It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

moma2s NewAge Hockey System

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Very nice adjustments once we got rolling ,the communication is well structured,even though the result was a loss we proved you can make adjustments adequately,this is a good thing.We cant expect things to simply go super-nova.... there were no specific plaaer reccomendations tonight tacticlly,no exact tactical management given in terms of EXACTLY where and when to put and activate individuals,I only offered generic suggestions,on purpose,to test the communication conduits,to see if the channel was open.It is,good,next game we will go full out with the NHS Intuitive Dynamic Analysis and Intuitive Dynamic Management solutions,but be aware that this exact moment has happened multiple times in the past,this is where a decision must be made to either buy in or not to the NHS as a valid resource. If the data is working for you then get on here and say so,if Dellow or someone else is tuning in here and simply scalping ideas again and not being above board about it then address this issue immediatly because the proper data was getting through tonight and the NHS has NOT offered anything for a very long time,so however the data transfer is happening you need to get things above board and make them official so it is direct and can be transferred PRE-GAME ,everything posted here will benefit opponents,this type of data is of high value so the more it is out there the less advantage it will give you,keep it in-house.

When you look back at tonights game tapes,look at the impacts which the adjustments you made had on their system,observe how they worked,be honest,then valuate the NHS data.Now imagine how the game would have transpired had you had a PRE-GAME plan based on this type of data.....and remember I gave you 25% of what you needed tonight,I could have hit you with lot more data especially in terms of individual player management within your system but it wasnt the right time.I needed to see if you were listening,you actioned the generic tactical data so you were paying attention and were willing to implement the data,now the question is why would you not officially endorse the data ?Why would an NHL Head Coach implement externally generated data???If the data has enough value to his team to be used it has enough value to be properly valuated and managed..... he would do so right....but if the data was coming to him from a peripheral source which he relied upon it would be transferred as quickly and accurately as it was tonight but NOT OFFICIALLY and I dont want to play that way anymore fellas, so in short whoever transferred the small volume of data from the NHS to the ice tonight seriously needs to get this above board....I am willing but not wanting anymore .Even if this is a sanctioned conduit it will not work this way.....I need to give A LOT MORE DATA to Nelly....and his support staff,it will take several people just to handle the basic data stream in terms of maintenance between games.In-Game work is an entirely different animal and the LESS pre-game opportunity I have to pave the way with individual and group tactics the MORE DIFFICULT In-Game work becomes.By keeping me on the outside you reduce the impacts of what we do together by 30+% it is very regressive to open the conduit or door only crack at a time,it creates disconnects and valuation difficulties. But kudos to your support staff,they did get the data transferred and accurately as well,I just didnt give as much as usual.

I wasnt fully engaged tonight,not at all, just testing the waters,to be frank it takes a LOT of energy to provide live Analysis AND Tactical Management data without the benefit of Pre-Game planning and prep....A LOT OF ENERGY.

A few years ago I was ok with the process because it was a learning curve for me and I was so involved and passionate that I did not register the drain on my energy levels, I was on a mission and running on adrenaline a lot of the time,not so now.

A lot of teams are now using similar systems to the Jets,there is a lot of NHS in these systems now,and if I break down the tactics you need to use to de-construct these opponents systems they will be inside the loop with us online and will simply use my available data to self-evolve and to manage themselves better,this doesnt help the Oilers.Times have changed and there is high demand for new and applicable NHS data,I will not give it for free anymore,the NHS has had the intended impacts outside of the Oilers,I cant give you much now without giving it to everyone else.For example the LA Kings are having troubles now and the exact data I would have had to have given you had I went 100% tonight would have BENEFITTED the Kings because this data used to stop the Jets is very close to what opponents are using to stop the Kings,the NHS modified Adjusted-Hybrid system IS NOT THE NHS.....it is a little FrankenSystem I created ,it is simply the result of applying basic NHS core values to traditional systems.BUT BUT BUT the shut-down tactics will work on all of them,every last one......what the NHS gives the NHS may taketh away.

I WILL NOT mess with Nellys gig...not at all,but the waters have been tested and the same or a similar conduit to those of the past is still open and active...this failure to mke the relationship official resulted in disconnects in the past....there is no point in repeating the same mistake yet again.

Whoever it is passing the data is derelict to the Oilers...if they have been directed to behave like this then their bosses are derelict...this is truly unacceptable on all levels,the connection must be direct and supported not hostile or disguised or superficial or hidden from Nelly.

Nelly if you are in this loop,break it and just ask the NHS for help.It is that simple.Your slate is clean.Nothing is stopping you.I see everything you have done,every one of your adjustments,literally every single one beginning in OKC and I can even show you the order you implemented things in,no kidding Todd.Please remember Dallas was doing the same thing before the Oilers hired him,he was implementing NHS data on his own in the AHL,so understand how easy it is for me to see the changes you made yourself and any similar changes other NHL Head Coaches are making.But I WILL NOT POST THIS DATA because to prove myself exposes you and what you are doing.I now fully grasp the value of my NHS Analysis and Tactical data------if I tear your structure down I will take it to its foundations by proxy unintentionally exposing you 110%,this will never be allowed to happen.So you see this time I CANNOT GIVE YOU MORE ONLINE....EVERYONE is waiting for more now...they NEED MORE to evolve their systems.I am not giving any more away,the NHS Modified Adjusted-Hybrid is EVERYWHERE NOW....a LOT OF TEAMS will soon be looking for the next step in their own evolutions,jumping right into an NHS modified adjusted-Hybrid is like skipping entire grades in school,a lot of teams will need to refer back to "the book" when they begin to be shut down by teams with the same data like the Kings are being shut down--they cant evolve on their own--I am the "book" so they hve no where else to go now that it is common knowledge that the advanced stats community DID NOT initiate the NHLs recent evolutions,everyone now knows it was the NHS.......and I am still here and not connected to any single entity.

The Hammer and Anvil.....I said it many times in the past....there is no other way to stop an NHS managed team....none at all.Tonight it would have run the Jets out of the building in DOMINATING FASHION.The H&A will destroy any NHS modified Adjusted-Hybrid.The Hammer and Anvil or be dominated,simple.

Nelly is doing it without the H&A,Eakins tried as well,Nelly is doing much better with his version of non- H&A planning,but eventually the reality that you cannot stop NHS influenced teams without the Hammer and Anvil will set in.When you play a team using NHS tactics which is happening MORE AND MORE every week you MUST have an answer to them o they will dominate you nearly every time...I designed their system adjustments to allow them to do this....all teams using NHS data will be this impactfull and difficult to defeat.But because I created the adjustments I also know how to neutralise them immediatly.

Nelly I see your focus,and it is ok,adding the H%A will not take away from what you are trying to do if you just use it on NHS influenced teams.Consider it only because this IS THE BEST WAY to stop the NHS influence,the ONLY way....yours will work but NOT more times than not.Your structure will be effective on non-NHS influenced teams,but if you fail to take heed you will lose to most WC teams who hppen to use NHS tactics,in short more and more teams are switching to NHS influences so in reality MOST of your focus should be on stopping this particular focus,this focus that over the last 4 years has been mostly WC has now definately spread league-wide.

To sum up the night Nelly,they wanted to play the game out of the n-zone and you did not,they forced you to do wht they wanted long enough to win,they pressured your defense to spit the pucks out quick then simply brought numbers up fast and caught you on the blueline or just inside the n-zone,they forced your forecheck to adjust to them ,all they did was hurry you up then use their size to dominate you in the n-zone,simple simon stuff and EXACTLY what ALL big Western Conference teams will do to you every time,they are big-fast-and use NHS tactics.,they transition to offense right out of the n-zone at lightening speeds with everyone greenlit on offense not waiting for structure to develop.This is pure NHS philosophy and planning.

Nelly or whoever is listening,listen closer........I did not go silent before Dallases departure by fluke,anyone with HHL acumen knew the shoe was about to drop,it was intentional,I have not posted analysis or tactical data intentionally so I could learn how Nelly would approach the same problems every NHL Coach has when implementing something NewAge.

I have a clear template of Nellys evolution already in place,but it is not going to be shared.

Is there work to do...YES...but remember Nelly didnt have a steady flow of NHS data every game helping him out....he has established himself on his own sucessfully showing he is on-board.

Nelly is using tactics other sucessfull WC teams are using,he is using NHS influences it is obvious,but to compete in todays NHL you MUST use NHS data to be competative and winning.

I have checked out to let Nelly establish himself and to let the men settle down.....I have now checked in to see if the conduits are still open and they are.......now it is Nellys move.....I will not re-engage unless he requests it...I know "someone" is tuned in and the NHS data CAN get to him.If he misses out on it without knowing it is available then whoever tuned in tonight and relayed data is accountable for the intentional disconnect,for tuning in and acessing NHS data but failing to tell Nelly they did it.If Nelly knows someone relayed data to him tonight and he fails to contact me then he has spoken,he has till the last game of the season,then I dis-engage completely,yall know where the watering hole is now.

For the record when Nuge was leveled someone or EVERYONE should have reacted,this tem will go nowhere until it identifys him as the single UNTOUCHABLE on the roster,this is a serious mistake to make,NUGE IS THAT VALUABLE,he is not Hall or Ebbs or Nail or anyone else,he is the LIFEBLOOD of the team and everyone Fan or NHL player or official knows this to be fact.....from now on anyone who fails to react to a hit on him ...EVEN A CLEAN TO-HARD hit ...will lose my respect....if you dont know Nuge is the heartbeat and you arent willing to protect the heart of the machine then you arent my kind of guy.It is time to get this straight so everyone can self-valuate properly......NUGE is no-touch...not without paying dearly...until this team figures this out both managerially and as players they will not take the next step...even the Vets dont understand how to catalyse around a player like Nuge....everyone knows Nuge gives 100% every second so its time to surround one of their own and declare him their leader so they know how to cocoon him and support him,if they follow the historic template considering the roster they have,Nuge will elevate them all. If there is only one man declaed untouchable opponents will target him more,but nuge is targeted anyways because he is so involved and competative so it is a win-win to catalyse around a player like him who will NEVER GIVE UP ON A PUCK WITHOUT BEING HURT TO LOSE IT.....this means he will sacrifice himself for the pucks....he will not dive or give up or turtle ...this means you WILL ALL DEFEND HIM AND HIS INTENTIONS AND EXAMPLE IMMEDIATLY.What types of men would fail to follow nd protect this type of leader......this isnt about Nuge the vulnerable young player...he is READY and is capable......this is about the entire team growing the heck up ,everyone, right now,surround your leader and FORCE OPPONENTS TO GIVE HIM THE ROOM HE NEEDS TO HELP YOU WIN.

You fight for Nuge and you are fighting for an Oilers win.Not for Nuge...he is stand-up and everyone knows it.....face the facts....NUGE IS WORTH THE EFFORTS.This is your identity fellas,embrace it and love it to death,defend it,be proud of it,there will never be a downside to throwing your support behind a leader like Nuge who puts himself on the line for you every night.

This had to be said now before next season, with a 100% certainty Ryan Nugent Hopkins has evolved into the Oilers on-ice leader.....to deny him this position will be regressive beyond this season....there is no one close to him in terms of leadership being provided....he has earned it.

Get Nuge settled in and everyone else will settle in.....wait and you hurt the team. They all need to agree on who should lead them...no one can fairly argue that anyone else comes close to providing as much of the full package as Nugent-Hopkins provides.

I would know to give Nuge my 110% support becuse he is like an elevator to the stars,no one can tell me his teammates dont already know this as well......so it is simply a matter of enabeling the transition to Nuges leadership in an official manner.Every Team needs to be grounded,the Oilers had to wait and watch 4-5 players for signs of true leadership which was consistantly projected,they were patient and Nuge has developed into the generational leader he showed the potential of becoming.

There are 3-4 players with Hall of Fame potential on the roster,but none will ever make it unless they figure out who to catalyse around....it is clear now...for them all to be the best they can be they need to make Nuge stronger every night...because Nuge gives 100% every night the only way they can get more is to support him ,for EVERYONE to support him,to PROTECT HIM,this will take him to 110% o 120% so you see,first you need a man who can and will give you 100% every night,then you need to figure out his value to you,then you need to understand that you will only get stronger as a team if he gets stronger,then you will see you need to GIVE HIM MORE FROM YOURSELVES OR TRANSFUSE your energy to him by TAKING IT OUT ON THE OPPONENTS by protecting him from them,if they ALL KNOW the Oilers have made Nuge their diamond they will know coming in what to expect --everyone will hate them all because they all threaten Nuge in some way--and the Oilers will be in the drivers seat dynamiclly from the get-go.This template has been proven to be optimal when you have what has shown to be a generational player which I believe Nuge is.

No one becomes famous in the NHL without generational player whom they protect and value properly,you might have an ok career.....but unless you find a diamond to protect and shine up you will NEVER BE REMEMBERED as someone associated with that level of greatness....first you need to be lucky enough to find yourself on a team with the right leader,then you need to realise what you need to do,then it has to work out,there is no SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH,ya gotta pay the piper .If I am paying the Piper every night anyways why not pay it protecting my diamond so it shines brighter than my opponents? Why not protect something BIGGER THAN THE GAME THAT NIGHT...protect your TEAMS IDENTITY...ITS LEADER... and you will find passion and energy and drive where none was found before,and NHL game is like a big tug of War and every team needs an anchor which they protect with everyone else in layers out front,Nuge is your anchor,now go protect him,declare him untouchable with your actions....dont involve your coaches....just become a team inside the room by building around your anchor............it is time fellas for you to define yourselves as a core group.You all should hve figured this out by now,the vets surely can feel Nuges evolving leadership,it is simply time for the transition.

edit on 24-3-2015 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I AM NOT SAYING THERE ARE DEFICIENCYS and you NEED to change anything IMMEDIATLY...but here is some food for thought.........its 3-0 so you might as well keep rolling with your program....but for future considerations here is some data to chew on.

Nelly when they are in your zone they are catalysing everything off of their d-men puck skills...pressure them by charging high speed and comitting 100% by making center of body mass contact and FOLLOWING THROUGH BULLDOZING their d-men OUT of the zone and removing them from the equation...one-for-one.....they are also working the cross-ice playactions with a man coming in back-door timed to their half-wall trigger.....the d-men finesse the pucks to the half-wall where a quick play is made looking for a sympathetic rebound to the back-door man coming in ....their timing is very good.....if you dont address them system-wise it will haunt you tonight....forget the 2 goals you have keep the offense the same........but you better address their structure because it has been working for them so far and it will pay off for them sooner or later....they are using NHS tactics so they WILL SCORE THIS WAY....and the 2 goals you just put up might not be nearly enough.

Just saying. Step up and then pinch off the half-wall pressure relief dump their d-men will use when they know you are coming full-steam,then have the man who cuts over from the middle to pick off the outlet dump at the half-wll simply be VOCAL and patient and hit the MAN WHO PUSHED THEIR D-MAN OUTSIDE THE ZONE with a headman breakaway pass...after all he will hve already dominated their d-man and turned him the wrong wy by pushing him bck...just break off the check with your forward momentum and blow by their only man back.....this has worked for the Oilers in the past and is the best way to stop their structure and remove the back-door sneak off of the half-wall set-up to the sympathetic rebounds.

I cant believe I am using a hooped keyboard and you fellas are tuned in you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.The spelling errors are a result of broken or missing keys.

Yes yes yes its 3-0.....so what lets see their system stopped cold because lots of WC teams use this exact system focus,the Avs came on board last season...no kidding.....learn how to handle this system with smaller team like this.

Lets see the technical and proper moves made to neutralise their system focus the way it will need to be done when you play bigger better schooled WC teams.

Its ok to eat a penalty or 2 using that off and out tactic we worked into the eqution lst game that is working so well,but that is to risky to use consistantly in the Playoffs and well coached teams will stuff it easily.....so if you DO carry it through tonight which I probably would do,just remember it will not always work so well.

Look for short-handed goals we are weak there and we have Nuge on the ice killing penaltys so we need to work on this now when we can afford to.Winning teams use those opportunitys because they work to CREATE THEM.

You need to have the shorty in your bag of tricks in the NHL for when you are pushing back hard with little clock left.

p.s.s............tell Miller to put his shoulder down and use his leverage and skills to drive into better shooting positions...just tell him to look for a slightly longer possesion when he has the puck to extend it a blonde-one.....he has the scorers look but is frustrated because he is looking to far ahead of the playactions and he needs to simplify things and look to work a bit longer with the puck nothing excessive but hang on for 2 one-thousands driving it closer to prime scoring spots then let er rip...he needs to create a bit more for himself and not expect the structure to do all the work.Then he will score tonight for you no problems.

edit on 25-3-2015 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Nelly stays ....Nelly stays....end of story unless it is an established multi-decade "winning" top THREE Head Coach...nothing less.

Hallsy is setteld in now...jack his line up tonight and see how much damage they can do from the 3rd line....really push the Avs from that position and line ....I mean ASK THEM TO BE SELFISH AND OPEN IT UP.Hallsy hasnt been passing this well since his rookie year......greenlight them baby...and RIP UP COLORADO SO THEY REMEMBER YOU NEXT YEAR.....keep the PEDAL DOWN and respect HOW MANY GAMES THIS TEAM HAS LOST OVER THE LAST TEN YEARS BECAUSE OF A MISPLACED OR MISSING SENSE OF URGENCY.

Do NOT be complacent...respect yourselves and crush this team you are playing tonight with intentions....do NOT PULL UP...you already have...the 3 goal cushion is meaningless if you lose your NHL level urgency and drive....remember "fellas" every winning PLY-OFF BOUND Team is now kicking things up a gear with their urgency....the SOONER YOU LEARN TO DO THIS AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR THE BETTER....so get serious and rip this team apart....there is no reason not to repeat the same offense over the next two periods....I expect 7-9 goals tonight...A team that scores consistantly from period to period is scoring system-generated goals the opponent CANNOT PREVENT.....the consistncy is the key.............I still see them getting plenty of chances....so I do not feel Nelly is shutting them down the way I want to see....he is defintely doing things right and running them hard and fast.Show me 9 goals or SHUT THEM DOWN TOTALLY and I will buy what you are selling because it seems to be working so far right?

Lets see some urgency.....and tell Yak to rip a few long shots from outside at the tenders ELBOWS on the inside,right at the elbows.And tell him to do it as he is closing towards the net so he hs some speed to pick up any loose pucks dropped from that tough shot.....the elbow-joint is prime-time for dropped rebounds in front being picked up by the incoming shooter if he is CLOSING ON NET when he shoots from the outside....shoots HARD AND FAST FULL POWER WRISTERS

You will score more goals if you LUG IT TOWARDS THE NET HIGH SPEED OR BULLISH but you will never get PP unless you drive the BUS and take it all the way to the bucket solo on extended possesions....dont just greenlight everyone to shoot more greenlight them to FLY SOLO AS LONG AS THEY COMMIT TO TAKING IT ALL THE WAY IN.You need to force them to take penaltys right fellas?I want to see Klefbom drive it all the way end to end.

PLEASE LET HALLSY GO END TO END FOR THE REST OF TONIGHT OR EBERLE....get guys going now.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well done you adjusted and shut down their NHS system intentions,now just super-size this set of tactics and you have solved most WC teams.

Well done fellas,well done.

I respect that the adjustments were made properly and it did pay off with a win which is after all the name of the game.

The Avs changed their focus coming into the 2nd and reverted to their secondary tactics,but the damage had already been done because you had removed their 1st primary focus when you made your own 1st intermission adjustments,you took them out of their comfort zone which is perfect.They tried to revert back a few times to their 1st period focus later in the game , but you were prepared for them.

Great effort by everyone,to a man.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Nice PP setup by Nail off the half-wall with the hard perimeter shot at the Goalies elbow area,he is very very effective from there because his style allows him to naturally FACE THE PLAYING AREA SQUARELY he does it instinctively AND he keeps his head up AND he can pass or shoot hard with VERY GOOD accuracy and decision making, and Nail may have found himself a permanent home because of the side he shoots from ,it makes him a perfect fit.

Without that particular shot from that particular area with the support on the rebound which was there no goal happens,but an entire constellation of details paints a clear picture of what went down.

Nail did the exact right thing at the exact right time with the exact right support and timing.....that is called tactical execution.There are specific drivers behind this dynamic.They produced optimal results.In that time and place.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Seguin,Benn,Spezza,Hemsky....................no great feat to see all you need to do is hurt them to break them and win,just put an APB out on Seguin so he has the puck removed from his stick ASAP...give him no room at all with it,just go for the puck 100% of the time with 100% reach and effort....he COUNTS ON OPPONENTS MIXING IT UP but THIS is his weak area ,when you put him in a phonebooth he can find ways out but if you deny him the puck 100% of the time you seriously degrade his impact in the game.....THIS ONLY WORKS if you have already sent the messages to his wimpy teammates that you will be looking to Klink-Hammer them in open ice if they try to get fancy .

So the simple basics of beating Dallas are simply have EVERYONE focus on stripping the pucks from Seguin for 60 minutes...EXTENDED PRESSURE....non-stop.....while you are TARGETING and inflicting PAIN on the other "hot-heads" Dallas has on their roster because you see their ACHILLES HEEL is their lack of discipline as a group...many of their core players have serious histories of being me-players who CAN BE TAKEN OFF THEIR GAMES by simple putting the spurs to them and hurting them a little...they ALL have short fuses which make them vulnerable to being scared into the PERIMETER GAME...and if you REMOVE SEGUINS PUCK-TIME while you have forced the vulnerable roster to resort to the perimeter game.......you shut them down.

They all have bad tempers and attitudes rally around this mentality....so get em off their games,Spezza-Benn-Seguin-Hemsky......get under their skins by HURTING THEM EARLY AND OFTEN...throw 4 or 5 suicide dump-ins and slam them hard...Klink-hammer them enough and they will resort to ringing the pucks away from themselves.

It would be nice to see the Oilers light up Seguin for Taylor Hall , just strip those pucks from Seguin by greenlighting everyone to work OFF OF SEGUIN ----simple agree that whenever Seguin has the puck whoever pursues him first will be greenlit to CHASE THAT PUCK FOR AS LONG S IT TAKES TO REMOVE IT----no breaking off of Seguin early ever---- just terminal puck seperation IMMEDIATLY give him zero time....be 100% puck focused on Seguin.He will eventually begin to look for an Oiler who will give him room,when he finds none and realises HE HAS BEEN TARGETED he will begin to lose his cool and his lack of discipline will let him down.

What I am saying Boys is that it time to pick a fight......to set the tone for next season....Hendricks-Klinker-ALL D-Men....get trucculent tonight.

edit on 27-3-2015 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Defend Yak like he was your lunch money on Hot-Dog Wednesday .......Yak did NOTHING WRONG....so dont let them pick on him......have some cojones...seriously fellas the NHS has its limits to cowardice and weakness.....get on it Nelly....make a statement....over an 82 game schedule you need to get your hnds dirty from time to time...make it so.

Make these guys fight for the 2 points,COJONES BOYS SHOW EM OR GROW EM.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I like what I am seeing,keep it tight and tough....keep up the pressure......drive to offense,just to it doesnt seem like the NHS has blow a fuse with all of the kick arse stuff we will get techincal for a second......Nelly just stop their deep d-zone set ups,they are catalysing "everything there very deep and togeher",they begin their crossovers very very early in their own zone not the n-zone ...so send ONE MAN IN FAST AND DEEP TO FORCE THEM TO MOVE RE-SET......keep the 2nd forechecker 6 feet over the blueline redy for them to begin their re-set criss-crossing up higher in the zone...keep the 3rd man just over your blueline timed to come in UPSPEED when he gets the verbals to go for loose pucks,he should be hovering in stasis keeping his momentum and speed ready but NOT COMITTING because they WILL stick to their structure.

So Nelly,get a one-man high speed forechecker in there looking to break up their short lateral passes and their lateral structure they try to set up....they start deep and kick it into high gear early.....so the 1st man in needs to get there FAST,and the 2nd and 2rd men need to look to break up their lateral structure,they will come up together close to each other with lateral-pack mentlity,so just strike to break that lateral structure.

Keep hitting them,bully them,like Pouliot did to Hemmer in the corner,knock them down.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
In short get one man in BEHIND them ASAP as deep in their zone as you can..........then ATTACK THEM FROM BEHIND.....they are trying to use lateral structure unconventionally early and deep in their zone, so remove their primary focus,simple.Do it any way you choose just understand what they are doing to you before you chose your response.They like to bring a single man up-speed from behind their lateral wall they push forward and when the wall doesnt exit the n-zone intact they like to kick it to this up-speed man so he can penetrate the o-zone on his own catching the defense flat-footed or a gear short.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Forget its his first penalty shot forget its his first NHL goal............did you see that shot folks????There is something there for sure.

Nice game fellas,easy as pie when you can shut them down early huh?

That was a "winning" Fan Appreciation night.

Well done .
edit on 27-3-2015 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The NHS has some advice for Justin Schultz...try to use the give and go to up your offense....but catalyse it out of the n-zone with you being UP-SPEED in the equation so you blast right to the bucket. Tell Nelly to review last gmes tapes to see how quickly they were catalysing out of their own zone with a lateral wall then using an up-speed late entry support,this is exactly the thing you want to do but you want the wall to immediatly catalyse out of the last 5 feet of n-zone,everyone needs to finish their curls and other evasions at the same time in the right lateral wall positions.This setup will work for JS because it doesnt interfere with the d-zone processes being used now which means it will not take away from anything structural ......we reviewed this dynamic already Nelly....3 games ago when we discussed the small area you were choosing to make your adjustments within.

For goodness sakes Justin begin taking some snap-shots....and lets see some hard wristers from the middle,you gotta cut in laterally and deeper then just wrist em in high over the shoulder.Cut in and shoot out of your quick 4 foot darting curl [just loop in and score] so you can keep up your momentum to turn back dont overcommit just watch your shot angles with blocks,make sure your blocked shots go to the walls.

DO NOT CHANGE the d-zone management we have seen because things seem to be working well....but this is a good way to add JSs offense to the equation and allow him to score 30+ goals per year......he is capable of 40+ IMHO.Justin should be scoring nearly e very 2nd game with his volume and quality of ice-time and skillset,and he will soon,when he is asked to do so.

The roster we see now being managed the way it is being managed is a PLAYOFF TEAM.......no doubt.....I have no desire to tinker with the chemistry Nelson has allowed to develop.....in terms of personell I believe you need to go with the Head Coaches instincts.....so what we see is what he sees right now....I like Roy with Yak because Roy is a FINISHER WHO CAN SCORE FROM EVERYWHERE and has some grit and NHL RESPECT......sign him......Hall is showing he is a PPG player from the 3rd line and has been used with Nail which is the offensive Gun-powder which could become an NHL #1 tandem if they are given the chance.It very well may be that the Oilers simply keep it exactly as it is with chemistry leading the way and with Taylor Hall building his Legend by producing elite numbers from outside the 1st line....he is now being used like a surgical tool which is the right way to use him now that the rest of his young teammates have begun to mature...remember Hall is one of the Elder Oilers now and is to me the Biggest Brother.The optimal dynmaic includes an Eberle who can be sent in to Snipe...a Yakupov who can be sent in to energise...a Nuge who can be sent in to Safe-Crack...a Hall who can be sent in to Strafe the Beachhead...a Klinkhammer to hit them with heavy artillery deep in their own backyard....a Lander who can be sent in to agitate and score clutch goals on the PP and lead ...a Pouliot or Purcell to strike from the middle and perimeter .....these are the things we need to be able to spread out amongst the lineup wherever and whenever they are needed against specific opponents and systems.

There will be deeply skilled competition for roster spots next year...I see Yakimov and Draisaitl making cases for themselves as well as Nurse and few others.

Nelson seems to have a clear and rational template he is following in terms of personell....he doesnt ever make changes which arent absolutely needed ....he will valuate any upgrades we see next year and I believe he will follow his templte closely and be objective and focused on improving above all else.

I want to see 3 scoring lines where any of the top 9 can interchange as needed without losing step.Those 9 players need to work together enough to become interchangeable ASAP but ONLY one at a time surgiclly.The DEFENSEMEN need to learn how these 9 players work together as well so they can understand their tendancys and become instinctive with them in specific combonations.

Lets see Bachman get to carry the ball if he can for the rest of the way...play him till he loses.I like his stationary plodding style,it seems to reassure and calm the defense for some reason,lets see what hes got.

edit on 28-3-2015 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Congrats to Davidson.....it sure is nice to see Landers line opening up the scoring.I expect more from them tonight because that play was so easy for them to execute,rinse and repeat 5 times in a row if you can pull it off.

Nuge should drive it to the net and use his backhand .

Keep that N-zone coverage tight on the man hovering on the boards mid-n-zone trying to execute the quick-break style relays and tip passes from there.You are shutting their system down by closing down the n-zone transition.....just keep doing this.Till they give up and go to their 2ndary focus.

Use the trailer,hit him with a late pass,they are giving tight lateral man-on-man coverge coming into their zone,so keep em all to the outside then lay passes to J Schultz cruising right in,just tell him to take it all the way in not to shoot it and create rebounds which burn him by shooting straight on......just give him those passes and let him run it right in he has great hands. If he skates it in he will give his support an extra second to cover for his rush.If he just blasts it ASAP no one can cover for him when he goes in deep.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You shut them down now they are using their 2ndary focus,so dont let them crry it through the n-zone unmolested...and dont let them stack men exiting the n-zone like they did on that goal and pick you out of the playaction so easily...now make contact with the puck carriers in the n-zone and SEPERATE THEIR STACKED MEN before they can enter your zone.

And remember they might go back to their early focus to begin the 2nd so be alert.

Lets try to keep possesion a bit longer in the o-zone and drive some pucks in closer,just every 3rd possesion...but there is to much peripheral passing taking much to long to set up,get it in,and get a shot then dont overplay the pucks,try to bury those rebounds.....i am sensing A lack of urgency again maybe to switch things up move Hallsy back to the top line....just to see how they like it maybe break something loose.

Nelly if you are trying to use the low far post forced rebound playaction to the backdoor man coming in late you need to speed up things...everyone except the puck carrier who needs to rag it for 1/2 second to let guys set up,remember it doesnt mtter WHERE HE SHOOTS THE INITIAL SHOT FROM s long as it goes low far corner forcing the toe save rebound out to the incoming support....you can stop dead and look at them it works or stickhandle into open ice because it doesnt matter where you shhot the first shot from it mtters where it ends up on the net.Everyone needs to SPEED UP A NOTCH and the puck carrier initiating the play needs to slow it down a notch and worry less about where he shoots from and more about when his support gets to the backdoor.Also remember to abandon the play once in a while and mix in a top corner close side shot once their tender reads your focus to keep him honest.

They are playing a close type of man on man defense close to the body,so look for deflections,they wont let you break loose ,so push back and just make them battle you in the deflection areas and try to bet them with the stickwork.Stop in place and make them move you,just plant yourselves in the sweet spots and make them work while you just try deflections,wear them down this way.Battle them.You CAN send the backdoor support in early if he is willing to stand there for a 1/2nd and be abused,it makes the play a bit greasy but is still effective.

edit on 30-3-2015 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This would be a good game for Klefbom to build an NHL reputation....he shouldnt let himself be embarrassed like berry did to him....he needs to LEVEL SOMEONE tonight...they will keep coming so all he needs is to be reminded he is still developing his reputation and hasnt earned his bones yet.Use the beef...become the K_Bomb.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Roy is being given the o-zone,so have yak zoom in deep below the 1/2 boards sucking them in then work back up 5 feet so he can work the give and go with Roy.Just let Roy gain the o-zone as he is doing but then use him to finish in close.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Maybe Hall can fire up Yakupov....maybe maybe maybe its time to give them the chance to break a tight game open wide.

Bring Yak down to Landers line for a few shifts.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Very well done Justin.Taking it to the bucket ALWAYS PAYS OFF.We should see this d-mans soft hands doing this every 2nd game.

Take it to the bucket fellas,put it in his feet more,run him little,draw some penaltys,let them know you are going to dangle right to the tender and stuff him.

Make them stop the net drives from the middle ,then begin them from further out so they resort to grabbing more when the gaps are larger and they get lazy.The Oilers style require PPs and you MUST EARN THOSE just like goals,the 2nd best thing to scoring is drawing a penalty trying to score a goal.The 3d best is scoring on that hard-earned PP to drive the point home.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I like this game,it is breaking down into a real grinder of a game.No more flow or continuity or momentum.

Nicely done.

Now simply grind this one out.

Grinding an opponents system to a halt is the name of the game........this is a well Coached game with some nice adjustments,Nelly wont let it go and Roy is pulling as hard as he can and will likely charge the net in the 3rd using quick d-zone exits with his forwards picking up pucks early before the blueline as they exit their own zone n-zone rushes and late incoming support to try to finish.Dont let Patrick get those quick d-zone exits off,be ready for that small area he will be trying to get his forwards to pick up passes in...just before they exit their zone 5 feet before the blueline....time them and level someone with their head down in open ice early to change their focus.Make their d-men skate it or eat it,no free lunches tonight no short snappy breakout passes.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Could someone please in MEMORY OF RYAN SMYTH and Wayne Gretzky try a few wraparounds to keep this goaltender honest.

Just one....come on fellas, get it into his feet,make him look down.

Take it to the bucket trying to draw some PP time,keep perimeter shots low looking for deflections,use the wraparound more to mix it up in close when those deflections begin to pay off,and remember backhands are hard to read .

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You ought to carry it through the n-zone,they are stealing your lunchmoney in the n-zone now and transitioning to offense immediatly,3 numbers advantages in the last 8 minutes.You are giving them the puck way to many times,you need to burn up the clock,keep it on your sticks,rag it up-ice and right to the net,keep shots low looking to shovel in rebounds and greasy ones,try to wrap it around,but DO NOT KEEP DUMPING THE PUCKS TO THEM OR SENDING ONE MAN IN ALL ALONE SO THEY STRIP HIM AND TRANSITION BACK ON YOU FROM HIGH IN THEIR ZONE THIS IS WHERE THEY ARE GETTING THE N-ZONE JUMP ON YOU.From those lazy turnovers when you headman it to ONE GUY and give it away ,SKATE THE PUCK,work it like a rented mule.

I warned you of where Patrick would try to catalyse his offense out of,the small area,well by dumping them pucks and turning it over to them when they are simply standing in that exact small area you ARE DOING ALL THE WORK FOR Roy......do s I said above and grind this one out,dont STOP PUSHING FOR OFFENSE...just do it the right way.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join