over.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Their forecheckers are lazy sometimes and give up because they are thinking about line changes,they peel off early and head over to the bench,take advantage of this and when they do that skate it in right behind them ASAP when they lackadasiclly peel off that way half-heartedly and take the puck in using them as a screen and run it through their line change maybe drawing a call and causing some static for them.

Look for deflections backdoor more, start trying to get your sticks on those pucks,or try to hit the guy on the backdoor side earlier.

It seems we need to take the puck to the net and if they wont let us then we need to make moves in tight sooner and force them to interfere with us while we are taking shots, so instead of driving all the way in make a move and shoot from the perimeter,but make a move dont just blast a wrister on net,force the d-men to stop a MOVE dont just let them take the body and pass away.

If they are giving us the zone but we cant establish a net front prescence then we must score on deflections from slightly outside, we need to work on the perimeter offense without using long slappers from the blueline.

Make your shots scoop shots and redirections,begin to speed things up,if they wont let you get to the net then get the shots on net faster,speed them up by changing the shot selection,every pass is a potential one-timer or scoop shot. Make it happen.

Just chip pucks up and over that little spud Vlarmov. Deflections and onetimers or scoop shots from in close,speed er up boys. They wont give you the net positioning so just get your sticks where you need them and be ready to get to the loose pucks first by staying on the outside and letting your stick do the work,but you must be on the loose pucks first if you go for the deflections and dont dig in in front.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The shots are getting off faster the game has been speeded up.

We are using a solid periphery offense to counter their netfront dominance positionally.

To bad we didnt start playing like this 20 minutes ago.

It was a good game,no regrets on this one, to bad about the shorty,maybe we should get the drift and start working on our own PK offense like many other teams are doing .

I didnt see an entire period ,but by the 2nd there wasnt much to add on this one really.All we had to do was find ways do get around their net front presence and dominance,they were giving us the o-zone and counting on their backcheck,all we had to do was pull the d-men out from the front using corner pressure a bit more.

They decided to give us the easy o-zone entrys that was the difference I saw tonight from them, they made sure they kept their d-men glued to their positions and used backchecking pressure to hurry us into the zone and force us into their d-men in front of the net.We couldnt use the blueline shots because their support was coming in late and interfereing,overall we had to find ways to move their d-men out from in front of the net or devise peripheral offense to work around them which is what we did but not until quite late in the game,minutes are like gold in an NHL game you need to make those adjustments ASAP,in this case we DID IN FACT make the right adjustments as we saw as the game began to expire,in retrospect had we made those exact adjustments a lot sooner we can expect we would have had a better chance to win it.

I dont have a lot of issues with the game aside from the loss of two points.

Obviously Oreily and Mckinnon should have been targeted and exposed for their lack of experience,especially oreily who was shaky quite a few times.

There was nothing outstanding about the win or the loss,it was a run of the mill NHL game, without the 1st period to use and basing my assesment on the 2 periods I did see,overall it was nothing to wrte home about but we definately had the insie track a few times over the 60 minutes.

As long as I dont see blowouts and domination I am happy.

I have seen a lot of recent improvements,but it seems like there are only a few guys working harder at the same times out there,I am not seeing the positive and proper adjustments going across the board,and when it is something as important as the recent focus on hard extended backchecking you NEED everyone buying into that process,that is a high level focus to work on and can pay great dividends.

Final thought on the game is that now the "book' better have a new chapter on how to utilise a solid effective perimeter offense when you cannot out position an opponent in front of the net consistantly. A nice attempt was made to work around their net protection and it was looking good for the length of time it was executed in the 3rd period.

At least someone sees the value and application of speedng up the shots and pressure the way we saw tonight briefly.To little to late but as long as someone is writing this down for posteritys sake things will balance out later.

Roy found a way to suck us into the o-zone and to also keep his d-men planted in front without moving them,he used his d-me backing in early and often giving easy zone entrys and steady backchecking pressure to herd us all in tighter and tighter from behind.

Next time we will use the upspeed man to hammer the snot out of him.That is the best way to force their d-men out to the sides and away from the netfront.

They wouldnt play firewagon hockey with us tonight,they rope-a-doped it,next time we will not let them do that to us,we know their cheezy tactics now,we will TAKE those easy zone entrys and use those collapsing d-men and that half-hearted backcheck against them and rip them up .

We just couldnt figure out what to do with the puck after those o-zone entrys with no d-men coming out to challenge us conventionally.By sitting back their d-men forced us to play an inside tight game that took away our playmaking abilitys,and we didnt have the tactical shooting acumen available tonight to devise ways to focus an effective periphery offense on them.Next time we will,now we have seen their adjustments from the game before,so they will not be doing this to us again I assume.
Tonight they found creative ways to slow the game down on us and for themselves,it was interesting but not earth shattering at all in fact we have already solved this adjustment,I wish I had seen the entire game in sequence from the 1sr period on to know if they were doing this the entire game or if they adjusted into it.They didnt change the 2 periods I watched so I assume they started that way and stuck to the gameplan for a full 60 minutes.

Roy is fun,he tries to think the game as hard as he played it,he would be a blast in the playoffs.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Actually Jonesy has a history of kickstarting the PP.

And Gordon needs to shoot the puck more unless he is still tender.

The PP is fine,the issue stems from the mentality that is pervading it.

Just like it is regressive to pull your tender to early,it is also regressive to approach your PP with an improper focus.

Listen URGENCY is the catalyst of the time-line differentials affecting this team,none of these concepts will go away until they are challenged and adjusted.

Pulling your goalie to early re-sets everyones mindset,and they fall onto individual and different timelines immediatly,as soon as their sixth sense tells them they are entering the phase of the game where the tender will be pulled and they will "get help",THERE IS NO HELP,pulling the tender early sends the message that there is in fact help ON THE WAY.

This is a regressive and WRONG message to send at the end of a game,there is no continuity of purpose.

The PP IS NOT A TIME TO SET UP AND TAKE IT EASY.

For cripes sakes if you have a man advantage you do not slow it down and give your opponent chances to get set up themselves,goals in the NHL are scored the EXACT same ways 5on5 or SH or on the PP,by catchingopponents making bad transitional decisions.

Your FOCUS shouldnt change one iota when you go on the PP everything should become easier,and IF IT ISNT then something core is wrong with your approach overall.

This isnt a matter of details or bounces,this is a matter of focus and intentions and URGENCY.

Were I a coach I would be better off greelighting everyone to play river hockey and simply keep my best d-men as the ONE MAN BACK.
Play if 4 on 4 over the center line.

Actually the NHS core value drivers fit the PP dynamic perfectly but I am NOT describing them online for everyone to scab from me. This thread is getting more and more attention now and soon will be to hot to post critical data on.

Remember the goal about 5 or 6 games ago where taylor caught everyone napping and snuck in behind everyone?Well that is essentially the effect you get at both ends of the ice using an NHS modified PP.

I wont complicate things,and try to explain any more "NHS" modifications.

Simply put it makes no sense to change the way you approach the game when you go on the PP,overthinking the PP is killing you.Simply keep making solid zone transitions and converting possesions into shots,why change anything at all?

Get more aggressive closing on the net and keep one man BACK at all times,really far back.Make them all collapse to the net by sending 4 men to the net yourself,and not all at the same time,send them in waves but keep the defensive players pinned down low where they cant break out on you,all this passing only gives them better positioning sooner than they deserve to get it.You arent making them WORK for their positioning you are slowing down your zone transitions and your o-zone penetrations to "make sure' or something weird like that,it is senseless to me when I see it.

Just approach the PP like the game,make aggressive zone transitions using your strengths mainly speed and puck skills keeping it simple,then once you have gained the o-zone --- Keep ONE man wayyy back like drop the sucker 5 feet above the o-zone blueline and work them 4 on 4 ,taking them inside towards the net ASAP,all your passes should be the strangeling type that close the gap little by little ,each pass closing and collapsing forcing all 4 of their defenders down low where you can control them.

The reality is that if you use observational data from wraparounds which tells you that a very high number of rebounds off of them trickle through the middle and make it to the high blueline area then you have an idea of where I am taking this,the REASON those rebounds get so far back to the blueline without being picked up by anyone is because EVERYONE IS TO BUSY TO BREAK THEIR FOCUS. When we have all 5 men forcing things to the periphery we get caught and burned to many times with those passes and shots that are blocked and sent right back at us,especially from the middle.

You need to remember which way the defenders are facing and where they are vulnerable and where they are weak.

If they are covering the middle and you make perimeter passes that allow them to get turned and build speed and momentum you are helping them not yourself.

Once you get the defense collapsing you DO NOT WANT THEM coming out of that mess ,you want to keep them tied up in close.

I tightly played 4 on 4 from the centerice in with one man back AT ALL TIMES is critical.

Just keep that man hovering safely and let him look for those rebounds that we KNOW will be popping out into the middle of the o-zone with no one chasing them immediatly,with everyone tied up,if that d-man hanging back makes confident and smart reads he will get lots of chances to score goals or make sweet passes,he just needs to time himself so he is gently coming forward at
the right times and NEVER come in so fast that a breaking defender can win a foot race with you.

I would tink that penetrating zone entrys looking for a solid and tacticlly placed first shot ,with support coming in and collapsing the defense inwards is the key here,just LEAVE ONE MAN FARRR BACK.Dont make him trail the play coming into the zone and telegraph,or maybe send the d-men in as usual and have a forward cycle back to cover or keep a forward ready to drop into low support in the d-mans spot approaching the o-zone then use a d-man to support the initial zone penetration so he can USE HIS FORWARD MOMENTUM TO BREAK OFF THE ATTACK EARLY as soon as the puck is established deep in the zone,just have him attack hard and then cycle back out without losing any of his dominant speed so he can switch up with the forward covering for him,let the other men collapse the defense in as these two transition spots,this way you have speed going in speed coming out and lastly a forward with speed coming back in again.

Once the d-man who penetrates,he doesnt need to be the puck carrier he just needs to carry high speed and remember to swoop through the zone and NOT get caught up in the playactuon because he is a DIVERSION,returns to his safe spot in the n-zone close enough to poke the puck back into the zone in an emergency but NO CLOSER,then you are set up,you should have a 4on4 collapsed at the net with everyone scrambelling for the puck trying to just get it away from the net front,in all likelyhood popping the puck right back to the only man in a position to pick it up,our d-man hanging wayyy back.

Do not let that fall-back d-man get jumpy and come in to fast for loose pucks surrendering his positioning,remind him that his teammates will be looking to push loose pucks out to him instead of back at the net if they find them in the middle areas,it is better to maintain puck control than give it up and be scored on shorthanded.so in essence we DONT CARE if the puck comes out of the o-zone as much as is traditional,we are more concerned with keeping the puck in our hands.

We need to work HARDER on the PP not take our time and we cannot be getting scored upon so we need to artificially create a dynamic in which we can safely work harder and express more urgency,the idea is to see the first 30 seconds of every PP look like the last 30 seconds of a game where we have pulled the goalie and are gunning for it 100%.

To

edit on 20-12-2013 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
What you want to do is intentionally create an URGENT but safe 4 on 4 where you can all-out attack the net without worrying about the puck going back on you.

For every man we send to the net they must also send one,we know from experience that most PP goals are scored off of numbers mismatches so we simply send IN WAVES all 4 men to the net and FORCE them to counter that or let us chop away at them,as soon as we suck them into collapsing in to their net we have the terminal advantage because if all 4 of our men work hard and together it will be simple to pressure the opponent into losing the puck to our "safe' man in the n-zone.We simply start tacticlly focusing on areas other teams ignore.We observe honestly where other teams have stung us and we adjust those areas into strengths for ourselves using the edge they discovered ,we turn the tables using their focus as our template,they read us better than we do so why not piggyback all of their hard work.

There is an advanced version of this impact that also forces the defenders to collapse and STAY collapsed using only 4 of our men,leaving the 5th to freelance,you may thank Wayne for that one,although you may never see the Oilers use the tactic at this rate.

In short,instead of spreading the defense out looking for an edge we COLLAPSE them in to find an edge.

After experiencing the Lanches defense sucking us into the o-zone by falling back we should understand how important it can be to force your opponent into congested areas where you are already in a position of strength.

You could have used short dump-ins to force those d-men out but it would have been sketchy because Roy is trying to teach his team to backcheck as a system core value as we saw tonight,so their support would have been rolling in right behind you at full speed.
Their d-men would have stayed in front and held the line letting their backcheckers staple us to the boards trying to pick up the dumpins on the backboards.

Patrick got lucky tonight but on the upside we will all get to see him blow a fuse next time we play and he tries the same thing,actually it was a pretty weak reply by him but he DID put some thought into it showing that someone is doing their homework over there.

I would so love to be a fly on the walls of the Western Conference opponents coaches offices if the Oilers ever openly stated they had retained Moma2 and the NHS.Simply because so many of them know what it is and how the dynamic developed.The NewAge Hockey System has over one million hits,who exactly do you think is reading this stuff?There was no such thing as the newage hockey system untill it was created it a bit over 3 years ago.

At this point it would strike definate fear into our conferance,the Eastern Conferance is still relatively clueless but will be in full gear switching over to the NHS modified adjusted-hybrid after the Western Conference wins yet another Cup this season,they will have NO CHOICE but be assimilated or they will continue to lose.

Good luck with the PP gents,as odd as it seems to hear my suggestions , remember that if a team doesnt have a congruent and consistant sense of urgency supporting continuity of focus they are working on different timelines and will suffer constant and consistant disconnects.

I dont care how newage the timeline references are because traditional hockey thinking does not provide an adequate substitute for the terminology or concepts.After all it WAS hockey people harping about time and space for many many years,now they can have full and accurate interpretations of the impact those tangible actions can have on the intangible side of the game.

You cant have all four wheels of a car rotating at different times now can you?And claim they are all turning together,even if it looks this way from a distance. This is what happens when there is no commonly accepted and incorporated sense of urgency running through every aspect of hockey operations.Wow now I have expanded to Hockey Operations,I guess it was just a matter of time,or timelines ha ha ha ha.

Relax now men,if there was ever any doubt as to the seasons final direction it is gone now.Lets make some meaningfull changes now,lets learn some new things,and lastly lets learn to keep things in-house before the entire NHS is exposed over some differences of principal.You still have an entirely new and unseen system of play available that NO ONE has implemented or even conceptualised. Just spend the rest of this year trying to help dallas learn what an NHS modified Adjusted-Hybrid is and what it can do,if you can get that done by the end of the year the roster will be ready to make the huge jump to the full and complete NHS next season.if you cannot execute and understand what other teams are now doing enmasse you will not be able to understand the NHS and how it works to naturally snuff out the NHS modified Adjusted-hybrid.

Remember that the few adjustments teams are implementing and having awsome success with are simply components of the BASE of the NHS,these positive impacts teams are already seeing PALE IN COMPARISON to what the NewAge Hockey System will do to their systems,and this applies to ALL of them because none have shown the acumen or ability to implement all of the data provided so far,so you see it is OBVIOUS they cannot do this or they would have already.Just one core value adjustment is a handfull for an NHL coaching team and because just one adjustment can create immediate positive impacts teams arent in any hurry to fix something they just dont think is broken.

So if you add the best recent adjustments by the Kings,Hawks,Blues,Canucks,Avalanche and a few others together you will have some semblance of the overall cumulative impact of the full and complete NHS.

Each of these teams has chosen the core value adjustment best suited to the pre-existing system they were using before the NHS showed up on the scene.

The kicker is that the NHS actually evolved OUT of the systems they were all already using,so they are adding water to water and calling it oil.All they are doing is managing their systems differently,with more built in intuition,it is the manual or strong-arm way to optimise their systems.The reason they cannot use all of the data is because it takes an Intuition level that is off the charts to understand how to seamlessly incorporate so many core value changes in an optimal manner.

No NHL team can stop the show long enough to teach everything to everyone from the ground up,no one.

No NHL team can break their own system down to its core value building blocks and then put it back together better than it was,because these systems are all OLD and have been around since the game was invented,they bring nothing new to the table so it would be regressive.But they can and will ADD some small new adjustments to those systems if they dont have to delete anything from what they are already doing.They need a path of least resistance to follow,you gotta make it easy or they will be intimidated.

Ya,personally I would choose to make the rest of the season an NHS classroom , once the adjustments the team was working on last year are revisited for a longer period this season the kinks will begin to be worked out.at the end of the day if the coaches cannot understand how other teams are generating their successes then they cannot evolve past these teams.The NHS is no shortcut,you

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
It was nice to see an Oiler acting like a hockey player who wants to win, thank you Sam Gagner you made the evening for me.

If more of the roster followed the lead Taylor and Sam and David express things would be better.Hopefully we can see this pushback more this season.In all fairness to Sam stay back or you WILL get your teeth rearranges,he just lost the start to what would have been a career year for him to some idiot,he WILL NOT BE VICTIMISED AGAIN EASILY.Is anyone learning from him? In my opinion he pulled up to much,he should have followed through harder with the crosscheck to the mouth.The player trying to hurt him is a fringe skill player and if you let those types hurt you you shouldnt be playing hockey in the first place.

I support a no holds barred reply when the lines of personal injury are crossed,if you are going to take a liberty with me I WILL hurt you back worse than your intentions are for me.

I didnt want to say this so early in the season but the dynamic has gone into the crapper so why not,its not going to exactly rock the boat at this point.

Our defense isnt naturally nasty enough, and to top it off the coaching and managment staff are to behind the curve to listen to EVERYTHING I advise so they are not seeing the critical need to establish a stand-up defense to counter the NHS modified Adjusted-Hybrids they are seeing every other night this season.Oh they know its happening all right,but are derelict in admitting why they all have the letter NHS branded across their arses and will for life.The NHS isnt going away,it never was,it is growing at a frantic pace even faster than I had anticipated,I was not accurate in my assesment of the average NHL coaches abilitys some of them have surprised me,ones I didnt expect can smell the right scent if they get close enough to it,strangely ones I assumed would immediatly see the light are so tradition bound they are hopeless.

The future impacts of the NHS influences will be a leaguewide need for big tall mobile nasty stand-up defensemen.The puck moving d-man will become a privilage to have on a roster as it was in the past. Small d-men and the mobile puckmovers are usually that CANNOT handle the zone entry tactics they will be seeing from the NHS modified Adjusted-hybrids they will be facing more and more,they cannot cover enough ice to be effective,they need to move their feet to much to get where they need to be and once they are established they cannot HOLD THE LINE.They simply do not carry large enough spheres of influence.

I could explain in more detail why this evolution will be fast and very impactfull but I am not being renumerated for this effort.Ha ha ha ha.

Kevin Lowe should have seen this coming,but then again before the NHS was created NOTHING WAS coming,ha ha ha ha ha hahaa.

Lucky you got Nurse when and how you did.He will prove to be one of the most important Oilers ever over the next 5 years mark my words,he will be anchoring a Stanley Cup defense within that time span.

I gave K-Lowe a 2 year head start getting trades lined up and prospects put into the system,my preaching to plan on adjusting to a stan-up defensive style is not a new mantra it is already 2 yers old.He just refused to listen.

You may regret losing a specific younger stand-up type d-man who was a good prospect a few years ago,a very good one.

There was no backchecking support to back up the type of d-man I am referring to back then ,but that support is here now it has shown up the last 2 games and it will NOT go away now.Guaranteed.

With the type of backchecking pressure a high speed team can generate the need for top line puck moving d-men diminishes greatly,and that component of the game becomes a minority issue and is much easier to manage and carries a much more terminal impact.You want your d-man offense to come "out of nowhere" so naturally if half or more of your d-men are puckmovers nothing is a surprise to the opposition right?

There was a reason only one Paul Coffey was playing on the Dynasty team,and a reason that rosters defense was so TOUGH,they were all stand-up d-men or hybrids of that type of player.

We have a balanced cross section of defensive skillsets right now,to balanced as we will soon be seeing,if it hasnt sunk in by the end of this year it will surely sink in when Eastern Conference teams begin using NHS modifications.

There are 2 d-men on the ice on every shift,that is where the grit and nasty needs to be coming from,we had an imbalance of smaller skilled players at forward for a plain and simple reason,they are the most skilled men we could find,and we need them that way.

Actually Ference is growing on me,lose the Captaincy BS and he would be creeping on me man ,he is showing the right levels of nasty game in and game out now although he sure started off like a snowflake.But if a d-man is going to be smaller like he is they had better be as gritty as he is,and make consistantly solid decisions as he does.And even at that a roster can only handle one smaller d-man who isnt an offensive wizard off the rush,everyone should stop referring to d-men who pick up cherry points as offensive,if you cant effectively finish 200 foot rushes with the puck you are NOT an offensive d-man.Very few men can do this at the NHL level.The sooner we establish a stand-up defense the sooner J Schultz is properly valuated and this is critical before we screw his contrbution levels and potentials up as we are borderline doing right now.Now we are overvaluating the offense all our d-men can contribute,we dont need these contributions from much more than J Schultz.Well now we do but soon we wont,we will be struggeling to find the proper type of d-man to play the stand-up style.

This prediction about the evolution of NHL defenses we will soon see is 100% based off of the impacts the NHS has had and will continue to have on how the NHL game is played for at least a decade and likely longer.So if you dont believe these NHS impacts are real and tangible then you should have no reason to believe the defensive changes I advocate now are coming in the future.

You do NOT want to get caught with a Doughty contract next year or the year after,a LOT of teams are going to regret the bucks they have paid certain types of d-men who will soon be replaced by a different breed.Soon you will see why I think Subban is extremely overrated,he is so far from an offensive defenseman that it is laughable.Once he runs into a decent stand-up defense his offense will disappear.
And his valuation will dip epiclly.

A team caught relying on that type of offense will not go far come playoff time in the near future.

The only reason we see so many d-men playing like forwards is because opposition FORWARDS let them do this.Once things stabilise over next year and the year after and we see the NHS influences leading the leagues evolution in BOTH Conferences
we will see d-men playing like d-men again,and we will see clean and exciting hitting back in the game,not to mention less hits from behind.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The PP isnt so bad off right now.

The shorthanded GA are not as much of a problem as you think,they are actually the cure.

Wherever you can identify consistancy you can derive an advantage.

Accurately valuate the causality of the shortys and you have the curative measures you need to implement.

Were all the goals scored because oponents have dialed in to a structural or habitual system weakness?Is this something opponents are going by the book on?

Were the goals caused by a variety of different things across the board?

Are there specific traditional instinctual defensive motions opponents are making that we are playing into somehow.

You need to review all 8 goals and look for the patterns that DEFINATELY EXIST.

Even if the pattern is a "chaos pattern" with 8 different causalitys it is critical to identify this .

We arent leading the NHL in this dept. for nothing,all we need to do is self-valuate more accurately than the opponents are valuating us,and their actions against us are the best litmus test of causality.

So relax and look at the data and identify the patterns and make tactical adjustments.

If Dallas took the time to write down the top 20 questions he has about his teams results I could show him how to correctly valuate and adjust EVERYTHING,and all I would need for data is what he already has in his head.

Just give me twenty "whys" and "how comes' and I will give you twenty accurate valuations and adjustments that all seamlessly work together.

At least this way you can keep your system influences as they are and not change anything core value.This isnt about drastic changes it is about superior managment strategys of existing structure.

This is about putting all of those details and small things and TIDBITS together into a pattern of habits you need to utilise then implementing this pattern or Tactical Template into your existing system execution.All the men need to do the same things at the same different times.Not the same things at the same times.

You need consistancy of execution on a macro level,the timing will always be fluid in a hockey game,which is why traditional defense is useless now and will become even moreso in the next 5+ years in the NHL.There is a superior managment program available now that has changed the entire playing field.

Traditional defense is based on timing more than dynamic impact,and this is the Achillies heel I identified years ago as a non-hockey player,I mean this elephant jumped right out at me it was that obvious.

A system managed using Intuitive Dynamic Managment FEEDS OFF OF STRUCTURED DEFENSE.

The tighter your defense gets the more impact the NHS managment concepts manifest or create,you strangle yourself the more you focus on defense and consistancy.

You feed the fire when you try to use traditional defensive influences which is why teams are at a loss for words after being hammered by an Intuitive Dynamic Management program.They really do not know what happened,they really played better defense than they ever have and things REALLY KEPT GETTING WORSE THE HARDER THEY TRIED AND TIGHTER THEY PLAYED TOGETHER.

Doesnt anyone see that this is an impossible dynamic to have manifest unless there are core value problems system-wise?

You cannot possibly have an opponent doing MORE damage to you as you play better overall team defense.Right?Ha ha ha ha.WRONG.

If it seems impossible to you to even believe then it is over your head.You cannot understand anything new unless you are willing to open your mind to new things.

You cannot take one or two or three small concepts out of one superior singular system influence that have been translated into tactics tailormade and simply paste them onto your own system and then expect to realise results equal or greater than those derived from the source of your data.The Mother system the NHS produces record setting results,the small bits and pieces I have tailored to the systems teams use today will NEVER realise these elite results,these teams usung Intuitive Dynamic Managment to reinforce their existing systems will ALWAYS see better results than they ever saw before,but this does not mean they are optimal results.Better in the NHL is HUGE,it is what entire managment groups try to do in a cumulative action,so any time there is an immediate improvement teams are NOT inclined to keep adding anything.Never mind the fact that managers tend to credit themselves if there is no name to the system or program that they are forced to aknowledge.This was something that I considered years ago when I created my initial Tactical Template for introducing the NHS to the world.

I couldnt have injected the viral component of the NHS into the NHL if I had taken steps to formalise the NewAge Hockey System,this meant that I didnt get the kudos or the renumeration,but the sacrifice was needed to speed up the process,if no one has to pay and it works then it is like little piggys all rushing to the trough at supper-time.No one cares what is in the trough or how it got there they just want their share ASAP as long as they get fatter at the end of the day..

At this point it matters not because no one is reversing this trend now it is to late,teams are realising better results and are running with it now.

This change is all a part of a much bigger tactical template,you aint seen nothin yet man.

All I need to do is have a team in the playoffs and its game over for every opponent out there.If I have a connection to an underdog team i will turn them into an overdog team within 5 minutes of realtime playactions on the ice.

I understand why hockey professionals cannot handle the new truths they are being forcefed,its ok.

I have projected this same dynamic impact everywhere I have decided to hang my hat for my entire lifetime.With me change is not an IF it is a WHEN.And I do look for a finite end to my involvement,once things are optimised i am not interested anymore.I thrive on the process because the process of positive change is where my strengths are.

I have been very lucky to be privilaged enough to carry this perspective and I appreciate it for what it is.

There is ALWAYS a more right answer,ALWAYS,so to me the fun of life is finding the OPTIMAL answer,not just one that keeps the cerebral wolf from the door so to speak.

If Dallas writes down his top 20 questions he currently has about his teams results and is honest in his questions and doesnt try to overthink it I can help him.The best insurance would be if he goes over his post game interviews and simply writes down his replys to the questions the media asked him.remeber that this is a learning experience and it is catalysed by full and accurate SELF-VALUATIONS,we arent trying to find the problems externally in others,we are looking inside for the answers,we are OWNING the moments and on a NEW LEVEL accepting 100% responsibility and accountability,we are taking control of the dynamic.

So as unbelievable as it may seem,the media happens to be one of the most powerfull tools available.You see my friend,the media constantly and consistantly trolls cyber-space and keeps track of the pulse of how the game is evolving.These men bring forth very insightfull questions and are not to be ignored,many times managers dismiss them because traditionally the medias perspective has in fact been less than impactfull,but REMEMBER that the internet is still relatively

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Where was I?

The medias past contributions were catalysed by their individual perspectives which were very much exactly like those of the professionals running the show that they were reporting on.

Today the media scalps data off the internet and they are constantly and consistantly evolving their own perspectives much more and much further than actual hockey managers are able to functionally accomplish.

When a reporter asks Dallas a question today,in all likelyhood it is SOMEONE ELSES QUESTION FROM CYBER-SPACE. Years ago it was likely coming from the reporter himself.So reall Dallas you arent just answering questions from a bunch of hacks although some of them surely are just that.

The ultimate irony to me is this,ha ha ha ha ahah ha ha,taking away the donuts struck a nerve and seriously motivated the media to kick good olde Dallas in his velvet Crown Royal Bag[that phrase came from Struds by the way its not mine] and boy did they do that.

But heres the irony,this dynamic meant that they dug deeper and worked harder than ever online to find new and effective ways of landing those kicks,and this meant that they actually UPPED their game substantially.They kept pulling the most powerfull and excellent insights they could find in cyber-space OUT and tossing them at Dallas consistantly,giving him some very relevant and hard questions to answer,do you see how perfect this was?

So now to get the man on track we need to say this,those best questions were NOT coming from the reporters themselves,they were coming from cyberspace and the millions of minds contibuting there,the reporters simply skipped over lots of data looking for new and unique perspectives to throw at Dallas.So it would be fair to say that if a reporter can find data leading to questions that an NHL coach cannot comfortably or easily ask simply by surfing the net,how much better would that NHL coach be if he had access to the same volume of relevant data?How much more insightfull and accurate would the data dallas picks be than that of the reporters themselves/

We cannot however overlook the fact that this method is labor intensive and no NHL coach has time to spend 8 hrs a day online surfing,so we come bact to square one again, we NEED those reporters busting their cojones for us as a tool like they have been,ha ha,Dallases Great Donut Caper has yeilded some powerfull and unexpected positive impacts.

SO...... go back and watch,with a pen and paper in hand,all of the post game interviews this season,write down the questions and your answers,and look for patterns,then write down the top 20 YOU YOURSELF asked during those interviews,even inadertant ones in reply to the reporters you know little introspective tidbits you ask yourself verbally in 3rd person.Pull what you want for yourself out of the reporters questions that data is useless to me and much of it in the last 3-4 years ORIGINATED from the NHS influences I catalysed myself,ha ha ha,but YOUR questions will carry the answers you require right now.You dont or didnt know it till now but your habit of using a 3rd person perspective in your answers comes from Roger,I know because I often do the same thing and know why he,you and I all do it.

Putting question inside of answers illustrates a specific thinking style and perspective if you are looking to define those things.

When I was a kid in school I learned very young that it is IMPOSSIBLE TO ASK A QUESTION WITHOUT INCLUDING SOME DEGREE OF THE ANSWER WITHIN THE QUESTION ITSELF.

The person ASkING the question MUST already know the answer,logiclly speaking.

So...... if you read all the questions you will find all of the answers.

It really is this simple,you turn the intentions of the test designer into an asset for yourself and you identify the template that the individual used while formatting the exam and you just fill in the blanks and walk out of the roon in 20 minutes with full confidence that when the test results come back you WILL ALWAYS BE IN THE TOP 10%.

I am not talking just average results here not 50%s I am talking high 80% and low 90%s without even needing to study anything other than the test and the mind that built the test questions.

If you dont believe me then you are simply underinformed and I think no less of you as an individual.

Post YOUR top 20 questions here Dallas and I will show you all of the answers you want.

This is the same process I use to make read and reacts better than NHL coaching staffs consistantly,I can do it in real time and on-the-fly, because it is a SUPERIOR managment program.Intuitve Dynamic Managment is THE optimal method of competative sports managment.

Actually you should buy a pay as you do phone man and just post the # for me, there are to may ears in the cornfield these days,this data is now properly valuated around the NHL and is aggressively sought out.

Dont make anyones job easier,make them do their own legwork.

I am not concerned personally because i have NEVER MET anyone who has a high enough level of intuition to read me and keep up to what I am doing.I actually have to bring it down 5 or 6 notches so people can grasp the simplified concepts a baby step at a time.This is because if they bite off more than they can chew or the wrong data they will NOT BE ABLE TO EFFECTIVELY AND OPTIMALLY implement it and when things bog down they lose focus and give up to soon.

Again this is why your opponents cannot implement all of the core value components of the full NHS I post for them,the catalyst behind this seamless and optimal integration is INTUITION,you either have a superior level or not,you may think of it like SPEED,you either have Taylors speed or YOU DO NOT,Intuition manifests its impact as CEREBRAL SPEED,and you either HAVE IT or you DO NOT.

I have simply given NHL coaches some methods to give themselves small shots of speed similar to nitrous-oxide shots in a race car,something that gives them an immediate and superior result but because they dont carry superior Intuition it also becomes something they must work hard to get to the point that this effect can have optimal impact.The engine has to be maxing not optimally when you hit the Nitrous for you to otimise overall performance

These teams MUST execute whatever system influences they have chosen ACCURATELY and CONSISTANTLY to apply the NHS modifications,there is NO OTHER WAY TO MAKE THEM FIT SEAMLESSLY INTO WHAT THEY ARE ALREADY DOING.

Teams had to work harder at creating a CONSISTANT impact to produce a better result,nothing was free with the NHS adjustments,its just that they all get a better payback for their efforts in the win column.

Now by this point if you are paying attention your beanbag must be connecting a few dots ,hopefully.

What does the NewAge Hockey System feed off of? Other teams consistancy,wherever it manifests itself in the game.Defensive consistancy is the NHSs favorite meal.

Now factor in that the NHS modifications came from the Mother system and you have a perfect storm brewing.Now add in that the NHS itself was concieved from these traditional historic systems to start with and you do in fact have the PERFECT STORM.If you have the newAge Hockey System on your side that is.

Now is should be apparent that the trend towards the NHS modifications is established and GROWING,and NOT going anywhere for a decade at least.This means that more and more teams are buying in to mod

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
More teams are buying into modifications that encourage them to be simple but accurate and consistant in their system presentations,it is a results based evolution and will not be denied,if you win more you will endorse change.
The NHL supports increased exciting offense for a new generation of fans and less violence and fighting to support the health and well being of the players,the NewAge Hockey System is a dream for them and they are supporting teams who are converting to this system influence.This is the direction the game is evolving into and it is a very healthy progressive one for everyone involved.

Right now the NewAge Hockey System in its full and pure form would cut through the Western Conference like a hot knife through butter,i dont even consider the East because they arent predominantly evolved into the NHS modifications yet.

By next season after the 3rd Stanley Cup in a row being won using the same modifications Intuitive Dynamic Managment strategys the East will be double stepping their NHS adjustments to catch up.

The table will be fully set next season,and by God if the NHS is released with bad intentions the entire NHL will be blown up by it,and records will fall in every category imaginable.

The best part of all is that some of the teams using singular and successfull NHS mods realise their limitations by now and cannot find the key or high enough level of intuition needed to add any more,to me this is very sweet,because it is so absolutely validating on a personal level.

Like I said the answers are all in the questions themselves so dont overthink and overcomplicate a simple game,it is after all just a game.

The closer you take the game to its true roots the more offensive and exciting it becomes,this is the one single natural strength within the game of Hockey that give the game a chance at becoming healthier and more popular , other pro sports have hit the wall just like NHL hockey had 3-4 years ago,and for the exact same reasons,statistical thinking and strategising had been optimised and results validated this,there was no more excitement to be squeezed out of the games.

I got bored with just hockey last this year and designed a Tactical Template to create an epic evolution in Professional Football,but I learned from my hockey experience and evolved the process.I have had excellent reception from high level Pro Ball managment,especially after a few concepts were implemented short term and yeilded excellent results.

Did I mention that the Big Blue team cheated to beat kasparov at chess? I knew how immediatly and Kasparov knew something was up he just couldnt quantify it he felt it but had no way to define and backtrack the influence, and it was easy to find the corroberating data and facts once I reverse-extrapolated the dynamics of the games.Statistics will NEVER dominate intuition and gut instincts.Not without cheating the game somehow.

Had kasparov been able to create a tactical template using Intuitive Dynamic Managment he would not have lost a single game.He uses his Intuition at an ELITE level,close to the low end of mine,but he is executing on 100% gut calls while I use a specific managment program,I create the equivilant of a cerebral Intuitively driven computers effect.I combine the computers statistical strengths seamlessly with pure unadultered Intuition.This is how I knew the Big Blue team cheated,or rather created a cheating dynamic within the rules.

I two moved an experienced Chess player in my second game ever,I didnt see the big deal then and dont now,I had a superior managment program,it was no surprise.My friend pulled out a huge book with 20,000 Chess moves in it to see if the win was fair,and it was,naturally.I am saying that he had to tell me what every piece could do because i had no idea what they all were,but once I had operational parameters of each piece visualised in my mind it was game over for him,he really lost in the 5 minutes he took to verbalise the impacts the pieces could optimally create,the rest was simply finding the right answer ASAP,which in chess doesnt take very long at all really.20,000 computations doesnt even get a humans brain out of bed man,people cut themselves sooo much slack in life and underutilise their strengths by supporting a belief system that gives them an excusatory out.

I still wonder sometimes why he had that huge book?All it did was make him believe that the book was superior to his instincts and brain.Which just isnt the case,a library of books doesnt even challenge a human brains capacity or ability to incorporate Intuition.

Books are really the equivilant of stats,and in competative dynamics using stats as a primary driver is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Make sure you talk to Lukes line and help/have him manage the game so he isnt tempted to make to many of those zone-wide lateral diagonal passes,he will get bitten if he falls into that to much.

Remind him to not try to get to fancy or rid of the puck to soon when he is in the o-zone,he should remember to take charge physically and take the puck hard to the net when he has it there in the o-zone.

We dont need Luke overpassing,ideally we would like to see him charging the wing just like Magnus used to with the puck,and when he does get the puck early enough to enter the zone with it wirth a full head of speed and he can get a d-man one-on-one he needs to really lean in on them and impose himself as he cuts right to the net.

It might be a good idea to have Luke picking spots to hit his full accelleration so he can time himself to be trending as he hits the blueline and full bore 5 feet in,he wants his speed to be trending up as he enters the d-mans red zone of decision making.The less time the d-man has to guage his incoming speed the more his size and weight work to his advantage.Magnus could take the puck early and lug it through zone transitions effectively and safely because of his dangerous speed,this meant he could have the puck on his stick earlier and longer.If Luke can make himself a consistant threat rushing the wing and immediatly cutting inside when he breaches the blue-line,great,but if not then Sam and Nail need to talk about what it will take to get Gadzic into the right spots at the right times to optimally use his size to their advantage,he actually has not bad speed so just make sure that his linemates do not open it up full bore to early and make him struggle to stay in the playaction as they near the o-zone,proper timing will be needed.Luke and his linemates will need to think about this when they plan their zone transition tactics.

Short flightpaths will work best for big men,and remember that the more Luke goes to prime scoring spots the better,even if the plan isnt centered around him in those spots it is critical that he be used to force d-men to transition from spot to spot to cover him and his size.We dont want him JUST fighting for position in front of the net all night,we want him involved in the playactions and ALWAYS putting himself in positions to score,he can simple drive his way from one spot to another,give the big man a 3 step program and let him muscle his way through d-men from one to the next to the next,just 3 easy steps every time he has the chance.No fighting for one single position for extended durations as he is used to,just bully to onne prime spot then pause for a half-fart then drive hard to the next spot and repeat one more time,pick and plan the spots pre-game and stay consistant,making sure you force the d-men to hand him off as he moves from spot to spot,dont just move tiny bits so one d-mn can slide and float with him,make them transition that big body and HAND HIM OFF,force them to communicate by carefully planning those 3 spots he will be driving to and through,let his linemates play off of that disturbance he will be making,and also make sure they treat him as a serious scoring threat with their passes but remember he isnt Perron so dont be hitting him with things he cant handle,if the pass to him is to complicated just take the shot.Dont overcomplicate things for HIM, dont oversimplify your own creative games just play to your strengths and make sure your big man is creating static in the o-zone by forcing d-men to hand him off because of his good and well timed movements,the sooner he can establish the 3 step the sooner his linemates can start sniping pucks in due to those d-men having to make those small transitions.

Every time you move a Big Man from prime scoring spot to prime scoring spot you force micro-transitions or handoffs out of the opposition d-men and this breaks the goalies focus and it also opens shooting lanes for brief tiny windows of opportunity,so with the shooters being Silent Sam and the Nail Man I can see this line scoring some goals tonight.

With this line just focus on making solid and reliable N/S zone transitions,be carefull with the long diagonal passes coming off of Lukes stick,make sure the Big Man has a solid 3 step program in place,and utilise that movement and its impacts properly by exploiting those shooting lanes and the goaltender distraction he is catalysing.Be confident in your shots when you take them,those windows will be blinking not staying open long,you are shooting between those small transitions looking for them to be forced by Luke so your shots should be opportunistic and hard to read ,you will really be waiting for the d-men to be forced into a hand-off and to be crossing up to greenlight the instant shots,no pause just watch for the micro-transition to be telegraphed by where Luke is at the moment and time yourself to hit those sweetspots he will be opening up for you,do not overpass the puck just play off of his impacts totally.

Most teams arent used to big men driving in a controlled paced manner from one to another to another prime scoring area,normally teams use plays that put their hot scorers in those spots,however we will change that,the Blues are a big team and will try to engage Luke in one spot and tie him up,it is critical he not get baited into staying still to battle,we DO NOT WANT HIM fighting for 2 feet of ice as is traditional with a screening big man,we WANT HIM going through his 3 step program at a proper speed hitting all 3 spots cleanly with his stick down and his head up.He is not a screen,not with those linemates,he will need to be used optimally and if he is this line has some serious potential.Dallas needs to watch them closely early and if they are communicating well and are clicking then he ought to look for a mismatch line wise,the reality is that Gadzic is a big man and is hard to handle,we havent seen him really be used properly from an offensive standpoint.I am sure Sam Gagner will use him optimally.

I cant wait to see this line if the 3 step program is in effect and well planned. Sam and Nail should be shooting the lights out if they dont get jumpy and overpass,if they just work their timing off of the anticipation of the adjustments Gadzics inside movement will consistantly cause they should be getting lots of good looks,just shoot confidently and not to HARD,you need speed but precision so try snapping them tonight,no big stylisitc windups or followthroughs,just firm snappy shots timed to hit those lanes or windows that will be popping open as Luke busts up the entire china shop going from prime spot to prime spot,and be aware if he is having good success get him the puck and let him have at er,the key is to generate those chances in a consistant manner over 60 minutes.

Gadzic needs to remeber to be aware he is expected to score goals however the playactions dictate, he will need to be ready at all times,so keep it simple,one step look for the puck,two-step look for the puck,three-step look for the puck,that is all there will be time for because Sam and Nail will be watching those 3 steps and will USUALLY shoot before they are over knowing that Luke will be stopping at the last spot and fighting hand to hand from there.There will be chances to wait till Luke is engaged in the last spot to hold off a split second and use that dynamic as an advantage to pick a spot while he is batteling in one sp

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
No need for a pre-game tactical chat,I cant remember what the cure is for the Blues,but I do remember it is an easy fix.We will just wait for the first few minutes are over to see their focus,then pick em apart,kind of off the cuff like a piece of lint.

I find it hard to take some of the teams with superior records seriously,because I know exactly how they have found their recent success and although I am flattered they are using NHS mods,it doesnt really impress me much because I know their weak spots inside out and how easy it is to initiate system-checkmates on them,and then how easy it is to then score out of those checkmates.

I am looking for a blowout tonight say 8-2 Oilers,I like those numbers.Dallas has been making more than a few correct moves lately and they are about to pay off handsomely I believe.

I think tonight against a bigger team Taylor and Ryan will see results from their recent surge in a specific area they have both targeted.

If Ebbs hits the Timmys drive-through on the way to the game he should be hopping early.

I think it is time to see Hemsky used properly on the wing again,lets see him be the catalyst of his line,he is a zone transition specialist and needs to be treated that way,his linemates need to play off of that strength.Lets see Hemmer DOMINATE the wing on his side tonight and get 100% support from the coaches pre-planning line tactics that fit into the system and 100% support from his linemates so he doesnt get hung out to dry.But we really do need to see Hemsky dominating the wing with his tremendous speed like he can,the defensive experiment worked out already we can all see that,so lets cut the dog loose now and let him drive the bus tonight like we all know he can do.

I am expecting to see heavy sticks on the ice on the PP tonight,things need to be simplified all across the board.

Once you gain the zone as usual and they are spread out get ready ASAP to Collapse them to the net as a well timed group TOGETHER from all sides at one pre-determined time on a signal if you need to do it that way,not in staggered waves they can adjust to one at a time,use the flash-mob mentality tonight on the PP, and keep your sticks down hard to corral those pucks into the mess ASAP.

You want to make those consistant o-zone entrys that spread them out in all 4 directions in their o-zone,just for a millisecond while you establish firm possesion,then on a signal everyone begin the flash-mob move and collapse them inside where we want them.NO TRADITIONAL OVERPASSING,just spread em out then collapse them in fast and hard.Let them get spaced out and set in their coverage but as soon as they are spread out around the zone like warm peanut butter close the gap and go for the throat.MAKE SURE you HERD them into the collapse,stay on the outside as much as you can ,dont just dart into the holes the idea is to force them all to collapse to the inside together and to control their body position so they cannot break back past you ,every man needs to be chest on chest and in superior outside position,get the sticks down hard and inside but control the collapse from the outside.

Lets see a cohesive sense of urgency out there tonight.

Expect Magnus to be gunning hard tonight,because he will be,so will David but Magnus is as much of a bluechipper as perron and tonight he will be primed.I am thinking Maggie will lean on our defense hard and likely pop one in.Just saying.

edit on 21-12-2013 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
They are running consistant intentional interference and getting away with it,they are intentionall slowing down whenever they are in front of our guys without the puck and they are also making passes and making sure to block our players out.

Tell the players without the puck to look to evade these running blocks.

The refs are not clueing in right now and the Blues are using this as a part of their system influence.

It is interference to intentionally slow down and make opposition players run into you in their pursuit of the puck.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Nice pickup of the rebound off the shot,but ask Nail to wait for Gadzic to get into one of his 3 spots before he shoots UNLESS he is so far into the zone and the shot opportunity is spectacular,but dont just waste pucks without the beast in front or in a prime scoring area making guys move around.

Tell Luke to bust a nut as soon as he enters the o-zone and I mean 1 ft in and open it up because if he doesnt then Nail or Sam will need to float laterally for to long.

They are pinching the halfboards and are basicly working the boards well,so lets rip it off of the boards and race them to the net,we have a speed advantage across the board,lure them into the boards game but intentionally drive it to the net as soon as they come over to the boards,dont try working the boards against them,just get possesion and scream it at the net,skate it hard and beat them in the footraces where they have to turn around to pursue you,the turn will kill them,you will be coming off the boards facing the net,you SHOULD beat them consistantly or draw penaltys.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Watch the upspeed man, they are trending towards relaying it in the n-zone to an upspeed man who tries to penetrate the zone with his extra speed,use an extended puck pursuit in the n-zone to discourage this.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If you are going to work the PP from the periphery high on the blueline then use a few slap pass deflections from around the dots but over to the boards side.And make it snappy.One timers can come from anywhere even on the PP if you make those slap passes hard from a position high and stay there to cover the rebounds that is a safe play off the onetimer,dont come in when you use the onetimer because from that spot the rebounds will be ripping out of the zone sometimes,so tell the shooter to pull off to about 75% of the onetimer dont make it a heavy shot just make it snappy and get it on net at knee height.

I like the peripheral game I guess,but you need to remember to get those shots off as fast as possible,not neccesarily so hard just snappy.If you are to heavy to many pucks will ring out of the zone.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
When we dump it in they are lazy to chase us,they are letting us get to it first and planning to hit us and use a numbers advantage to win possesion,their men are all reentering the n-zone at low to medium speeds, so.... when we send in puck pursuit make sure the 2nd man comes in upspeed and full bore and doesnt go to the puck but cuts to the middle and blows through the slow movers using superior speed,penaltys will be drawn and we will get excellent opportunitys because our speed will let us get to the puck fast enough to pop it out front to the UPSPEED man coming in FULL BORE cutting from the far boards in the n-zone at the blueline area.Let them think you are no middle threa along the boards but as you transit the n-zone open it up full bore so just as you hit the blueline area you can SLICE through their slow lazy men coming back intending to run interference like I said earlier.

They are controlling their speeds and clogging lanes,and are overconfident and vulnerable to our speed if we use it at the right times in the right areas.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Keep an eye on their d-men on the high blueline they are trying to sneak a man five feet back so they can bring him in upspeed,they are aware they dont need to use 100ft to engage an upspeed threat.

They will keep looking for this.

You are doing well so far,just watch the upspeed tactic because it is critical to them in all zones and keep watching the man they like to plant in the n-zone a foot in front of the blueline,that is an LA core tactic.That pinball play.Also keep remembering in the o-zone when you are working the puck and find yourself on the half-wall,as soon as you can lure them into turning to the boards BLAST off straight to the net,run them over,shock and awe them,or slip it through them but just make sure you watch their feet and force them to turn to chase you,the turn will kill them and let you win that footrace every time.Lure them into their standard board coverage where they like to pinch everyone over to the boards,watch for them to activate that middle coverage over to the halfboards ,that man will usually be coming straight at you with his back to the net 100% committed and if he gets to the boards or you lead him there then wait a millisecond and as soon as his feet are turned and he is facing you wait till he is nearly to you and launch at him full bore.They are expecting us to work the boards because we are afraid of their size in the middle and open ice,so they try to force it to the boards then pinch in and dominate.Lure them to the boards then burst out at them straight to the net.When that middle man of theirs decides to come to the halfboards to pinch all you need to do is get 1 ft past him and you already have an excellent shot opportunity,and no one in your way,and every foot you get closer the shot op gets better and better.

I think if we spend 30% of our opportunitys busting it off the boards straight to the net we will find some goals.keep playing it as you are and letting them come over to pinch the boards just fire it back at them with nasty intentions come off the boards like a howitzer round,explode to the net.

Keep the sticks heavy and on the ice it is making a difference tonight.

You might try running the upspeed playaction back at them,as I outlined earlier off the forcheck.

Use it coming through the n-zone,the upspeed tactic is versatile and as they are showing us with their d-men threatening with just a 5 foot run you dont need much room to set up.

You dont need to wind it up from 200 ft away.Initiate it from the mid-neutral zone.

They are dropping three men across their blueline,so hit them with an upspeed man coming through the n-zone area,just come at them 15% slower as you come out of our zone so they adjust at a slower speed to the puck carrier and give you room to execute the upspeed move properly.

Dont go slow N/S to set up the upspeed play,exit the zone as fast as you are but after the first pass is recieved SKATE the puck just a few strides laterally or diagonally to buy some time.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join