It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Bashers & Deluded Americans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Obama is a fast talker and thinker and brought something new to the office of Potus.

his potential enemies don't know how to deal with him and approach with caution.

Ron Paul is food.

as the world gets used to someone like Obama, they'll become more aggressive.

Bullies, however, only come in one size.

Wedgies for all.

edit on 12-5-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by Swills

Obama is a fast talker and thinker and brought something new to the office of Potus.

his potential enemies don't know how to deal with him and approach with caution.

Ron Paul is food.

as the world gets used to someone like Obama, they'll become more aggressive.

Bullies, however, only come in one size.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, so back to Obama's political experience and careers, what do you know? Please, go on, we'll all wait.

You and your bully talk? Didn't I read a post of yours where you say you're a bully, went to prison, and bullied your wife? Speaking of bullies, do you consider the USA Gov't a bully? Who in your eyes, the eyes of a bully, are the bullies of the world? To place a vote based on whose the better bully is ridiculous, but to each their own. You do know Ron Paul was in the Air Force, right? What branch of the service did Obama belong too?
edit on 12-5-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

he has none...by comparison.

he was an Illinois State Senator for a few years then fast tracked to the US Senate by capturing the seat vacated by a disgraced man...and running against Alan Keyes, a Republican stuntman from Illinois.

he delivered a speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention making him a household name.

the very fact that Ron Paul was not able to accomplish anything comparable should let everyone know that Paul is out of his league.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

he has none...by comparison.

he was an Illinois State Senator for a few years then fast tracked to the US Senate by capturing the seat vacated by a disgraced man...and running against Alan Keyes, a Republican stuntman from Illinois.

he delivered a speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention making him a household name.

the very fact that Ron Paul was not able to accomplish anything comparable should let everyone know that Paul is out of his league.

So what experience does Obama have that makes him fit for president that Ron Paul doesn't have? From the looks of it Obama is lacking experience in comparison while his only "advantage" is the people he knows and gave a speech in 2004. Being a fast talker qualifies you for Prez? What exactly has Obama done, in your eyes, that he is qualified for Prez while Ron Paul is not?

Ron Paul is clearly not out of anyone's leagues but opinions are great because we all have one. Btw, who is your vote going to, Obama or Romney?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

if Ron Paul was in Obama's league he'd have been president 24 years ago.

don't you get it?

and the only thing I know about my vote is where it isn't going.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fakshon

You can't argue with a man that has kept his word and stood by his story for over 30 years.

Sure you can. Just because someone is consistent in their beliefs it doesn't make those beliefs right. There are a lot of people who have believed the same thing for their entire lives who are dead wrong.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

if Ron Paul was in Obama's league he'd have been president 24 years ago.

don't you get it?

Oh I see, because it's that simple huh? Because Ron Paul didn't win the presidency back when he ran in 1988 with the Libertarian Party (not the Republican party) he clearly isn't qualified to be president now? Hell, Romney and Paul both ran in 2008, so because they didn't win that race we should also disqualify them?

What I don't get is your logic.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

So what experience does Obama have that makes him fit for president that Ron Paul doesn't have?

Well, speaking about right now, Obama has three years of experience being the president. Meanwhile Ron Paul has only gotten one bill passed after 30 years in congress.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Well Obama was a community organizer, a lawyer, a professor, a state legislature, and a senator.

I think that's more than qualified.
edit on 12-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by Swills

So what experience does Obama have that makes him fit for president that Ron Paul doesn't have?

Well, speaking about right now, Obama has three years of experience being the president. Meanwhile Ron Paul has only gotten one bill passed after 30 years in congress.

And those 3 years of experience being president he does have over Romney and Paul, but are these past 3 years anything to brag about? So yes, technically he has that but I was referring to his past experience Vs Paul's. Paul may have had only 1 bill passed but he sponsored many, and too bad some of them didn't get passed.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Swills

Well Obama was a community organizer, a lawyer, a professor, a state legislature, and a senator.

Yes, I can read Wikipedia too, but lets talk about details. What are they?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

vote for the guy. i'm only selling my own opinion...i don't give a crap who you vote for.

i'm not an idealist...if things in this world were as I wanted them...i wouldn't be so bored as to spend my time on a thread like this endlessly debating with what I consider to be crazy people about Ron Paul.

for the record it would involve more sticky buds, fresh air near an open body of water and girls with out of proportion body parts.

i'm just letting you know that Ron Paul is what I consider...The Problem with America.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Wow... after reading your reply to me and the rest of your post I can only say one thing...

Your meds.. take them

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Well I'll have to go to wikipedia to see the details. The fact that he has held the positions is more than qualified. They are all leadership roles.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

just what I'd expect from a Ron Paul supporter....

...a pre-programmed response...

do you know how long people have been giving that diagnosis?

like I said earlier...Out of your league.

Ron Paul should run for a post at the Water Reclamation District...that's more his speed.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

vote for the guy. i'm only selling my own opinion...i don't give a crap who you vote for.

Angry much?

i'm not an idealist...if things in this world were as I wanted them...i wouldn't be so bored as to spend my time on a thread like this endlessly debating with what I consider to be crazy people about Ron Paul.

But isn't that exactly what you do? Spend time in threads endlessly debating with what you consider to be crazy people? Shall we go through your post history?

for the record it would involve more sticky buds, fresh air near an open body of water and girls with out of proportion body parts.

I dunno what this has to do with anything but I'm with you on this one. FYI, a Ron Paul America would allow states to decide what they want to do with all drugs, and more importantly, medical marijuana dispensaries will no longer be raided by the Feds.

i'm just letting you know that Ron Paul is what I consider...The Problem with America.

Ron Paul is what's wrong with America? What planet do you live on? An Obama administration is what's wrong with America, but that's my opinion.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Swills

Well I'll have to go to wikipedia to see the details. The fact that he has held the positions is more than qualified. They are all leadership roles.

Well, a leadership role is a good start but what else?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Obama was never a professor. He was nothing more than a senior lecturer. The position was given to him to provide a political stepping stone.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

i'm angry all of the time...it my natural disposition...you could almost consider it my version of happy.

to debate with me...i assure you that you are the crazy one.

i don't care how the feds or the states decide to handle marijuana...doesn't affect me one bit. must suck to be someone who cares.

i've been to the doctor twice in 25 years...once for poison ivy and another time for swimmer's ear after spending too much time in the hot tub...

but that all that's important for anyone...your own opinion...i'm giving you mine and you seem to be bothered by it.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was the president of the Harvard Law Review. He was a community organizer in Chicago before earning his law degree. He worked as a civil rights attorney in Chicago and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. He served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004.

Obama was hired as director of the Developing Communities Project, a church-based community organization... He worked there as a community organizer from June 1985 to May 1988. He helped set up a job training program, a college preparatory tutoring program, and a tenants' rights organization in Altgeld Gardens.[31] Obama also worked as a consultant and instructor for the Gamaliel Foundation, a community organizing institute.[32]

DCP was incorporated as a not-for-profit organization under the leadership of its first executive director Barack Obama. It continues to provide literacy, job training and leadership development programs, for which it has received multiple awards, such as the 2007 Chicago Community Organizing Award.

In late 1988, Obama entered Harvard Law School. He was selected as an editor of the Harvard Law Review at the end of his first year,[35] and president of the journal in his second year.[31][36] During his summers, he returned to Chicago, where he worked as an associate at the law firms of Sidley Austin in 1989 and Hopkins & Sutter in 1990.[37] After graduating with a J.D. magna cum laude[38

In 1991, Obama accepted a two-year position as Visiting Law and Government Fellow at the University of Chicago Law School to work on his first book.[39][40] He then taught at the University of Chicago Law School for twelve years—as a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996, and as a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004—teaching constitutional law.[41]

From April to October 1992, Obama directed Illinois's Project Vote, a voter registration campaign with ten staffers and seven hundred volunteer registrars; it achieved its goal of registering 150,000 of 400,000 unregistered African Americans in the state, and led to Crain's Chicago Business naming Obama to its 1993 list of "40 under Forty" powers to be.[42] In 1993 he joined Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland, a 13-attorney law firm specializing in civil rights litigation and neighborhood economic development, where he was an associate for three years from 1993 to 1996, then of counsel from 1996 to 2004.

From 1994 to 2002, Obama served on the boards of directors of the Woods Fund of Chicago, which in 1985 had been the first foundation to fund the Developing Communities Project; and of the Joyce Foundation.[29] He served on the board of directors of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge from 1995 to 2002, as founding president and chairman of the board of directors from 1995 to 1999.[29]

Obama was elected to the Illinois Senate in 1996

Once elected, Obama gained bipartisan support for legislation reforming ethics and health care laws.[45] He sponsored a law increasing tax credits for low-income workers, negotiated welfare reform, and promoted increased subsidies for childcare

Obama was reelected to the Illinois Senate in 1998, defeating Republican Yesse Yehudah in the general election, and was reelected again in 2002.

In January 2003, Obama became chairman of the Illinois Senate's Health and Human Services Committee when Democrats, after a decade in the minority, regained a majority.[50] He sponsored and led unanimous, bipartisan passage of legislation to monitor racial profiling by requiring police to record the race of drivers they detained, and legislation making Illinois the first state to mandate videotaping of homicide interrogations

In May 2002, Obama commissioned a poll to assess his prospects in a 2004 U.S. Senate race; he created a campaign committee, began raising funds and lined up political media consultant David Axelrod by August 2002, and formally announced his candidacy in January 2003.

Obama was an early opponent of the George W. Bush administration's 2003 invasion of Iraq.[55] On October 2, 2002, the day President Bush and Congress agreed on the joint resolution authorizing the Iraq War,[56] Obama addressed the first high-profile Chicago anti-Iraq War rally,[57] and spoke out against the war.[58] He addressed another anti-war rally in March 2003 and told the crowd that "it's not too late" to stop the war.[59]

Well, a leadership role is a good start but what else?

What else do you need? We are talking qualifications, not if you agree with him politically.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join