It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 100 homes evacuated as bomb disposal experts carry out four controlled explosions after tw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

More than 100 homes evacuated as bomb disposal experts carry out four controlled explosions after two terror arrests Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk

More than 100 homes have been evacuated as bomb disposal experts carried out four controlled explosions this morning.

Two men were arrested last night on terrorism charges following the discovery of suspected explosives in a garage during raids on two properties in Cheltenham, according to police.

Officers arrested a 52-year-old man from the area under the Explosive Substances Act after finding items 'requiring further investigation' in the garage of one of the houses, in the Up Hatherley area.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk
news.sky.com

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
As I post this it does not appear to be getting much coverage but it does appear to be a terrorism related case. Initially the two men were arrested for explosive offense’s but have subsequently been charged for offenses relating to terrorism. It is possible that the Governments Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) may have been the target as it is less than a mile away form were these explosives were found. Currently there is no indication off what group these two men attribute themselves to or what their intended target was only that controlled demolitions have been carried out suggesting already had explosives and were preparing for an act of terror

www.dailymail.co.uk (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Just because they carried out controlled explosions it doesn't mean they found viable explosives or devices, they seem to have a habit of blowing things up just in case they MIGHT be dangerous (plus it looks more dramatic on the news reports) as I'm sure you know really.

Judging by your posting history, which I had occasion to look at yesterday, you really do seem to have an agenda to "big up" anything that may be in the slightest way construed (or misconstrued) as terrorism.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The article (after the headline of course) does say 'suspected explosives'. There are many case like this that after the dramatic sounding headlines, melt away into obscurity. Personally I suspect these people are true lone eccentics, not affiliated to any group, or people who have mistakenly become terrorist suspects but aren't.

Remember a few months back when a veiled muslim women was involved in a stand off in an English sea side town? Local residents suspected that she had a bomb but actually she was just a bit nuts and no terrorist plot existed. There were also many people named as terrorists straight after 9/11 that turned out to be nothing of the sort but the tabloids don't tend to print updates on their innocence.

I could be wrong in this case of course but screaming 'terrorist' before the facts are known is premature.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Sorry you are indeed correct, they do have a habit of blowing up anything that appears to be dangerous and it could very well be that not explosives were found. Time will tell though if the suspects did or did not have explosive devices. However according to media reports the men (or at least one of them) were initially arrested under the explosives act but then subsequently arrested under counterterrorism legislation this would suggest to me that the police are treating this as a terrorism case.

On the other point you have I do not have any “agenda” its just that terrorism is something I have a interest in and as such I post about it mostly.

edit on 12-5-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I would go so far as to add that they DID NOT find any viable explosives as the reporter states that the "explosions" sounded more like gunshots than actual explosions, so it would seem the only things that actually went bang were the detonator charges that the bomb squad set off and not what they were attached to.

Is yours a professional or amateur interest in terrorism ?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
They have to try and remind us there is still the boogieman lurking somehow

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I wonder if this whole thing is to incite more fear and justify the 1 Billion+ (?) spent on security measures for the Olympics.

I can just picture the next headline now.

"Arrested Terrorists who built bombs were plotting to blow up the Olympics"

edit on 12-5-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Could be they just like blowing stuff up meaning there is no such thing as a target. I myself like blowing stuff up. Don`t really think I`ve blown stuff up though more out in the open for the bang of it. So the bigger the better.

So due to my liking the effect suppose I`m a terrorist as is every single American that lights fireworks'.

I`m actually pretty sick of this Government trying to say how they are catching all this terrorist activity here.
If the US is under such high threat do you seriously think we would only be hearing of the few they catch (frame as terrorist) rather then this place blew up today and that one yesterday.

Seriously I in no way have that faith in our Government.

I say bombs are to easy to make and I really don`t know how to make them but this threat is only job security for the D.H.S. or we would have some Terrorist destruction type Headlines in the news rather then how hero like this Government is.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co... .uk/news/article-2143378/Police-evacuate-100-houses-men-arrested-anti-terrorism-operation.html#ixz

Text
A spokesman said: 'The two men arrested in Cheltenham yesterday, have both been further arrested on suspicion of the commission, instigation or preparation of a terrorist act (contrary to the Terrorism Act 2000).

'This relates to examination of the items found in a garage in Buttermere Close in the Up Hatherley area of Cheltenham.

'The South East Counter Terrorism Unit has assumed responsibility for the ongoing investigation but will continue to work closely with Gloucestershire Police.

'The 52-year-old man and 31-year-old-man are both from Cheltenham. They remain in police custody at this time.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This whole thing sounds like another blown-out-of-proportion frame-up job. Guys arrested for "terrorist supplies" in their garage? Hey, my garage contains a couple containers of gasoline for my lawnmower. They could probably arrest me as a Terrorist, too!

Along similar lines, maybe some brainy guys can tell me what's wrong with this article pertaining to the grammer school I attended when I was young:
www.northjersey.com...

As it stands today, I can't walk to the end of my own road without New neighbors (who live in recently built multi-million dollar McMansions) cell phoning one another "There's a strange man approaching your property."

CX

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Rumour has it, it was 12 bottles of bleach...

Seriously though, it's difficult to say for sure whether this is just an over excited headline or not. There are indeed idiots out there that would like to seriously spoil your day, i should know, i've dealt with enough of them in the past. These things sometimes do happen, and not everything is a conspiracy.

Bomb disposal don't usualy carry out controlled explosions on items that are not a risk.

CX.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This happened same day same town, coinsidence or conspiracy

www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

Sounds like a build up to a False Flag attack scenario again. I work for an Oil company overseas and being an Expat I always get alerts from the medical support company 'International SOS'.

This is their alert today:

13 May 2012

The police on 11 May arrested two people in the northern town of Cheltenham (Gloucestershire county) on suspicion of involvement in the ‘commission, instigation or preparation of a terrorist act', after the authorities found suspected explosives during raids on two addresses in the town. The police evacuated and cordoned off around 100 houses around Buttermere Close in the Up Hatherley area before carrying out four controlled explosions on the following day. The authorities have stated that the evacuation was done as a precautionary measure and the security cordon will be removed only after ascertaining that there was no potential threat to the residents.

Comment and Analysis

While details on the motives of the suspects, both of whom are residents of Cheltenham, are limited at this stage, the arrests underline the continuing capability of the security agencies to carry out surveillance operations and disrupt plots at an early stage. The incident also highlights the increased security alertness ahead of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, which are scheduled to be held in the capital London from late July to mid-September; recently, the police on 24 April arrested five suspects on similar charges in Luton, located 31 miles (50km) north-west of London. Although the risk of an Islamist militant attack is real and credible, the capabilities of the security forces considerably mitigate the risks posed by terrorist activity. Travelling personnel are more likely to be affected by disruption caused by security alerts, false alarms and occasional hoax bomb threats.

Travel Advice

• Normal travel to the UK can continue.
• There is a credible threat of terrorist attack by Islamist militants in the UK. Western embassies, government buildings, transport hubs, high-profile tourist attractions and high-profile commercial interests are likely targets.
• Personnel are advised to remain vigilant to their surroundings and to report any suspicious packages or behaviour to the police; in the event of security threats or alerts, personnel should follow established security guidelines, including any instructions to evacuate buildings or leave an area. If an incident does occur personnel should check in with their company's human resources or security function.'

Now if I decipher what this really says it will be summarized as follows:

'The Government in the UK has made up some stories for the build up to a possible False Flag attack at the London Olympics. We have an aircraft carrier in the Thames, some military boats with Sonic weapons, SAM battery placements on rooftops, Jet fighters at the air bases on standby and patsies ready to be blamed for some terrorist attacks that we will orchestrate.'

Looks like another 7/7 to me. The Olympics will be attacked and judging by the Illuminati card game there is a possibility that Big Ben will be destroyed. And Muslims will yet again be blamed. Why? Because the Zionists hate Muslims!!

edit on 13/5/2012 by stevcolx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

The police on 11 May arrested two people in the northern town of Cheltenham (Gloucestershire county)

Well I think this part of the alert says enough for me to judge the accuracy of it, the point of the red "A" on the map is Cheltenham, in what dimension can that be called a northern town ?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard

Originally posted by stevcolx

The police on 11 May arrested two people in the northern town of Cheltenham (Gloucestershire county)

Well I think this part of the alert says enough for me to judge the accuracy of it, the point of the red "A" on the map is Cheltenham, in what dimension can that be called a northern town ?

Maybe they were thinking north of Dorset.....lol

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
I myself like blowing stuff up. Don`t really think I`ve blown stuff up though more out in the open for the bang of it. So the bigger the better.

Yeah blowing up stuff is FUN and the bigger the better

Miss the good old days of Bob Lazars' Desert Blasts
Even the ATF, police and military guys came out

The following pictures are from Real Edge magazine who did a story on the last Desert Blast (no. 13) which was held in 1999. This is looking east over the dry lake bed and there are 2 airplanes in a dog fight. The skull and bones was always Bob's signature flag. When it wasn't flying over Desert Blast it was flying over his house:

This is the 3000 pouinds of ammonium nitrate going up :

Sigh.... the Good Old Days

Nowadays the cops spot chemistry equipment in your garage and the next day the detectives knock at your door wanting to know about that Meth lab you have

edit on 13-5-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Oh looky here, it wasn't your "terrorists" after all

It seems it was a lone "crank" afraid of burglars

So can we have a Whoops I was wrong from the "OMG TERRORIST ATTACK" brigade

BBC news linky

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

So this is old news then??

I have a feeling this guy was reading too much news and watching too much news to get scared enough to want to make explosives to scare off intruders!!

This is what happens when you watch too much news or 'crimewatch'....
edit on 17-7-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

top topics

join