It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny my ignorance please...where is the polling and voting options on the forums?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Sure there was or is good reason not to activate it, however like to think there is more that can be gained by doing so, that outweighs any opinions to not activate it and not ignore what is best for ATS as a wholeall things considered.

Polls could be done with members name who voted for what option or left where no one knows who voted for what, either as optional for member to choose or ATS to dictate...

This would help gather a better consensus on topics without the need to read through all the rhetoric and pages to see what overall the opinions represent, thus being a great tool to help us discern and also if option is available understand what other members feel, at glance on matters of relevancy...

Surveying and polling on issues that will make ATS rise in the world of forums and websites to a level that would be advantageous for everyone...unless some of the polling suggest to someone that there views and perspectives are not in line with the general majority of those or if they are, then could be confirmation that not alone...

Star Flagging is great, and still be utilized in conjunction and could go on about reasons to offer polling, etc., however like to get some member and staff feedback and if there has been or is a recent thread on the matters to reflect upon, please link here for us all to review and see how it pertains to now and then..

edit on 12-5-2012 by earthinhabitant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
now one of the talk host is saying need to be a member to start up a thread about the conversation having fun now....

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Starring and flagging is good enough.
Having a poll would just complicate things.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
ATS does do the occasional poll depending on the time of year and the issues at hand. A whole series of them was done last year.

Not sure why they ended up not continuing, probably because of all the hard work that the owners go to make this place great, it took a back seat to the other "upgrades" this place is probably getting in the near future.

Starring & Flagging is fine. If you don't want to read an entire discussion in order to get the overall consensus of the conversation, then why bother?

TLDR?

~Tenth

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
ATS does do the occasional poll depending on the time of year and the issues at hand. A whole series of them was done last year.

Not sure why they ended up not continuing, probably because of all the hard work that the owners go to make this place great, it took a back seat to the other "upgrades" this place is probably getting in the near future.

Starring & Flagging is fine. If you don't want to read an entire discussion in order to get the overall consensus of the conversation, then why bother?

TLDR?

~Tenth

Polling is much more effective then flagging or other, as it can be configured to bring about statistical data on views and who is voting on and for what, among other good reasons, as we could flag and star and favorite etc., all combined, would not be the same as surveying and polling...as questions could be voted on my items multiple choice, yes or no or however , as surveying is where it is at, if you want to analyze threads and make it more interactive and gather responses that are more accurate and indicative or more than just a thread or post in general, should not be to hard to use for those that may have impairments or need help in understanding how to vote or use it...I hope..

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
of forgot to answer, why don't like reading entire threads, when pages long, as it is a time issue and do not like waddling in the mud and get crap on my shoes unless the topic is for my taste of course and sometimes, just like to post a vote and be done with it and no need to comment and read all the conversations, as too many spinners in here just making up crap about too many things and discrediting people with far fetch bull crap, as 2 thumbs down, and one finger up, is easy for me to deduce better and avoid wasting hours reading to determine it all...and post vote
edit on 13-5-2012 by earthinhabitant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by earthinhabitant

To save space, can I ask about another function in this thread? Let's see:

Several times I've heard mention of receiving 'applause'. What is it and how is it done?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

how would it complicate things? Not sure understand or you do...or both

top topics

join