It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it that when people say "everything is made of energy", they don't tell you that energy is

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
i do agree, that it is a good thing to like things, and not like things.

it makes you YOU.

i like mozzerella, but not bleu cheese. (i think)

peace.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Ohhh thank you for reminding me I need to buy mozzarella. And agreed on your previous post.

much love

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
these are all just words, they mean nothing

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by arpgme

What are your opinions of duality?

I always seek to understand the poles of a dual pair, and bring the two into a place of one.

Light and Dark energy you speak of seems another duality. Two faces of the same coin.

What is beyond Dark and Light?

Peace.

Energy is the middle ground. There is dark energy and light energy, but both are energy. People like to say that dark is "absence" but this is not true, any scientist can tell you that.

Originally posted by Phage

I keep telling people that the LIGHT is IN the DARKNESS, but most aren't getting it.

Because it's wrong? Light is that band of the electromagnetic spectrum which is perceptible by the human eye. There is no darkness in it.

You are thinking too simplistically. We already know for a fact that most things are made of %90 empty space, within that 'stuff' which makes the "spectrum" there is emptiness - darkness, even around the light of the stars in outerspace, there exist in darkness...

Originally posted by Mizzijr
I like this thread. However, I'm pretty sure your wrong. Because you see.. I've lived in the darkness, to be completely honest I still am in the darkness. I did it on purpose, I never thought the darkness was good but I had my reasons to I found my answer and I'm on my way back.

I'm not sure how you can have freedom following rules, isn't that actually LIMITING freedom? Most people associate darkness with evil for some reason...

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
i do agree, that it is a good thing to like things, and not like things.

it makes you YOU.

i like mozzerella, but not bleu cheese. (i think)

peace.

That would not be possible without darkness / duality, yet everybody always hates it. People need to learn BALANCE. In Hermetics and the Emeralds I think this is what Toth / Hermes teaches, BALANCE.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I think a few of you should watch this video to get a better understanding of just what Light is.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
dark energy doesn't exist. there is a fundamental energy/flux, we just haven't discovered it yet.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mzungu
dark energy doesn't exist. there is a fundamental energy/flux, we just haven't discovered it yet.

this is true....the dark energy theory was just a hypothesis because scientists couldn't explain what they were seeing. They didn't really have an idea, so they just said added "dark energy" to their equation to make what they were seeing fit with what they observed happening.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I don't get why you are equating light with love, and darkness with hate. they are all very different things.
You're assuming love=light. and then from that you're saying dark=hate.
But your assumption of love=light could be wrong.
and then you go a step further and say hate=good.
You have a very poor proof of hate=good.

Get your hate loving self out of here, jk on this last part.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Energy is the middle ground. There is dark energy and light energy, but both are energy. People like to say that dark is "absence" but this is not true, any scientist can tell you that.

And a leading scientist told me that there is no real evidence that dark energy is real.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Energy and light are two different things. In fact, 72% of all energy is DARK, and this builds up 24% of all matter which is DARK. There is only 4% matter (light). [1]. Everything is energy and energy is life/consciousness, this is true; but all energy is not light, not even half of it is.

I keep telling people that the LIGHT is IN the DARKNESS, but most aren't getting it. The darkness is FREEDOM. It is because of darkness that light CAN exist. We need both to be balanced. Light of love without Darkness of hate is an imbalance. Darkness is there to help us be free to move around and experience and we can use hate (lack of love) to PROTECT ourselves and others.

Love without hate is unnatural. Imagine if your body were infected with a virus and your immune system decided to "love" it instead of fighting (hate) it? You would die.

White is the color of unity, love, and surrendering (think of 'the white flag' and being forced to join something)...
Black is the color of individuality, power (focus), and freedom (of expression AND emotion - love AND hate)...

POWER/FOCUS is the most important thing. Most people like to make it seem like darkness is all about evil and hate and no love but that is not true. It is just about POWER and that is used to keep joy and happiness in your life with love AND with hate to protect yourself and others...

Put the smoke down, and explain to me DEFINE Energy, and how its made... Also explain to me why we have to make it that way...

We can produce energy and its waste but we do not understand it... Its nature... Its raw power, and here you are explaining to me what it is, with jargon.....

talk about going off the deep end...

Why don't you swim back to the shallow end of the pool.....

You wont catch any big fish with these words...

If anything you'll get lectures..

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewerBeing
I like this, but I have to disagree with you at one point. Light is hate, darkness is love. I say this because the light disrupts the calm of the darkness. When it's too bright, our eyes hurt from the brightness. Darkness can't hurt us. The TPTB try to flip it backwards in movies, making the darkness look evil. It's like Yin and Yang

No your wrong:

Light is LOVE
Darkness is HATE

The reason is because light can hurt you is when there is an imbalance in dark/light, there always needs to be equal amount, otherwise dark can hurt you too by killing plants, therefore killing all life.

But the light feeds life into us, and gives life to all plants, therefore all life. This is why we have night and day, balance is a necessity. Both need eachother to survive.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Darkness is lack of energy, not negative energy. Matter is energy in physics and it moves from order to chaos and back again. Many philosophies share the same as physic's concept about the universe.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Thank you , have not read that for awhile.To look deep enough must not everything stop though?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
"Be lamps unto yourselves." and "We are what we think." - Buddha

"A monk asked Ummon, "What is the teaching that transcends the Buddha and patriarchs?" Ummon said, "A sesame bun." - The Zen Masters.

"Do not regard as valuable anything that can be taken away." - Seneca

"What upsets people is not things themselves but their judgements about things." - Epictetus

"Love is nothing else but pleasure accompanied by the idea of an external cause." - Spinoza

"Do not judge God's world from your own. Trim your hedge as you wish and plant your flowers in the patterns you can understand, but do not judge the garden of nature from your little window-box." - Lichtenberg

"Truths are illusions of which one has forgotten that they are illusions." - Nietzsche

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Why is it that when people say "everything is made of energy", they don't tell you (what) that energy is?

Because they don't know, obviously.

They are simply parroting a scientific trope without knowing what it means.

In the future, when the light of science has guttered and died, the intellectual descendants of such people will make altars to Galileo, Newton and Einstein, whom they will regard as miracle-working gods, and sacrifice virgins to them.

edit on 13/5/12 by Astyanax because: the OP left something out.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Energy and light are two different things. In fact, 72% of all energy is DARK, and this builds up 24% of all matter which is DARK. There is only 4% matter (light). [1]. Everything is energy and energy is life/consciousness, this is true; but all energy is not light, not even half of it is.

I keep telling people that the LIGHT is IN the DARKNESS, but most aren't getting it. The darkness is FREEDOM. It is because of darkness that light CAN exist. We need both to be balanced. Light of love without Darkness of hate is an imbalance. Darkness is there to help us be free to move around and experience and we can use hate (lack of love) to PROTECT ourselves and others.

Love without hate is unnatural. Imagine if your body were infected with a virus and your immune system decided to "love" it instead of fighting (hate) it? You would die.

White is the color of unity, love, and surrendering (think of 'the white flag' and being forced to join something)...
Black is the color of individuality, power (focus), and freedom (of expression AND emotion - love AND hate)...

POWER/FOCUS is the most important thing. Most people like to make it seem like darkness is all about evil and hate and no love but that is not true. It is just about POWER and that is used to keep joy and happiness in your life with love AND with hate to protect yourself and others...

Light is just symbolism for the "ability to see" in the darkness. We as humans can see in ROYGBIV and can't in the lack of. Light is also a symbol for connectedness with the universe. Understanding and oneness with everything. Its all symbolism.

Light is also warm to our touch. So to "live in light and love" would be to feel comforted and not fear the unknown.

We see pictures in our minds and when we try to think of nothing we see black or darkness. Some may see white or light but that is not the absence of thought due to the color white being made up of all colors (light speaking). The absence of color is black. Black being a shade and not a color. white is a shade as well but that is in painting and not light speaking.

All things are energy and most that truly know about this subject are well aware that not all energy is light. But if you were "one with the universe" it would seem to our human minds as illumination.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

The way that you painted the picture of light and darkness, it sounds exactly what I was saying about the darkness just a different perspective... hmm...

If you are saying that light is fearlessness because it helps you see through the dark, then I would say that is a good perspective of light....

Maybe instead of painting "light" and "dark" we should actually focus on the qualities of problems instead of trying to associate the emotions to it.

I really do believe that the only spiritual war is freedom vs bondage rather than good vs evil.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Energy is not an entity, it is a concept. Energy is the capacity to do work. It is a property of physical systems. Without an object with the capacity to do work there is no energy. 'Potential energy' for example doesn't mean an object is filled with "energy" waiting to be released, it just means the object has the potential to do work because of it's position. Energy expended is the measurement of the work done moving the object.

Dark energy is the hypothetical form of energy that is causing the accelerating expansion of space, whose source can not be seen, thus the 'dark'. There is work being done, acceleration of space, with no known objects to create the energy to do that. There is no actual 'dark energy'.

Light is not energy. Energy is a property of light. It has the capacity to do work.

You are confusing the metaphysical use of the term 'energy', with physics.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Without darkness, there can't be light and without light there can't be darkness...there is no " war " ...there just " is "
edit on 13-5-2012 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
Without darkness, there can't be light and without light there can't be darkness.

There is no such thing as 'darkness'. It is simply a lack of light.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join